Remember me
▼ Content

Our Fragile Planet

Page 3 of 7<12345>>>
09-09-2019 20:24
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14507)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:...you simply will not include the prepositional phrase "until we can find out what is going on" (0:00:13-0:00:15)
Wrong as usual (link):
tmiddles wrote:
[quote]IBdaMann wrote:
...are you asking if I claim that Trump called for temporary travel restrictions ...

Nope. I'm asking if this quote "He's calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on."

So the issue of your dishonesty has not changed. You switch back and forth between "Trump's message" and a single string of text removed of context. You brazenly conflate the two just so you can see how many times someone will repeat the explanation of your error.

I'm not going to do it anymore. You are lying. You are intentionally distorting Trump's message through this conflation, just as you assign ridiculous positions to Into the Night and myself while attacking us for those absurd positions that we do not have.

We just have to recognize that you are hopelessly dishonest and that there is little hope in carrying on any sort of productive conversation with you. You kill threads and then accuse others of killing those threads.

So now that you have exposed yourself for what you are, let's just dispense with the pretense that you actually want to discuss something and engage in petty personal insults.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-09-2019 23:08
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:..."Trump's message" and a single string of text removed of context. You brazenly conflate the two just

Yeah your fantasy that you can have Trump NOT have said something because he said other stuff too is absurd.

Trump is a wild man. His opinion can change mid sentence. In 1999 he was once VERY pro choice remember?

But this is about Trump in as much as insanity is a topic that swirls around him.

I posted an excerpt from Trumps own 30 second spot. It is unaltered in any way. To claim it's not the truth and a lie is to announce your own madness.

It's a fact. As is your denial of reality.

What you and ITN don't realize is that it's you are both describing in detail how you, and those like you, are just plain crazy! That's the story here. Not global warming or Trump.
09-09-2019 23:22
(14507)
tmiddles wrote:I posted a [very brief] excerpt [omitting context] from Trumps own 30 second spot [to then claim that it is his "message"]

Yes, I know. You are dishonest.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
10-09-2019 01:42
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:I posted a [very brief] excerpt [omitting context] from Trumps own 30 second spot [to then claim that it is his "message"]

Now that is a lie. I posted a link to the entire video multiple times. If you have context from the 30-second spot you think sheds more light on the statement that Trump wanted to ban Muslims from the country feel free to post it here. You can't bring up something that happened 6 months later and then claim its context.

Really the important thing to note is that you called this honest. I was completely factually correct in everything that I said. You have yet to point out how I was not.

You simply want to change reality and to what you wish it was.
10-09-2019 01:42
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:

Now that is a lie. I posted a link to the entire video multiple times. If you have context from the 30-second spot you think sheds more light on the statement that Trump wanted to ban Muslims from the country feel free to post it here. You can't bring up something that happened 6 months later and then claim its context.

Really the important thing to note is that you called this honest. I was completely factually correct in everything that I said. You have yet to point out how I was not.

You simply want to change reality and to what you wish it was.
10-09-2019 02:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21870)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:..."Trump's message" and a single string of text removed of context. You brazenly conflate the two just

Yeah your fantasy that you can have Trump NOT have said something because he said other stuff too is absurd.

Trump is a wild man. His opinion can change mid sentence. In 1999 he was once VERY pro choice remember?

But this is about Trump in as much as insanity is a topic that swirls around him.

I posted an excerpt from Trumps own 30 second spot. It is unaltered in any way. To claim it's not the truth and a lie is to announce your own madness.

Not a fact. Learn what 'fact' means. You don't know what 'reality' means. Buzzword fallacies. Use English, it works better.
tmiddles wrote:
What you and ITN don't realize is that it's you are both describing in detail how you, and those like you, are just plain crazy! That's the story here. Not global warming or Trump.

No, you're just a liar, that is now losing the ability to converse in English.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 10-09-2019 02:21
10-09-2019 02:31
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...To claim it's not the truth and a lie is to announce your own madness.
Not a fact.
So you're claiming Donald Trump didn't approve that message? That it's NOT his first campaign ad from 2016?
10-09-2019 02:54
(21870)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...To claim it's not the truth and a lie is to announce your own madness.
Not a fact.
So you're claiming Donald Trump didn't approve that message? That it's NOT his first campaign ad from 2016?

Repetitious lie by cherry picking.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-09-2019 03:25
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:

That's not a thing. Cherry picking would mean by definition it's not a fabrication.

Insanity fallacy on your part. Do me a favor. Look in the mirror, full eye contact, and tell yourself Donald Trump never tried to ban Muslims from the country. Let me know if your eyes twitch or something.
10-09-2019 03:38
(21870)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

That's not a thing. Cherry picking would mean by definition it's not a fabrication.

Insanity fallacy on your part. Do me a favor. Look in the mirror, full eye contact, and tell yourself Donald Trump never tried to ban Muslims from the country. Let me know if your eyes twitch or something.

Redefinition fallacy (cherry picking<->void). Contextomy fallacy. Buzzword fallacy. No eye twitched.

The Parrot Killer

10-09-2019 03:49
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
No eye twitched.

You cannot distinguish what is real from what is not. No heavy machinery for you and wear a hard hat.
10-09-2019 04:48
(21870)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
No eye twitched.

You cannot distinguish what is real from what is not. No heavy machinery for you and wear a hard hat.

Have one, thanks. I use if for my explosives work.

The Parrot Killer

10-09-2019 06:20
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2946)
tmiddles wrote:
Nope. I'm asking if this quote "He's calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on." read over this image, is a reality you deny.

So I went to do some online banking today. Damnit if I didn't screw up my passwords 3 times!!!

You know what the bank did? They banned me from using their services forever....oh, wait. I'm only banned until I call them to answer some security questions and have my access restored. I'm over it already. Matter of fact I think I will thank them for protecting my assets when I call tomorrow.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 10-09-2019 06:56
10-09-2019 06:23
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:the bank ...banned me...

So which is it. Did he try to ban Muslims and it's no big deal? or he never even tried?

I think a lot of people who aren't persecuted don't think it's a big deal when other groups are. It's easy like that.

Having a religious test for entry into the county is what it is, as is the man behind it.
10-09-2019 06:53
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2946)
tmiddles wrote:
[quote]GasGuzzler wrote:the bank ...banned me...

tmiddles wrote:So which is it. Did he try to ban Muslims and it's no big deal? or he never even tried?
Neither.

tmiddles wrote:I think a lot of people who aren't persecuted don't think it's a big deal when other groups are. It's easy like that.
...and I think too many people run around whining and complaining and looking for ways to be offended...all the while sitting on a bounty of opportunity and utterly wasting it.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
10-09-2019 07:41
(21870)
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Nope. I'm asking if this quote "He's calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on." read over this image, is a reality you deny.

So I went to do some online banking today. Damnit if I didn't screw up my passwords 3 times!!!

You know what the bank did? They banned me from using their services forever....oh, wait. I'm only banned until I call them to answer some security questions and have my access restored. I'm over it already. Matter of fact I think I will thank them for protecting my assets when I call tomorrow.

Oops!

Glad you got it straightened out!

The Parrot Killer

10-09-2019 07:42
(21870)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:the bank ...banned me...

So which is it. Did he try to ban Muslims and it's no big deal? or he never even tried?

I think a lot of people who aren't persecuted don't think it's a big deal when other groups are. It's easy like that.

Having a religious test for entry into the county is what it is, as is the man behind it.

Lie. Repetitious questions already answered.

The Parrot Killer

10-09-2019 07:51
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:...all the while sitting on a bounty of opportunity and utterly wasting it.
We have an opportunity to keep our country free of BS like the threat of a religious test for entry. More importantly we can fight for a country were truth, honesty and a firm grip on reality remain the norm. When the truth is called a lie that is threatened. When real news is dismissed as "fake news" you should be worried.

So Gas Guzzler. Maybe you're willing to parse the insanity for me here. How did I "distort" or "lie" in presenting Trump's own 30 second spot and the video frame below:

Is posting that frame of video a lie?!? I mean I didn't Photoshop anything. Did I miss the point of his commercial? Because I'm pretty sure that was the main point.
10-09-2019 07:58
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2946)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:...all the while sitting on a bounty of opportunity and utterly wasting it.
We have an opportunity to keep our country free of BS like the threat of a religious test for entry. More importantly we can fight for a country were truth, honesty and a firm grip on reality remain the norm. When the truth is called a lie that is threatened. When real news is dismissed as "fake news" you should be worried.

So Gas Guzzler. Maybe you're willing to parse the insanity for me here. How did I "distort" or "lie" in presenting Trump's own 30 second spot and the video frame below:

Is posting that frame of video a lie?!? I mean I didn't Photoshop anything. Did I miss the point of his commercial? Because I'm pretty sure that was the main point.

You called it a ban on Muslims. That would actually be offensive.
You never called it a temporary travel ban on people from Muslim countries...the people that have been slaughtering Americans. What's not to get? What's offensive about keeping the US safe? He's doing his job, some thing we're not used to from most politicians.

10-09-2019 08:28
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:So Gas Guzzler. Maybe you're willing to parse...
______
You called it a ban on Muslims That would actually be offensive.
You never called it a temporary travel ban on people from Muslim countries...the people that have been slaughtering Americans. What's not to get? What's offensive about keeping the US safe? He's doing his job, some thing we're not used to from most politicians.

Oh man, this is just too rich! You guys are amazing.

OK as it's only a 30 sec spot I'm going to give the whole transcript:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UoQff8MMVM
"I'm Donald Trump and I approve this message.

The politicians can pretend it's something else but Donald Trump calls it radical islamic terrorism.

That's why he's calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on.

He'll quickly cut the heads off ISIS and take their oil.

And he'll stop illegal imigration by building a wall on our southern border that Mexico will pay for.

We will make america great again."

That's everything exactly as it's said in the 30 second spot.

So I'm ready! Lay it on me. What do you see there that somehow changes the message "Ban on Muslims" ??
10-09-2019 15:24
(14507)
tmiddles wrote:So I'm ready! Lay it on me. What do you see there that somehow changes the message "Ban on Muslims" ??

"The politicians can pretend it's something else but Donald Trump calls it radical islamic terrorism, that's why he's calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on."

The message is "control our borders, make America safe again, make America great again."

Oh, and the message is clear. I would remind you that I'm sure everyone accepts the possibility that you really are too stupid to understand English.

So, looking into the possibility that perhaps the entire problem really is on your end, let's see if others on this board who have demonstrated sufficient English comprehension understood Trump's message as intended.

People of this board (except tmiddles and myself), did you understand Trump's message as something to the effect of "control our borders, make America safe again, make America great again" ... or did you understand it as "I hate all non-males and non-Christians, especially Muslims, in a Neo-Nazi, white-supremacist, fascist manner"?

Thank you for helping clear this up.

10-09-2019 16:23
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2946)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:So I'm ready! Lay it on me. What do you see there that somehow changes the message "Ban on Muslims" ??

"The politicians can pretend it's something else but Donald Trump calls it radical islamic terrorism, that's why he's calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on."

The message is "control our borders, make America safe again, make America great again."

Oh, and the message is clear. I would remind you that I'm sure everyone accepts the possibility that you really are too stupid to understand English.

So, looking into the possibility that perhaps the entire problem really is on your end, let's see if others on this board who have demonstrated sufficient English comprehension understood Trump's message as intended.

People of this board (except tmiddles and myself), did you understand Trump's message as something to the effect of "control our borders, make America safe again, make America great again" ... or did you understand it as "I hate all non-males and non-Christians, especially Muslims, in a Neo-Nazi, white-supremacist, fascist manner"?

Thank you for helping clear this up.

I understood what he said, as did millions of competent Americans...even some Liberals.

Look at the flip side. If he actually had said "let's ban Muslims from ever entering this country again" is there any way he is elected?

That would be total bigotry and I don't know if I could have pulled the lever for him. Bigot or Hilary....and conservatives stay home. Anyone else?

10-09-2019 16:33
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
This has been going on for a month or more... The missing keyword, is always, 'TEMPORARY'. Basically, there was little in the way of a test, to separate the radical terrorist, from traveling to America, like any other Muslim. And there are a lot of Muslims in the world. Maybe you do pay attention much to international news, but there are suicide bombings, car bombings, pretty much everyday in some countries. Those radical Islamic terrorists, kill non-radical Muslims, just as easily as anyone else. We don't want daily suicide bombings in America, we don't want any terror attacks, period. That's why G.W. Bush took the fight over to the Middle East. The TEMPORARY travel ban was good strategy, any terrorist who wanted/need to get to America for a 'special' event, would have needed to take an alternate route, through a non-banned country, which would have been marked on his passport, and a red-flag.

Securing the southern border is also important, since we catch illegal immigrants from countries all over the world, not just the Latin countries, which are the bulk, and what the democrats focus on. It concerns me some, and should be to most everyone else, that people that can afford airfare to countries south of our border, travel north, to illegal cross into America, should be able to afford to enter legally. Must be some reason they choose to break our laws. It's premeditated, planned out in advance, wouldn't it be in the interest of national security to stop that from happening? What are their other plans, the intend to break the law entering the country, what other laws are they planning to break? The ironic thing is that we've already spent more than twice the projected cost of a wall, on additional personnel, facilities, and services for detainees. Didn't really slow the flood much. Mexico is feeling the additional costs as well, and will likely consider working on the wall project eventually, keeping troops at the border is costing them some money too. Money and troops better used for other things. There will always be a need for any active presence on the border, but it'll be less. The ones that still persist to break our laws, aren't just walking through an open door, they have to force their way in, a much more serious offense, which should deter many of the more casual crossings.

Most every American understood Trump's message, and were that offended by it. It was a political campaign, and you should understand that everything thing he planned to do for this country would be attacked, and twisted, by the other candidates running for the same office. Those attacks never stopped, after the election results were confirmed. The House democrats, who are using their majority in office, to deny Trump, and the majority of Americans, who voted for the agenda laid out clearly, should be held accountable. Clearly an abuse of power, refusal to do the job they are paid to do. Whether or not you like the President, he got elected, and most people liked the ideas he proposed. Elected officials work for the American people, and like it or not, that's the agenda the voters wanted. Their job should be finding a way to make it happen. Any of us, who acted that way on our jobs, wouldn't be employed there very long...
10-09-2019 18:48
(21870)
I would say enough in America understood the message that it was about placing limits on Islamic terrorists and not all of Islam.

Enough to get him elected.

The only people calling Trump racist are themselves bigots and racists.

Such is the Democratic party.
11-09-2019 13:31
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:... the message is clear.
GasGuzzler wrote:
If he actually had said "let's ban Muslims from ever entering this country again" is there any way he is elected?
HarveyH55 wrote:
The missing keyword, is always, 'TEMPORARY'
Into the Night wrote:it was about placing limits on Islamic terrorists and not all of Islam.

Let's recap: I've been called a LIAR for stating that Trump called for a ban on Muslim's entering the country. This is how it started:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
The banning Muslim's from the country ad in 2016 was the first shock to the system.
No one banned Muslims. No one even tried.
Into the Night wrote:
TRUMP never tried to keep Muslims out of the Country
IBdaMann wrote:
What drugs are you smoking?
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:....Did he try to ban Muslims and it's no big deal? or he never even tried?
Neither.
Into the Night wrote:
Out of context. A lie by cherry picking.
HarveyH55 wrote:
It is a real commercial, I don't think anyone disputes that. But you are taking out of time, and context, for which it was presented originally.

From my first post I linked directly to Trump's video and now I've posted a transcript.

It is a FACT that the words TEMPORARY BAN ON MUSLIMS ENTERING THE U.S. are shown on screen and a FACT that the announcer says "That's why he's calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States".
I never distorted, photoshopped or otherwise falsified anything. The spot is 30 seconds long and the link easy to use.

If you can't have established facts at all
then all you have is hand waiving and BS!

And I haven't been the one going on about this. I mentioned it and ITN claimed it never happened. When someone makes a factually incorrect statement and calls me a liar it's understandable I would respond. And it's not cherry picking to point out something someone else claims doesn't exist.
Edited on 11-09-2019 13:59
11-09-2019 19:01
(5197)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
If he actually had said "let's ban Muslims from ever entering this country again" is there any way he is elected?
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:it was about placing limits on Islamic terrorists and not all of Islam.

Let's recap: I've been called a LIAR for stating that Trump called for a ban on Muslim's entering the country. This is how it started:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
The banning Muslim's from the country ad in 2016 was the first shock to the system.
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:....Did he try to ban Muslims and it's no big deal? or he never even tried?
Neither.
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
It is a real commercial, I don't think anyone disputes that. But you are taking out of time, and context, for which it was presented originally.

From my first post I linked directly to Trump's video and now I've posted a transcript.

It is a FACT that the words TEMPORARY BAN ON MUSLIMS ENTERING THE U.S. are shown on screen and a FACT that the announcer says "That's why he's calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States".
I never distorted, photoshopped or otherwise falsified anything. The spot is 30 seconds long and the link easy to use.

And I haven't been the one going on about this. I mentioned it and ITN claimed it never happened. When someone makes a factually incorrect statement and calls me a liar it's understandable I would respond. And it's not cherry picking to point out something someone else claims doesn't exist.

This is the first time you acknowledge the proposed ban was temporary, were before, you always referred to, or implied it was going to permanent. That was the basis of the whole argument. You also ignore the context in which the ad was delivered, since it was a campaign ad, and would require knowing a little bit about was going on at the time it ran. You could actually go back, and pull an ad from most any candidate, for any elected office, and make similar claims of unfit for office, even though the ad made sense to enough people, that the individual still got elected. Campaign ads are meant to get people fired up, and pay attention to one candidate over another. Most of the time those issues, or promises get forgotten, after the swearing in. Least Trump has fought to deliver on pretty much everything he campaigned for, right or wrong, and why he is going to win another 4 years. I also suspect the House democrats will introduce articles of impeachment in the next 6 months, purely to influence the election, even though the know there is no chance of success, they will hope to convince Trump supports their votes won't matter, or at least enough will stay home, they can squeeze out a victory in 2020. It will of course fail, and likely pull more votes over to Trump, and the demise of the democrat party, or at least weaken it to the point, it will take years to recover. The abuse of power can't go on forever...
11-09-2019 19:37
(21870)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Neither.
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

No, you're a liar. You are cherry picking.

The Parrot Killer

12-09-2019 02:41
(14507)
tmiddles wrote:Let's recap: I've been called a LIAR for stating that Trump called for a ban on Muslim's entering the country.

Let's recap: you are a LIAR for intentionally distorting Trump's message by insisting it is a small string of words without the full context and without the entire rest of the message.

Your insistence that the small string of words really was in fact a small, actual part of an ad does not change the extent to which you are distorting the message which is not the small string of words you insist it is.

12-09-2019 14:23
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:
This is the first time you acknowledge the proposed ban was TEMPORARY, were before, you always referred to, or implied it was going to permanent.

No that is simply false:
tmiddles wrote:
So this is why this is very relevant to the board as being able to distinguish reality from fantasy is critical:

Quote: "He's calling for a TEMPORARY shut down of Muslim's entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on."

These are the words of Trump in a campaign ad.

Is anyone here confused about these facts? They are facts you see. It's Trump saying this directly in a television spot.
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
It is taken out of context. Not a fact. An argument. Learn what a fact is.

So what's not a fact?

Is it a fact that this is Trump's video? Explain the context from the video I'm missing here:

Quote: "He's calling for a TEMPORARY shut down of Muslim's entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on."
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
There are some 375 different shark species

I think we actually see this the same way. It's all based on what you're calling a shark and what you're not.
Now had Trump said: "A TEMPORARY shut down of anyone entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on." It would be tavelers who are sharks.
"A TEMPORARY shut down of men entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on." then men would be sharks
and so on.
Again not all of them dangerous, but categorically different from everyone else. Because a sharks not a dolphin.
..../quote]
tmiddles wrote:
Rallying supports is the point. It's not a video that was made for you of course.

[quote]IBdaMann wrote:Please cite where I favor banning Muslims.

TRUMP begins with: "I approve this message":
Big words on the screen
" TEMPORARY BAN ON MUSLIMS ENTERING THE US"

Your response was:
IBdaMann wrote:
Trump's message was one of security for ....

So I took that as YOU approve of that message.

Edited on 12-09-2019 14:31
12-09-2019 14:25
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:
You could actually go back, and pull an ad from most any candidate, for any elected office, and make similar claims of unfit for office, ....

You have ignored how this came up. I mentioned I was shocked this ad was aired containing a call for a Muslim ban and ITN claimed it didn't exist.
12-09-2019 14:38
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
Let's recap: you are a LIAR for intentionally distorting Trump's message by insisting it is a small string of words without the full context and without the entire rest of the message.

Of course you have to claim without quoting as usual.

Now I have a proof that you and ITN have no coherent grasp on what a fact is or the truth.

If anyone wonders if you guys are sane this AMAZING display of impossible rationalizing settles the question quickly.
12-09-2019 16:59
(5197)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
You could actually go back, and pull an ad from most any candidate, for any elected office, and make similar claims of unfit for office, ....

You have ignored how this came up. I mentioned I was shocked this ad was aired containing a call for a Muslim ban and ITN claimed it didn't exist.

And as you did, when you started the fuss, you left out the 'TEMPORARY', and since you acknowledge that you were aware, your persistence is intentional. You wish to keep the argument going, by making the same omission. You are aware of the full message, but only want to use the part of it that you can start an argument. Lie of omission, you aren't confused on this point. I also believe you know how TV ads work. 30 seconds isn't enough time to go into detail on anything you are selling. The focus is on grabbing the viewer's attention, so they remember the product, and want to know more. Seems obvious, your intention is to distract people away from discussing any other topics, you don't control the flow, basically derail, and defuse. You aren't the only that uses these tactics either, but you are the only one who carries them over to other threads.
12-09-2019 17:41
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

There was never any call for a Muslim ban.
12-09-2019 19:45
(21870)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Lie. I never claimed the ad didn't exist, dumbass. Trump never called for a ban on Muslims. You are lying there too, by cherry picking.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 12-09-2019 19:46
13-09-2019 01:20
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:
And as you did, when you started the fuss, you left out the 'TEMPORARY', and since you acknowledge that you were aware, your persistence is intentional..

Harvey did you miss my response? You are dead wrong:
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
This is the first time you acknowledge the proposed ban was TEMPORARY, were before, you always referred to, or implied it was going to permanent.

No that is simply false:
tmiddles wrote:
So this is why this is very relevant to the board as being able to distinguish reality from fantasy is critical:

These are the words of Trump in a campaign ad.

Is anyone here confused about these facts? They are facts you see. It's Trump saying this directly in a television spot.
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
It is taken out of context. Not a fact. An argument. Learn what a fact is.

So what's not a fact?

Is it a fact that this is Trump's video? Explain the context from the video I'm missing here:

tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
There are some 375 different shark species

I think we actually see this the same way. It's all based on what you're calling a shark and what you're not.
Now had Trump said: "A TEMPORARY shut down of anyone entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on." It would be tavelers who are sharks.
"A TEMPORARY shut down of men entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on." then men would be sharks
and so on.
Again not all of them dangerous, but categorically different from everyone else. Because a sharks not a dolphin.
..../quote]
tmiddles wrote:
Rallying supports is the point. It's not a video that was made for you of course.

[quote]IBdaMann wrote:Please cite where I favor banning Muslims.

TRUMP begins with: "I approve this message":
Big words on the screen
" TEMPORARY BAN ON MUSLIMS ENTERING THE US"

Your response was:
IBdaMann wrote:
Trump's message was one of security for ....

So I took that as YOU approve of that message.
13-09-2019 01:20
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
Lie. I never claimed the ad didn't exist,

I said there was a Trump ad calling for a ban on Muslims And you denied that the ad did that. I linked to the ad so yeah you were just claiming then and now that calling for a 'ban on Muslims" is "no one even tried" for a "ban on Muslims"

gfm7175 wrote:

In the commercial Trump is calling for one. Literally.

calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States
Edited on 13-09-2019 01:22
13-09-2019 03:21
(5197)
So, what exactly is the point yo are trying to make? Ban, and TEMPORARY ban, are not the same thing. It is the only point being disputed. You clearly point out the word TEMPORARY was included in Trump's commercial, and you continue to drop that one word, TEMPORARY, to change the message. You got caught in a deception, believe in climate change doesn't mean you are smarter than anyone else. Just because climatology drops off keywords, facts, and figures, doesn't make it normal, and accepted.
13-09-2019 03:51
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:
So, what exactly is the point yo are trying to make? Ban, and TEMPORARY ban, are not the same thing. It is the only point being disputed.

Only one you acknowledge maybe.

You misrepresented that I had distorted Trump's commercial by excluding the word Temporary.

I did not. I also think it changes next to nothing that it is there.
13-09-2019 04:18
(5197)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
So, what exactly is the point yo are trying to make? Ban, and TEMPORARY ban, are not the same thing. It is the only point being disputed.

Only one you acknowledge maybe.

You misrepresented that I had distorted Trump's commercial by excluding the word Temporary.

I did not. I also think it changes next to nothing that it is there.

You just omitted Temporary in your post, just two up from this...

tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Lie. I never claimed the ad didn't exist,

I said there was a Trump ad calling for a ban on Muslims And you denied that the ad did that. I linked to the ad so yeah you were just claiming then and now that calling for a 'ban on Muslims" is "no one even tried" for a "ban on Muslims"

gfm7175 wrote:

In the commercial Trump is calling for one. Literally.

calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States
13-09-2019 04:56
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2946)
tmiddles wrote:

I suppose Trump also called for an end to the federal government.
After all, he did say he was OK with shutting it down.

Edited on 13-09-2019 04:56
Page 3 of 7<12345>>>

Join the debate Our Fragile Planet:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Methane big part of 'alarming' rise in planet-warming gases106-04-2023 21:46
Quickest way to cool down the planet2007-06-2020 01:13
Global Warming, Planet Temperature Rising Is Like Road Traffic Congestion120-01-2020 06:32
Does anyone knew that plastic bags were made to save the planet ?215-11-2019 02:19
Petition to pressure governments to save the planet and humankind1024-08-2019 05:16
Articles
Barack Obama: Energy Independence and the Safety of Our Planet
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact