Remember me
▼ Content

Refraction

Refraction13-03-2021 02:59
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This thread will stay on topic. It is about how light is refracted. This is an accepted principle of physics. What you счїт doesn't matter.

re·frac·tion
/rəˈfrakSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
nounPhysics
noun: refraction

the fact or phenomenon of light, radio waves, etc. being deflected in passing obliquely through the interface between one medium and another or through a medium of varying density.
change in direction of propagation of any wave as a result of its traveling at different speeds at different points along the wave front.
measurement of the focusing characteristics of an eye or eyes.

Origin
mid 17th century: from late Latin refractio(n- ), from refringere 'break up' (see refract).

This is the starting point. In basic terms, refraction is the absorption and emission of wave energy. This is the anti-thesis to the Stefan-Boltzmann constant.
It's almost like roasting American wieners but we all know that Americans lack this quality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZoJiTP5XZo
Edited on 13-03-2021 03:01
13-03-2021 04:10
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James___ wrote:
This thread will stay on topic. It is about how light is refracted. This is an accepted principle of physics. What you счїт doesn't matter.

re·frac·tion
/rəˈfrakSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
nounPhysics

the fact or phenomenon of light, radio waves, etc. being deflected in passing obliquely through the interface between one medium and another or through a medium of varying density.
change in direction of propagation of any wave as a result of its traveling at different speeds at different points along the wave front.

Origin
mid 17th century: from late Latin refractio(n- ), from refringere 'break up' (see refract).

This is the starting point. In basic terms, refraction is the absorption and emission of wave energy. This is the anti-thesis to the Stefan-Boltzmann constant.
It's almost like roasting American wieners but we all know that Americans lack this quality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZoJiTP5XZo

LOL you copy and paste stuff that you have zero knowledge of very well
13-03-2021 04:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:

re·frac·tion
/rəˈfrakSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
nounPhysics

Origin

I told my son (IBDM) that you're not my son. And as for ITN, I doubt he'd post garbage like that. He's a Native American and takes pride in himself. With what you posted, maybe refraction as a part of spectral physics needs to be made known?
At the same time, insulting people like IBDM and ITN who have no Norwegian heritage is just mean.
13-03-2021 04:57
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:

re·frac·tion
/rəˈfrakSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
nounPhysics

Origin

I told my son (IBDM) that you're not my son. And as for ITN, I doubt he'd post garbage like that. He's a Native American and takes pride in himself. With what you posted, maybe refraction as a part of spectral physics needs to be made known?
At the same time, insulting people like IBDM and ITN who have no Norwegian heritage is just mean.

And perhaps you can be the World spokesperson for refraction.

13-03-2021 05:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:

re·frac·tion
/rəˈfrakSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
nounPhysics

Origin

Swan, you've just drovered into shark infested waters. Please don't be an easy kill. I did post that science needs to be challenged. Hopefully you'll enjoy the challenge.
13-03-2021 20:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:

re·frac·tion
/rəˈfrakSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
nounPhysics

Origin

Swan, you've just drovered into shark infested waters. Please don't be an easy kill. I did post that science needs to be challenged. Hopefully you'll enjoy the challenge.

Sorry I can not ever hope to challenge your drivel
14-03-2021 01:25
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:

re·frac·tion
/rəˈfrakSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
nounPhysics

Origin

You don't get it, do you? One reason why the Moon's surface is so warm is because of refraction. And for whatever matter is on the Moon's surface, for the Stefan-Boltzmann constant to apply, it would need to absorb all solar radiation.
If that is not happening then it's not a black body. Black body radiation does require that "ALL" electromagnetic radiation be absorbed. This in reality limits its application to its technological uses.
14-03-2021 02:28
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:

re·frac·tion
/rəˈfrakSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
nounPhysics

Origin

You don't get it, do you? One reason why the Moon's surface is so warm is because of refraction. And for whatever matter is on the Moon's surface, for the Stefan-Boltzmann constant to apply, it would need to absorb all solar radiation.
If that is not happening then it's not a black body. Black body radiation does require that "ALL" electromagnetic radiation be absorbed. This in reality limits its application to its technological uses.

What is refracted onto the moon to alter moon temps?

Waiting
14-03-2021 02:58
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:

Waiting

Kind of shows you don't understand what refraction is and how it applies to the Stefan-Boltzmann constant. It is a technical subject and if you understood basic concepts of calculus, then we could discuss it.
Could you understand that solar radiation not absorbed increases the temperature near the matter reflecting it? This means that the surface temperature of the Moon could be influenced by solar radiation being reflected. That would increase the temperature of any infrared observation.
With something this basic, how do people not know this?
14-03-2021 04:04
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Waiting

Kind of shows you don't understand what refraction is and how it applies to the Stefan-Boltzmann constant. It is a technical subject and if you understood basic concepts of calculus, then we could discuss it.
Could you understand that solar radiation not absorbed increases the temperature near the matter reflecting it? This means that the surface temperature of the Moon could be influenced by solar radiation being reflected. That would increase the temperature of any infrared observation.

You forgot to mention what refracts onto the moon increasing temperature.

Are you aware that you are essentially masturbating in public with your complete ignorance.

Still waiting to hear what refracts onto the moon and what the refracting object is?
14-03-2021 04:23
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Waiting

Are you aware that you are essentially masturbating in public with your complete ignorance.

Still waiting to hear what refracts onto the moon and what the refracting object is?

For you Honey Buns I'll see about doing a little experiment. Using a heat lamp to heat a room and using it to heat a mirror. The mirror will probably be hotter because as a prism, it is reflecting infrared radiation and is not absorbing it.
And because you're an American, I can show why you're stupid. Okay?
14-03-2021 05:16
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Waiting

For you Honey Buns I'll see about doing a little experiment. Using a heat lamp to heat a room and using it to heat a mirror. The mirror will probably be hotter because as a prism, it is reflecting infrared radiation and is not absorbing it.

What does that have to do with your mythical schizophrenic belief that the moon is heated by refraction?

Answer. Nothing.
14-03-2021 22:10
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21699)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Waiting

Evasion. Answer the question put to you.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-03-2021 22:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21699)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Waiting

Mirrors are not prisms.

Mirrors are not perfect reflectors either. They absorb some of the infrared light, converting it into thermal energy.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate Refraction:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact