Remember me
▼ Content

Quantum entanglement of photons doubles microscope resolution

Quantum entanglement of photons doubles microscope resolution15-05-2023 21:01
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
https://www.caltech.edu/about/news/quantum-entanglement-of-photons-doubles-microscope-resolution

Using a "spooky" phenomenon of quantum physics, Caltech researchers have discovered a way to double the resolution of light microscopes.

In a paper appearing in the journal Nature Communications, a team led by Lihong Wang, Bren Professor of Medical Engineering and Electrical Engineering, shows the achievement of a leap forward in microscopy through what is known as quantum entanglement. Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon in which two particles are linked such that the state of one particle is tied to the state of the other particle regardless of whether the particles are anywhere near each other. Albert Einstein famously referred to quantum entanglement as "spooky action at a distance" because it could not be explained by his relativity theory.

According to quantum theory, any type of particle can be entangled. In the case of Wang's new microscopy technique, dubbed quantum microscopy by coincidence (QMC), the entangled particles are photons. Collectively, two entangled photons are known as a biphoton, and, importantly for Wang's microscopy, they behave in some ways as a single particle that has double the momentum of a single photon.

Since quantum mechanics says that all particles are also waves, and that the wavelength of a wave is inversely related to the momentum of the particle, particles with larger momenta have smaller wavelengths. So, because a biphoton has double the momentum of a photon, its wavelength is half that of the individual photons.

This is key to how QMC works. A microscope can only image the features of an object whose minimum size is half the wavelength of light used by the microscope. Reducing the wavelength of that light means the microscope can see even smaller things, which results in increased resolution.

Quantum entanglement is not the only way to reduce the wavelength of light being used in a microscope. Green light has a shorter wavelength than red light, for example, and purple light has a shorter wavelength than green light. But due to another quirk of quantum physics, light with shorter wavelengths carries more energy. So, once you get down to light with a wavelength small enough to image tiny things, the light carries so much energy that it will damage the items being imaged, especially living things such as cells. This is why ultraviolet (UV) light, which has a very short wavelength, gives you a sunburn.

Yawning

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
15-05-2023 22:04
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14476)
Swan wrote:Using a "spooky" phenomenon of quantum physics, Caltech researchers have discovered a way to double the resolution of light microscopes.

They upgraded from Full HD to 4K.

Swan wrote:In a paper appearing in the journal Nature Communications, a team led by Lihong Wang, Bren Professor of Medical Engineering and Electrical Engineering, shows the achievement of a leap forward in microscopy through what is known as quantum entanglement.

This is another common fallacy that should be included in Into the Night's list. Somebody's claim is referred to as "showing/demonstrating/confirming" the claim. Here you have someone making a claim in a periodical, and that claim in the periodical is cited as having "shown" something that is patently absurd. Of course Swan is right there eating it up.

Swan wrote:Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon in which two particles are linked such that the state of one particle is tied to the state of the other particle regardless of whether the particles are anywhere near each other.

This is the next fallacy: science fiction is treated as though it is real.

Swan wrote:Albert Einstein famously referred to quantum entanglement as "spooky action at a distance" because it could not be explained by his relativity theory.

This is the next fallacy: quoting dead people completely out of context. Albert Einstein didn't recognize "quantum entanglement" as being real. It violated (and still violates) his theory of Relativity.

Swan wrote:According to quantum theory, any type of particle can be entangled.

Nope. According to the sci-fi writers, any producer is given the flexibility of selecting which particles "entangle" in their respective programs/movies.

Swan wrote:In the case of Wang's new microscopy technique, dubbed quantum microscopy by coincidence (QMC), the entangled particles are photons.

Mention in the press release is the furthest that any entangled particles are involved.

Swan wrote:This is key to how QMC works.

Notice that quantum entanglement is not the key to how it works.

Swan wrote:
A microscope can only image the features of an object whose minimum size is half the wavelength of light used by the microscope. Reducing the wavelength of that light means the microscope can see even smaller things, which results in increased resolution.

i.e. increase the frequency of the photons.

Swan wrote:Quantum entanglement is not the only way to reduce the wavelength of light being used in a microscope.

It's not even a way to reduce the wavelength of light being used in a microscope.

Swan wrote: Green light has a shorter wavelength than red light, for example, and purple light has a shorter wavelength than green light.

What did I tell you? You increase the frequency of the photons. No science fiction needed.

Swan wrote:But due to another quirk of quantum physics, light with shorter wavelengths carries more energy.

This isn't a quirk of quantum mechanics. It is black body science from Planck's law.
15-05-2023 23:07
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Using a "spooky" phenomenon of quantum physics, Caltech researchers have discovered a way to double the resolution of light microscopes.

They upgraded from Full HD to 4K.

Swan wrote:In a paper appearing in the journal Nature Communications, a team led by Lihong Wang, Bren Professor of Medical Engineering and Electrical Engineering, shows the achievement of a leap forward in microscopy through what is known as quantum entanglement.

This is another common fallacy that should be included in Into the Night's list. Somebody's claim is referred to as "showing/demonstrating/confirming" the claim. Here you have someone making a claim in a periodical, and that claim in the periodical is cited as having "shown" something that is patently absurd. Of course Swan is right there eating it up.

Swan wrote:Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon in which two particles are linked such that the state of one particle is tied to the state of the other particle regardless of whether the particles are anywhere near each other.

This is the next fallacy: science fiction is treated as though it is real.

Swan wrote:Albert Einstein famously referred to quantum entanglement as "spooky action at a distance" because it could not be explained by his relativity theory.

This is the next fallacy: quoting dead people completely out of context. Albert Einstein didn't recognize "quantum entanglement" as being real. It violated (and still violates) his theory of Relativity.

Swan wrote:According to quantum theory, any type of particle can be entangled.

Nope. According to the sci-fi writers, any producer is given the flexibility of selecting which particles "entangle" in their respective programs/movies.

Swan wrote:In the case of Wang's new microscopy technique, dubbed quantum microscopy by coincidence (QMC), the entangled particles are photons.

Mention in the press release is the furthest that any entangled particles are involved.

Swan wrote:This is key to how QMC works.

Notice that quantum entanglement is not the key to how it works.

Swan wrote:
A microscope can only image the features of an object whose minimum size is half the wavelength of light used by the microscope. Reducing the wavelength of that light means the microscope can see even smaller things, which results in increased resolution.

i.e. increase the frequency of the photons.

Swan wrote:Quantum entanglement is not the only way to reduce the wavelength of light being used in a microscope.

It's not even a way to reduce the wavelength of light being used in a microscope.

Swan wrote: Green light has a shorter wavelength than red light, for example, and purple light has a shorter wavelength than green light.

What did I tell you? You increase the frequency of the photons. No science fiction needed.

Swan wrote:But due to another quirk of quantum physics, light with shorter wavelengths carries more energy.

This isn't a quirk of quantum mechanics. It is black body science from Planck's law.

LOL, and how do you know? were you in the Caltech lab? No you were popping Chlorpromazine as usual

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

16-05-2023 04:56
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Quantum, entanglement, AI seem to be the latest the hot techno-jargon buzzwords for research begging these days. Wonder if this is a sign that 'climate-change' funding is starting to fizzle.

It's still the optics, that limit the resolution... But, this is an interesting point. Why no Quantum image sensors? They went straight to quantum computers first. Should have been all kinds of qubit applications, before building up to a computer. Digital logic was used for decades, before the first digital computer was even dream of.

What I've been finding, are explanations of 'what' quantum entangle is, and what can be done. The 'how' is kind evasive, and seem to be mostly dream-crushing limitations. The strangest thing, is that the entangled anything, is extremely small, fast too. How can they be observed (detected), or manipulated by things much larger, and slower, on an individual qubit, in an array of qubits? You can't look through a microscope, grab a pair of tweezers, and pickup a specific particle off a slide.
16-05-2023 14:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Quantum, entanglement, AI seem to be the latest the hot techno-jargon buzzwords for research begging these days. Wonder if this is a sign that 'climate-change' funding is starting to fizzle.

It's still the optics, that limit the resolution... But, this is an interesting point. Why no Quantum image sensors? They went straight to quantum computers first. Should have been all kinds of qubit applications, before building up to a computer. Digital logic was used for decades, before the first digital computer was even dream of.

What I've been finding, are explanations of 'what' quantum entangle is, and what can be done. The 'how' is kind evasive, and seem to be mostly dream-crushing limitations. The strangest thing, is that the entangled anything, is extremely small, fast too. How can they be observed (detected), or manipulated by things much larger, and slower, on an individual qubit, in an array of qubits? You can't look through a microscope, grab a pair of tweezers, and pickup a specific particle off a slide.

Science does not travel at your speed, now tell us again how the moon landings were staged

ULTRA MAGA

16-05-2023 20:57
(5197)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Science does not travel at your speed, now tell us again how the moon landings were staged

Somebody needs to ease up on the 'magic' tomatoes... Where have ever claimed moon landings were staged? I saw it live on TV, so it had to be true. Desert Glass guy is the denier. I get to watch a lot of space launches from my front yard. How come we don't get shattered space glass?

But, let me dumb it down to 130 IQ level... This quantum crap are smaller, much small than a single atom, even smaller than an electron. You're the on who claims they are fast. Faster than the speed of light. How do you do anything with something that is smaller than you instruments? Or measure something that moves faster than the resolution of the sensors/equipment?
16-05-2023 21:11
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14476)
HarveyH55 wrote:But, let me dumb it down to 130 IQ level... This quantum crap are smaller, much small than a single atom, even smaller than an electron. You're the on who claims they are fast. Faster than the speed of light. How do you do anything with something that is smaller than you instruments? Or measure something that moves faster than the resolution of the sensors/equipment?

How do you base a computer around something that you can't find and wouldn't be able to store if you could?
16-05-2023 21:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Somebody needs to ease up on the 'magic' tomatoes... Where have ever claimed moon landings were staged? I saw it live on TV, so it had to be true. Desert Glass guy is the denier. I get to watch a lot of space launches from my front yard. How come we don't get shattered space glass?

But, let me dumb it down to 130 IQ level... This quantum crap are smaller, much small than a single atom, even smaller than an electron. You're the on who claims they are fast. Faster than the speed of light. How do you do anything with something that is smaller than you instruments? Or measure something that moves faster than the resolution of the sensors/equipment?

IQ is not optional, either it exists or it does not exist, if it does not exist you will not be able to comprehend, as you do not. Educating you is not my purpose as obviously all before me have failed

ULTRA MAGA

17-05-2023 00:27
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:But, let me dumb it down to 130 IQ level... This quantum crap are smaller, much small than a single atom, even smaller than an electron. You're the on who claims they are fast. Faster than the speed of light. How do you do anything with something that is smaller than you instruments? Or measure something that moves faster than the resolution of the sensors/equipment?

How do you base a computer around something that you can't find and wouldn't be able to store if you could?

Copy/paste/regurgitate,and hope nobody notices, or has a higher than average IQ, or an actual education to go with it...

Still seems odd that theoretic physics went from a parlor game, to a quantum computer pretty quick, with so little played with in between. If you had a new toy qubit in hand, there would be a lot of nerds and geeks playing with it, much like themselves...
17-05-2023 01:47
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Copy/paste/regurgitate,and hope nobody notices, or has a higher than average IQ, or an actual education to go with it...

Still seems odd that theoretic physics went from a parlor game, to a quantum computer pretty quick, with so little played with in between. If you had a new toy qubit in hand, there would be a lot of nerds and geeks playing with it, much like themselves...

If you had an IQ you would be able to comprehend both qubits and entanglement. Nothing is lost for the World by your averageness

ULTRA MAGA

17-05-2023 07:39
(5197)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

If you had an IQ you would be able to comprehend both qubits and entanglement. Nothing is lost for the World by your averageness

Best you can do... I don't just blindly accept anything on faith of the 'holy experts'. I understand the difference between reality, and fantasy. You have the 'magic' qubit, but everything else to make the 'magic' happen is still mainstream hardware and software. Qubits are generated. Qubit scan be differentiated from any other qubit. Qubits can be instruct to entangle with a specific qubit. Each qubit can be configured to perform computational operations. A qubit is multi-functional, and can do anything on can imagine. Basically all reads like fantasy, what could be done. Not what's actually been done.
17-05-2023 15:41
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Best you can do... I don't just blindly accept anything on faith of the 'holy experts'. I understand the difference between reality, and fantasy. You have the 'magic' qubit, but everything else to make the 'magic' happen is still mainstream hardware and software. Qubits are generated. Qubit scan be differentiated from any other qubit. Qubits can be instruct to entangle with a specific qubit. Each qubit can be configured to perform computational operations. A qubit is multi-functional, and can do anything on can imagine. Basically all reads like fantasy, what could be done. Not what's actually been done.

It is not my fault that you do not have the IQ to comprehend modern science. However, in your favor, Einstein was so dumb that he discovered entanglement and still didn't believe it. So, science proved correct in that entanglement is real, and wrong that nothing moves faster than light as the moron Einstoopud claimed. Einstoopud was also wrong that the universe was not expanding, yet clowns hold him up as a god.

ULTRA MAGA

Join the debate Quantum entanglement of photons doubles microscope resolution:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
U.N. Resolution 1813317-11-2023 01:03
Quantum entanglement visualized for the first time ever1407-10-2023 19:05
IBM quantum experience7213-09-2023 19:48
Better than Quantum Computing525-07-2023 00:11
QUANTUM COMPUTING ON A COMMODORE 64 IN 200 LINES OF BASIC305-07-2023 18:48
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact