Remember me
▼ Content

Perpetual Motion

Page 2 of 3<123>
03-12-2023 20:06
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
This is how I'm creating a 23º bend in the levers. This will have them start rotating a little earlier and at the top of the Peacock's Tails they'll rotate more. This will allow the lever to rotate the cam/hoist 90º.
If I want to increase the height the weights are lifted, it would be by adding an extension on to the "kennel" so the skids riding on the rollers will be further from the levers.
I should also have them stained today as well. It looks like it'll be Tuesday before I mount them on the frame.
Attached image:

06-12-2023 05:02
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
This is what the build looks like so far. I need to design what Bessler called a kennel. It goes around the levers that rotates the hoist/cam to lift the weights.
I'm not sure where I'm going to position them yet. These are basically the last details I need to work out. I need to find out how the tow line changes lengths.
Since it'll be ahead of the kennels it will go from being on one side of the hoist/cam
to its other side.
I'm hoping to be able to let Saxony, Germany know about it in time for Christmas.
Then I can plan on leaving the U.S. since Christians are basically thieves. Darwin on religion (and not steroids) is another way to consider them.
And as Alan Bauldree has assured me,if I don't give him my life because he's a typical Christian then he'll make sure to ruin it for me. I hear too much of that from Christians so he's been telling me nothing new, just affirming what it means to be a Christian.
Attached image:

06-12-2023 19:30
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
If anyone is curious, designing this basically as I'm building it is a challenge.
13-01-2024 19:19
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

James

The answers you have got from the two other guys are actually more competent than I had expected.

So why don't they help.?

Maybe when you are trying to break the laws of physics it won't help to tell you about the laws of physics.
Or at least it has to be in a very simple way that involves common sense to a degree where you end up laughing at it yourself.

Or maybe you've been bullied so much that you've become stubborn.
I see only a few reasons to get mad at the job, and it's not because you're trying to break the laws of physics.
Nor is it because you are wasting time on something impossible.
It's only if you try to trick people by giving them false hopes.
You're not the only one who does, and these false hopes can help delay progress in other areas that actually work.
It can get really ugly when they keep an invention secret and look for investors. But fortunately you are not that type, so I still see hope for you.
It seems to me that you are so honest that it will fall into place for you when you get further on with your work, but to minimize both your own and other people's disappointment, I would probably recommend that you change your approach a bit here and there.
And with a change you might be able to find success on other fields you didn't expect.

­
13-01-2024 20:53
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

James

1)

In theory, it is possible to create a perpetual motion defined as a motion that can go on forever.
According to Newtons 1. law you just have to start the motion and after that never subject it to a resultant force.

If you want a wheel to come close to that you just need to reduce friction as much as possible.

I guess a magnetic bearing is a way to go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmTk2Hfqick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRvn3iM9OJY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZZrw3zsmaM

And then you put the wheel into an airless space to avoid air resistance.

I believe this principle is used in some units to store wind energy for a shorter time.

2)

Creating an eternity machine defined as a machine that can produce energy out of nothing is according to the theories not possible.

So there is a huge difference between 1 and 2

Does that help clarifying anything.?

­
13-01-2024 21:57
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

On the picture this looks to me as a fine peace of art with an educational potential:

It also looks like it wants to spin by itself. Have you figured out why it doesn't.?

Maybe I have a simple explanation, and if you realize it you will laugh and save a lot of time on other attempts.

Do you want it.?

­
16-01-2024 14:07
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Jakob wrote:
­

On the picture this looks to me as a fine peace of art with an educational potential:

It also looks like it wants to spin by itself. Have you figured out why it doesn't.?

Maybe I have a simple explanation, and if you realize it you will laugh and save a lot of time on other attempts.

Do you want it.?

­

Your friend Swan, aka AB Hammer already gave it to me. I have a really stupid question for you, if you need surgery your not allowed to have, what would you do? Swan aka AB Hammer advocates suicide. What do you think? That's the simple answer. And if I commit suicide then your friend Swan can post my work as his. That's his goal/objective. Why he attacks me. Bye
Attached image:

16-01-2024 19:38
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

James_ wrote:
Your friend Swan, aka AB Hammer already gave it to me.

Okay, since you already got what you want for the wheel, I won't bother you with more.

James_ wrote:
I have a really stupid question for you, if you need surgery your not allowed to have, what would you do?

It all depends on what kind of surgery.
My situation is more like the opposite, that I will say no thanks to operations that I could be offered. It could be cosmetic surgery, gender reassignment surgery and possibly lobotomy. lol

James_ wrote:
Swan aka AB Hammer advocates suicide. What do you think? That's the simple answer. And if I commit suicide then your friend Swan can post my work as his. That's his goal/objective. Why he attacks me.

I don't believe that at all. I think you should lower your expectations about the wheel, stop the swan blame, try to cheer up and be happy about your work, even when it fails. With your skills you can always find another hobby.

­
18-01-2024 09:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­

James

The answers you have got from the two other guys are actually more competent than I had expected.

So why don't they help.?

Maybe when you are trying to break the laws of physics it won't help to tell you about the laws of physics.
Or at least it has to be in a very simple way that involves common sense to a degree where you end up laughing at it yourself.

Or maybe you've been bullied so much that you've become stubborn.
I see only a few reasons to get mad at the job, and it's not because you're trying to break the laws of physics.
Nor is it because you are wasting time on something impossible.
It's only if you try to trick people by giving them false hopes.
You're not the only one who does, and these false hopes can help delay progress in other areas that actually work.
It can get really ugly when they keep an invention secret and look for investors. But fortunately you are not that type, so I still see hope for you.
It seems to me that you are so honest that it will fall into place for you when you get further on with your work, but to minimize both your own and other people's disappointment, I would probably recommend that you change your approach a bit here and there.
And with a change you might be able to find success on other fields you didn't expect.
­

Hilarious. You deny the 1st law of thermodynamics, claiming that a Magick Holy Gas can somehow warm the Earth by it's mere presence, yet berate James for building a wheel that does the same thing as your own argument!

You are locked in paradox now, Jakob. You cannot argue both sides of a paradox. It's irrational.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-01-2024 09:10
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­

James

1)

In theory, it is possible to create a perpetual motion defined as a motion that can go on forever.
According to Newtons 1. law you just have to start the motion and after that never subject it to a resultant force.

If you want a wheel to come close to that you just need to reduce friction as much as possible.

I guess a magnetic bearing is a way to go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmTk2Hfqick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRvn3iM9OJY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZZrw3zsmaM

And then you put the wheel into an airless space to avoid air resistance.

I believe this principle is used in some units to store wind energy for a shorter time.

2)

Creating an eternity machine defined as a machine that can produce energy out of nothing is according to the theories not possible.

So there is a huge difference between 1 and 2

Does that help clarifying anything.?

­

Apparently not with you. You are still locked in your paradox.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-01-2024 01:07
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

Into the Night wrote:
Hilarious. You deny the 1st law of thermodynamics, claiming that a Magick Holy Gas can somehow warm the Earth by it's mere presence, yet berate James for building a wheel that does the same thing as your own argument!

You are locked in paradox now, Jakob. You cannot argue both sides of a paradox. It's irrational.

No, it is just you not being as clever, as I wanted to believe.

Try sleeping without a blanket tonight. Maybe that will help you understand the difference.

On the other hand if you are on this level, there might not be any hope for you ever to understand:

Into the Night wrote:
Heat is not energy.

And about 2) I think I owe James to say that it is correctly against the laws of physics.
However as far as I know it is one of those laws that has only been proven through experiments.

­
20-01-2024 06:48
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
Into the Night wrote:

No, it is just you not being as clever, as I wanted to believe.

What is 'clever' about ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics???
Jakob wrote:
­Try sleeping without a blanket tonight. Maybe that will help you understand the difference.

Blankets are not a source of energy. They are also not a gas or a vapor. Putting a blanket on a rock will not make the rock warmer.
Jakob wrote:
­On the other hand if you are on this level, there might not be any hope for you ever to understand:

I understand the Church of Global Warming quite well. Better than you do, in fact. You think you are the first True Believer in the Church of Global Warming??
Jakob wrote:
­
Into the Night wrote:
Heat is not energy.

And about 2) I think I owe James to say that it is correctly against the laws of physics.
However as far as I know it is one of those laws that has only been proven through experiments.

It is not possible to prove any theory True.
Science has no proofs. It is an open functional system. Proofs only exist in a closed functional system. Science does not use supporting evidence. Only religions do that.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 20-01-2024 06:52
21-01-2024 01:50
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
I'm strengthening the frame right now. This is a prototype. I only have to do this on 4 arms. There are oak pieces that will have the dowel go through it. This has to do with how stress moves through the arm, this will give it more area to act on. Then kennel pieces are almost finished. How the wheel uses leverage will be different. This also allows for f(x) = ∫ Δy/Δx. I think mathematicians will eat this up. It'll give them a chance to make math relevant when discussing this.
Attached image:

Edited on 21-01-2024 01:52
21-01-2024 13:03
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­­

Into the Night wrote:
The Parrot Killer

You have a parrot in your own profile.

A parrot can sound clever and garner recognition when, in the right context, it can recite one of the laws of physics.

However when the parrot then later repeats the same teaching in all possible misplaced contexts, then you suddenly understand that it is only a stupid noisy parrot, which cannot develop anything, but only acts as a disturbance to any reasonable understanding.
And things go all wrong for the parrot when it has learned to say something that is never true.

You can often see the same in people who lack a logical sense of physics, but still want to, and therefore try to learn by heart.

­
21-01-2024 13:10
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

James

I'm curious to see the wheel running to understand the idea, even if you have to give it a helping hand.

­
21-01-2024 13:10
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­­

Into the Night wrote:
The Parrot Killer

You have a parrot in your own profile.

Because I'm the parrot killer.
Jakob wrote:
A parrot can sound clever and garner recognition when, in the right context, it can recite one of the laws of physics.

There is no 'context' necessary.
Jakob wrote:
However when the parrot then later repeats the same teaching in all possible misplaced contexts,

There is no 'context' necessary. The laws of physics always apply, everywhere in the Universe, all the time.
Jakob wrote:
then you suddenly understand that it is only a stupid noisy parrot, which cannot develop anything, but only acts as a disturbance to any reasonable understanding.

YOU are the one denying the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law. You cannot blame YOUR problem on me or anybody else.
Jakob wrote:
And things go all wrong for the parrot when it has learned to say something that is never true.

You can often see the same in people who lack a logical sense of physics, but still want to, and therefore try to learn by heart.
­

So you openly deny physics. You also openly deny logic. Logic isn't physics.

The Parrot Killer

21-01-2024 13:13
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­

James

I'm curious to see the wheel running to understand the idea, even if you have to give it a helping hand.

­

You can see videos of Bessler Wheels already.
The one James is building is no different, other than being a relatively nice looking one.

Perpetual motion machines of the 1st order are not possible. You cannot create energy out of nothing.

The Parrot Killer

21-01-2024 14:08
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­­

Into the Night wrote:

There is no 'context' necessary.

Another surefire false claim that proves my point.
If it was that simple you would only needed one law to cover all systems in all situations.

­
RE: Strengthening the Frame21-01-2024 20:49
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
The oak pieces were there along with a dowel. I am adding a dowel insert on 4 arms. Then the mount for the tow rod for the kennel. It's getting closer to being finished, within 3 weeks hopefully.
Edited on 21-01-2024 20:51
22-01-2024 14:57
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
This is what I'm talking about. An oak board will be on top of and below where the dowel is. I've weakened the arm/spar and now I am strengthening it. Next I'll drill the screw holes and the dowel mount for the kennel tow bar.
Once those are finished then all that will be left is finishing the mounts for the
peacock's tails (not the reversible wheel) and the kennels and "THEIR" levers. They'll have levers as well as will ride on a level. I'll need to determine how many
fasteners (screws) I'll need to finish assembling everything. That will come first.
Attached image:

26-01-2024 01:43
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
With where I'm at with the build, I have to ask what needs to be done for the Final Assembly. This is also a part of counting screws. I'll be able to factor
f(x) = Δy/Δx for how leverage will have 2 different limits. Then it becomes
f(x) = ∫∫ Δy/Δx, the 2 ∫ shows there are 2 sets of upper and lower limits.
Then I'll be on to see if I can use it for the Earth/Moon system to orbit the Sun. I'll be suggesting that the faster the Earth spins on its axis the slower it orbits the Sun. Then it gets complicated. What might be unique is when I create an equation for Bessler's Wheel, I might use 3 or 4 different equations. And then for any rotation of the wheel, all monitored values will have a specified change.
And then the power that a wheel can generate will be known. At the same time, does how fast the Earth spins on its axis influences how much the Sun's orbital velocity of gravity can push the Earth (or pull it around the Sun in its orbit).
26-01-2024 02:29
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
I think what some people will like is when I use the inverse square law similar to how Keppler used it when he made his observations. That's what Newton used for understanding gravity and gravitational attraction. And with each quadrant I'll be able to create 3 points based on f(x) = Δy/Δx
And what I'll need to do is to subtract the Sun's velocity. This is where synchronizing 3 or 4 equations will simplify everything as to what force(s) are being considered. And at the end of the day this is just like doing Soduku which I'm not very good at.
26-01-2024 13:47
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

James

When you are done I have another also impossible but I think much better challenge for you.

­
26-01-2024 17:13
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
The build is going well and I am working out the last detail. It'll be different than what people are used to seeing but will be a pretty neat trick to get it to work right. I'll be able to do a couple of mock ups just clamping wood together. That'll let me know what will work.
26-01-2024 17:16
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Jakob wrote:
­

James

When you are done I have another also impossible but I think much better challenge for you.

­

Is that getting you out of my life Alan? What was it you told me? You'll never allow me to say no to you because you will control my soul. How's that working out for you? Don't worry, when you're known publicly for saying you'll own me to go with
a long list of forum owners, moderators and forum members who support you.
These guys have to tolerate you because banning a homosexual looking for love is against forum rules. You should talk to a psychiatrist about your "little" secret.
26-01-2024 19:33
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

James_

You must be going out of your mind again now.
But please don't get me bogged down in your Alan paranoia.
The challenge was just an idea, which you have now declined before knowing what it was, but I can promise you it wasn't about sex.
I think you are a nice fellow but not in that way, and we can play but not not that kind of game.
If you are looking for a sex partner, then I must tell you that you have entered the wrong forum.

­
28-01-2024 01:40
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­
James_

"Alan" is your own middle name, right.?
What would happen if you asked the state to erase "Alan" from your name.?

­
28-01-2024 08:28
(21628)
James_ wrote:
I think what some people will like is when I use the inverse square law similar to how Keppler used it when he made his observations. That's what Newton used for understanding gravity and gravitational attraction. And with each quadrant I'll be able to create 3 points based on f(x) = Δy/Δx
And what I'll need to do is to subtract the Sun's velocity. This is where synchronizing 3 or 4 equations will simplify everything as to what force(s) are being considered. And at the end of the day this is just like doing Soduku which I'm not very good at.

Kepler didn't use the inverse square law in his equations or his observations.
Newton did, treating each mass as a point center of gravity.
What speed of the Sun are you using? Relative to what?

Random statements are not simplifying anything.

The Parrot Killer

28-01-2024 15:55
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:

The Sun's velocity is about 251 km/s. They can use the position of distant stars.
This is where the parallax view allows for trigonometry to determine 2 angles of a right sided triangle. This allows the Sun's positioned to be plotted as it moves within the Milky Way galaxy.
Kepler did. I think he actually used to it to show time and distance. Does the math agree with the motion? This gets into Newton's work. Why discussing science should be allowed.
28-01-2024 17:31
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
With my build, I like the one step approach. It is a lot of work and for the Final Assembly, everything needs to be within tolerance. I'm currently working on the kennel or hoop as Bessler called them. The wood between the 2 sides has to have a minimum thickness because screws will be passing through that wood.
And when those are finished and the wheels can be mounted in them, then I will mount 2 kennels/hoops onto the crossbeams. And I need to consider what support will keep the levers parallel to each other. This is a prototype so it is being developed as I am building it.
The image is a weight wheel design. The kennels/hoops will have one top and one bottom wheel. Leverage will keep them on the lever. And by building this way, I have time to slow down and relax. With what I have to say about science, considering gravity has energy will change physics. Then how does that energy affect both the Van Allen radiation belts and the tropopause?

p.s., I'll probably start doing a math review while doing more calculus. This way it'll be easier for me to work on equations for making models from. And I do plan on making spreadsheets so the copy and paste function will save me both time and work. Most of the work will have certain set values so how to account for them?
And this does get into Natural Climate Variance.
Attached image:

Edited on 28-01-2024 17:40
28-01-2024 21:54
(21628)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:

The Sun's velocity is about 251 km/s.

Relative to what?
James_ wrote:
They can use the position of distant stars.

The stars are not stationary. Which one?
James_ wrote:
This is where the parallax view allows for trigonometry to determine 2 angles of a right sided triangle. This allows the Sun's positioned to be plotted as it moves within the Milky Way galaxy.

The Milky Way galaxy is not stationary. Which star do you want to use?
James_ wrote:
Kepler did.

None of Kepler's laws are based on the inverse square law.
James_ wrote:
I think he actually used to it to show time and distance.

He didn't.
James_ wrote:
Does the math agree with the motion?

Kepler never observed the motion of the galaxy or the Sun.
James_ wrote:
This gets into Newton's work. Why discussing science should be allowed.

You are not discussing science. You are making random buzzwords out of some theories of science to 'sound smart', all while denying theories of science, such as the 1st law of thermodynamics. You cannot create energy out of nothing, no matter how pretty your woodwork is.

The Parrot Killer

28-01-2024 21:59
(21628)
James_ wrote:
With what I have to say about science, considering gravity has energy will change physics.

You aren't talking about science. Gravity is not a form of energy.
James_ wrote:
Then how does that energy affect both the Van Allen radiation belts and the tropopause?

The Van Allen belt is not in the atmosphere and doesn't affect the tropopause.
James_ wrote:
p.s., I'll probably start doing a math review while doing more calculus.

Math is much more than calculus. You seem to have a lot of trouble with simple algebra. You continually make unit errors in your posts.
James_ wrote:
This way it'll be easier for me to work on equations for making models from. And I do plan on making spreadsheets so the copy and paste function will save me both time and work.

Mathematics is not spreadsheet software.
James_ wrote:
Most of the work will have certain set values so how to account for them?

You'll make them up, like always. These are randU numbers...useless.
James_ wrote:
And this does get into Natural Climate Variance.

Climate has no 'variance'. Climate cannot change.

The Parrot Killer

31-01-2024 16:48
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:

That is an interesting point because Newton also did not observe the motion
of the solar system in the Milky Way galaxy (our galaxy). This allows for gravitational assist to be considered when considering the orbits of the planets.
https://science.nasa.gov/learn/basics-of-space-flight/primer/

If the Sun is not moving in a straight line then gravitational assist becomes a possibility. The Earth (as an example) is accelerated by the Sun moving away from it. Then when the Earth passes in "front" of the Sun, then the Earth's velocity is maintained because the orbital velocity around the Sun increases when a celestial mass/body is closer to it.
I think it's things like this that could make "earth sciences" more interesting.

p.s., Why I think the Sun's motion through the Milky Way galaxy is not in a straight line is because I think the Earth's orbit would be even more elliptical. There'd only be speeding up and slowing down like this orbit of Pluto. While it's a dwarf planet, why is its orbit so uniquely different?
Is it possible that the field that is the Milky Way galaxy influencing Pluto's orbit around the Sun because it is is the smallest, lightest mass that we can readily observe orbiting the Sun?
Attached image:

Edited on 31-01-2024 16:58
31-01-2024 23:26
(21628)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:

That is an interesting point because Newton also did not observe the motion
of the solar system in the Milky Way galaxy (our galaxy).

So?
James_ wrote:
This allows for gravitational assist to be considered when considering the orbits of the planets.
https://science.nasa.gov/learn/basics-of-space-flight/primer/

Planets orbit a sun, not a galaxy.
James_ wrote:
If the Sun is not moving in a straight line then gravitational assist becomes a possibility.

Irrelevant.
James_ wrote:
The Earth (as an example) is accelerated by the Sun moving away from it.

No, it isn't. The Sun isn't moving away from it.
James_ wrote:
Then when the Earth passes in "front" of the Sun, then the Earth's velocity is maintained because the orbital velocity around the Sun increases when a celestial mass/body is closer to it.

Nope. You are ignoring the Theory of Relativity and the results of the Michelson-Morley experiment now. False equivalence fallacy.
James_ wrote:
I think it's things like this that could make "earth sciences" more interesting.

The Earth his not the Galaxy.
James_ wrote:
p.s., Why I think the Sun's motion through the Milky Way galaxy is not in a straight line is because I think the Earth's orbit would be even more elliptical.

Nope. You are AGAIN ignoring the Theory of Relativity.
James_ wrote:
There'd only be speeding up and slowing down like this orbit of Pluto. While it's a dwarf planet, why is its orbit so uniquely different?

It isn't. Just further out.
James_ wrote:
Is it possible that the field that is the Milky Way galaxy influencing Pluto's orbit around the Sun because it is is the smallest, lightest mass that we can readily observe orbiting the Sun?

The Milky Way galaxy is not a field.

The Parrot Killer

03-02-2024 13:00
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
I have the initial holes drilled for these parts. They'll be assembled today.
I'll have most of what I wanted to have done before surgery on Monday. Then
after I start getting recovered then I can finish the build.
I might be able to make a video and posting it online today. If it works then it'll be a unique way to use leverage. Kind of like the Milky Way galaxy is a field. It's gravity interacts with the gravity's of other solar systems which is why there is a field called the Milky Way galaxy.
Attached image:

03-02-2024 14:59
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
And when I need to drill holes for screw locations, I use this handy chart.
I saved it as 0.png and that helps to make it easy to find because everything else starts higher or lower than 0 and that puts it at the beginning of the file where I saved it...
Attached image:

Edited on 03-02-2024 14:59
RE: Work I Am Doing13-02-2024 14:30
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
The white arrow pointing to tape is work I am doing this morning. I'll need to secure all but 1 or 2 sets of levers. Now I know I need to add 2 stabilizer rods between each set of levers. This means that I get to align all 8 sets of levers.
That is something that will help to ensure this build works. Since this is a prototype, AFTER it works then it can be disassemble. Then parts can be detailed
(trimmed/deburred or stained) and the wheel reassembled. This way I can try to build a prototype worth showing.
I have to build a fixture for drilling/spot facing all of the levers. Then there will be seats for round dowels. With a rectangular dowel then it will be twist resistant.
The lever on each side of a rectangle will want to stay 90º perpendicular to the
rectangular dowel. This is work.
I am understanding what the structure/frame works needs to support the function of the wheel. And with moving/rotating parts, 90º perpendicular to the movement of rotation is normal but not required. It's how force is calculated.
And when I decide on the spacing of the kennels (what the levers go through) then I'll know how long the spacer between kennels needs to be. These will probably be the next steps I take in building. This will be about making how all of the parts align more important.

p.s., I'll need to shorten the levers to clear the other hoist. This is getting close to being finished and while I am recovering from surgery 8 days ago. I'm still sore.
And with the axle/lag bolt hole locations, when 2 hoists are connected through their levers then they can become the drill guide. Then the levers will rotate parallel with the frame of the wheel.

p.s.s.s., Johann Bessler (circa 1680-1743) wanted to start a Christian/Engineering school. In a sense today, my work on his wheel if successful would allow it to be used in teaching math, science and history.
Attached image:

Edited on 13-02-2024 14:39
RE: See? I Am Doing Work!13-02-2024 15:00
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
The weight lifted creates the same amount of torque. How to consider work vs
leverage? I keep it simple. With something like this, if I am moving something in
inches or cm then I use that frame of reference.
What this means is that when the under balanced position of the weight rotates about 1 (unit of measurement) then it does the work of torque x distance. This is
a working or null hypothesis. And if I'm right then it will probably become part of
an equation to calculate net torque. It might be where they start the design of a wheel (assuming my build works), how much gross power do you want?
The frame is dead weight like a flywheel. Where energy can be saved. How efficient are designs? Backyard Engineering might be getting a boost.

p.s., This is work. That other stuff with gravity? Just asking Swa'd's opinion.
Attached image:

RE: And The Next Step Is.....13-02-2024 17:32
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
I'll need to make rectangular parts like those between the levers. I'll also
need a 3rd rectangle between the "elbows" but at 90º to the other 2 rectangles.
This will help the levers to stay square (90º to everything) so they can be tracks
for the lever assembly to ride on.
Attached image:

RE: With MT 26 There's.....13-02-2024 17:43
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
With Mt 26, there's a pulley missing. It goes to the right or left oft he hub. It reverses the direction of C. With MT 138 (not shown) when a sledge hammer is lifted, a weight moves away from the hub (pictogram).
When the lever rotates away from the hub a weight (c) moves away from the
hub. And I'll be attaching some lines to the kennels as well. That might be what
the lines in the drawing represent.
And "c" are weight wheels, the same as what I am building. And levers rotating
move the weight wheels. What allows for motion?
Attached image:

Edited on 13-02-2024 17:46
Page 2 of 3<123>

Join the debate Perpetual Motion:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Watching the Train Wreck in Slow Motion92308-04-2024 15:53
Perpetual Motion Isn't Possible12031-12-2023 13:00
LOL, this video is of a Bessler Wheel demonstrating a complete lack of perpetual motion011-12-2023 20:44
If Only Perpetual Motion Was Possible 424-10-2023 23:19
Perpetual Motion025-03-2023 04:08
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact