Remember me
▼ Content

Shale Gas: The Technological Gamble That Should Not Have Been Taken by Anthony Ingraffea


Shale Gas: The Technological Gamble That Should Not Have Been Taken by Anthony Ingraffea10-06-2018 21:14
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
"In this lecture "Shale Gas: The Technological Gamble That Should Not Have Been Taken," Anthony Ingraffea poses that the fracking boom has placed the world's population in grave risk for the supposed benefit of a few. Just because one can do something does not mean that one should, especially if the possible action is clearly a gamble ..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfIjCG-zB4


"Bring us your sick and tired, your educated ..."
11-06-2018 07:05
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
"We made a mistake that will crash the two degree warming guard-rail not by 2100, but before 2030. That is coming right up with Professor Anthony Ingraffea from Cornell. Our second interview is with the co-founder of the Transition Town Movement, Rob Hopkins, with his personal transition. Welcome to Radio Ecoshock, let's get going."

Transition Through A Fracked Climate
https://www.ecoshock.org/2018/05/transition-through-a-fracked-climate.html
11-06-2018 08:56
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1132)
monckton wrote:
"We made a mistake that will crash the two degree warming guard-rail not by 2100, but before 2030. That is coming right up with Professor Anthony Ingraffea from Cornell. Our second interview is with the co-founder of the Transition Town Movement, Rob Hopkins, with his personal transition. Welcome to Radio Ecoshock, let's get going."

Transition Through A Fracked Climate
https://www.ecoshock.org/2018/05/transition-through-a-fracked-climate.html


Well there's a definate line in the sand.

12 years for a rise of 1.2c.

Should be clear if that is happening by 2021.
11-06-2018 11:33
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
Yeah I think you're mixing up baselines.
We were 0.8 degrees above the 1961-1990 baseline in 2016.
But the 2 degree limit is measured against pre-industrial levels, generally taken to be 1880 to 1937 but there is discussion about more suitable alternatives ...

Defining 'pre-industrial'
https://www.climate-lab-book.ac.uk/2017/defining-pre-industrial/

We were 1.2 degrees above pre-industrial in 2016, check out this funeral (@22 mins one weeping journalist makes the same mistake as you btw) ...

World has warmed 1.2 degree Celsius | WMO Full Press Conference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Os7MdwufHY

We'll see that again soon enough, by 2021 we'll probably be hitting 1.3.
More then that I suggest everyone start robbing banks, base jumping, whatever's on your list...
11-06-2018 18:09
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5417)
monckton wrote:
Yeah I think you're mixing up baselines.
We were 0.8 degrees above the 1961-1990 baseline in 2016.
But the 2 degree limit is measured against pre-industrial levels, generally taken to be 1880 to 1937 but there is discussion about more suitable alternatives ...

Defining 'pre-industrial'
https://www.climate-lab-book.ac.uk/2017/defining-pre-industrial/

We were 1.2 degrees above pre-industrial in 2016, check out this funeral (@22 mins one weeping journalist makes the same mistake as you btw) ...

World has warmed 1.2 degree Celsius | WMO Full Press Conference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Os7MdwufHY

We'll see that again soon enough, by 2021 we'll probably be hitting 1.3.
More then that I suggest everyone start robbing banks, base jumping, whatever's on your list...


Baserate fallacy. There is no 'baseline'. It's not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.


The Parrot Killer
12-06-2018 11:17
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
... yet here you are claiming there's no such thing as climate change.
Show us the data supporting your bold thesis.
There's probably a Nobel in it.
And think of the millions spent on PR you could save the oil industry.
Maybe they could pop a thermometer down the well?

12-06-2018 12:07
James___
★★★☆☆
(447)
monckton wrote:
... yet here you are claiming there's no such thing as climate change.
Show us the data supporting your bold thesis.
There's probably a Nobel in it.
And think of the millions spent on PR you could save the oil industry.
Maybe they could pop a thermometer down the well?




...monckton,
Attached image:


Edited on 12-06-2018 12:07
12-06-2018 18:13
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5417)
monckton wrote:
... yet here you are claiming there's no such thing as climate change.

That's right. There is no such thing. The phrase 'climate change' is meaningless. It's a buzzword. It can only be defined by itself.
monckton wrote:
Show us the data supporting your bold thesis.
...deleted insult fallacies...

Data isn't a proof. None needed either.

Define 'climate change' without using circular definitions.

If you can do that, then and only then will the phrase 'climate change' have any meaning.


The Parrot Killer
12-06-2018 22:44
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
Into the Night wrote:
That's right. There is no such thing. The phrase 'climate change' is meaningless. It's a buzzword. It can only be defined by itself.


Well it sure caught on.
This Ingraffea guy seems to know a lot about fracking ...

Whistleblower Dr Anthony Ingraffea on Fracking Shale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObF3kQxq1t0


"Bring us your sick and tired, your educated ..."
12-06-2018 23:12
James___
★★★☆☆
(447)
monckton wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
That's right. There is no such thing. The phrase 'climate change' is meaningless. It's a buzzword. It can only be defined by itself.


Well it sure caught on.
This Ingraffea guy seems to know a lot about fracking ...

Whistleblower Dr Anthony Ingraffea on Fracking Shale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObF3kQxq1t0



...Kind of made me wonder if they have the potential to become Superfund sites like https://ecology.wa.gov/Spills-Cleanup/Contamination-cleanup/Cleanup-sites/Toxic-cleanup-sites/Tacoma-Smelter/History-studies.
..They say history repeats itself.
13-06-2018 01:22
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5417)
monckton wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
That's right. There is no such thing. The phrase 'climate change' is meaningless. It's a buzzword. It can only be defined by itself.


Well it sure caught on.


That it did. That doesn't give it a meaning though. The Church of Global Warming is especially popular with liberals and members of the Church of Karl Marx.


The Parrot Killer
13-06-2018 09:40
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
Oh I think it's worse than that.
Last I heard it was 97% popular.
13-06-2018 09:43
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
James___ wrote:
...Kind of made me wonder if they have the potential to become Superfund sites like https://ecology.wa.gov/Spills-Cleanup/Contamination-cleanup/Cleanup-sites/Toxic-cleanup-sites/Tacoma-Smelter/History-studies.
..They say history repeats itself.


I think they'll have to stop drilling new ones first.


"Bring us your sick and tired, your educated ..."
13-06-2018 15:33
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5417)
monckton wrote:
Oh I think it's worse than that.
Last I heard it was 97% popular.


That old random number again?

*yawn*


The Parrot Killer
13-06-2018 16:06
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5417)
monckton wrote:
James___ wrote:
...Kind of made me wonder if they have the potential to become Superfund sites like https://ecology.wa.gov/Spills-Cleanup/Contamination-cleanup/Cleanup-sites/Toxic-cleanup-sites/Tacoma-Smelter/History-studies.
..They say history repeats itself.


I think they'll have to stop drilling new ones first.


Nobody drilled any oil wells in Tacoma.

Did you know that there are virtually NO cases of lead or arsenic poisoning caused by the Asarco site?

This is a government scam for money. It follows the EPA attitude that any dose is an overdose. They couldn't be more wrong.

Yet another example of the EPA wasting billions and not having solved ANY environmental problem since they were created.


The Parrot Killer
13-06-2018 19:25
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
Into the Night wrote:This is a government scam for money. It follows the EPA attitude that any dose is an overdose. They couldn't be more wrong.

Yet another example of the EPA wasting billions and not having solved ANY environmental problem since they were created.


'Any dose is an overdose' ... you'd soon change your tune watching a 'liberal' take half a shit in your garden.
That would wipe the smile off your face.

https://www.friendsofepa.org


"Bring us your sick and tired, your educated ..."
13-06-2018 21:06
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5417)
monckton wrote:
Into the Night wrote:This is a government scam for money. It follows the EPA attitude that any dose is an overdose. They couldn't be more wrong.

Yet another example of the EPA wasting billions and not having solved ANY environmental problem since they were created.


'Any dose is an overdose' ... you'd soon change your tune watching a 'liberal' take half a shit in your garden.
That would wipe the smile off your face.


Only because of the disgusting behavior and the trespassing. Didn't you know shit is good for gardens?


The Parrot Killer
14-06-2018 00:19
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
Make your mind up, you calling the cops or FEMA?
17-06-2018 17:14
Wake
★★★★★
(3386)
Into the Night wrote:
monckton wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
That's right. There is no such thing. The phrase 'climate change' is meaningless. It's a buzzword. It can only be defined by itself.


Well it sure caught on.


That it did. That doesn't give it a meaning though. The Church of Global Warming is especially popular with liberals and members of the Church of Karl Marx.


We no longer use the term "liberal". This comes from the Greek term "liber" which means "free". It is the base of the word "liberty". There isn't one of these leftists that is for freedom or liberty. They are collectivists open to one thing - total government control of the world. This is described in F.A. Hayek's book entitled "The Road to Serfdom" which was published around the middle of last century. He interviewed devoted socialists that were in on the actual changes in governments in Russia, Germany and Italy.

These people who were actually there all said the same thing - collectivism leads invariably to Hitlerism, Stalinism or totalitarianism. There were 150,000,000 people killed just last century from the theories of collectivism because any government large enough to give you all you want is also large enough to take away all you have.

Through simple calculation you can look at the GDP to population of the three Scandanavian countries and compare it to the USA and see that we produce 250 times as much as democratic socialism does. And democratic socialism invariably leads to totalitarianism. A lady author, from Norway I believe, was interviewed on a radio program. She had a very popular book that earned her $100,000 (explain how Obama became a multimillionaire on book sales when no local bookstores ever sold a single copy in ultra-leftist California).

What were her taxes in that socialist paradise? $140,000. She stated that three times so that there could be no mistaking it. She moved to the USA.

In short we do not call them liberals anymore. They are not for liberty or freedom.
17-06-2018 17:36
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5417)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
monckton wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
That's right. There is no such thing. The phrase 'climate change' is meaningless. It's a buzzword. It can only be defined by itself.


Well it sure caught on.


That it did. That doesn't give it a meaning though. The Church of Global Warming is especially popular with liberals and members of the Church of Karl Marx.


We no longer use the term "liberal". This comes from the Greek term "liber" which means "free". It is the base of the word "liberty". There isn't one of these leftists that is for freedom or liberty. They are collectivists open to one thing - total government control of the world. This is described in F.A. Hayek's book entitled "The Road to Serfdom" which was published around the middle of last century. He interviewed devoted socialists that were in on the actual changes in governments in Russia, Germany and Italy.

These people who were actually there all said the same thing - collectivism leads invariably to Hitlerism, Stalinism or totalitarianism. There were 150,000,000 people killed just last century from the theories of collectivism because any government large enough to give you all you want is also large enough to take away all you have.

Through simple calculation you can look at the GDP to population of the three Scandanavian countries and compare it to the USA and see that we produce 250 times as much as democratic socialism does. And democratic socialism invariably leads to totalitarianism. A lady author, from Norway I believe, was interviewed on a radio program. She had a very popular book that earned her $100,000 (explain how Obama became a multimillionaire on book sales when no local bookstores ever sold a single copy in ultra-leftist California).

What were her taxes in that socialist paradise? $140,000. She stated that three times so that there could be no mistaking it. She moved to the USA.

In short we do not call them liberals anymore. They are not for liberty or freedom.


A fair point. Hereafter, I will no longer use the term 'liberals' when referring to members of the Church of Karl Marx.


The Parrot Killer
17-06-2018 20:30
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
Wake wrote: ... (explain how Obama became a multimillionaire on book sales when no local bookstores ever sold a single copy in ultra-leftist California).


OK I can actually help you there - it's one way they launder the payoff.
Pull a few strings to dummy up a book deal and get some tool to write it, run off a few thousand copies for display purposes and so it does actually exist if someone wants to buy it, then box up the rest and stick them in that warehouse with the Ark and all them unsold copies of Tony Blairs "A Journey". Works every time ...






"Bring us your sick and tired, your educated ..."
Edited on 17-06-2018 20:34
18-06-2018 18:43
James___
★★★☆☆
(447)
monckton wrote:
Wake wrote: ... (explain how Obama became a multimillionaire on book sales when no local bookstores ever sold a single copy in ultra-leftist California).


OK I can actually help you there - it's one way they launder the payoff.
Pull a few strings to dummy up a book deal and get some tool to write it, run off a few thousand copies for display purposes and so it does actually exist if someone wants to buy it, then box up the rest and stick them in that warehouse with the Ark and all them unsold copies of Tony Blairs "A Journey". Works every time ...





Le reve Americain; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3HItSNR74
..Just sayin'
18-06-2018 21:52
James___
★★★☆☆
(447)
James___ wrote:


Le reve Americain; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3HItSNR74
..Just sayin'



...itn,
..You forgot to say Alizee is a Holy link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfXBNQMj2SE) and should be deleted. Also, no correction from you. Pourquoi ? Je veux savoir s'il vous plait.

..itn, this is a good opportunity for you to show how your logic is not fallible. You can falsify a European woman can't you ? You can delete this Holy link, I know you have it in you.
Edited on 18-06-2018 22:07




Join the debate Shale Gas: The Technological Gamble That Should Not Have Been Taken by Anthony Ingraffea:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Water Vapor is THE Dominant Greenhouse Gas1009-05-2018 22:58
It's a gas - Russian scientist who killed with Novichok named...008-04-2018 02:58
Shale cowboys: fracking under Trump - (VPRO documentary - 2017)418-12-2017 22:56
Reaction: World Bank Steals Show at One Planet Summit by Phasing Out Upstream Oil and Gas Finance213-12-2017 03:44
Can we build an efficient hybrid solar-natural gas engine that emits no CO2?305-10-2017 02:36
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact