Remember me
▼ Content

Use forecast to talk about climate change, urges ex-BBC presenter

Use forecast to talk about climate change, urges ex-BBC presenter19-03-2019 13:27
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/19/use-forecast-to-talk-about-climate-change-urges-ex-bbc-presenter
19-03-2019 14:31
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
Oh great, ensure everyone who just wants to get the weather has to sit through a religious sermon first!

Note: no offense intended to people who like religious sermons.
19-03-2019 16:05
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Yeah, I'm not going to sit through a religious sermon in order to see what the 3-day forecast is... I would tune out.
19-03-2019 18:43
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/19/use-forecast-to-talk-about-climate-change-urges-ex-bbc-presenter

Seems a bit odd that someone that is a weather forecaster hasn't seen anything occurring but promises it will.
19-03-2019 20:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
Same here. I want' the weather report, not a sermon. If I don't get a weather report, I will go elsewhere to get it.
20-03-2019 12:09
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
Wake wrote:Seems a bit odd that someone that is a weather forecaster hasn't seen anything occurring but promises it will.

That wasn't exactly the point of the article. The idea was for the weather forecaster to specifically talk about non-weather observations and explain to you how you were responsible for it ... just for your awareness ... so you'll be more accepting of your government imposing a fresh new round of taxes on you out of guilt.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate Use forecast to talk about climate change, urges ex-BBC presenter:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Let's Talk ChatGPT (Did You See What I Did There?)3112-05-2023 16:51
The 100 Year Weather Forecast1113-09-2022 16:19
If You Want To Save Your Family, Your Town, City Please Make Donation & Talk1223-04-2022 22:04
I Can Prove I am The Messiah, I Want To Talk With Top People GOV Of China or USA To Save The World025-09-2021 04:15
Let's Talk Polar Bears318-03-2021 03:43
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact