Remember me
▼ Content

New York residents urged to take precautions to stay warm in the extreme cold

New York residents urged to take precautions to stay warm in the extreme cold24-02-2021 14:34
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
https://www.hudsonvalley360.com/artsandlife/localannouncements/new-yorkers-are-urged-to-take-precautions-during-extreme-cold-weather/article_526919ee-d00d-5d6d-8848-d6382acf4454.html

No one is mentioning global warming anymore.

Shame Al Gore was a fine comedian too.
24-02-2021 22:40
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
It got to 78 F by Mt Diablo, CA yesterday.
We also saw record temperature highs in January.
Its like Mr Rogers neighborhood!

24-02-2021 23:51
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:

So you're saying ozone levels have dropped? Please don't tell me we're back into that again. OMG NO!!! Do you see how low the ozone levels are above San Francisco?
I just hate you Spongy for bringing the lack of ozone over S.F. causing it to warm.
I thought we were friends and then this? Hey ya'all, jes(us) sayin' from the South, it's warmer here ya'all because that nasty ozone got up out o' here.
And then there's the way you'uns talk in the South ya'all. How can we'uns knows what ya'alls talkin' bout? It's a Southern thing with you, hain't it? I declare, I'll never understand ya'all Southerns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAULsL_FR2A
Sorry Southern Spongy, I'm a Yankee.
25-02-2021 22:38
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

So you're saying ozone levels have dropped? Please don't tell me we're back into that again. OMG NO!!! Do you see how low the ozone levels are above San Francisco?
I just hate you Spongy for bringing the lack of ozone over S.F. causing it to warm.
I thought we were friends and then this? Hey ya'all, jes(us) sayin' from the South, it's warmer here ya'all because that nasty ozone got up out o' here.
And then there's the way you'uns talk in the South ya'all. How can we'uns knows what ya'alls talkin' bout? It's a Southern thing with you, hain't it? I declare, I'll never understand ya'all Southerns.

Spongy, you should know me and that I always bring the ozone level into weather events like what has been experienced. Sometimes I like being facetious.
26-02-2021 02:17
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

How come Ozone and CO2 levels aren't part of the daily weather reports? If they play such a major role in weather changes, would the weather 'chick' be including that in the broadcast? I've watch a lot of weather reports, very closely, mostly during hurricane season, for obvious reasons. I don't recall one mention of ozone even being mentioned. I did hear mention of man made CO2, once or twice, on the lefty news channel though.
26-02-2021 02:32
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

How come Ozone and CO2 levels aren't part of the daily weather reports? If they play such a major role in weather changes, would the weather 'chick' be including that in the broadcast? I've watch a lot of weather reports, very closely, mostly during hurricane season, for obvious reasons. I don't recall one mention of ozone even being mentioned. I did hear mention of man made CO2, once or twice, on the lefty news channel though.

Harvey, if I demonstrate that CO2 is linked to stratospheric ozone, I will become very famous and at work you will tell people, "I post with that as$hole". Yep, you will let your coworkers know that you've been posting with me for quite some time. Yet you won't mention that I like the Constitution and not Trump.
And that is okay. You're not a Veteran who served America. Americans don't get that part of things.. Still, I will support your right to be Harvey. I don't have hemorrhoids because I don't have a butt so that's not an issue.

p.s.s.s, to be technically correct Harvey, my a$$ was removed so your kind can't
fück me. My friends know you want to "cum", right? We know this.

Edited on 26-02-2021 02:54
26-02-2021 16:00
(5197)
Just don't see it happening... There are a whole lot of people with a college degree in climatology, looking for funding, or some sort of job. No shortage of project proposals. Unless, you can show some actual research, in a legible format, you aren't going to generate much interest. The people passing out the cash, and approving projects, aren't interested in anything that doesn't fully support the global warming agenda. Unless you can show how man made CO2 is destroying the planet, sooner than previously prophesied, nobody cares. Any lunatic proposals that doesn't demonize fossil fuels, will get tossed in the trash.
26-02-2021 23:30
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

LOL doofy, Ozone levels are part of the daily weather reports, it's also called smog https://www.weather.gov/safety/airquality-aqindex
26-02-2021 23:43
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Please highlight the link and then click on the [url] below this windown when posting.
With the ozone I refer to, it is stratospheric and is not a part of smog. With ozone and smog, this has to do with exhaust from automobiles and power plants, etc.
This is one reason why there's a push for going "green", it's about air in the troposphere and not the stratosphere.

LOL doofy, Ozone levels are part of the daily weather reports, it's also called smog https://www.weather.gov/safety/airquality-aqindex
26-02-2021 23:45
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Stratospheric ozone isn't smog. 2 different things. Smog is one reason for the push for renewable energy.
26-02-2021 23:56
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:

See what you've started? And this image shows that stratospheric ozone levels are higher away from San Francisco and Texas. Don't tell me that the jet stream is not pulling warm air from the Pacific Ocean north.
If you guys can tell where the Puget Sound is, then you can read this map. Across the US, the higher levels of ozone in the stratosphere seem to be staying north of 45º N. Latitude.
With San Francisco, maybe 1/2 of the amount of ozone in the stratosphere. I find it frustrating that you guys misunderstand such a basic relationship.
https://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/Scripts/big_image.php?date=2021-02-24&hem=N
I'm attaching the image for those not capable of clicking on a link.
p.s., Hudson Bay is 60º N. Latitude. Seattle, Washington (Puget Sound) is
47º N. Latitude. It's the small gap to the west-southwest of Hudson Bay. The image's orientation is mostly "top down" which means the equator might be out of the image. This is the result of a polar orbit by the satellite making these observations.
Attached image:

Edited on 27-02-2021 00:01
27-02-2021 00:44
(5197)
Is that the fabled ozone hole?
27-02-2021 00:56
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Any chance you could go back to school and learn Engleske? It'd help. If you can't understand your own language...
Then again some people learn multiple languages and aren't as limited.
27-02-2021 02:42
(5197)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Any chance you could go back to school and learn Engleske? It'd help. If you can't understand your own language...
Then again some people learn multiple languages and aren't as limited.

I believe my English is just fine, for an informal gathering.

What part of:
Did you fail to comprehend? Perhaps I can 'Norwegian' it down some for you...

Insults aside, it was an honest question.

Join the debate New York residents urged to take precautions to stay warm in the extreme cold:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
New York City suggests housing migrants in jail shuttered after Jeffrey Epstein's suicide118-08-2023 18:14
Quantum computer startup SEEQC unveils digital chip that operates at super cold temp3931-03-2023 19:52
Meteorologists are getting better at forecasting "extreme weather events"4223-08-2022 20:58
Gargantuan sluice gate in Gulf Stream to warm Europe, lower nat gas need2926-04-2022 18:14
The Reasons You Must Stay Away From All The Corrupt Governments Groups & Use Your Own Mindset007-06-2021 13:16
Articles
Appendix B - Calculating The Economic Costs of Extreme Weather Events
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact