Remember me
▼ Content

masks

Page 1 of 212>
masks24-12-2021 00:00
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
imagine you were an airforce pilot and you were ordered to wear a mask (oxygen). Would you wear it or would refuse because it violated your civil rights?
24-12-2021 00:10
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
How tight do you have that c-clamp keepit?? Holy BALLS........
24-12-2021 00:22
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14475)
keepit wrote:imagine you were an airforce pilot and you were ordered to wear a mask (oxygen). Would you wear it or would refuse because it violated your civil rights?

In this hypothetical scenario, did I sign legal documents agreeing to obey the orders of the officers appointed over me ... in return for valuable training (pilot), a better-than-average paycheck, comfortable housing, three meals per day, extensive medical care and an extremely valuable top secret clearance?
24-12-2021 00:29
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
i'm not sure but do you get the gist of my point?
The point is that masks protect health. Covid masks aren't nearly as effective but they can't help but stop some virus particles, although i'm not sure what the percentage is. I don't think the authorities are pushing them so hard in order to make a profit.
24-12-2021 00:38
(14475)
keepit wrote:imagine you were an airforce pilot and you were ordered to wear a mask (oxygen). Would you wear it or would refuse because it violated your civil rights?

@ gfm7175, imagine you were offered a slot in a skydiving course in which you were told that the cost is $2,464 and that you must wear a parachute (your own) when you jump.

Would you be thinking "Lord, I wish these skydiving slots with obligatory parachutes were mandatory and that everyone would be required to show their course completion certificate in order to hold a job, enjoy any public events or receive any government services or benefits"?
24-12-2021 00:43
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2938)
keepit wrote:
imagine you were an airforce pilot and you were ordered to wear a mask (oxygen). Would you wear it or would refuse because it violated your civil rights?

I'm thinking your analogy totally sucks because the oxygen mask would be professionally fitted to the contours of my face.

Wiat! What if I'm flying a C5 Galaxy?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 24-12-2021 00:47
24-12-2021 00:50
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
Why don't you address the gist of the question rather than just nitpicking. The nitpicking is about as productive as a semantic argument.
24-12-2021 00:55
(3314)
keepit wrote:

Your point is stupid.

keepit wrote:
The point is that masks protect health.

Different types of masks each serve different purposes. An N95 mask is not a cloth mask is not a surgical mask is not an oxygen mask. A piece of cloth or paper on one's face does not protect oneself from viruses.

keepit wrote:
Covid masks aren't nearly as effective

... as what, and at what??

keepit wrote:
but they can't help but stop some virus particles,

They don't stop virus particles. They are 0% effective at doing so.

keepit wrote:
although i'm not sure what the percentage is.

It is 0%.

keepit wrote:
I don't think the authorities are pushing them so hard in order to make a profit.

They are pushing them hard because COVID hysteria is the vehicle and triggering mechanism for ushering in the "build back better" "Great Reset" (and the related agenda against carbon based fuels). --- The baseline for this nonsense is all about implementing sweeping and radical climate change legislation...
24-12-2021 00:56
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:

@ gfm7175, imagine you were offered a slot in a skydiving course in which you were told that the cost is $2,464 and that you must wear a parachute (your own) when you jump.

Would you be thinking "Lord, I wish these skydiving slots with obligatory parachutes were mandatory and that everyone would be required to show their course completion certificate in order to hold a job, enjoy any public events or receive any government services or benefits"?

You know what?? I can't say that I would be.......
24-12-2021 01:05
(14475)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I'm sorry, I can't read your post right now. The Air Marshall says it's my turn to jump, and I'm quickly checking to make sure I remembered how to correctly pack my parachute.

This is the second time I've had to jump because my previous course certificate got damaged, and they won't accept a damaged certificate where I work.

Lucky me, I'm going to have to do this again in three weeks to cover the new elevation variant and then two months later I'll have to get the booster training for this jump.
24-12-2021 01:37
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2938)
keepit wrote:
The point is that masks protect health. Covid masks aren't nearly as effective but they can't help but stop some virus particles, although i'm not sure what the percentage is. I don't think the authorities are pushing them so hard in order to make a profit.

You really need more oxygen. I suggest taking off the C clamp and getting your head in front of a box fan.

Hint: If you remove the plastic grille from the fan, you will increase airflow substantially, although I'm not sure what the percentage is.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 24-12-2021 01:41
24-12-2021 01:47
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2938)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I'm sorry, I can't read your post right now. The Air Marshall says it's my turn to jump, and I'm quickly checking to make sure I remembered how to correctly pack my parachute.

This is the second time I've had to jump because my previous course certificate got damaged, and they won't accept a damaged certificate where I work.

Lucky me, I'm going to have to do this again in three weeks to cover the new elevation variant and then two months later I'll have to get the booster training for this jump.

Oh shit, there are elevation variants?! Sounds totally sketch. Be safe dude.

24-12-2021 01:47
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2938)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Oh shit, there are elevation variants?! Sounds totally sketch. Be safe dude.

24-12-2021 02:09
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
There's a big problem with the fan vs virus mask analogy. The grates in the fan are huge compared to the size of oxygen or nitrogen molecules. This means that uncountable numbers of molecules of oxygen and nitrogen (the vast majority will easily get through the fan grates). As far as the masks, the size of the holes are about equal to the size of the virus particles. This means that only the virus particles that are heading directly toward the mask holes will get through the holes and that means that a minority of virus particles will get through as opposed to the fan whereas the vase majority of air molecules will get though.
24-12-2021 02:15
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2938)
keepit wrote:
There's a big problem with the fan vs virus mask analogy. The grates in the fan are huge compared to the size of oxygen or nitrogen molecules. This means that uncountable numbers of molecules of oxygen and nitrogen (the vast majority will easily get through the fan grates). As far as the masks, the size of the holes are about equal to the size of the virus particles. This means that only the virus particles that are heading directly toward the mask holes will get through the holes and that means that a minority of virus particles will get through as opposed to the fan whereas the vase majority of air molecules will get though.

Did you just call me a mask hole??!!

IBdaMann, do you still have that graphic of a viron compared to pore size?

24-12-2021 02:23
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
The size of the covid virion is approximately equal (.3 micron for each) to the size of the holes in the n95 surgical/medical mask. I should add that this size includes the respiratory fluid that always accompanies the virus. ibd has claimed that the n95 holes are 1.0 microns but that is true for industrial n95s. Medial masks are the ones to use.
Edited on 24-12-2021 03:11
24-12-2021 02:55
(14475)
keepit wrote:The size of the covid virion is approximately equal (.3 micron for each) to the size of the holes in the n95 surgical/medical mask. ibd has claimed that the n95 holes are 1.0 microns but that is true for industrial n95s. Medial masks are the ones to use.

Nobody uses the medical masks. Everyone uses cloth masks or earloop facemasks that are in no way approved for medical applications.

COVID = 100 - 120 nanometers (0.1 - 0.12 microns)
Holes > 3000 nanometers ( > 3 microns )

[*find-COVIDSIZEVSFACEMASKHOLES]
24-12-2021 03:13
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
the .3 size includes that respiratory fluid that always accompanies the the virus. This is why the masks work.
Check with google if you don't believe me.
24-12-2021 03:41
(14475)
keepit wrote: the .3 size includes that respiratory fluid that always accompanies the the virus.

Remember, you are a moron. Just start with that and it should be enough to get you to just stop before you type something stupid. You didn't do it in this case so let's mock you for a bit.

No, there is no law of nature that mandates viruses somehow do not get a hall pass to exit a body unless they are chaperoned by some droplet of fluid. You have to be totally brain dead to allow yourself to believe that a 120 nanometer virus somehow ceases to exist if removed from some droplet.

Correct Answer: Yes, every time you exhale, many billions of viruses are floating around freely in the air, sans any fluid. You are a moron for never having learned this.

Now onto the next volley of mockery ...

Yes, there are many viruses that are found in fluid vapor and droplets, and yes, water still evaporates you dumbass. You don't know how long it takes for a 5-micron droplet to evaporate, do you? You allowed yourself to be convinced that COVID halts or somehow suspends all evaporation, didn't you? What a F'ing idiot.

Correct Answer: A 5-micron droplet takes less than one second to evaporate, at which point, any viruses associated with it are thus floating freely in the air and right through any facemask behind which it might have been fleetingly hindered.

keepit, you could have learned all this had you been smart enough to be able to learn. You could have read through gfm7175's informative thread on Politiplex and actually become a conduit for knowledge and wisdom but you instead insist on remaining a total dumbass who doubles down on stupid.

You are an idiot.

This is fun.

keepit wrote: This is why the masks work in construction environments against dust, paint, sawdust, chemicals and other particles that are greater than 5 microns

Yes, I know. That's what I have been saying. That's why facemasks are used by construction workers and industrial craftsmen, and why cloth/earloop facemasks are specifically not approved for medical purposes.

24-12-2021 04:05
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2938)
Just more semantics Ib. Void in your argument is even a mention of Brownian motion. What about that?!!
24-12-2021 04:12
(14475)
GasGuzzler wrote:Just more semantics Ib. Void in your argument is even a mention of Brownian motion. What about that?!!

OK, OK ... I'm joining your fan club. Just give me the link.

You rock.
24-12-2021 04:24
keepit
★★★★★
(3080)
ibd,
i'd make some kind of remark to characterize your response to my post but i don't want to spoil any of your "FUN".
24-12-2021 04:46
(14475)
keepit wrote:ibd,i'd make some kind of remark to characterize your response to my post but i don't want to spoil any of your "FUN".

Excellent! For once you are choosing to remain silent rather than waste bandwidth posting something stupid.

Awesome. Try to build on that success.
24-12-2021 05:18
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2938)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Just more semantics Ib. Void in your argument is even a mention of Brownian motion. What about that?!!

OK, OK ... I'm joining your fan club. Just give me the link.

You rock.

https://pursuant-project.brownianbetterlife/semantics.org

24-12-2021 05:45
(14475)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
OK, OK ... I'm joining your fan club. Just give me the link. You rock.
https://pursuant-project.brownianbetterlife/semantics.org

24-12-2021 08:30
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:

Medical grade masks are more expensive to the consumer outside the field. Even if they are exactly the same as what you could buy at Walmart. Regardless, none are intended to be worn all day. They aren't designed to stop every single particle, only reduce. The wearer still needs to breath. We exhale a lot of moisture, which masks absorb, fibers expand. Further reducing air flow. Masks are ineffective, when they aren't properly fitted. They are worthless, when removed, adjusted frequently. Needs to be replaced with a fresh clean mask, every time one is removed.

Masks were never expected to catch them all, just reduce the number some. We all have natural defenses that trap and remove a lot of particles is the air, of all sizes. We have a mucus membrane, that secrets this slimy, sticky, goo. It's the snot running out your nose. That thick crap you cough up, and will stick to the wall when spit it out. Viruses, most everything else, can't get through it at all. Presuming we are well hydrated, and haven't been using it up, for entertainment purposes... Mucus membrane can secrete enough to stay slimy, but it can dry out too.

Even medical staff, don't always use the correct masks, or wear them properly. They use what is available, and comfortable, when they can get away with it (most of the time). Consumers are mostly clueless about mask, and wear them main to show compliance, and that they care. Just that they don't care enough to read the included documents, or follow instructions. You know masks are just for show, because there is no mandated style, just that the face be covered with something. There was little public awareness on selecting the proper mask, or how to use them effectively. Only a suggestion, to buy the most expressive, or a cheap Chinese knockoff, which looks exactly the same, so must work just as good. Right? Most are going with the lowest price, for what looks like it will do the job. Which is essentially to cover their face in compliance.
25-12-2021 03:39
(3314)
I love brownian motion. The mere mention of brownian motion allows 3 micron mask pores to become an impenetrable barrier against 0.1 micron viruses. You know, science and stuff. Trust the science IBD... geesh! And Guzzler, you need to trust the science too. Stop being a science denier. Brownian motion. I win. You lose. Libtard style argumentation is fun.
25-12-2021 03:56
(3314)
Speaking of liberals, one of the liberals at my work had a moment of honesty the other day... I've never really argued politics with him before because I could just sense a "know-it-all" attitude about him and that he's programmed by the media and that his mind is just simply not going to be changed.

Anyway, a conservative co-worker who likes to razz him about politics (to get a reaction) came in and said, in effect, that he was going to keep working on him and get him to see the light. My liberal co-worker responded by essentially saying that his mind is made up and that it is not going to be changed. At least I now definitely know to not even bother with him if he's openly saying that he's completely close-minded about his political views.

He's one of the types who bitches about the high taxes that he pays, and the high prices and cost of living, and doesn't like the city police funds being cut and what not, but yet he still votes for Democrats again and again and again. He keeps voting for politicians who are causing the very same issues that he bitches about. He's also one of those people who immediately screams "corporate greed" for things such as gas price increases rather than connecting the dots to the Democrat policies that are causing those price increases.

He is a complete moron when it comes to politics, but he has "his" (the media's) mind completely made up and it won't change, according to his own words.
25-12-2021 16:15
(5197)
Journalism has become mostly opinion, and just reporting the facts and details available. The reader has to go to both the left and right media outlets, to get even close to the full story. Both sides omit key elements that don't fit with the opinion they try to sell. There are swamp-rats sitting on both sides of the isle. Legislation is crafted for them to steal lots of tax dollars, power, and control. We the people, only exist to enrich them, control and manipulate.

The price of gasoline is mostly taxes and fees paid to the government. Some federal, but a lot of it is state and local too. Mostly sold as road maintenance, upgrades, construction, environmental impact. Which of course, we also pay for with other taxes and fees, because we are lead to believe it's the greedy gas companies setting the price at the pump...

It's the liberal agenda, that spends a lot of tax dollars, that don't really have any value, benefit, or chance of any return on investment. Billions of dollars every year, are basically handed out, domestically, and abroad, that is just use-as-you-please gifts. Nobody really knows or cares who's pocket much of those gifts end up in.
26-12-2021 02:14
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Masks are mandatory in all indoor public venues and a range of festivals will be cancelled after a COVID-positive 25-year-old French backpacker has been out and about in Perth for almost two weeks.

WA Premier Mark McGowan said the man arrived from Queensland on the night of Sunday, December 12, just before a harder border with that state was introduced.

At this stage, Mr McGowan said the case was likely to be the Delta strain rather than Omicron.

The man's girlfriend is symptomatic. They are both now in hotel quarantine.

The man has been living with four other people in a house in Girrawheen — all have been contacted and are undergoing testing.

The public opinion I am getting on this fiasco is wait a minute.We were told once we reach 80% double vaccinated the borders would open and not have to wear masks.This state is over 90% vaccinated.I now work as a storeman so out the back the mask is on my chin and I just flip it up if I need to walk through the store.Most of the delivery drivers are not wearing a mask and a lot of shoppers are not wearing a mask.No one at our store is enforcing this.It is scheduled to end Monday night but this state government is in trouble with the very obvious lie that everyone here knows about.It suits me as I am a Liberal voter and we have a Labor government here.The federal government is Liberal.My take is the Liberal government are all about supporting business and making the country wealthy and Labor are trade union based and spend all the countries money.It flips back and forth so we have a balance.
26-12-2021 03:43
(14475)
duncan61 wrote:Masks are mandatory in all indoor public venues

... thanks to government tyranny enabled by the stupid and the cowardly.

duncan61 wrote:At this stage, Mr McGowan said the case was likely to be the Delta strain rather than Omicron.

Biff gucking deal. Who cares what name is given to it? It is still a mild flu virus, i.e. a nothing burger.

duncan61 wrote:The man's girlfriend is symptomatic. They are both now in hotel quarantine.

Did we accept this for any other mild flu? For any flu, period?

duncan61 wrote:.The federal government is Liberal.My take is the Liberal government are all about supporting business and making the country wealthy

... and you suck at economics. Your "take" is totally misguided. Labor is all about supporting unions at the expense of business, consumers and free markets.

Unions are a cancer to the businesses and the economies they infect.
26-12-2021 04:02
(5197)
The government (all parties), and unions, only want to lighten your wallet, and drain your savings. You have to work longer and harder, just to feed yourself, and family. No time, or energy left to complain, or do much fighting. They all lie to you. They want power and control over everything you do, every body function...
26-12-2021 04:58
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
duncan61 wrote:.The federal government is Liberal.My take is the Liberal government are all about supporting business and making the country wealthy

... and you suck at economics. Your "take" is totally misguided. Labor is all about supporting unions at the expense of business, consumers and free markets.

Unions are a cancer to the businesses and the economies they infect.

Thats what I said IBnuts.I feel trade unions are out of date.They were needed to protect workers rights at the turn of the last century 1900s but now we have enterprise bargaining and if you wish for skilled staff you have to offer a good package that works for all parties.My sons will flip mining companies for a few dollars an hour.The American take on liberal seems to be different here.I have done construction and been in forced unions no card no start scenarios and its not good
27-12-2021 03:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21694)
keepit wrote:

Oxygen can be provided via a mask or via a cannula. It is a necessary gas for breathing. You require supplemental oxygen above 12000 ft, or above 10000 ft for extended exposure.

You are not required to wear a mask to fly. Simply fly at or below 10000 ft.

Your question is stupid. It's like asking if taking a tank of air and a mouthpiece with you to scuba dive is violating your civil rights.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-12-2021 03:28
(21694)
keepit wrote:

So far you are not making a point.
keepit wrote:
The point is that masks protect health.

No, they don't. They are not health insurance, nor a medical procedure, nor do they protect you from every threat to your health.
keepit wrote:
Covid masks aren't nearly as effective but they can't help but stop some virus particles,

None.
keepit wrote:
although i'm not sure what the percentage is.

Zero. Nada. Nan. An N95 mask is completely ineffective against a virus. You might as well try to stop flies with a chain link fence.
keepit wrote:
I don't think the authorities are pushing them so hard in order to make a profit.

Hypochondria is hypochondria, even if it's government sponsored hypochondria.

You still don't get why governments use fear mongering. Your C clamp is on pretty tight, after all.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-12-2021 03:30
(21694)
IBdaMann wrote:

Yeah. I have to pay for my own bullets at the shooting range too.

So unfair.

The Parrot Killer

27-12-2021 03:31
(21694)
keepit wrote:
Why don't you address the gist of the question rather than just nitpicking. The nitpicking is about as productive as a semantic argument.

It is YOU that is nitpicking. You are describing yourself.

The Parrot Killer

27-12-2021 03:33
(21694)
keepit wrote:

Smoke particles are much larger than a virus (you can see them!).

They pass right through that mask, dude.

The Parrot Killer

27-12-2021 05:15
(21694)
keepit wrote:
the .3 size includes that respiratory fluid that always accompanies the the virus. This is why the masks work.
Check with google if you don't believe me.

Google is not a source.
Respiratory fluid is air. Viruses are not stopped by masks. Masks are completely ineffective against viruses.

The Parrot Killer

27-12-2021 06:09
(21694)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

Medical grade masks are more expensive to the consumer outside the field.

A bit, but not particularly.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Even if they are exactly the same as what you could buy at Walmart.

No, but you can buy them at Amazon. Some drug stores carry them too.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Regardless, none are intended to be worn all day.

Correct. They are designed to be only worn for the length of the procedure, or 2 hours, whichever comes first.
HarveyH55 wrote:
They aren't designed to stop every single particle, only reduce.

The specifications for medical grade masks are very clear. They are not used to stop viruses. Their purpose is to stop blood and fluid splatter from getting in your nose and mouth while you are performing surgery (surgery can be a messy business!). Many surgeons use glasses (even with just plain lenses) to protect the eyes. They don't have to be safety glasses.

Medical masks have even larger holes than N95 masks. Where they shine, though, is a layer to help stop liquids (like blood splatter). These things are useful to have in any first aid kit, but ONLY if you know how to properly don and doff them.
HarveyH55 wrote:
The wearer still needs to breath.

A medical mask in the U.S. is required to produce a differential pressure of less than 0.000711apsi per square centimeter. China uses a slightly higher value (about 0.000840apsi).
HarveyH55 wrote:
We exhale a lot of moisture, which masks absorb, fibers expand. Further reducing air flow.

Not allowed. The test air is 70% humidity to meet this specification.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Masks are ineffective, when they aren't properly fitted.

True of any mask. In the case of either medical class I masks, or N95 masks, they are both completely ineffective against a virus even if properly fitted.
HarveyH55 wrote:
They are worthless, when removed, adjusted frequently.

Very true. Most people don't know how to properly don or doff a mask. Handling a redonning a mask you have used is even worse. This is why surgeons use a mask once for no more than 2 hours, then discard it.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Needs to be replaced with a fresh clean mask, every time one is removed.

Yes. This is why hospitals exclusively use disposable masks.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Masks were never expected to catch them all, just reduce the number some.

No. NONE of these masks are effective against a virus at all.
HarveyH55 wrote:
We all have natural defenses that trap and remove a lot of particles is the air, of all sizes.

The we do. A far more effective method at trapping pretty much any antigen entering the body via the respiratory system.
HarveyH55 wrote:
We have a mucus membrane, that secrets this slimy, sticky, goo. It's the snot running out your nose. That thick crap you cough up, and will stick to the wall when spit it out. Viruses, most everything else, can't get through it at all. Presuming we are well hydrated, and haven't been using it up, for entertainment purposes... Mucus membrane can secrete enough to stay slimy, but it can dry out too.

A fair amount is actually swallowed. That antigen (including the now destroyed virus) is just lunch now. Once that little sucker hits that stomach acid. It's done for.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Even medical staff, don't always use the correct masks, or wear them properly.

They are trained on how to properly don and doff a mask. They also know the purpose of the mask is not to stop viruses and that in most places a mask is not required. The only reason they wear them is because the government tells them to.
HarveyH55 wrote:
They use what is available, and comfortable, when they can get away with it (most of the time).

More and more this is happening. Indeed, more and more hospital staff are quitting over it.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Consumers are mostly clueless about mask,

Very.
HarveyH55 wrote:
and wear them main to show compliance,

No. They wear them for one of four reasons:
1) They are simply selfish and they are wearing them for politically correct purposes.
2) They are hypochondriacs that do not understand, but live in fear.
3) They are showing submission (not compliance) to authorities acting beyond their legal authority.
4) They are sick (so why are they out in public???).

Mandating masks creates Paradox M:
1) You are wearing a mask to protect you from covid19.
2) You demand that I wear a mask because yours doesn't work.

There is also a corollary:
1) You wear mask to prevent a virus from being spread by you.
2) You are not sick.

HarveyH55 wrote:
and that they care.

These people are selfish or living in fear. They do not care about anyone but themselves.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Just that they don't care enough to read the included documents, or follow instructions.

Since everything they know they learned from TV and the News, you should understand that such are never going to take the time to study anything.
HarveyH55 wrote:
You know masks are just for show, because there is no mandated style, just that the face be covered with something.

Very true. Cloth masks do nothing but make you look like a dork. They don't even stop smoke particles (which you can see!).
HarveyH55 wrote:
There was little public awareness on selecting the proper mask, or how to use them effectively.

Very true. Most people, for example, don't realize the surgical masks (class 1 medical masks) have even LARGER holes than an N95 mask!). This is to compensate for the plastic lining required in class 1 medical masks to give them the ability to block a liquid spray of up to 80mmHg pressure (about 1.5464apsi). This is a requirement of class 1 masks, but NOT a requirement of N95 masks.

Cloth masks do not, of course, meet either standard.

HarveyH55 wrote:
Only a suggestion, to buy the most expressive, or a cheap Chinese knockoff, which looks exactly the same, so must work just as good. Right? Most are going with the lowest price, for what looks like it will do the job. Which is essentially to cover their face in compliance.

I call it submission, not compliance. There is no need to comply with unconstitutional law.

The Parrot Killer

Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate masks:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact