Page 5 of 5<<<345
05-12-2018 02:49
Wake
★★★★★
(3509)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't believe he learned calculus... It takes a while to get it, but it's quicker and easier to use, over algebra. I only took one semester, but I remember wondering why I had to mess around with so much algebra first, guess that's how colleges make money...

Now that is really stupid. Algebra is simple and you use every day in fields such as research. Algebra calculates change while Calculus the rate of change.

Not what calculus does, Wake.

Try again.

I actually used it while you obviously cannot even add a bill to charge your customers.
05-12-2018 03:22
HarveyH55
★☆☆☆☆
(104)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't believe he learned calculus... It takes a while to get it, but it's quicker and easier to use, over algebra. I only took one semester, but I remember wondering why I had to mess around with so much algebra first, guess that's how colleges make money...

Now that is really stupid. Algebra is simple and you use every day in fields such as research. Algebra calculates change while Calculus the rate of change.

Not what calculus does, Wake.

Try again.

I actually used it while you obviously cannot even add a bill to charge your customers.

Math is an evolution. The reason for inventing new math, was always to make calculations easier, to deal with more complex problems. Neither Algebra or Calculus, can only be used to solve one kind of problem. One might be better suited for certain types of calculations, than the other. Calculus was developed, after people had been using Algebra to solve many of the same problems, lot of work.

You can build a house, with a hammer, nails, hand saw for tools, but it takes a long time, lot of sweat, and might not look so pretty when done. Now, we have power tools, air compressors, work gets done fairly quick, precise, less labor, and more complex builds. Math is just a tool. Better tools, makes it easier to work on bigger more complex problems, quicker.
Page 5 of 5<<<345

Join the debate Why only 'Man-Made' CO2?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
CO2 and Some transparency3510-12-2018 01:46
CO2 is causing ozone depletion, cause of climate change?1126-11-2018 22:53
What would happen to global temperature if the US stopped all CO2 emissions for the next 50 years?1517-09-2018 09:12
What are Stacks made from317-09-2018 08:58
Is the CO2 increase natural or man-made?4006-09-2018 20:07
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact