Remember me
▼ Content

The South China Sea

The South China Sea07-03-2021 14:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
It seems many countries are either making their presence known there or will be.
France has a fleet that will be going there and exercises between other countries are planned as well.
China should've been kept from building artificial islands so it could claim the South China Sea as its territory. Once they can establish that, then countries that have claimed it because they live there would have no right to its resources. At the same time international shipping could be charged a fee by China for passage through their waters. Why it matters to various countries to limit China's claim to any part of the South China Sea.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/france-sends-navy-mission-south-054647927.html

p.s., ITN, considering I've been to Olongapo, I would've sailed through the South China sea so have been there too. D@mn I've been places.

Attached image:

Edited on 07-03-2021 14:21
08-03-2021 02:15
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21699)
James___ wrote:
It seems many countries are either making their presence known there or will be.
France has a fleet that will be going there and exercises between other countries are planned as well.
China should've been kept from building artificial islands so it could claim the South China Sea as its territory. Once they can establish that, then countries that have claimed it because they live there would have no right to its resources. At the same time international shipping could be charged a fee by China for passage through their waters. Why it matters to various countries to limit China's claim to any part of the South China Sea.

p.s., ITN, considering I've been to Olongapo, I would've sailed through the South China sea so have been there too. D@mn I've been places.

You were never in the Navy.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-03-2021 03:19
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14476)
James___ wrote: p.s., ITN, considering I've been to Olongapo, I would've sailed through the South China sea so have been there too.

Why did you write "I would've sailed" instead of "I sailed"? It sounds like it's all in your imagination?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-03-2021 04:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: p.s., ITN, considering I've been to Olongapo, I would've sailed through the South China sea so have been there too.

Why did you write "I would've sailed" instead of "I sailed"? It sounds like it's all in your imagination?

Am glad to know that things are back to normal. Go there and then ask me why, okay?
Edited on 08-03-2021 04:32
08-03-2021 06:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14476)
James___ wrote: Go there and then ask me why, okay?

What's easy about going to any particular ocean is that there is only one and it reaches far and wide. It was a simple matter to go there and now I'm asking you why it's "back to normal."

Was the ocean ever abnormal?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-03-2021 13:37
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5726)
James___ wrote:

What claim does France have there? I mean why is it not called the South France sea?
Edited on 08-03-2021 13:38
08-03-2021 15:08
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:

What claim does France have there? I mean why is it not called the South France sea?

It's considered international waters and is an important shipping lane. Why Germany, England and other countries will also have fleets cruising through those waters.
Also, countries that border those waters are also allied with western countries.
09-03-2021 03:01
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5726)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:

It's considered international waters and is an important shipping lane. Why Germany, England and other countries will also have fleets cruising through those waters.
Also, countries that border those waters are also allied with western countries.

LOL important shipping lanes for i phones from china you mean. Please make sense we are buying more from chinka than we are making

Join the debate The South China Sea:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
General motors buys 20 million parts a month from china028-12-2023 19:18
It is not if, but when will North become South and the Geese will fly the wrong way7824-11-2023 03:35
The junk F35 has been grounded, and one may be on the way to China or Russia018-09-2023 23:07
Navy sailors Jinchao Wei and Petty Officer Wenheng Zhao have been arrested for spying for China004-08-2023 03:19
FASTER GLACIER MELTING MECHANISM COULD CAUSE HUGE SEA LEVEL RISES420-05-2023 19:54
Articles
Appendix C - China's Environmental Crisis
Appendix A - Tracing China's Climate Policy
Analysis - Explaining China's Climate Policy
The Dependent Variable - How Ambitious Is China's Climate Policy
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact