Remember me
▼ Content

Stop the ad hominems

Stop the ad hominems19-09-2016 00:27
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
When you say "dogmatic religious lemming" or "you lack a basic scientific literacy", regardless of the truth value of your statements, you are not attacking my argument. You are attacking ME for presenting the argument. This is not okay, and doesn't prove anything. This is a forum for discussion, not insult matches.

I will be trying to reduce my tit-for-tat tendencies in order to practice what I preach. I'm not even expecting you to be nice for the sake of nicety. I want the arguments, not their owners, to be the focus; to do otherwise is not scientific.

"Heads on a science
Apart" - Coldplay, The Scientist

IBdaMann wrote:
No, science doesn't insist that, ergo I don't insist that.

I am the Ninja Scientist! Beware!
19-09-2016 20:46
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
jwoodward48 wrote:
When you say "dogmatic religious lemming" or "you lack a basic scientific literacy", regardless of the truth value of your statements, you are not attacking my argument. You are attacking ME for presenting the argument. This is not okay, and doesn't prove anything. This is a forum for discussion, not insult matches.

I will be trying to reduce my tit-for-tat tendencies in order to practice what I preach. I'm not even expecting you to be nice for the sake of nicety. I want the arguments, not their owners, to be the focus; to do otherwise is not scientific.

It takes two to tango, dude. You've stepped on my feet too many times.

You are making an empty plea. It is up to YOU to demonstrate this, despite the insults you receive.

That's how real life works, dude.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-09-2016 20:56
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
Tu quoque.

You yourself stated that you look down on pissing matches. So why don't you practice what you preach?
20-09-2016 00:12
(21599)
jwoodward48 wrote:
Tu quoque.

You yourself stated that you look down on pissing matches. So why don't you practice what you preach?

I look down on shooting people too. If you take a shot at me, I have no problem shooting back.

Figure it out, dude.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 20-09-2016 00:13
20-09-2016 00:20
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
Fine. But keep in mind that when I used tit-for-tat on IB's unprovoked attacks, you grumped at me. Double standards?
20-09-2016 01:12
(21599)
jwoodward48 wrote:
Fine. But keep in mind that when I used tit-for-tat on IB's unprovoked attacks, you grumped at me. Double standards?

I didn't say anything until you took a shot at me.

I am holding you to a double standard now as your restitution. You have to be nice in the face of insults if you want me to take your apology seriously.

The Parrot Killer

20-09-2016 01:23
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
But once I did take a shot at you, you held me to a higher standard than IB in my discussion with him.

I'm not looking to make restitution anymore. Forget it. You've never had to make restitution and neither has IB. Tit for ****ing tat. I'll start making restitution when someone apologizes for being an arsehole. Until then, you can take your double standards and shove them in a dark cave.
20-09-2016 11:59
(21599)
jwoodward48 wrote:
But once I did take a shot at you, you held me to a higher standard than IB in my discussion with him.

I'm not looking to make restitution anymore. Forget it. You've never had to make restitution and neither has IB. Tit for ****ing tat. I'll start making restitution when someone apologizes for being an arsehole. Until then, you can take your double standards and shove them in a dark cave.

Your choice. You've made it. Now live with it.

The Parrot Killer

20-09-2016 15:27
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
Sure. What will I have to live with? You being an arsehole? Already happening.
20-09-2016 19:27
(21599)
jwoodward48 wrote:
Sure. What will I have to live with? You being an arsehole? Already happening.

Because of you. Remember that.

The Parrot Killer

20-09-2016 19:32
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
Yet again, I direct you to the "where moon landing hoax" page, in which I got a welcome that was quite characteristic of you and IB, after a first post that did not insult anybody but the insane moon-landing-hoaxers.
20-09-2016 20:14
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
jwoodward48 wrote: Yet again, I direct you to the "where moon landing hoax" page, in which I got a welcome that was quite characteristic of you and IB, after a first post that did not insult anybody but the insane moon-landing-hoaxers.

Denial on your part.

I gave you a clear explanation as to why I did not want to even be associated with self-declared "skeptics." You then became an ass.

You.

The problem always comes back to you. I'm not going to argue about it with you. I will just fire back in like kind and we can keep moving forward, in the muck or out. It'll be like Burger King. You can have it your way.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
20-09-2016 20:58
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
A clear explanation that was indeed - it very clearly showed me that you were an arsehole. You're the denier - you're denying that insulting people is arseholey, or that you insult people. (But no, jwood! I'm simply giving them the truth!) **** you.

Join the debate Stop the ad hominems:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
How exactly does an entire message board stop posting?2623-12-2023 02:25
The Book That Will Stop All War Instantly: New Creation New Society New World By Bodhi Udumbara1006-03-2023 05:33
Do not engage the target, as he might actually shut up and stop divulging info1017-02-2023 20:50
stop3128-02-2022 16:39
Tesla recalls nearly 54,000 cars because self-driving software runs stop signs606-02-2022 02:00
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact