Remember me
▼ Content

East Antarctic Ice Shelf Weaknesses

Page 4 of 4<<<234
12-07-2017 14:34
litesong
★★★★☆
(1159)
There are comparisons trying to show the size of the new Larsen C iceberg.... Delaware sized or enough water to fill 460 million Olympic swimming pools. Here's my estimate:
Larsen C iceberg (A68?) is the equivalent of an ice cube 6.5 miles long, 6.5 miles wide.... & almost 35,000 feet high!!!! The energy needed to melt such an ice cube would be 3.5 times the annual energy consumption of the U.S. Now, that it is free from the Antarctic landmass & if it moves away (it could also hang around the continent, too), the Larsen C iceberg will be able to melt, no longer constrained by cold Antarctica. One even larger Antarctic iceberg DID hang around the Antarctic coast & took 6 or 7 years to melt, even tho it broke up into smaller bergs over the years.
14-07-2017 16:50
litesong
★★★★☆
(1159)
litesong wrote: There are comparisons trying to show the size of the new Larsen C iceberg.... Delaware sized or enough water to fill 460 million Olympic swimming pools. Here's my estimate:
Larsen C iceberg (A68?) is the equivalent of an ice cube 6.5 miles long, 6.5 miles wide.... & almost 35,000 feet high!!!! The energy needed to melt such an ice cube would be 3.5 times the annual energy consumption of the U.S.

It is good that AGW denier liar whiners don't mention that a million times a million+ ton Antarctic ice chuck is no longer part of Antarctica....like many other near state sized Antarctic icebergs in the past 20 years.
Yeah, it is good AGW denier liar whiners continue to lie.... this time with their silence.
14-07-2017 16:57
Wake
★★★★☆
(1437)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote: There are comparisons trying to show the size of the new Larsen C iceberg.... Delaware sized or enough water to fill 460 million Olympic swimming pools. Here's my estimate:
Larsen C iceberg (A68?) is the equivalent of an ice cube 6.5 miles long, 6.5 miles wide.... & almost 35,000 feet high!!!! The energy needed to melt such an ice cube would be 3.5 times the annual energy consumption of the U.S.

It is good that AGW denier liar whiners don't mention that a million times a million+ ton Antarctic ice chuck is no longer part of Antarctica....like many other near state sized Antarctic icebergs in the past 20 years.
Yeah, it is good AGW denier liar whiners continue to lie.... this time with their silence.

So as far as I can make out you think of yourself as a "AGW denier liar whiners continue to lie." Since all you can do is talk to yourself with absolute rubbish. There are NO records of Arctic ice extent so your comments are absolutely meaningless.
14-07-2017 17:17
litesong
★★★★☆
(1159)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs: all you.... do is talk......with absolute rubbish. There are NO records of Arctic ice extent....

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" admits that it is absolute rubbish..... specially about scientific data.
14-07-2017 18:49
Wake
★★★★☆
(1437)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs: all you.... do is talk......with absolute rubbish. There are NO records of Arctic ice extent....

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" admits that it is absolute rubbish..... specially about scientific data.

Again having a conversation with yourself that shows that you are sick in body and mind.
14-07-2017 21:07
litesong
★★★★☆
(1159)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs:.... sick in body and mind.

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" has deeply psychotic projection, application & transference issues. It can't properly transfer mathematical applications to AGW projects. Being a luney tune explains the psychosis.
14-07-2017 22:45
Wake
★★★★☆
(1437)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs:.... sick in body and mind.

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" has deeply psychotic projection, application & transference issues. It can't properly transfer mathematical applications to AGW projects. Being a luney tune explains the psychosis.

And again all you can do it talk to yourself with your psychotic ideas that what happens today is completely different than what ever happened before. Sick people like you should get help.
18-07-2017 07:55
litesong
★★★★☆
(1159)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy sllimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs:.... what happens today is completely different than what ever happened before.

& so it is:
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/07/antarctica-sea-level-rise-climate-change/
From the article:
Great fjords are below the Antarctic Ice Sheets & Shelves that flow into the Antarctic waters. Initially dug out by ancient Ice Sheet glaciers, bigger even than the present ones, these fjords are deep next to Antarctic shorelines & get shallower as the Ice Sheet glaciers proceeded into the Oceans, melting & getting smaller.

This process also occurred in the great fjords of Norway & to a lesser extent the straits & fjords of western mainland Canada, east of the inside passage between the mainland & Vancouver Island. Most recently, similar great fjords along the shorelines of Greenland have been discovered underneath the Ice Sheets & Shelves, worked with the same type monstrous glaciers of the past sliding off Greenland.

After the great Antarctic Ice Sheets reduced, more millenia past, with grounding islands & sub-surface rock structures bearing up & supporting Ice Shelves acted as brakes to continued but reduced scale glacier flows that also advanced into the seas & Oceans around Antarctica.
In the present era, along with warming air & lands, vast warming currents initially impinged on those Antarctic islands & sub-surface grounding structures. Great inverted ice canyons have been melted out on the underside of Antarctic Ice Shelves. So much weight has been lost, that regions of the Antarctic Ice Shelves are now floating, & no longer grounded. Now, more warming is occurring beyond the grounding islands & sub-surface rock, because the fjords ARE DEEPER AS THEY PROCEED FURTHER INLAND. Intruding warm waters now eat & melt Ice Shelves, not only around the grounding structures, but deep into the ice covered, but ever deep fjords.
Melting, unseen by surface observers, is being recorded & verified by underwater robotic craft that explore the underbellies(ever thinning underbellies) of Antarctic Ice Shelves.
As these Ice Shelves decrease in strength & weight, Antarctic Ice Sheet flow will increase in mass & speed, to enter the seas & oceans.
18-07-2017 14:34
litesong
★★★★☆
(1159)
litesong wrote: As these Ice Shelves decrease in strength & weight, Antarctic Ice Sheet flow will increase in mass & speed, to enter the seas & oceans.

Correction:
As these Ice Shelves decrease in strength & weight, Antarctic Ice Sheet flow will increase in massflow & speed, to enter the seas & oceans.
20-07-2017 02:16
litesong
★★★★☆
(1159)
Larsen C iceberg AND ICE SHELF is changing.
http://www.climatecentral.org/news/larsen-c-ice-shelf-iceberg-changing-21628
From the article:
The iceberg has traveled about 1.5 miles from the ice shelf it was formerly attached to.... the massive iceberg is splintering and a constellation of smaller icebergs are surrounding it.... The floating ice shelf is the smallest it has been in recorded history.... there are a number of potential follow-up icebergs clinging to the remaining ice shelf....."A new rift appears to be extending northwards and may result in further ice shelf area loss... there may be a risk that it will continue on to Bawden ice rise, a crucial point of stabilization for Larsen C Ice Shelf."
21-07-2017 18:45
litesong
★★★★☆
(1159)
Larsen C iceberg AND ICE SHELF continue to change in this article:
http://gizmodo.com/antarctica-s-massive-iceberg-is-starting-to-disintegrat-1797128227
From the article, after detailing latest changes to Larsen C iceberg, also shows continuing changes to the Larsen C Ice Shelf, itself:
Meanwhile on the Antarctic Peninsula, the remaining ice shelf, Larsen C, is also showing signs of strain. Researchers with the Project MIDAS, who have been monitoring the iceberg closely over the past several months, were concerned that the gargantuan calving event might accelerate breakup elsewhere along the ice sheet, and this now appears to be the case.....
New observations show the persistence of rifts (the dark curving lines in the image above), splotches that represent the birthplace of future icebergs. What's more, a new rift has started to extend northwards, which could result in another, albeit smaller, calving event. Project MIDAS suspects that new rift will soon turn towards the shelf edge, and that it'll continue towards the Bawden Ice Rise—a crucial stabilization juncture for the Larsen C ice shelf.....
"To me, it's an unequivocal signature of the impact of climate change on Larsen C," said Eric Rignot, a scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. "This is not a natural cycle. This is the response of the system to a warmer climate from the top and from the bottom. Nothing else can cause this."
21-07-2017 19:11
GasGuzzler
★★★☆☆
(514)
"To me, it's an unequivocal signature of the impact of climate change on Larsen C," said Eric Rignot, a scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. "This is not a natural cycle. This is the response of the system to a warmer climate from the top and from the bottom. Nothing else can cause this."

I always wanted to be a jet engine mechanic so I would be able to do professional
environmental and iceberg analysis in the name of NASA.

Fartsong wrote: Stuff your shit, you AGW denier liar whiner!
21-07-2017 19:56
Into the Night
★★★★★
(2898)
GasGuzzler wrote:

I always wanted to be a jet engine mechanic so I would be able to do professional
environmental and iceberg analysis in the name of NASA.

https://www.faa.gov/mechanics/become/basic/

I'd love to see your results!

The Parrot Killer
Edited on 21-07-2017 19:56
22-07-2017 02:54
litesong
★★★★☆
(1159)
More info on Larsen C iceberg and Larsen C Ice Shelf:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/14/world/sutter-iceberg-antarctica-climate-change/index.html
22-07-2017 18:19
litesong
★★★★☆
(1159)
With the Larsen C iceberg undocking from Antarctica, the Larsen C Ice Shelf showing disintegration problems, & further disappearance of Arctic sea ice, this article highlights the continued AND INCREASING maneuvers of countries to NOT ONLY claim Arctic rights, but efforts to deny other countries rights from international waters.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/opinion/ct-lns-cyr-climate-challenges-st-0721-20170720-story.html
It appears that the future Arctic will be exploited, exploded, & badly polluted with "wild-west international politics".
The only question are which countries have the greatest lusting audacity to start the first rapes & destructions to the Arctic, & lack any desire to brake & break away from the total desecration of the Arctic. Once the first wave of countries begin their Arctic pollutions, other countries will pile on.
25-07-2017 13:55
litesong
★★★★☆
(1159)
Robert Hunziker, not only highlights the recent Larsen C iceberg undocking from Antarctica, but "the Great Acceleration" of other incredibly sized icebergs, blowing gaskets in Antarctica for the last two+ decades, the 8000 flourishing supraglacial lakes in East Antartica, the continuing expansion 7000 of the permafrost pingos in Siberia(possibly 100,000 in the entire Arctic permafrost), declining global sea ice even in Antarctica & subsea permafrost, raising local atmospheric methane levels.
http://dissidentvoice.org/2017/07/extremely-nasty-climate-wake-up-calls/
Edited on 25-07-2017 13:57
Page 4 of 4<<<234

Join the debate East Antarctic Ice Shelf Weaknesses:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Change in sea volume due to sea ice melting1706-07-2017 23:44
Fast recovery of thick Arctic ice4026-06-2017 00:28
Ice Ages112-06-2017 21:35
Arctic ice still rapidly decreasing9308-06-2017 02:19
Arctic ice falls to record winter low after polar 'heatwaves'1004-04-2017 12:39
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Will Arctic summers be ice-free in this century?

Yes

No

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact