▼ Content

NASA says "Global Cooling!"

Page 2 of 2<12
24-08-2016 22:37
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
Into the Night wrote:
As far as the cooling is concerned, I'm not convinced it's cooling. Also, the sun changes all the time. We had some spectacular auroras last summer because of it. Came all the way west to Seattle.

Here is the data from the two organizations that monitor the stratosphere (UAH and RSS). Both say it is cooling. One of those (UAH) is run by two climate deniers (Christy and Spencer). https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/upper-air/201607

The Sun changes but it has to change in a particular way to explain stratospheric cooling and the opposite way to explain tropospheric warming. Neat trick.

Auroras don't come "west" they go south (in the northern hemisphere), the stronger they are the further south they spread.

Once again you are factually all over the place.
25-08-2016 00:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
DRKTS wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
As far as the cooling is concerned, I'm not convinced it's cooling. Also, the sun changes all the time. We had some spectacular auroras last summer because of it. Came all the way west to Seattle.

Here is the data from the two organizations that monitor the stratosphere (UAH and RSS). Both say it is cooling. One of those (UAH) is run by two climate deniers (Christy and Spencer). https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/upper-air/201607

BOTH systems are paid for by the U.S. government. This is the biggest factor. The U.S. government is well known for manipulating data to suit it's own purposes.

DRKTS wrote:
The Sun changes but it has to change in a particular way to explain stratospheric cooling and the opposite way to explain tropospheric warming. Neat trick.

Not really. The stratosphere and the troposphere are warmed by completely different methods. The stratosphere is primarily warmed by oxygen absorbing UV. The troposphere is warmed primarily by the surface absorption of many wavelengths (depending on the substance struck). Then conducted into the air and conducted and convected upwards, cooling it as it goes.

DRKTS wrote:
Auroras don't come "west" they go south (in the northern hemisphere), the stronger they are the further south they spread.

Wrong. The auroras are centered over the magnetic poles of the Earth, not the geographic poles. When the auroras appear in Seattle, our magnetic declination is such that they appear out of the north-north-east. Essentially, they come west to us, as well as south.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 25-08-2016 00:42
25-08-2016 04:15
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
Into the Night wrote:
DRKTS wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

BOTH systems are paid for by the U.S. government. This is the biggest factor. The U.S. government is well known for manipulating data to suit it's own purposes.

DRKTS wrote:

Not really. The stratosphere and the troposphere are warmed by completely different methods. The stratosphere is primarily warmed by oxygen absorbing UV. The troposphere is warmed primarily by the surface absorption of many wavelengths (depending on the substance struck). Then conducted into the air and conducted and convected upwards, cooling it as it goes.

DRKTS wrote:

Wrong. The auroras are centered over the magnetic poles of the Earth, not the geographic poles. When the auroras appear in Seattle, our magnetic declination is such that they appear out of the north-north-east. Essentially, they come west to us, as well as south.

Wrong on every trivial point above while still ducking the significant questions
25-08-2016 05:39
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
DRKTS wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
DRKTS wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

DRKTS wrote:

DRKTS wrote:

Wrong on every trivial point above while still ducking the significant questions

Argument of the Stone. Your questions have been answered.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate NASA says "Global Cooling!":

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Real Perspective on Warming - NASA Data1626-04-2024 06:48
Google and NASA achieved quantum supremacy in 20195020-11-2022 23:20
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory4206-05-2022 20:55
The Earth's Core is Cooling722-01-2022 19:08
NASA1507-12-2021 08:21
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact