▼ Content

How can climate policy prevent wars.?

Page 2 of 3<123>
14-01-2024 23:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­IBdaMann

It is too often so deplorable that it defies description when climate deniers meddle in politics.

So stop meddling in politics. Since you deny the very meaning of 'climate', you really should stay out of politics.
Jakob wrote:
You simply must not do anything good if there is a risk that it could reduce CO2 emissions.

What's wrong with CO2 emissions? The stuff isn't plutonium, dude.
Jakob wrote:
People must not be advised to eat healthier,

Void argument fallacy. Define 'eat healthier'.
Jakob wrote:
renewable energy must not be used and so on.

They ARE used and for good reason. Both oil and natural gas are renewable energy.
Jakob wrote:
Are you one of those.?
­

What do you mean by "those"? Are you referring to non-believers in the Church of Global Warming, the Church of Green, and the Church of Karl Marx?

I bet you're a believer in the Church of the Ozone Hole, the Church of Hate, and the Church of Covid as well.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-01-2024 23:07
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­

GasGuzzler

Are you also IBdaMann, or don't you think he is smart enough to answer for himself.?
Or perhaps you simply have an inner urge to demonstrate your lack of competence in both science, debate culture and democracy. If so, I think you are doing well.

­

Are you perhaps unaware that this isn't a personal message system? If you make a post here, ANYONE might respond to it!

"Climate change" is not science. Science has NO theories about undefined buzzwords.
It is YOU ignoring science.

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You cannot create energy out of nothing. See the 1st law of thermodynamics, which you are ignoring.

There is no such thing as a "debate culture". Buzzword fallacy.
There are currently no democracies anywhere in the world.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-01-2024 23:11
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
GasGuzzler wrote:
Again, you feel free to use whatever energy source you want whether that's renewable or hydrocarbons. Don't force me to use your preferred energy source and don't ask me to pay for it.

That is exactly what climate deniers do to others

...and that is exactly what you are doing, climate denier. You want to force people to use your religiously favored energy source. Solar and wind are piddle power, dude. They are the most expensive and 2nd most expensive methods of generating electricity by far, watt for watt. Even nuclear power is MUCH cheaper!
Jakob wrote:
­when they prevent the transition to renewable energy.

You aren't.
Jakob wrote:
­They force those ready for change to pay for fossil energy.
­

There is no such thing as "fossil energy". Buzzword fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

14-01-2024 23:16
(21628)
James_ wrote:
Jakob wrote:
­
GasGuzzler wrote:
Again, you feel free to use whatever energy source you want whether that's renewable or hydrocarbons. Don't force me to use your preferred energy source and don't ask me to pay for it.

That is exactly what climate deniers do to others when they prevent the transition to renewable energy. They force those ready for change to pay for fossil energy.
­

All of the cathedrals in Europe were built during the last warm period except for one.

What "warm period"?
James_ wrote:
A basilica in Spain had construction started in 1880.

So?
James_ wrote:
That is about the end of the last cool period.

What "cool period"?
James_ wrote:
Rome flourished during a warm period and collapsed when the climate cooled.

Climate has no temperature. What "warm period" and what "cool period"?
James_ wrote:
In scientific terms they are called climate ripples.

No such phrase. Buzzword fallacy.
James_ wrote:
Myself, I think SOx and NOx which comes from burning fossil fuels is the real problem.

Fossils aren't used as fuel. Fossils don't burn. No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You cannot create energy out of nothing.
James_ wrote:
It's possible that when fossil fuels run out

Fossils aren't used as fuel. You can't run out of something that doesn't exist.
James_ wrote:
is when ozone depleting gasses (ODSs) will wreak havoc on the ozone layer with nothing to counteract its affect with out burning a lot of trees.

You are ignoring the Chapman cycle again.

The Parrot Killer

14-01-2024 23:21
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
GasGuzzler wrote:
If you are ready for renewable energy, then you spend your money on it. I won't stand in your way. Just don't ask me to subsidize your piss poor purchase. Is that fair?

No that is not fair.

So you think not stealing from someone is "unfair"??????!?
Jakob wrote:
­There are many people in the city that has no option to use electricity based on renewable energy. So you have to help them with that.

Most electricity in cities is ALREADY using renewable energy. Typically, natural gas and oil products.
Jakob wrote:
­And when it is done, and you don't like it, then you can just buy a gas generator for your own house, so you don't have to use sustainable energy.

Gasoline and diesel oil IS sustainable energy. They are both renewable fuels. If you power your generator with natural gas or propane, they are both renewable fuels as well.
Jakob wrote:
­That will be fair and provide the people with real freedom to choose.

People can ALREADY choose. YOU want to take that away, Climate Denier.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 14-01-2024 23:22
15-01-2024 01:52
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Jakob wrote:
­
GasGuzzler wrote:

That is exactly what climate deniers do to others when they prevent the transition to renewable energy. They force those ready for change to pay for fossil energy.
­

All of the cathedrals in Europe were built during the last warm period except for one.

What "warm period"?
James_ wrote:

So?
James_ wrote:

What "cool period"?
James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:
Myself, I think SOx and NOx which comes from burning fossil fuels is the real problem.

Fossils aren't used as fuel. Fossils don't burn. No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You cannot create energy out of nothing.
James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:
is when ozone depleting gasses (ODSs) will wreak havoc on the ozone layer with nothing to counteract its affect with out burning a lot of trees.

Fossils are leftover after animals have been made into crude oil.

Is the Chapman cycle a unicycle, bicycle or a tricycle?
16-01-2024 04:48
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
Jakob wrote:
­

GasGuzzler wrote:

­

The climate has been warming steadily for 22,000 years, and humanity has nothing to do with the warming

When I was in the U.S. Navy, we ran over this submarine; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_submarine_K-314

6 Russian (Soviet, they could've been Ukrainian) nationals died and that wasn't in the news. I worked in 3 MMR, P - 4 Division. We lost fires in one boiler due to fuel oil contamination (I went on watch AFTER this happened). The screw of the Soviet submarine ruptured a fuel tank our boiler was feeding off of.
Losing fires in the burners allows for water hammers. That is water molecules in the steam that has been generated. A ruptured steam pipe will kill everyone in the engine room in 6 seconds. It's 1,200 psi at over 980º F./527º C.
When we got back stateside, an E-4 in our engine room went out drinking. A truck ran a red light and he T-Boned it. 2 more people died. in a span of 6 months my engine room was involved in 8 deaths.
Yours won't bother me Alan. Those 8 people, what should I say about them?
Kind of why I've tried to get along with people, I know what the alternative is.
And Alan, we ran over the Russian submarine because we could. I actually know what happened and yet neither Russia or the U.S. has talked about it.
If you ever don't want to know something Alan, serve in the military. There are things I'd like to forget.

You were in the Norwegian Navy.

Q: How do you sink a Norwegian submarine?
A: Scuba-dive down and knock on the door.

Q: How do you sink a Norwegian submarine again?
A: Dive down and knock on the door again. Wait for them to open the window and say, "You aren't fooling us this time!"

Q: How do you sink a Swedish submarine?
A: Give it a Norwegian crew.

Alan, what does this look like?

The ship that you scraped off used grease on?

Am I correct?

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
17-01-2024 01:46
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Swan wrote:

Am I correct?

I guess you don't like the U.S., do you?
17-01-2024 03:49
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Am I correct?

Coming from the fool who wants to leave the USA, that is precious

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

17-01-2024 13:22
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Am I correct?

LOL, is your son an engineer for Lockheed Martin? But you already knew that.

https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/products/aegis-combat-system.html

Cheers, and remember you can leave with your Buster wheel anytime

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 17-01-2024 13:46
17-01-2024 18:13
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Am I correct?

Oh my how quiet it is now

ULTRA MAGA

18-01-2024 01:32
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Swan wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Am I correct?

Oh my how quiet it is now

ULTRA MAGA

19-01-2024 00:39
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

I sense you guys don't want to learn anything from me, and maybe you actually know more about war weapon balance than I do, so I have a specific question for you about that:

To what degree can the existing defensive weapons help to prevent wars.?

­
19-01-2024 01:51
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Jakob wrote:
­

I sense you guys don't want to learn anything from me, and maybe you actually know more about war weapon balance than I do, so I have a specific question for you about that:

­

Defensive weapons don't prevent war.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
19-01-2024 03:19
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14450)
Into the Night wrote:
Jakob wrote: ­Maybe it is time to remember why you went to the moon.
It wasn't to "update the electrical grid".

I heard it was to re-solder the leads.
19-01-2024 03:23
(14450)
Jakob wrote: I sense you guys don't want to learn anything from me,

Perish the thought. In fact, I very much want you to teach me the unambiguous, formal defintion of the global climate, which you haven't offered yet.
19-01-2024 13:13
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

No, that wasn't why. That would have been far too easy.

I want you to remember this:

You didn't do it because it was easy, you did it because it was HARD.!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYJRwgHEFS0

I am not sure I agree with the goal but it is that spirit that made America great.
And now is the time to put it to use for the grid and renewable energy.
You are far behind, but you can catch up quickly on a lot if, for example, you learn from Denmark and Germany, where wind turbines have been intensively developed for more than 50 years. Biden has already started it, but I guess you also need Elon Musk and Bill Gates and many others to help pull the huge load it is to build the new and better civilization where America can stand proudly on its own two feet again.

Go for it.!

­
­
19-01-2024 18:00
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Jakob wrote:
­it is that spirit that made America great
­

Wrong. Sadly, far too many don't understand what made America great.

Individuals realizing their full potential through capitalism made America great. Recent history has replaced greatness with government reliance and demonizing success by labeling it greed. Makes me puke.

You have come here with a solution without identifying a problem. We don't want your overpriced and underperforming piddle power.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
19-01-2024 18:40
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Jakob wrote:
­

­

Weapons are not made to prevent war, they are made to win war.

ULTRA MAGA

19-01-2024 21:22
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­

­

They don't. Weapons are used to fight wars, not prevent them.

The Parrot Killer

19-01-2024 21:24
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­

IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

No, that wasn't why. That would have been far too easy.

I want you to remember this:

You didn't do it because it was easy, you did it because it was HARD.!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYJRwgHEFS0

I am not sure I agree with the goal but it is that spirit that made America great.
And now is the time to put it to use for the grid and renewable energy.
You are far behind, but you can catch up quickly on a lot if, for example, you learn from Denmark and Germany, where wind turbines have been intensively developed for more than 50 years. Biden has already started it, but I guess you also need Elon Musk and Bill Gates and many others to help pull the huge load it is to build the new and better civilization where America can stand proudly on its own two feet again.

Go for it.!

­
­

Wind turbines are piddle power. It's not a 'new and better civilization'.
Oil and natural gas are renewable energy.

There is no need to 'catch up' to nations that have insufficient power generating capacity.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 19-01-2024 21:25
19-01-2024 22:20
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

Swan wrote:

I am glad it is not that simple.
Being able to protect your facilities can be very important in reducing the enemy's desire to start a war.
If you look at the cold war, that never came to war, it was mostly about the balance of power, and one of the things that Reagan used to end it with was a threat about a star war program.
A program that would make it possible to shoot down all Russian nuclear missiles before they could hit USA.

­
19-01-2024 22:26
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

IBdaMann wrote:

Perish the thought. In fact, I very much want you to teach me the unambiguous, formal defintion of the global climate, which you haven't offered yet.

I just did that with "fossil fuel" and "renewable energy":
https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/masa-d6-e4784.php#post_101414

And here you can see what I got out of it in a topic that actually is about making capitalism and the free market work for the electricity consumers in the USA:
https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/the-usa-electricity-system-hourly-billing--d9-e4787.php#post_101485

The debate here is one of the most mind-numbing things I have experienced. No wonder there are so few participants.

­
19-01-2024 22:47
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Jakob wrote:
­

IBdaMann wrote:

And here you can see what I got out of it in a topic that actually is about making capitalism and the free market work for the electricity consumers in the USA:
https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/the-usa-electricity-system-hourly-billing--d9-e4787.php#post_101485

The debate here is one of the most mind-numbing things I have experienced. No wonder there are so few participants.

­

This site is actually extremely informative if you are willing do your own thinking. Swan is largely ignored because he makes claims that don't align with a logical thought process. When asked to defend his position in his own words, he can only send a Google link, which is also quickly dismissed.

I don't want to talk to Google. I am quite capable of looking something up on the internet. I want to hear you articulate your position. So far you have not done that.

I believe you find the debate here mind numbing because you are not accustomed to doing your own thinking. You let Google and others do you thinking for you and you regurgitate what you have been told to be true.

Stick around and start trying some meaningful thought process. If we disagree at the end of the day, so be it.

20-01-2024 02:20
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
Swan wrote:

It is that simple. Any weapon is made to fight a war, even a personal light arm like a pistol. The goal of any war is to win it.
Jakob wrote:
Being able to protect your facilities can be very important in reducing the enemy's desire to start a war.

Because the enemy knows the cost of fighting the war. The weapon itself doesn't do that. The THREAT of using it does.
Jakob wrote:
If you look at the cold war, that never came to war, it was mostly about the balance of power,
and one of the things that Reagan used to end it with was a threat about a star war program.
A program that would make it possible to shoot down all Russian nuclear missiles before they could hit USA.
­

No system can shoot down all missiles, not even Reagan's 'Star Wars' program.

The fact that the USSR did not attack the United States directly wasn't because of Reagan. They did not attack because it became abundantly clear that the United States, the only ones to ever use a nuclear bomb on an enemy, would have no reservation about using it again. That was LONG before Reagan!

But the USSR did attack, just indirectly. The Korean war, the Vietnam war, the Cuban Missile Crisis, and numerous other wars and actions all were designed to attack US interests and allies. ALL of those wars used weapons to fight a war (and to win it if possible!).

The Cold War was a real war, with the use of weapons and everything. The US won that war. The USSR fell, to be replaced with the current Russian government (currently an oligarchy).

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 20-01-2024 02:35
20-01-2024 02:41
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
IBdaMann wrote:

Nope. No mention of a definition for 'global climate' at all.
Fossils aren't used as fuel. Both oil and natural gas are renewable energy.
Jakob wrote:
­https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/masa-d6-e4784.php#post_101414

No definition of 'global climate' or 'climate change' here either. Void reference fallacy.
Jakob wrote:
­And here you can see what I got out of it in a topic that actually is about making capitalism and the free market work for the electricity consumers in the USA:

­https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/the-usa-electricity-system-hourly-billing--d9-e4787.php#post_101485

Fascism is not capitalism. Redefinition fallacy.
Jakob wrote:
­The debate here is one of the most mind-numbing things I have experienced. No wonder there are so few participants.

There are no debates here. Just conversations. Whining gets you nowhere.

The Parrot Killer

20-01-2024 02:42
(21628)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Jakob wrote:
­

IBdaMann wrote:

­

This site is actually extremely informative if you are willing do your own thinking. Swan is largely ignored because he makes claims that don't align with a logical thought process. When asked to defend his position in his own words, he can only send a Google link, which is also quickly dismissed.

I don't want to talk to Google. I am quite capable of looking something up on the internet. I want to hear you articulate your position. So far you have not done that.

I believe you find the debate here mind numbing because you are not accustomed to doing your own thinking. You let Google and others do you thinking for you and you regurgitate what you have been told to be true.

Stick around and start trying some meaningful thought process. If we disagree at the end of the day, so be it.
Now he couldn't ask for a better invitation than that! Well said!

The Parrot Killer

20-01-2024 04:06
(14450)
Jakob wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I just did that with "fossil fuel" and "renewable energy"

Obviously you have greater proficiency in the Danish language than in English.

Have someone translate this for you into Danish: "You have not offered a formal, unambiguous definition of the global climate that does not violate physics, mathematics, logic and/or economics."

You are dead in the water until you provide that definition.
20-01-2024 05:12
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
IBdaMann wrote:
Jakob wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I just did that with "fossil fuel" and "renewable energy"

Obviously you have greater proficiency in the Danish language than in English.

Have someone translate this for you into Danish: "You have not offered a formal, unambiguous definition of the global climate that does not violate physics, mathematics, logic and/or economics."

You are dead in the water until you provide that definition.

I already gave it to you son. There's tropical, temperate and polar. And with in any given region there is regional climate variance. Of course the 3 types of climate all parallel the van Allen radiation belts or the lack there of.
And this gets into KINETIC ENERGY which they say gravity has none. With the attached image, notice how the equator, 30º and 90º. When it comes to science I do not believe in coincidences. And from 30º N. to 30º S., there are 2 radiation belts, the inner and outer belts that seem to be aligned with the other. I think this would make the atmospheric sciences more interesting, don't you agree?
And that could be an example of Coulomb's law, opposing polarity's. In this instance the states of matter. The magnetosphere has highly ionized particles, very excited. Down here closer to the Earth's surface, there is a cold layer in the atmosphere.
This video shows that a charge can affect the mass from a distance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhWQ-r1LYXY
Attached image:

Edited on 20-01-2024 05:26
20-01-2024 08:36
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Jakob wrote:
­

Swan wrote:

If you look at the cold war, that never came to war, it was mostly about the balance of power, and one of the things that Reagan used to end it with was a threat about a star war program.

­

The 'Cold War' was a war. It was everything short of actions that could escalate to using nuclear weapons. Much of it handled on paper, to avoid nuclear war. There was very little chance anyone was going to actually use nuclear weapons. The radiation doesn't just affect the blast area, it travels, and lasts a long time. The land destroyed can eventually be cleaned up and reclaimed. Lot of work and expense. But, just having nuclear weapons meant the owners could get away with a lot of crap, without sending in troops.
21-01-2024 00:29
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Jakob wrote:
­

Swan wrote:

­

The 'Cold War' was a war. It was everything short of actions that could escalate to using nuclear weapons. Much of it handled on paper, to avoid nuclear war. There was very little chance anyone was going to actually use nuclear weapons. The radiation doesn't just affect the blast area, it travels, and lasts a long time. The land destroyed can eventually be cleaned up and reclaimed. Lot of work and expense. But, just having nuclear weapons meant the owners could get away with a lot of crap, without sending in troops.

Ukraine had nuclear weapons and got rid of them. Mutually assured destruction seemed to work as a deterrent to war. I can't think of 1 time that nuclear countries went to war.
22-01-2024 18:47
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Jakob wrote:
­

Swan wrote:

­

The only way to scare a real enemy is to have the weapons that will win the war. It is that simple

ULTRA MAGA

22-01-2024 18:49
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Jakob wrote:
­

Swan wrote:

­

Ukraine had nuclear weapons and got rid of them. Mutually assured destruction seemed to work as a deterrent to war. I can't think of 1 time that nuclear countries went to war.

Well at least you know that you can't think

ULTRA MAGA

24-02-2024 08:18
(21628)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Jakob wrote:
­
GasGuzzler wrote:

­

What "warm period"?
James_ wrote:

So?
James_ wrote:

What "cool period"?
James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

Is the Chapman cycle a unicycle, bicycle or a tricycle?

Crude oil is not animal tissue nor comes from animal tissue.

The Parrot Killer

24-02-2024 23:58
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:

That's because fossil fuels are animal tissue.
25-02-2024 03:56
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
itn and ibd,
It's interesting that both of you complain about a definition of climate and fossil fuels. If you don't have your own definitions that are acceptable to you, then your criticisms lack validity. If you do have definitions that are acceptable, then present them here and now.
This challenge is kind of like when you say i make false claims but you can never cite the day and time of those "false claims".
25-02-2024 05:56
(14450)
keepit wrote: itn and ibd, It's interesting that both of you complain about a definition of climate and fossil fuels.

It's interesting that you would characterize a question as "complaining." You've made too many false statements, keepit. You don't have any credibility.

keepit wrote: If you don't have your own definitions that are acceptable to you, then your criticisms lack validity.

You're full of baloney, keepit.
Logic 101: Since Into the Night and I use the correct terminology (i.e. hydrocarbons and carbon) our questions are completely justified.

keepit wrote: If you do have definitions that are acceptable, then present them here and now.

OK: hydrocarbons and carbon

keepit wrote: This challenge is kind of like when you say i make false claims but you can never cite the day and time of those "false claims".

You've made too many false claims, keepit. You have no credibility.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-02-2024 05:57
(14450)
James_ wrote:That's because fossil fuels are animal tissue.

Animal tissue is not burned as fuel.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-02-2024 09:22
(21628)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:

That's because fossil fuels are animal tissue.

Fuels are not made of animal tissue or fossils. Fossils aren't animal tissue either.

The Parrot Killer

25-02-2024 09:27
(21628)
keepit wrote:
itn and ibd,
It's interesting that both of you complain about a definition of climate and fossil fuels.

You are describing yourself again. You cannot blame YOUR problems on anybody else.
keepit wrote:
If you don't have your own definitions that are acceptable to you,

There is no definition for 'fossil fuels'. It is a meaningless buzzword. Fossils are not used as fuel. Fossils don't burn.

Climate is a subjective description of prevailing conditions. It has no values that can 'change'.
keepit wrote:
then your criticisms lack validity.

Attempted force of negative proof fallacy. Argument of the Stone fallacy.
keepit wrote:
If you do have definitions that are acceptable, then present them here and now.

RQAA.
keepit wrote:
This challenge is kind of like when you say i make false claims but you can never cite the day and time of those "false claims".

Attempting to deny your own posts won't work, keepit. ANYONE can go look them up.

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 3<123>

Join the debate How can climate policy prevent wars.?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The best policy.?212-01-2024 19:43
Challenge to Biden 'Cost of Carbon' policy dismissed106-04-2023 02:08
The Fastest Way To End The Virus Pandemic Is Using The North Korea Strategy, Policy & Environment010-08-2021 03:22
You Must Know All Society Level Structure If Want To Have The Correct Policy007-07-2021 15:05
CO2 monitors can help prevent the spread of COVID-19, experts say1524-02-2021 18:04
Articles
Appendix A - Tracing China's Climate Policy
Analysis - Explaining China's Climate Policy
The Dependent Variable - How Ambitious Is China's Climate Policy
John McCain: Remarks on Climate Change Policy
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact