Remember me
▼ Content

My Very Own Piece of Heaven

My Very Own Piece of Heaven29-04-2024 01:02
John Marsriver
★☆☆☆☆
(55)
I finally decided to blow $40 on a piece of broken glass.

I had been reluctant to spend that much for a tiny piece of broken glass. But when I realized, it literally was a tiny piece of Heaven, I figured it was a small price to pay.

So here it is in all its glory.

Jagged side:

Smooth side:

Overall, the glass feels very smooth (not as smooth as a beer bottle but much more difficult to shatter than a beer bottle).

Though it is somewhat jagged looking, the edges are not sharp, and couldn't cut refrigerated butter.

I think it's an interesting observation that one side is like a smooth rock, and the other side is like a jagged rock.

I wonder if there are any geology experts who can answer why there are different smooth and jagged formations on each side?

Cheers...
Edited on 29-04-2024 01:02
29-04-2024 02:20
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14507)
John Marsriver wrote: I finally decided to blow $40 on a piece of broken glass.

More accurately put, you purchased a $40 piece of desert sand, converted to glass by lightning (well, by the extremely high temperatures created by a lightining strike).

John Marsriver wrote: I had been reluctant to spend that much for a tiny piece of broken glass.

... understandably so. For $40 there is so much better glass to be purchased.

John Marsriver wrote: But when I realized, it literally was a tiny piece of Heaven, I figured it was a small price to pay.

Wait until you hear the absolute bargain I have for you! Autographed color portraits of Moses, Jesus Christ and Mohammed for just three easy payments of $19.99 plus s/h.

Also, the first 100 orders get a free business deal with the famous Nigerian banker. Don't wait. Order while supplies last.
29-04-2024 02:44
John Marsriver
★☆☆☆☆
(55)
IBdaMann wrote:

Wait until you hear the absolute bargain I have for you! Autographed color portraits of Moses, Jesus Christ and Mohammed for just three easy payments of $19.99 plus s/h.

Also, the first 100 orders get a free business deal with the famous Nigerian banker. Don't wait. Order while supplies last.

Make sure you ask the banker for advice about your 401K and if they think GameStop is a buy.
29-04-2024 04:22
(14507)
John Marsriver wrote:Make sure you ask the banker for advice about your 401K and if they think GameStop is a buy.

I don't take investment advice from bankers. No banker is a plural.
29-04-2024 04:32
John Marsriver
★☆☆☆☆
(55)
IBdaMann wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:Make sure you ask the banker for advice about your 401K and if they think GameStop is a buy.

Is the snowflake easily triggered by pronouns?
29-04-2024 06:41
(14507)
John Marsriver wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Triggered? You're the snowflake using "their" for a singular. You're the genius who paid $40 for a clump of melted desert sand (you can make your own, you know for free).

If I find out that there are a whole lot of gullible people like you, I'm going to start melting sand and selling it as a "piece of heaven."
29-04-2024 06:52
John Marsriver
★☆☆☆☆
(55)
IBdaMann wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Triggered? You're the snowflake using "their" for a singular. You're the genius who paid $40 for a clump of melted desert sand (you can make your own, you know for free).

If I find out that there are a whole lot of gullible people like you, I'm going to start melting sand and selling it as a "piece of heaven."

How many times have I pointed out to you the iron content of the Saharan Desert sand is higher than the iron content of Heaven's Glass? You continue to ignore it. Do you think if you repeat a lie enough it becomes true?
29-04-2024 07:54
(14507)
John Marsriver wrote:How many times have I pointed out to you the iron content of the Saharan Desert sand is higher than the iron content of Heaven's Glass?

Let's go over it again.

1. The process that melts the sand alters the chemical makeup of the resulting glass.
2. The composition of the sand and of the desert landscape evolves over time. When that glass was formed, the sand and dirt differed. All you have shown is that the glass was formed in the past. Bingo. Box checked.

You continue to ignore this. Do you think that if you repeat a lie enough it becomes true?
29-04-2024 08:52
hayden jordan
☆☆☆☆☆
(15)
John Marsriver wrote:

Jagged side:

Smooth side:

Cheers...

I'm sorry even if Siddhartha Gautama came down from the heavens and told me to buy a small piece of glass i'd say no. That is a lot of money to waste on melted and hardened imperfect sand.

Of course do as you wish though i do wonder what compelled you toward buying the glass. was it the fact it was labeled as glass from heaven or is it a sad attempt to get closer to the god you believe in?
29-04-2024 09:05
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21868)
John Marsriver wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

How many times have I pointed out to you the iron content of the Saharan Desert sand is higher than the iron content of Heaven's Glass? You continue to ignore it. Do you think if you repeat a lie enough it becomes true?

What is "Heaven's Glass"?
Attempted comparison to void.

The color of the imaged piece of glass you gave is not due to iron or any oxide of iron.
Iron oxides in glass produce a blue color.

This sort of color is produced by calcium salts in the glass, such as calcium carbonate.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 29-04-2024 09:10
04-05-2024 20:14
John Marsriver
★☆☆☆☆
(55)
IBdaMann wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:How many times have I pointed out to you the iron content of the Saharan Desert sand is higher than the iron content of Heaven's Glass?

Let's go over it again.

1. The process that melts the sand alters the chemical makeup of the resulting glass.
2. The composition of the sand and of the desert landscape evolves over time. When that glass was formed, the sand and dirt differed. All you have shown is that the glass was formed in the past. Bingo. Box checked.

You continue to ignore this. Do you think that if you repeat a lie enough it becomes true?

You may want to look up images of fulgurites formed by lightning, to see they look nothing like Heaven's glass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgurite
Edited on 04-05-2024 20:15
04-05-2024 21:55
John Marsriver
★☆☆☆☆
(55)
hayden jordan wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:

Jagged side:

Smooth side:

Cheers...

I'm sorry even if Siddhartha Gautama came down from the heavens and told me to buy a small piece of glass i'd say no. That is a lot of money to waste on melted and hardened imperfect sand.

Of course do as you wish though i do wonder what compelled you toward buying the glass. was it the fact it was labeled as glass from heaven or is it a sad attempt to get closer to the god you believe in?

It is glass from the shattering of Heaven, which encloses and shields Earth from the full force of the Universe. When atmospheric pressure became too great, because too much CO2 built up in the atmosphere, around this area of Saharan Africa, it shattered Heaven.

Now let me ask you, are you really such a poor miser, that if your kid asked you for $40 to buy a dinosaur tooth, you'd call him a fool for wanting to study history?

Though it is sad, that both these souvenirs are relics of an extinction event, i think it is even sadder to stick your head in the sand, and not consider that there may be some truth behind the rumors of climate change alarmism.
Edited on 04-05-2024 22:03
05-05-2024 00:32
(21868)
John Marsriver wrote:
hayden jordan wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:

Jagged side:

Smooth side:

Cheers...

It is glass from the shattering of Heaven, which encloses and shields Earth from the full force of the Universe. When atmospheric pressure became too great, because too much CO2 built up in the atmosphere, around this area of Saharan Africa, it shattered Heaven.

Now let me ask you, are you really such a poor miser, that if your kid asked you for $40 to buy a dinosaur tooth, you'd call him a fool for wanting to study history?

Though it is sad, that both these souvenirs are relics of an extinction event, i think it is even sadder to stick your head in the sand, and not consider that there may be some truth behind the rumors of climate change alarmism.

Funny how air pressure never varies more than what the weather does in localized areas.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
05-05-2024 02:47
(14507)
John Marsriver wrote: It is glass from the shattering of Heaven, which encloses and shields Earth from the full force of the Universe.

The vacuum of space is not a force. You have also refused to explain why this glass (of the completely visible/opaque type that you purchased) is nonetheless supposedly completely invisible. You have also refused to explain how such glass is somehow not completely cracked/destroyed from all the same massive collisions that completely cratered the moon ... the moon that we can somehow see through the opaque yet invisible glass. For example, one such collision on the moon was from an object roughly 2,500 kilometers in diameter making a crater 13 kilometers deep. Believe it or not, that's enough to crack even glass!

Once again, you have refused to explain any of this.

@ the board: Does anyone remember Spongy's claim that the invisible glass is what gives the sky its blue color? Does the glass in the above pictures appear to be that color? If you were to close one of your eyes and then cover your other eye with that glass, would you be able to clearly see the moon? Jussask'n.

John Marsriver wrote: When atmospheric pressure became too great, because too much CO2 built up in the atmosphere, around this area of Saharan Africa, it shattered Heaven.

Where are the cracks? There are no cracks. All of "Heaven" would be thusly cracked, not just one localized area.

You place the glass between 60 and 90 miles altitude. There is no atmospheric pressure at 20 miles and higher. For atmospheric pressure to reach glass-breaking levels at 60 miles elevation, due to CO2 accumulation, all of earth's surface-swelling animal life would die /become extinct from both suffocation and being crushed. Then earth would have remained with a huge CO2 atmosphere beyond that of Venus with no animal life.

John Marsriver wrote: Now let me ask you, are you really such a poor miser, that if your kid asked you for $40 to buy a dinosaur tooth, you'd call him a fool for wanting to study history?

You haven't told me how many autographed portaits of Moses, Jesus and Mohammed you want.

John Marsriver wrote: Though it is sad, that both these souvenirs are relics of an extinction event, i think it is even sadder to stick your head in the sand, and not consider that there may be some truth behind the rumors of climate change alarmism.

I think it is sad that you would stick your head in the sand and not consider that there may be something to be learned from science.
05-05-2024 03:17
John Marsriver
★☆☆☆☆
(55)
Into the Night wrote:

Funny how air pressure never varies more than what the weather does in localized areas.

Random numbers, dude. It is not possible to measure the air pressure of the entire atmosphere.

But we know that increasing the % of CO2 in the air will increase the density of the air.
05-05-2024 03:44
(21868)
John Marsriver wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Random numbers, dude. It is not possible to measure the air pressure of the entire atmosphere.

Nonsensical. I never described air pressure of the entire atmosphere. There is no such thing.
John Marsriver wrote:
But we know that increasing the % of CO2 in the air will increase the density of the air.

It is not possible to measure the global atmospheric CO2.
Density is not air pressure.

The Parrot Killer

05-05-2024 03:50
John Marsriver
★☆☆☆☆
(55)
IBdaMann wrote:
John Marsriver wrote: It is glass from the shattering of Heaven, which encloses and shields Earth from the full force of the Universe.

The vacuum of space is not a force. You have also refused to explain why this glass (of the completely visible/opaque type that you purchased) is nonetheless supposedly completely invisible. You have also refused to explain how such glass is somehow not completely cracked/destroyed from all the same massive collisions that completely cratered the moon ... the moon that we can somehow see through the opaque yet invisible glass. For example, one such collision on the moon was from an object roughly 2,500 kilometers in diameter making a crater 13 kilometers deep. Believe it or not, that's enough to crack even glass!

Once again, you have refused to explain any of this.

@ the board: Does anyone remember Spongy's claim that the invisible glass is what gives the sky its blue color? Does the glass in the above pictures appear to be that color? If you were to close one of your eyes and then cover your other eye with that glass, would you be able to clearly see the moon? Jussask'n.

John Marsriver wrote: When atmospheric pressure became too great, because too much CO2 built up in the atmosphere, around this area of Saharan Africa, it shattered Heaven.

Where are the cracks? There are no cracks. All of "Heaven" would be thusly cracked, not just one localized area.

You place the glass between 60 and 90 miles altitude. There is no atmospheric pressure at 20 miles and higher. For atmospheric pressure to reach glass-breaking levels at 60 miles elevation, due to CO2 accumulation, all of earth's surface-swelling animal life would die /become extinct from both suffocation and being crushed. Then earth would have remained with a huge CO2 atmosphere beyond that of Venus with no animal life.

John Marsriver wrote: Now let me ask you, are you really such a poor miser, that if your kid asked you for $40 to buy a dinosaur tooth, you'd call him a fool for wanting to study history?

You haven't told me how many autographed portaits of Moses, Jesus and Mohammed you want.

John Marsriver wrote: Though it is sad, that both these souvenirs are relics of an extinction event, i think it is even sadder to stick your head in the sand, and not consider that there may be some truth behind the rumors of climate change alarmism.

I think it is sad that you would stick your head in the sand and not consider that there may be something to be learned from science.

You assume meteorites are randomly flying across the universe and landing on Earth as their impact. This is your theory. You have no proof of this theory.

I can simply refute your theory and say all videos and pictures of meteorites I see show a smoke trail starting much lower than 60 and 90 miles high, where I posit the glass shields of Heaven are. Actually the smoke trails seem to start below 30 miles high. These meteorites must therefore be coming from inside Heaven, not outside Heaven.

It is a bit more complicated than just saying the glass is what makes the sky blue.

My position is the glass is seen in the sky at the horizon during sunset and sunrise, in the yellow color. There are two glass shields/enclosures, at 60 and 90 miles. Inside that glass is pure oxygen. That mat of oxygen projects a mat blue light onto Earth.

You can see light through the glass. Look when you hold it up to the light of the blue sky, you can no longer perceive its yellow color. It looks like blue glass.

I'm going to be challenged to answer your question about how the glass got repaired. Maybe that's why the Earth needed to tilt. Perhaps They melted the glass, then let it drip back into a cohesive formation.

I don't think I can afford the autographed pictures of Jesus, Mohammed, and Moses. I hear those go for a lot more than $40.
Edited on 05-05-2024 04:25
05-05-2024 04:08
John Marsriver
★☆☆☆☆
(55)
Into the Night wrote:

Ok let's suppose:

the air in container 1 is 99% oxygen and 1% carbon dioxide;

the air in constainer 2 is 98% oxygen and 2% carbon dioxide.

Which container will have greater air pressure?
05-05-2024 05:35
(14507)
John Marsriver wrote: You assume meteorites are randomly flying across the universe and landing on Earth as their impact. This is your theory. You have no proof of this theory.

I have the completely random cratering of the moon that validates the null-hypothesis of random meteors, asteroids, comets, etc... If you have mathematical relationship that explains and predicts all such occurrences of such objects, I'm sure that multiple achievement awards are in it for you, as well as a Nobel prize (which would be automatic and rapid since you espouse Climate Change). Otherwise, observations more than adequately refute your theory.

John Marsriver wrote: I can simply refute your theory and say all videos and pictures of meteorites I see show a smoke trail starting much lower than 60 and 90 miles high, where I posit the glass shields of Heaven are.

I don't have a theory. You are the one with a theory. Do you remember proposing a theory that the earth is surrounded by glass? Yes, that is your theory and it is self-refuting. You claim glass that is simultaneously invisible yet opaque. You claim glass that surrounds the earth that is not completely destroyed by collisions with celestial objects.

... and of course, nothing burns up until entering the atmosphere, the "edge" of which is roughly at the 20-mile elevation.

John Marsriver wrote: Actually the smoke trails seem to start below 30 miles high.

Yup. Well below that mark. All of them.

John Marsriver wrote: These meteorites must therefore be coming from inside Heaven, not outside Heaven.

There doesn't seem to be any "Heaven" in the first place, and thus there doesn't seem to be any "inside" vs. "outside."

John Marsriver wrote: It is a bit more complicated than just saying the glass is what makes the sky blue.

I get it. You're saying that opaque olive-green glass somehow filters through only sky-blue light.

John Marsriver wrote: My position is the glass is seen in the sky at the horizon during sunset and sunrise, in the yellow color.

... but you can see that the glass is opaque, and olive-green. Earth should be shrouded in complete darkness, yes?

John Marsriver wrote: There are two glass shields/enclosures, at 60 and 90 miles. Inside that glass is pure oxygen. That mat of oxygen projects a mat blue light onto Earth.

We're still on the opaqueness of the glass. Next we'll get to the glass' complete invisibility. Then we'll get to the glass' visibility only under certain conditions.

John Marsriver wrote: You can see light through the glass.

... which cannot happen because we can all see that the glass is opaque.

John Marsriver wrote: Look when you hold it up to the light of the blue sky, you can no longer perceive its yellow color. It looks like blue glass.

I don't know if you've noticed, but every single image that you post is incoherently blurred, grainy and tightly cropped, just like all Bigfoot and Loch Ness monster images. At least we can all agree that your photos are clearly not Photoshopped in any way because they really just can't be.

In any event, I now totally get what you are saying. I did my research and I got a piece of Heaven-glass and what they say is totally true. If you hold some Heaven-glass up close to your ear, you can actually see Heaven in it ... but it's magenta if you hold it up to your left ear, and it's yellow if you hold it up to your right ear. Freaky! But it gets even stranger. If you rest it on top of your head, it becomes cyan. Just looking at it, though, causes it to return to its olive green color.

John Marsriver wrote: I'm going to be challenged to answer your question about how the glass got repaired. Maybe that's why the Earth needed to tilt. Perhaps They melted the glass, then let it drip back into a cohesive formation.

That's exactly what happened.

Job 37:18 - Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

John Marsriver wrote: I don't think I can afford the autographed pictures of Jesus, Mohammed, and Moses. I hear those. go for a lot more than $40.

They can be yours for three easy payments of $29.99 ... but wait! There's more. If you act now, we will include at no additional charge the very Casio watch worn by George Washington as he crossed the Delaware.
05-05-2024 17:36
John Marsriver
★☆☆☆☆
(55)
IBdaMann wrote:
John Marsriver wrote: You assume meteorites are randomly flying across the universe and landing on Earth as their impact. This is your theory. You have no proof of this theory.

I have the completely random cratering of the moon that validates the null-hypothesis of random meteors, asteroids, comets, etc... If you have mathematical relationship that explains and predicts all such occurrences of such objects, I'm sure that multiple achievement awards are in it for you, as well as a Nobel prize (which would be automatic and rapid since you espouse Climate Change). Otherwise, observations more than adequately refute your theory.

John Marsriver wrote: I can simply refute your theory and say all videos and pictures of meteorites I see show a smoke trail starting much lower than 60 and 90 miles high, where I posit the glass shields of Heaven are.

I don't have a theory. You are the one with a theory. Do you remember proposing a theory that the earth is surrounded by glass? Yes, that is your theory and it is self-refuting. You claim glass that is simultaneously invisible yet opaque. You claim glass that surrounds the earth that is not completely destroyed by collisions with celestial objects.

... and of course, nothing burns up until entering the atmosphere, the "edge" of which is roughly at the 20-mile elevation.

John Marsriver wrote: Actually the smoke trails seem to start below 30 miles high.

Yup. Well below that mark. All of them.

John Marsriver wrote: These meteorites must therefore be coming from inside Heaven, not outside Heaven.

There doesn't seem to be any "Heaven" in the first place, and thus there doesn't seem to be any "inside" vs. "outside."

John Marsriver wrote: It is a bit more complicated than just saying the glass is what makes the sky blue.

I get it. You're saying that opaque olive-green glass somehow filters through only sky-blue light.

John Marsriver wrote: My position is the glass is seen in the sky at the horizon during sunset and sunrise, in the yellow color.

... but you can see that the glass is opaque, and olive-green. Earth should be shrouded in complete darkness, yes?

John Marsriver wrote: There are two glass shields/enclosures, at 60 and 90 miles. Inside that glass is pure oxygen. That mat of oxygen projects a mat blue light onto Earth.

We're still on the opaqueness of the glass. Next we'll get to the glass' complete invisibility. Then we'll get to the glass' visibility only under certain conditions.

John Marsriver wrote: You can see light through the glass.

... which cannot happen because we can all see that the glass is opaque.

John Marsriver wrote: Look when you hold it up to the light of the blue sky, you can no longer perceive its yellow color. It looks like blue glass.

I don't know if you've noticed, but every single image that you post is incoherently blurred, grainy and tightly cropped, just like all Bigfoot and Loch Ness monster images. At least we can all agree that your photos are clearly not Photoshopped in any way because they really just can't be.

In any event, I now totally get what you are saying. I did my research and I got a piece of Heaven-glass and what they say is totally true. If you hold some Heaven-glass up close to your ear, you can actually see Heaven in it ... but it's magenta if you hold it up to your left ear, and it's yellow if you hold it up to your right ear. Freaky! But it gets even stranger. If you rest it on top of your head, it becomes cyan. Just looking at it, though, causes it to return to its olive green color.

John Marsriver wrote: I'm going to be challenged to answer your question about how the glass got repaired. Maybe that's why the Earth needed to tilt. Perhaps They melted the glass, then let it drip back into a cohesive formation.

That's exactly what happened.

Job 37:18 - Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

John Marsriver wrote: I don't think I can afford the autographed pictures of Jesus, Mohammed, and Moses. I hear those. go for a lot more than $40.

They can be yours for three easy payments of $29.99 ... but wait! There's more. If you act now, we will include at no additional charge the very Casio watch worn by George Washington as he crossed the Delaware.

Are you getting paid by the word? because your reply is full of fluff.

You can't prove meteorites randomly fall to Earth from outer space. Therefore it is your theory. You may as well say 97% of scientists say so. It's settled!

Look here photoshop junkie, here's another super simple image showing Heaven's glass is not opaque.

Some might even call that transparent... though I think I will stick with mostly translucent.
Edited on 05-05-2024 17:40
05-05-2024 23:00
(21868)
John Marsriver wrote:
You assume meteorites are randomly flying across the universe and landing on Earth as their impact. This is your theory. You have no proof of this theory.

Oh? Explain Meteor Crater, and craters in other nations? Explain meteor communications techniques, bouncing off of meteors as small as a grain of sand?
John Marsriver wrote:
I can simply refute your theory and say all videos and pictures of meteorites I see show a smoke trail starting much lower than 60 and 90 miles high, where I posit the glass shields of Heaven are. Actually the smoke trails seem to start below 30 miles high. These meteorites must therefore be coming from inside Heaven, not outside Heaven.

It is a bit more complicated than just saying the glass is what makes the sky blue.

My position is the glass is seen in the sky at the horizon during sunset and sunrise, in the yellow color. There are two glass shields/enclosures, at 60 and 90 miles. Inside that glass is pure oxygen. That mat of oxygen projects a mat blue light onto Earth.

You can see light through the glass. Look when you hold it up to the light of the blue sky, you can no longer perceive its yellow color. It looks like blue glass.

Meteors don't leave a smoke trail.

The Parrot Killer

05-05-2024 23:01
(21868)
John Marsriver wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Ok let's suppose:

the air in container 1 is 99% oxygen and 1% carbon dioxide;

the air in constainer 2 is 98% oxygen and 2% carbon dioxide.

Which container will have greater air pressure?

Insufficient data to determine gas pressure (not air) in either container.

The atmosphere is not in a container.

The Parrot Killer

05-05-2024 23:05
(21868)
John Marsriver wrote:
You can't prove meteorites randomly fall to Earth from outer space.

Meteorites don't fall. They are already on the ground.
He has already proven meteors fall to Earth and to the Moon from space.
John Marsriver wrote:
Therefore it is your theory. You may as well say 97% of scientists say so. It's settled!

Not science. No consensus is claimed here.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate My Very Own Piece of Heaven:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
So is judge Sonia Sotomayor a wise Latina woman, or a racist piece of shit on the bench016-07-2023 19:09
The Perfect Divine Condition For World Peace Is New Smaller Piece Nations120-08-2020 10:59
Tim's Piece of the Puzzle911-08-2019 07:01
Heaven Forbid - It's Warming - We may leave our current Ice Age8211-08-2017 04:23
Interesting piece about Greenpeace610-12-2015 20:47
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact