17-10-2023 18:06
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Shuts off, so other patients can get their physiotherapy too... Not to mention normal people work their entire body, not just target areas. Can't imagine staring at a wall for 3 hours. My brain needs stimulation. Guess your zombie-drugs are working for you...

Who stares at a wall, I listen to music and browse the internet.

I pity sad sacks of shit like you who literally find reasons to justify not exercising.

Dopey

I get plenty of exercise, 40 hours a week. It's called work... Ever try it? You wouldn't last an hour doing my job. But, then again it would take longer than that to teach you how.

That was merely another excuse not to exercise, and support your local MD, who will prescribe you all sorts of goodies that will deteriorate your health further and make you dependent. Have faith, your work is narrowing your arteries as you read this.

PS. Sure I worked, my first day on the job I jackhammered for 8 hours before going to the gym for another 2 hours. Now stack the files and watch the trees closely Comey

So you will not address your lie about being simultaneously retired and running a jackhammer 40 hrs. a week? Will you now pivot back to the mustard gas in Old Faithful?

Actually, I predict you will pivot to your quantum driven moraine sensing
jackhammer powered by cherry tomatoes. LOL yawn.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
17-10-2023 20:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
GasGuzzler wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Shuts off, so other patients can get their physiotherapy too... Not to mention normal people work their entire body, not just target areas. Can't imagine staring at a wall for 3 hours. My brain needs stimulation. Guess your zombie-drugs are working for you...

I pity sad sacks of shit like you who literally find reasons to justify not exercising.

Dopey

I get plenty of exercise, 40 hours a week. It's called work... Ever try it? You wouldn't last an hour doing my job. But, then again it would take longer than that to teach you how.

I believe it was you who was mocking people who work for a living. Too funny!

Wasn't me. I've been working most of my life, still am. Never been afraid of getting sweaty, or my hands dirty. Might mock someone who works out in a gym... Just plenty of productive ways to get similar exercise, for the same time spent.
17-10-2023 21:22
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
HarveyH55 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Dopey

Wasn't me. I've been working most of my life, still am. Never been afraid of getting sweaty, or my hands dirty. Might mock someone who works out in a gym... Just plenty of productive ways to get similar exercise, for the same time spent.

My apologies Harvey. I misread the multiquotes and thought it was Swan who said it. I misspoke and I admit it and I own it.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
18-10-2023 13:12
(5197)
GasGuzzler wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Dopey

My apologies Harvey. I misread the multiquotes and thought it was Swan who said it. I misspoke and I admit it and I own it.

Yeah, it gets confusing. Posts get really long, carrying all the past quotes with them. Easy to lose track, scrolling down half a page, just to get to the most recent comment.
22-10-2023 01:58
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Bla bla bla

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 22-10-2023 02:00
22-10-2023 03:41
James_
★★★★★
(2240)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Lot's of people have that perpetual motion machine dream. Seems amazing that they all fail, yet people keep trying. Converting one for of energy to another is never one-to-one in practice. It's not an ideal, perfect world. There is gravity, friction, heat, imperfections in materials, fabrication, construction. Where would the extra energy come from, to overcome the loses? Not to mention the need to exceed the energy going in, to make the machine somehow useful (do work).

Just an FYI, the Earth's mass is 5.97219 × 10^24 kilograms and if Bessler's Wheel weighs 20kg, then the wheel at most can consume 1/2.986095 x 10^23 of the Earth's energy. And when the Earth's energy is greater than that, the Earth will gain mass at a slightly infinitesimally small amount.
Place 24 zeroes between the 2 and the decimal. Then the energy going in is
g = G5.97219 × 10^24/6,371 km^2. That's a lot of energy compared to an insignificant mass of 20kg. I'm not sure if you know this or not but I happen to find math and science interesting.
22-10-2023 13:01
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Lot's of people have that perpetual motion machine dream. Seems amazing that they all fail, yet people keep trying. Converting one for of energy to another is never one-to-one in practice. It's not an ideal, perfect world. There is gravity, friction, heat, imperfections in materials, fabrication, construction. Where would the extra energy come from, to overcome the loses? Not to mention the need to exceed the energy going in, to make the machine somehow useful (do work).

Just an FYI, the Earth's mass is 5.97219 × 10^24 kilograms and if Bessler's Wheel weighs 20kg, then the wheel at most can consume 1/2.986095 x 10^23 of the Earth's energy. And when the Earth's energy is greater than that, the Earth will gain mass at a slightly infinitesimally small amount.
g = G5.97219 × 10^24/6,371 km^2. That's a lot of energy compared to an insignificant mass of 20kg. I'm not sure if you know this or not but I happen to find math and science interesting.

Now imagine if you could have stayed in school past the third grade

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

22-10-2023 19:47
(5197)
James_ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Then you should be familiar with some things work better on paper, than in practice. What works in a lab, doesn't mean it's going to work outside a controlled environment.

Unfinished wood absorbs moisture, or dries, depends on humidity, type of wood. Water weight, swelling will have some affect on function. I'm sure there are ways to compensate, or negate, and Bessler knew all the tricks, and exploits. It is interesting that no one has been able to replicate the magic show in all these years. We have better materials, higher precision tools, and fabrication techniques, that weren't even imagined possible in Bessler's day. Whatever he did then, could be done much better now. Perpetual motion is always going to be a dream. Pursuing dreams is one of the things the sets humans apart from animals. Unfortunately, modern dreams are often drug-induced theses days, and the dreamers are more interested in the drugs, than the dreams. And have no clue about how to achieve any of those drug induced dreams, or even if they are possible. The drug-dream is close enough to reality, they don't need to be concerned about it. Only concern, is getting more drugs. A google search is almost as good as an education...

Even nearly perpetual motion would be a good thing to achieve, considerably less energy used, to perform the same work. There will always be some appeal. It's also been very profitable for many. Which also attracts a lot of fraud.
23-10-2023 03:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Then you should be familiar with some things work better on paper, than in practice. What works in a lab, doesn't mean it's going to work outside a controlled environment.

Unfinished wood absorbs moisture, or dries, depends on humidity, type of wood. Water weight, swelling will have some affect on function. I'm sure there are ways to compensate, or negate, and Bessler knew all the tricks, and exploits. It is interesting that no one has been able to replicate the magic show in all these years. We have better materials, higher precision tools, and fabrication techniques, that weren't even imagined possible in Bessler's day. Whatever he did then, could be done much better now. Perpetual motion is always going to be a dream. Pursuing dreams is one of the things the sets humans apart from animals. Unfortunately, modern dreams are often drug-induced theses days, and the dreamers are more interested in the drugs, than the dreams. And have no clue about how to achieve any of those drug induced dreams, or even if they are possible. The drug-dream is close enough to reality, they don't need to be concerned about it. Only concern, is getting more drugs. A google search is almost as good as an education...

Even nearly perpetual motion would be a good thing to achieve, considerably less energy used, to perform the same work. There will always be some appeal. It's also been very profitable for many. Which also attracts a lot of fraud.

Again if you want to build a practical perpetual motion machine you need to start with a stable isotope of Moscovium (element 115). However they will never let this be achieved as this will destroy all other forms of energy

ULTRA MAGA

23-10-2023 23:34
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Again if you want to build a practical perpetual motion machine you need to start with a stable isotope of Moscovium (element 115). However they will never let this be achieved as this will destroy all other forms of energy

Seems that the natives are not allowed to discuss a real perpetual motion Moscovium based machine, that may or may not already be quite real

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 24-10-2023 00:00
24-10-2023 00:44
James_
★★★★★
(2240)
Swan wrote:

Seems that the natives are not allowed to discuss a real perpetual motion Moscovium based machine, that may or may not already be quite real

I have every reason to believe my build will work. It starts with
f(x) = (2/3) Δy/Δx = n and +mv - n = +(L = Iw) + -(L = Iw). v = 1/2d/t which is what the linear velocity would be for a weight dropping distance d.
That basically describes how to convert torque into meaningful work.
24-10-2023 02:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

f(x) = (2/3) Δy/Δx = n and +mv - n = +(L = Iw) + -(L = Iw). v = 1/2d/t which is what the linear velocity would be for a weight dropping distance d.

How are you bypassing the first and second laws of thermodynamics?

ULTRA MAGA

24-10-2023 03:28
James_
★★★★★
(2240)
Swan wrote:

The first law of thermodynamics states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only altered in form.

Newton's First Law of Motion (Inertia) An object at rest remains at rest, and an object in motion remains in motion at constant speed and in a straight line unless acted on by an unbalanced force.

Linear momentum can be conserved because conservation of angular momentum allows for it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmnkQ2ytlO8
24-10-2023 03:40
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

The first law of thermodynamics states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only altered in form.

Newton's First Law of Motion (Inertia) An object at rest remains at rest, and an object in motion remains in motion at constant speed and in a straight line unless acted on by an unbalanced force.

Linear momentum can be conserved because conservation of angular momentum allows for it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmnkQ2ytlO8

LOL, let me put it another way, what mechanism are you using to prevent entropy from increasing. Note, describing entropy or the first law of thermodynamics is not a device that will alter either in a closed system.

ULTRA MAGA

24-10-2023 08:00
(5197)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

And in this case, the meaningful work, would be raising a weight, to be dropped. The 'classic' perpetual gravity wheel... But, even if perfectly balanced, and equal, you would need a little 'extra', otherwise you could only achieve equilibrium. When two surfaces rub against each other, there is some friction, and energy dissipated as heat. Zero friction only occurs, if surfaces never touch. Construction, and materials are never zero-tolerance. Each weight, is going to fall within an 'acceptable' range, based on precision of the method of measuring them. The distance the weights travel, will vary slightly as well. It's a lot easier to balance an equation on paper, than a gravity wheel in motion... But, even perfectly balanced, isn't enough, since the energy you used to stat the wheel spinning, will slowly dissipate through friction, and heat. Unless the wheel can harvest and convert energy from some other source, it will stop spinning. Then comes the need for the machine to perform useful work. Which of course requires energy, beyond what's needed to keep the wheel spinning.
24-10-2023 13:07
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

And in this case, the meaningful work, would be raising a weight, to be dropped. The 'classic' perpetual gravity wheel... But, even if perfectly balanced, and equal, you would need a little 'extra', otherwise you could only achieve equilibrium. When two surfaces rub against each other, there is some friction, and energy dissipated as heat. Zero friction only occurs, if surfaces never touch. Construction, and materials are never zero-tolerance. Each weight, is going to fall within an 'acceptable' range, based on precision of the method of measuring them. The distance the weights travel, will vary slightly as well. It's a lot easier to balance an equation on paper, than a gravity wheel in motion... But, even perfectly balanced, isn't enough, since the energy you used to stat the wheel spinning, will slowly dissipate through friction, and heat. Unless the wheel can harvest and convert energy from some other source, it will stop spinning. Then comes the need for the machine to perform useful work. Which of course requires energy, beyond what's needed to keep the wheel spinning.

That many words are not needed to describe delusions of grandeur.

Types of Delusions of Grandeur
Every type of delusion of grandeur all involves false or inflated beliefs about oneself, but can present in different ways. Some can be more difficult to detect than others. Paranoid delusions about being persecuted or harmed and self-important delusions of being special, important or having unique abilities are among the most common.1,2

Here are some examples of different types of grandiose delusions people can have

Special powers or abilities: People may believe they have magic or psychic abilities, olympic-level athletic skills, or that they're incredibly intelligent
Religious delusions: People with a mix of grandiose and religious delusions may believe they are "chosen" by god, can communicate with god, or even that they are a reincarnation of god
Superiority to others: Grandiose delusions often involve feeling superior in some way to other people, including being intellectually superior, morally superior, or being better at a specific skill than other people
Invincibility: Grandiosity can sometimes cause people to believe they are invincible and cannot be harmed, injured, or killed, which may lead them to act in reckless ways
Social status: Some people with grandiose delusions may believe they belong to a higher social status, are a celebrity, or may be preoccupied with fantasies of wealth, power or fame
Special purpose or mission: Many people with delusions of grandeur believe they have a special purpose, "calling" or life mission that they need to complete, and may become obsessed with this idea
Symptoms of Delusional Thinking
Approximately 10% of the general population has delusions, but the majority of people who report delusional thinking suffer from a mental health, neurological, or substance use disorder.1,3,6 These conditions often directly contribute to delusional thoughts, and may involve other changes in a person's mood, behavior, and ability to function.8,9

Some of the symptoms of delusional thinking are:1,6,8,9

Strongly held beliefs that are false, unlikely, or irrational
Unwillingness to consider evidence the belief is untrue
Anger, defensiveness or hypersensitivity when the belief is challenged
The belief is central and takes up a lot of time, energy, and attention
The belief causes negative effects on a person's mood or behavior
The person behaves as if the belief is true, even acting in bizarre or impulsive ways
There is a strong personal or emotional attachment to the belief
Information is only selectively processed to confirm the belief
It's important to note that not all irrational, strongly held beliefs are delusional, even when they seem strange to others. A person's culture, religion, and lived experiences can all influence their beliefs and the way they process and perceive information.

ULTRA MAGA

24-10-2023 14:58
James_
★★★★★
(2240)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

The mistake that scientists made is with the 1st law of thermodynamics;
The First Law of Thermodynamics states that energy can be converted from one form to another with the interaction of heat, work.

Newton's 1st law of motion states;
An object at rest remains at rest, and an object in motion remains in motion at constant speed and in a straight line unless acted on by an unbalanced force.

With Bessler's Wheel, the disc is an unbalanced or external force. It conserves linear momentum and conservation of angular momentum, a different force. This is why the math. It quantifies how much work is required to lift weights. This value can be subtracted from the net torque. This allows for a positive (in a working design) net force which would be realized as the moment of inertia for the wheel.
I'm using tapered roller bearings which have some play in them. This allows for a rolling friction which has much less resistance than a regular roller bearing which would have its bearings rubbing against each other.
And if the design I'm building works it will be because only a percentage of the net torque (overbalance) is being used to lift weights. This is where leverage at a 4 to 1 ratio should allow for 75% of the overbalance to rotate the wheel.
24-10-2023 17:59
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

The mistake that scientists made is with the 1st law of thermodynamics;
The First Law of Thermodynamics states that energy can be converted from one form to another with the interaction of heat, work.

Newton's 1st law of motion states;
An object at rest remains at rest, and an object in motion remains in motion at constant speed and in a straight line unless acted on by an unbalanced force.

With Bessler's Wheel, the disc is an unbalanced or external force. It conserves linear momentum and conservation of angular momentum, a different force. This is why the math. It quantifies how much work is required to lift weights. This value can be subtracted from the net torque. This allows for a positive (in a working design) net force which would be realized as the moment of inertia for the wheel.
I'm using tapered roller bearings which have some play in them. This allows for a rolling friction which has much less resistance than a regular roller bearing which would have its bearings rubbing against each other.
And if the design I'm building works it will be because only a percentage of the net torque (overbalance) is being used to lift weights. This is where leverage at a 4 to 1 ratio should allow for 75% of the overbalance to rotate the wheel.

So rewrite the first law of thermodynamics to suit your delusions, this is not illegal you know. Sure people will laugh at you doing such as a result of your psych degree, but what do they know anyway. After all you solved all the mysteries of the universe, not them.

ROTMFFLMMFAO

ULTRA MAGA

24-10-2023 21:54
James_
★★★★★
(2240)
Swan, nothing delusional about it. Conservation of angular momentum is not the same force as linear momentum. Energy is being converted from linear into angular and then becomes a different linear momentum.
When gravity accelerates a weight, that is one kind of linear momentum. Then when weights change their distance from the axis of rotation that is conservation of angular momentum.
The weight being rotated upwards is not the same linear momentum as the weight that is dropping because they are different distances from the axis of rotation.
24-10-2023 22:14
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan, nothing delusional about it. Conservation of angular momentum is not the same force as linear momentum. Energy is being converted from linear into angular and then becomes a different linear momentum.
When gravity accelerates a weight, that is one kind of linear momentum. Then when weights change their distance from the axis of rotation that is conservation of angular momentum.
The weight being rotated upwards is not the same linear momentum as the weight that is dropping because they are different distances from the axis of rotation.

You are sure doing a fine job of confusing yourself. We eagerly await your rewrite of the first law of thermodynamics. Can I be the first to request a signed copy, for the hospital bulletin board?

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 24-10-2023 22:33
25-10-2023 00:23
James_
★★★★★
(2240)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:

You are sure doing a fine job of confusing yourself. We eagerly await your rewrite of the first law of thermodynamics. Can I be the first to request a signed copy, for the hospital bulletin board?

Have you ever considered learning something about science?
25-10-2023 04:48
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:

Well I designed an external SCSI hot swap hard drive once that worked amazingly well, but it went much the same way as the dude who built an engine that ran on water. Long story

ULTRA MAGA

25-10-2023 10:33
James_
★★★★★
(2240)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:

Well I designed an external SCSI hot swap hard drive once that worked amazingly well, but it went much the same way as the dude who built an engine that ran on water. Long story

What? Your investors wanted their money back? With using water, my experiment might have engineers considering if they could do something similar. Basically could they mimic a natural process?
25-10-2023 13:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:

What? Your investors wanted their money back? With using water, my experiment might have engineers considering if they could do something similar. Basically could they mimic a natural process?

So your plan is to create a perpetual motion machine and put the plans here without a patent, so that others can steal your work and you will lose billions overnight

Great plan

Alternatively you can take your Chlorpromazine as prescribed on time

Is a perpetual motion machine ever possible?
A genuine perpetual motion machine – one that will run indefinitely without an external source of energy to power it – is not possible as it violates the laws of thermodynamics.

ULTRA MAGA

RE: Also Costa Did It25-10-2023 20:37
James_
★★★★★
(2240)
Swan, Aldo Costa's wheel works. With Bessler's Wheel, it's not patentable.

p.s., The Earth's gravity is an external source of energy.
To go with what Newton said, the relationship between a weight on the wheel and the Earth is g = Gm1m2/r^2.
Then you say gravity acts equally on a weight dropping and a weight being lifted when it doesn't. And yet you'll say it does.
Edited on 25-10-2023 20:42
25-10-2023 22:51
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan, Aldo Costa's wheel works. With Bessler's Wheel, it's not patentable.

p.s., The Earth's gravity is an external source of energy.
To go with what Newton said, the relationship between a weight on the wheel and the Earth is g = Gm1m2/r^2.
Then you say gravity acts equally on a weight dropping and a weight being lifted when it doesn't. And yet you'll say it does.

There is no perpetual motion machine that works. Gravity acts both as an accelerator and a drag simultaneously and as such it is not a source of energy.

Which brings you to a quandary, either you are smarter than Newton, or you are dumber than a Bart Simpson pez dispenser?

So how is your psych experiment coming along?

ULTRA MAGA

26-10-2023 02:08
James_
★★★★★
(2240)
Swan wrote:

There is no perpetual motion machine that works. Gravity acts both as an accelerator and a drag simultaneously and as such it is not a source of energy.

Which brings you to a quandary, either you are smarter than Newton, or you are dumber than a Bart Simpson pez dispenser?

I did ask if you've taken some time to learn science. I find it helps. Kind of going back to 3rd grade here but maybe you'll understand this. If you have 2 weights that gravity is acting equally on and one is 50cm/20 inches from the fulcrum and the other weight is 25cm/10 inches from the fulcrum, what will happen? And remember that gravity is acting on both weights equally.
Attached image:

Edited on 26-10-2023 02:13
26-10-2023 03:19
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

I did ask if you've taken some time to learn science. I find it helps. Kind of going back to 3rd grade here but maybe you'll understand this. If you have 2 weights that gravity is acting equally on and one is 50cm/20 inches from the fulcrum and the other weight is 25cm/10 inches from the fulcrum, what will happen? And remember that gravity is acting on both weights equally.

LOL are you claiming that your distraction is a perpetual motion machine?

Yawn

ULTRA MAGA

26-10-2023 04:34
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
[quote]Swan wrote:

LOL are you claiming that your distraction is a perpetual motion machine?

Yawn

PS Cm is a length not a weight, balancing depends upon weight not the size of the objects as different size weights could weigh the same if made of different materials or density of the same material. Learned this in fifth grade at the Franklin institute I believe.

You need to give up your disinformation gag, though it is pretty frikin funny at this juncture

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 26-10-2023 04:36
26-10-2023 04:42
James_
★★★★★
(2240)
Swan wrote:

You need to give up your disinformation gag, though it is pretty frikin funny at this juncture

This is funny. In reality, gravity acts on all weights equally. And yet leverage disagrees. Kind of why engineering isn't physics.
26-10-2023 07:01
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

This is funny. In reality, gravity acts on all weights equally. And yet leverage disagrees. Kind of why engineering isn't physics.

Leverage cannot disagree, unless a schizzo like you personifies the term.

ULTRA MAGA

26-10-2023 18:09
James_
★★★★★
(2240)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

I'll explain the difference between science and engineering. Science is the natural order of things and understanding what laws, rules or principles govern how they are considered. Engineering is when a person applies those laws, rules or principles to do other work.
Nuclear bombs are the result of engineering using the laws of science to change the use (motion of a body) of energy in motion (heat, a flow of energy) to serve another purpose allowing for meaningful work to be performed (cause and effect).
26-10-2023 18:41
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

I'll explain the difference between science and engineering. Science is the natural order of things and understanding what laws, rules or principles govern how they are considered. Engineering is when a person applies those laws, rules or principles to do other work.
Nuclear bombs are the result of engineering using the laws of science to change the use (motion of a body) of energy in motion (heat, a flow of energy) to serve another purpose allowing for meaningful work to be performed (cause and effect).

Your engineering skills resulted in this

ULTRA MAGA

27-10-2023 20:47
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21649)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Leverage doesn't vote.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-10-2023 23:53
James_
★★★★★
(2240)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Leverage doesn't vote.

That's actually the definition of a paradox. This is because gravity's acceleration is 9.8m/s which has the same effect on each weight.
Yet if the 2 weights are different distances from the fulcrum then it's x/x + y = n then n * 9.806m/s. An example are distances of 10 (y) and 15 (x).
Then 15/25 = 0.6 then 0.6 * 9.806m/s = 5.9m/s. Then if divided by 2 is then the average acceleration rate of gravity. As you can see, leverage causes gravity to act differently on both weights, why it's a paradox.
29-10-2023 12:30
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Leverage doesn't vote.

That's actually the definition of a paradox. This is because gravity's acceleration is 9.8m/s which has the same effect on each weight.
Yet if the 2 weights are different distances from the fulcrum then it's x/x + y = n then n * 9.806m/s. An example are distances of 10 (y) and 15 (x).
Then 15/25 = 0.6 then 0.6 * 9.806m/s = 5.9m/s. Then if divided by 2 is then the average acceleration rate of gravity. As you can see, leverage causes gravity to act differently on both weights, why it's a paradox.

Gravity does not accelerate things that are not already in motion, and gravity does not put things in motion, in fact it slows them down and stops them

ULTRA MAGA

29-10-2023 17:53
(5197)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Leverage doesn't vote.

Gravity does not accelerate things that are not already in motion, and gravity does not put things in motion, in fact it slows them down and stops them

So, if you went off your meds, and jump off a tall building... You don't think you'll shatter and splatter? Strange delusions you live with... Do jumpers bounce, or just flatten?
29-10-2023 17:54
(5197)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Leverage doesn't vote.

So, if you went off your meds, and jump off a tall building... You don't think you'll shatter and splatter? Strange delusions you live with... Do jumpers bounce, or just flatten?
29-10-2023 20:36
(21649)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Leverage doesn't vote.

Gravity is the same on both weights (and the levers attached to them.
You cannot 'average' gravity that way.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
29-10-2023 20:37
(21649)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Leverage doesn't vote.

Go jump off a building and find out.

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 3<123>

Join the debate fusion:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Is Fusion Really Possible?812-09-2021 06:37
The Next Evolution Of Fuel Energy, Raw Materials Is Natural Fusion615-09-2020 02:56
The Future Of Energy Industry Is Magic Fusion Clean Coal, Not Renewables814-09-2020 23:54
Why don't they built hundreds of thousands of fusion thrusters like Wandering Earth to stop Earth'422-02-2019 21:26
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact