Remember me
▼ Content

Dentists and covid

Page 1 of 3123>
Dentists and covid30-11-2020 08:28
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
Less than 1 % of dentists have contracted covid. It seems to me that if masks and other precautionary measures were ineffective that many more dentists would have contracted covid.
30-11-2020 10:32
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Less than 1 % of dentists have contracted covid. It seems to me that if masks and other precautionary measures were ineffective that many more dentists would have contracted covid.

So, you think dentists do nothing else with their lives, besides the office? Could also be that they aren't practicing their craft as much during the pandemic. Might it also be that few are willing to admit being sick? Last week, only 3.3% of the entire US population had tested positive...
30-11-2020 10:47
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Interesting.I have been fortunate to live In W.A. and we closed the borders so have had little to no issues with this pandemic.The border opened to South Australia last week and immediately we had a bunch of cases and S.A. went back in to lock down.It is not a hoax as some claim and the Government has to be seen to do something.In 1993 a disturbed young man went troppo with semi auto rifles in Port Aurthur and killed a bunch of tourists.Our prime minister banned semi auto military style rifles and shotguns and some hunters are still on about it and boy do I cop some flak when I put forward that something had to be done.We are not America we have no second ammendment.I liked your president Obama and have seen him kick a door in frustration when after yet another school shooting the good ole boys were not banning any firearms.Hows that for going off topic
30-11-2020 14:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21699)
keepit wrote:

Masks do not stop a virus. Argument from randU fallacy. You are making up numbers again.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
30-11-2020 14:10
(21699)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

So, you think dentists do nothing else with their lives, besides the office? Could also be that they aren't practicing their craft as much during the pandemic. Might it also be that few are willing to admit being sick? Last week, only 3.3% of the entire US population had tested positive...

Correct. Most dentist offices are closed or are limiting services to emergency treatments only.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
30-11-2020 16:11
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14475)
keepit wrote: Less than 1 % of dentists have contracted covid.

... because the coronahoax "pandemic" hype is a total scam. There is no actual coronahoax threat which is why so few dentists contract COVID. It's why so few homes are raided by UFO aliens.

keepit wrote: It seems to me that if masks and other precautionary measures were ineffective that many more dentists would have contracted covid.

There has to be an actual threat for any particular "measure" to be "effective."

Otherwise, the streetlights in your neighborhood are extremely effective measures in keeping at bay the massive stampedes of African elephants.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
30-11-2020 17:53
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Less than 1 % of dentists have contracted covid.

This is just a made up number.

keepit wrote:
It seems to me that if masks and other precautionary measures were ineffective that many more dentists would have contracted covid.

Masks do not work as a "precautionary measure" against viruses. Many people who religiously wear them are still coming down with covid all the same as people who choose not to wear them.

You are being duped. This whole covid fear mongering scam is tyrannical, evil, misguided (or not, depending on whether you are viewing this through the lens of a globalist or through the lens of a realist), harmful, and (my favorite descriptor, given my Christian faith) even downright Satanic...
30-11-2020 18:00
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

Correct. Most dentist offices are closed or are limiting services to emergency treatments only.

Yup, that sounds about right. The dentist office that I go to is open, but they make you go through a long list of stupid human tricks in order to get in, including wearing a mask, taking your temperature, signing off on a sheet of several covid related questions, and having you rinse your mouth out with diluted hydrogen peroxide.
30-11-2020 18:22
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
The numbers aren't made up. They came from the American Dental Association.
Dentists, being in a hazardous environment, develop habits to be cautious. That means that even with their hazardous occupation, taking precautions has yielded a much lower rate of infection than the general population. It doesn't take sophisticated logic to figure that out.
Most dentist offices are not closed.
Edited on 30-11-2020 18:27
30-11-2020 18:25
(3314)
Just a quick update for all to see:

I actually FINALLY know some people who have gotten covid (besides my one cousin, who is a nurse, and her husband... which may or may not have actually been covid cases). Both of them only had mild symptoms, as far as I know, and recovered after a few days.

Two more of my cousins (this time from the other side of the family, and the side that I personally interact with much more often) have now gotten it. One is not much above 30yrs old (she's only like a year or two older than I am, and I will be turning 30 within a couple months) and the other is 22yrs old. The 22yr old has mild asthma and is prone to developing bronchitis (sometimes even pneumonia) when getting respiratory infections.

The 30ish year old only experienced a slight cough and a loss of taste, as far as I am aware, and was only sick for a few days. The 22 year old only experienced a loss of taste and smell, as far as I am aware, and only experienced that for a few days (if that). Neither of them ever had a fever, and only the one had a slight cough. Of course, I'm just taking the word that I've heard from others, but if true, the cases of people who I personally know have been VERY mild cases...

Edit: The 22yr old works at a daycare for one of her jobs, and got exposed there. Her now husband and his kid (they all live together) did not get it. The 30yr old I think does some sort of event planning stuff, but has been working from home for quite a while now. I think she got it from one of her kids?? I believe only her and that kid got it (her husband and the other kid didn't).
Edited on 30-11-2020 18:30
30-11-2020 18:44
(3314)
keepit wrote:

... and the ADA made up those numbers...

keepit wrote:
Dentists, being in a hazardous environment, develop habits to be cautious.

What are you considering to be a 'hazardous environment'?

Cautious of WHAT?

keepit wrote:
That means that even with their hazardous occupation,

What are you considering to be 'hazardous' about dentistry?

keepit wrote:
taking precautions has yielded a much lower rate of infection than the general population.

I'm assuming that you mean precautions against becoming infected with covid... Your assertion is based on the ADA's made up numbers; a randU fallacy... The precautions being taken are not stopping the virus from spreading and have only proven to be a hindrance of conducting business in an efficient and profitable manner.

keepit wrote:
It doesn't take sophisticated logic to figure that out.

Yet, logic always seems to elude you...

keepit wrote:

He said most were closed or limiting their services. That is largely true, at least in my area of Wisconsin...
30-11-2020 18:52
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
They also made the masks( or covering the mouth and nose with something) mandatory here as well. I do not wear the mask because I think it is bad for immune system specially during winter months. I know a guy who wore the mask every day and now he has a sore throat. The other guy (and the only one I know who has a coronavirus now) was also wearing a mask a lot. Apparently it did not help him to escape from the coronavirus.
Those masks are designed to stop dust if you cut something. Wood, concrete, iron etc but even if I wear it during the cutting I can smell some dust coming through. The dust is even visible to the eye but with coronavirus we are talking about the particles that are on average 0,125 microns in diameter. Only thing that helps is a person s immune system.
30-11-2020 18:56
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
Is randU a real thing or something in your mind?

You say that dentists in your locale are often closed. That might the problem - you aren't taking a large enough view of the world. Think farther out than wisconsin.

Try not to be paranoid about the ADA or AMA or CDC or WHO. They are here to help.
Edited on 30-11-2020 18:57
30-11-2020 19:16
(3314)
Xadoman wrote:
They also made the masks( or covering the mouth and nose with something) mandatory here as well. I do not wear the mask because I think it is bad for immune system specially during winter months. I know a guy who wore the mask every day and now he has a sore throat. The other guy (and the only one I know who has a coronavirus now) was also wearing a mask a lot. Apparently it did not help him to escape from the coronavirus.

Bingo. You are seeing, first hand, evidence that mask wearing does not protect people from viruses. You are seeing that the Cult of the Mask is exactly that; a cult... a farce... tyrannical... I'd even say Satanic.

Xadoman wrote:
Those masks are designed to stop dust if you cut something. Wood, concrete, iron etc but even if I wear it during the cutting I can smell some dust coming through. The dust is even visible to the eye but with coronavirus we are talking about the particles that are on average 0,125 microns in diameter. Only thing that helps is a person s immune system.

Bingo. Such masks are designed to stop the particles that you describe (wood, concrete, iron, even pollen and sand). Of course, such masks are not perfect... Even N95 masks are not perfect, hence the '95' in the name (~95% of particular particulate is kept out). Viruses, as you noted, are much smaller than the aforementioned particulates which such masks are designed for.

Indeed, the immune system is what stops viruses. Getting plenty of sunlight during the Summer months (when it is more intense and more readily available) also helps! Washing your hands every now and then (such as before meals) also helps. Supplements, especially during the Winter months, such as Vitamin C, D3, and Zinc are also helpful for boosting one's immune system. Reducing stress (such as choosing not to fear monger over what typically presents itself as a rather mild flu virus) is also helpful for one's immune system.
Edited on 30-11-2020 19:25
30-11-2020 19:43
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
There are different types of n95 masks. Some are industrial and some are medical. They have different sized holed designed to keep out what ever they want to keep out.
30-11-2020 19:43
(3314)
keepit wrote:

It is real. It is a specific type of random number in mathematics. A randU number can also be used as a basis of fallacious argumentation, as you just got done doing not too long ago (IOW, a randU fallacy).

keepit wrote:
You say that dentists in your locale are often closed.

Closed, or limiting their services. My particular dentist happens to be open, and not limiting their services much, but they also require one to jump through a bunch of hoops in order to be seen for cleanings & etc...

keepit wrote:
That might the problem - you aren't taking a large enough view of the world. Think farther out than wisconsin.

I'm not aware of what dentists across the world are doing. I am, however, aware of what dentists in my general area of Wisconsin are doing.

keepit wrote:
Try not to be paranoid about the ADA or AMA or CDC or WHO. They are here to help.

I am not paranoid about them. I simply find them to be making up numbers out of thin air and to be giving out piss poor advice to people...
30-11-2020 19:45
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
You aren't "finding them to be making up stuff". You simply have a paranoid belief based on what someone told you.
30-11-2020 21:07
(21699)
keepit wrote:
Random number. False authority fallacy. Quoting random numbers doesn't make them anything else but random numbers. Argument from randU fallacy.
keepit wrote:
Dentists, being in a hazardous environment, develop habits to be cautious.
Never on people that like to bite your hand.
keepit wrote:
That means that even with their hazardous occupation, taking precautions has yielded a much lower rate of infection than the general population.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! One dentist I know likes to fly experimental aircraft. Another one likes to mountain climb.
keepit wrote:
It doesn't take sophisticated logic to figure that out.
You aren't using logic. Bigotry and argument from randU is not logic.
keepit wrote:

Yes they are. There's thing that is going around, you see. It's called fear mongering.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2020 21:09
(21699)
Xadoman wrote:

Masks can and do harbor bacteria.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2020 21:12
(21699)
keepit wrote:
RQAA
keepit wrote:
You say that dentists in your locale are often closed.
That is what I said. More than my locale also.
keepit wrote:
That might the problem - you aren't taking a large enough view of the world. Think farther out than wisconsin.
You aren't thinking. You aren't even making your own argument. You are just quoting propaganda from someone else. You apparently never learned English either. Wisconsin is a proper noun. It is capitalized. Guess you don't think much of Wisconsin.
keepit wrote:

They are not there to help. They are bureaucrats. Bureaucrats love to make up numbers and spew them as if they came from God.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2020 21:19
(21699)
keepit wrote:
There are different types of n95 masks. Some are industrial and some are medical.

Correct. One is treated with a biocide and put into a sterile bag. That's it. Medical masks can be effective for a short time (say a couple of hours) against some bacteria. None of the them stop a virus.
keepit wrote:
They have different sized holed designed to keep out what ever they want to keep out.

WRONG. N95 is a specification defining the size of particulates and effectiveness of the filtration. Both masks are the same other than the biocide treatment and packaging.

Arte you wearing a surgical mask? It's no good after an hour or two against bacteria.

Masks do not stop a virus.
6 feet does not stop a virus.
Plastic barriers at stores and plastic face shields do not stop a virus.
Closing businesses as 'non-essential' does not stop a virus and is unconstitutional.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2020 21:20
(21699)
keepit wrote:
You aren't "finding them to be making up stuff". You simply have a paranoid belief based on what someone told you.

You are describing yourself. Inversion fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2020 22:06
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
ITN,
Almost nothing you said in those last few posts is true. I will address the n95 masks though. Google n95 and you will see the specs on industrial n95 is different than n95 medical are different regarding the size of the holes.
30-11-2020 22:34
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2938)
keepit wrote:

I am reminded of a quote from the late great Ronald Reagan. He said the scariest words in the English language are,

"Hello, I'm with the government and I'm here to help."

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
30-11-2020 22:58
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
Those aren't govt. Don't get paranoid.
30-11-2020 23:10
(3314)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Almost nothing you said in those last few posts is true.

He made accurate posts.

keepit wrote:
I will address the n95 masks though. Google n95 and you will see the specs on industrial n95 is different than n95 medical are different regarding the size of the holes.

No, ITN is right. The difference is in the treatment and packaging.
30-11-2020 23:18
(3314)
keepit wrote:

The CDC and the WHO are government agencies. The ADA and AMA are associations.
30-11-2020 23:49
(21699)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Almost nothing you said in those last few posts is true.

Bulverism fallacy.
keepit wrote:
I will address the n95 masks though. Google n95 and you will see the specs on industrial n95 is different than n95 medical are different regarding the size of the holes.

Google is not a specification. Google is not God either.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2020 23:52
(21699)
keepit wrote:

They are government, or they are political associations of people. Neither is science. All are bureaucracies. None of them are science. None of them are able to use random numbers as 'data'.

The Parrot Killer

01-12-2020 00:25
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
The point is they don't have controlling authority over people. They process information.
01-12-2020 00:38
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2938)
keepit wrote:
The point is they don't have controlling authority over people. They process information.

The point is the CDC is a 7 billion dollar operation. They will say what they are told to say.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
01-12-2020 00:39
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2938)
keepit wrote:

Take off the mask. Don't be paranoid.

01-12-2020 03:00
(21699)
keepit wrote:

Random numbers is not information.

The Parrot Killer

01-12-2020 03:57
(5197)
If masks and social distancing are so effective, why demand both? One or the other, should be fine? Outdoors, both are sort of ridiculous to require. In hospitals, protective equipment, and standards are better than nothing, infections complicate treatments. They don't work perfectly in hospitals, with people well trained in the use and purpose. Telling everybody just to cover their face all the time, and we can 100% control this pandemic, is a huge lie.
01-12-2020 03:58
(3314)
keepit wrote:

Random numbers are not information.
01-12-2020 04:25
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
I wouldn't characterize them as "so effective" as you say. I'd say that they help but aren't foolproof.
No one is saying "covering your face will be 100 effective". Where did you get that idea?
01-12-2020 05:29
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2938)
keepit wrote:
I wouldn't characterize them as "so effective" as you say. I'd say that they help but aren't foolproof.
No one is saying "covering your face will be 100 effective". Where did you get that idea?

Then please tell us what percent effective face coverings are against Covid. Go with cloth face coverings, as that is the typical tyrannical government regulation wording.

Also if you could give marginn of error calculations or cite the study that does so that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

01-12-2020 06:07
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
Sorry, i don't know but common sense says the masks will catch some virions.
01-12-2020 11:07
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14475)
keepit wrote:
Sorry, i don't know but common sense says the masks will catch some virions.

You don't have any common sense.

Explain how you believe masks with > 3 micron hole stop 120 nanometer viruses.

When you pivot to moisture droplets, explain how water doesn't evaporate.

Hint: 70 micron droplets evaporate in 12 seconds.
Hint: 7 micron droplets evaporate in ~1 second.

The floor is yours. Gibber away.

The keep it conjecture: common sense says things that are wrong.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-12-2020 11:31
(5197)
How can masks be so effective, and yet so many places are considering basement-dwelling mandates, because of their high infection rates? President Trump held huge rallies, masks and social distancing optional. !0,000+ attendance, and there were some infections, but not thousands, as implied. Here in Florida, we've had quite a few large gatherings, masks and social distancing optional (not enforced), and we are still in our Phase 3 reopening, with no indication of going back to basement-dwelling. This virus doesn't seem to be so highly contagious, or spread so easily, that mask make such a huge difference. Even habitual mask wearers and basement-dwellers get infected. What's worse, is that it's a cold virus, and most of the people have no problem recovering, like an other cold or flu virus.
Page 1 of 3123>

Join the debate Dentists and covid:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Actor Jamie Foxx is now blind and paralyzed due to the covid vaccine that he was forced to take1011-02-2024 01:28
BREAKING NEWS Vaccinated Jill Xiden gets covid for second time005-09-2023 05:37
Bodybuilder Gustavo Badel dead of covid vaccine stroke. Ans the real carnage begins3017-07-2023 15:41
Jamie Foxx seen sitting on a boat, because he cannot stand since his covid 19 vaccination2815-07-2023 20:46
Jamie Foxx blind and paralyzed due to covid vaccine for Netflix3912-07-2023 20:11
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact