Remember me
▼ Content

Record break high temperatures for February, in Central Florida!

Record break high temperatures for February, in Central Florida!04-03-2019 16:59
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
https://www.wftv.com/weather/february-rankings-in-depth-look-at-record-heat-across-central-florida/926600700

Little disappointed to find that our weather man has join the Climatology Church. He us to down-play the climate change crap, but then again, it's job, and personal opinion doesn't usually apply, if you want to stay employed.

It was another mild winter, the record breaking temperatures, just barely. They probably had to hunt around some, to find a thermometer that gave the those extra couple of tenths needed. There really wasn't any note worthy highs or lows, maybe the duration, or frequency of the few cold spells (sweatshirt/long pants climate).

Interesting to note, the two records broken, were set in 1892, and 1932... Long standing records, for these troubled times, of catastrophic rising temperatures. Since we've already passed a couple of deadlines, where we were warned it would be to late, if we didn't stop creating CO2, I would think we would have broken most of the historic highs already, several times, and pretty much a daily thing. We shouldn't even be coming close to record lows, let alone breaking them, as much as we did this year, or last year, or... Basically, it's the same weather we have always had, some years are better, others are tragic, but most of the time, the climate is just fine.
04-03-2019 17:01
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/weather/february-rankings-in-depth-look-at-record-heat-across-central-florida/926600700

Little disappointed to find that our weather man has join the Climatology Church. He us to down-play the climate change crap, but then again, it's job, and personal opinion doesn't usually apply, if you want to stay employed.

It was another mild winter, the record breaking temperatures, just barely. They probably had to hunt around some, to find a thermometer that gave the those extra couple of tenths needed. There really wasn't any note worthy highs or lows, maybe the duration, or frequency of the few cold spells (sweatshirt/long pants climate).

Interesting to note, the two records broken, were set in 1892, and 1932... Long standing records, for these troubled times, of catastrophic rising temperatures. Since we've already passed a couple of deadlines, where we were warned it would be to late, if we didn't stop creating CO2, I would think we would have broken most of the historic highs already, several times, and pretty much a daily thing. We shouldn't even be coming close to record lows, let alone breaking them, as much as we did this year, or last year, or... Basically, it's the same weather we have always had, some years are better, others are tragic, but most of the time, the climate is just fine.

Record? Not even close. Medieval warm period was 1 C warmer globally and Greenland was farmable back then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period
04-03-2019 20:06
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Record? Not even close. Medieval warm period was 1 C warmer globally and Greenland was farmable back then.

Greenland is 'farmable' (the correct word is 'arable') right now. The only time it really wasn't was during the Little Ice Age. They typically grow vegetables, tubers, and fruit. Currently about 1% of the land is arable. That's about normal for Greenland.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 04-03-2019 20:07
04-03-2019 22:51
(5197)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

The article was only about the local temperature, here in central Florida. Don't think anybody was keeping temperature records during Medieval times...

The point was that we are supposed to be on this deadly warming trend, and should be setting record highs, more frequently. Since, we aren't, and many of the records broken were standing for decades, seem to support that there is no serious warming trend, just the natural thawing from an ice age.
04-03-2019 23:01
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

The article was only about the local temperature, here in central Florida. Don't think anybody was keeping temperature records during Medieval times...

The point was that we are supposed to be on this deadly warming trend, and should be setting record highs, more frequently. Since, we aren't, and many of the records broken were standing for decades, seem to support that there is no serious warming trend, just the natural thawing from an ice age.

You talk about central Florida like it's the world. Guess what? It's not. Canada has record cold this winter. I don't think there is global warming at all.
05-03-2019 01:34
(21599)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

You talk about central Florida like it's the world. Guess what? It's not. Canada has record cold this winter. I don't think there is global warming at all.

Actually he's not talking about central Florida like it's the world. He'd making fun of those who do.

Look at his post more closely.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
05-03-2019 04:56
(5197)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

I don't think there is man-made global warming either. Likely still some warming to go, before we peak from ice age recovery. No, Florida isn't the center of the world, although we do get people from all over, who come, just to visit Disney World...

I spent the first half of my life in the northwest, some 30 years ago. Remember many cold winters, not much has changed. This is why I prefer the warmer climate, Florida provides. Mostly, I wear a t-shirt, occasionally a sweatshirt (briefly). I get asked, "where's your jacket" often, and I see people dressed more appropriately for the ski slopes. Just seems sort of funny, these people don't really know what cold is.
05-03-2019 21:12
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

I don't think there is man-made global warming either. Likely still some warming to go, before we peak from ice age recovery. No, Florida isn't the center of the world, although we do get people from all over, who come, just to visit Disney World...

I spent the first half of my life in the northwest, some 30 years ago. Remember many cold winters, not much has changed. This is why I prefer the warmer climate, Florida provides. Mostly, I wear a t-shirt, occasionally a sweatshirt (briefly). I get asked, "where's your jacket" often, and I see people dressed more appropriately for the ski slopes. Just seems sort of funny, these people don't really know what cold is.

You're right about that! Lesse...a town in Wyoming was reporting -20 deg F last night...

Seattle has been warmer, our low last night was 29 degF. We still have plenty of snow yet to melt around here, after the storm that dumped it 2 weeks ago.

Las Vegas is a bit like Florida. It got a dusting of snow (didn't even stick), and everyone looked up in the sky thinking, "Were we bad??". They start wearing parkas when it drops to 50 deg F.

Then of course there is the wackiness of the tourism industry. Nothing like it!

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Record break high temperatures for February, in Central Florida!:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Biden to be kept off ballot in Florida. Nyuk nyuk nyuk007-01-2024 00:31
COULD MOON DUST HELP REDUCE GLOBAL TEMPERATURES?3216-10-2023 19:36
Scientists say Florida Keys coral reefs are already bleaching as water temperatures hit record highs1429-07-2023 20:14
Only New Central Bank Type Appear Can End Global Currency War325-07-2023 22:50
Florida in hot water as ocean temperatures rise along with the humidity213-07-2023 15:50
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact