Remember me
▼ Content

When did carbon dioxide appear in the headlines?

When did carbon dioxide appear in the headlines?04-03-2019 23:06
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
I'm guessing sometime after the Cold War?
04-03-2019 23:28
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Arrhenius in the late 1800's theorized that CO2 was causing warming in the atmosphere. It was a rather strange method he used to decide this - he did no experiments and used reports of the spectroscopy of moonlight. I believe he died in the 1960s and for his life often made rather bizarre claims of one thing or another. And strangely enough quite a few people would listen to him. But I suppose that shouldn't be surprising since there are people who believe the world is flat - including my older brother. What's more, from his wild and crazy websites he has even convinced my younger brother who spent his life as an electrician that the CIA blew up the trade towers on 9/11 and that the pictures of the planes actually hitting the towers are fake and that the actual remains of the aircraft that barely struck the Pentagon were planted.

Really, you should go to YouTube and watch the videos posted by Tony Heller. He shows things like the actual newspaper reports from all over the USA disproving the claims of NASA and NOAA.
04-03-2019 23:31
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Wake wrote:
Arrhenius in the late 1800's theorized that CO2 was causing warming in the atmosphere. It was a rather strange method he used to decide this - he did no experiments and used reports of the spectroscopy of moonlight. I believe he died in the 1960s and for his life often made rather bizarre claims of one thing or another. And strangely enough quite a few people would listen to him. But I suppose that shouldn't be surprising since there are people who believe the world is flat - including my older brother. What's more, from his wild and crazy websites he has even convinced my younger brother who spent his life as an electrician that the CIA blew up the trade towers on 9/11 and that the pictures of the planes actually hitting the towers are fake and that the actual remains of the aircraft that barely struck the Pentagon were planted.

Really, you should go to YouTube and watch the videos posted by Tony Heller. He shows things like the actual newspaper reports from all over the USA disproving the claims of NASA and NOAA.

Arrhenius theorized global warming is a good thing.
04-03-2019 23:50
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Wake wrote:

But he was the one that suggest that CO2 would cause climate change. And that was later picked up by Dr. Michael Mann who defrauded the American people of research grant money by counterfeiting his data.
04-03-2019 23:55
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Wake wrote:

But he was the one that suggest that CO2 would cause climate change. And that was later picked up by Dr. Michael Mann who defrauded the American people of research grant money by counterfeiting his data.

All gases in the air absorb heat, not just CO2. In his time he called it an acid, not a gas.
05-03-2019 03:24
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Wake wrote:

All gases in the air absorb heat, not just CO2. In his time he called it an acid, not a gas.

Nothing absorbs heat. Absorption of light that results in higher temperature IS heat.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate When did carbon dioxide appear in the headlines?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Terrestrial Agroecosystems84026-04-2024 20:30
Happy fourth of July. I wonder how many liberals are eating carbon cooked burgers106-07-2023 23:52
Uses for solid carbon3006-07-2023 23:51
Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Wetlands9623-06-2023 14:49
Biden wants to force 'carbon capture'821-06-2023 12:55
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact