Remember me
▼ Content

Interesting news

Interesting news27-03-2020 01:59
keepit
★★★★★
(3079)
An epidemiologist on MSNBC just said that the seasonality of flu and flu like diseases is caused by a lack of UV light in the winter, and that it isn't because of temperature changes. More UV light in the summer, less disease.
27-03-2020 04:11
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
When it's cold, people cover up, stay indoors more, less active. Houses have doors and windows closed, less fresh air circulating. Cold, is also exhausting, burn a lot of calories to maintain body temperature, in addition to usual activities. People are just more vulnerable to infections during cold weather. Lot more to it, than UV light.
27-03-2020 07:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
When it's cold, people cover up, stay indoors more, less active. Houses have doors and windows closed, less fresh air circulating. Cold, is also exhausting, burn a lot of calories to maintain body temperature, in addition to usual activities. People are just more vulnerable to infections during cold weather. Lot more to it, than UV light.

Maybe you could compare seasonal influenza levels with the % of the population and the amount of ozone in the ozone layer? That would be scientific.
27-03-2020 09:45
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
I have a sebhorreich dermatitis on face. It only completely dissapears during the summer. Unfortunately our summer is very short. The UV kills fungus directly. Pulmonary diseases, chronic bronchitis , tuberculosis and other such diseases are common in places with high humidity and little sunshine. All the diseases will flare up during the winter. My neighbour has raynaud syndrome - only in the summer his hands are almost normal. In winter it is very bad - blisters are forming on his fingertips and eventually they crack open and it is very painful. My sinusitis flares up as soon as the summer is over and prolongs through the winter. I go out a lot , it does not help. Only thing that helps to get better is sunshine and warm weather. This is why people who have pulnonary diseases have been traveling to better climate. It is the only way to prevent flare ups. With every flare up the lung function diminishes.
27-03-2020 17:00
keepit
★★★★★
(3079)
UV light and warmth both help. It isn't one or the other.
28-03-2020 00:37
(5197)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Maybe you could compare seasonal influenza levels with the % of the population and the amount of ozone in the ozone layer? That would be scientific.

I've already got enough projects to keep me busy. My job, is an essential service, so no mandatory vacation time either. You seem to be the ozone-expert here, maybe you can tie it in with your climate change research. May be gets some bonus research bucks.

Here in Florida, we don't go through long periods of cold, even then, it not bad enough to keep many people indoors. We still see plenty of seasonal cold and flu. Mostly, it comes down, from the sloppy, northern states, with people wanting to escape the snow and ice for a while.
28-03-2020 01:14
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

I've already got enough projects to keep me busy. My job, is an essential service, so no mandatory vacation time either. You seem to be the ozone-expert here, maybe you can tie it in with your climate change research. May be gets some bonus research bucks.

Here in Florida, we don't go through long periods of cold, even then, it not bad enough to keep many people indoors. We still see plenty of seasonal cold and flu. Mostly, it comes down, from the sloppy, northern states, with people wanting to escape the snow and ice for a while.

Supplying a convenience store isn't an essential service. It's an expensive one that people should avoid. They'd save money for better things like hobbies/interests.

You seem to be the ozone-expert here, maybe you can tie it in with your climate change research.

That's something that I'm actually pursuing. That's because the EU's carbon neutral policy of burning trees seems to be supported by the IPCC's own report.
At the same time NASA has observed something about atmospheric chemistry that they also do not understand. And if yo don't get it Harvey, if what I'm pursuing works then we would need to improve carbon capture. And I think that can be accomplished economically or as you would say, On the Cheap.
As for me, since most likely universities would pursue things based on the experiment that I'd like to see tried, I'd probably have to find some other way to earn a living.
28-03-2020 01:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21671)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Supplying a convenience store isn't an essential service. It's an expensive one that people should avoid. They'd save money for better things like hobbies/interests.

You seem to be the ozone-expert here, maybe you can tie it in with your climate change research.

That's something that I'm actually pursuing. That's because the EU's carbon neutral policy of burning trees seems to be supported by the IPCC's own report.
At the same time NASA has observed something about atmospheric chemistry that they also do not understand. And if yo don't get it Harvey, if what I'm pursuing works then we would need to improve carbon capture. And I think that can be accomplished economically or as you would say, On the Cheap.
As for me, since most likely universities would pursue things based on the experiment that I'd like to see tried, I'd probably have to find some other way to earn a living.

In Washington, convenience stores are considered an essential service, since they carry drugs, food, and often gasoline.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
28-03-2020 02:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

In Washington, convenience stores are considered an essential service, since they carry drugs, food, and often gasoline.

There are no Am Pms, Circle K or 7/11s there. What are you talking about?
28-03-2020 04:17
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14470)
Into the Night wrote:In Washington, convenience stores are considered an essential service, since they carry drugs, food, and often gasoline.

You've gotta love the Ol' US of A! Convenience is an essential service!

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-03-2020 04:33
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:In Washington, convenience stores are considered an essential service, since they carry drugs, food, and often gasoline.

You've gotta love the Ol' US of A! Convenience is an essential service!

'Merica!!!!!! **** YEAH!!!!
28-03-2020 05:55
(5197)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Most importantly, they sell beer!
28-03-2020 19:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
[

This is just an FYI. If I can get my experiment tried and it works, I get to "coin" a new term in physics because the experiment would suggest a previously undiscovered mechanism which acts as an oxidizer in our atmosphere. The term I happen to like is G-lytics or g-lytics in which the term "lytics" I would be using to represent transformation and not degradation. The G or g would represent gravity.
As for beer, after doing some wood working today, I will go to my local Kroger's and get myself a pizza and some beer to wash it down with. A Speedway is about 1/4 of a mile down the road and while many people do like the convenience of shopping in a small store, the walk from the parking lot and around the store is also cardiovascular exercise. I don't park near the front of the store.

Also, if I get the surgery I want as a result, could you imagine me applying for a job in the same warehouse that you work in? I have years of experience. After all, if healthy I would probably need to look for work again, right?
Kind of why my best bet might to become an environmental advocate but that doesn't pay very well. It's about like what I'm doing at the moment, right?
Edited on 28-03-2020 19:21
28-03-2020 21:38
(5197)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
[

This is just an FYI. If I can get my experiment tried and it works, I get to "coin" a new term in physics because the experiment would suggest a previously undiscovered mechanism which acts as an oxidizer in our atmosphere. The term I happen to like is G-lytics or g-lytics in which the term "lytics" I would be using to represent transformation and not degradation. The G or g would represent gravity.
As for beer, after doing some wood working today, I will go to my local Kroger's and get myself a pizza and some beer to wash it down with. A Speedway is about 1/4 of a mile down the road and while many people do like the convenience of shopping in a small store, the walk from the parking lot and around the store is also cardiovascular exercise. I don't park near the front of the store.

Also, if I get the surgery I want as a result, could you imagine me applying for a job in the same warehouse that you work in? I have years of experience. After all, if healthy I would probably need to look for work again, right?
Kind of why my best bet might to become an environmental advocate but that doesn't pay very well. It's about like what I'm doing at the moment, right?

I doubt seriously that you could pass the physical, not to mention, I'm sure you are not physically up to the task, or could be, to survive the first week. Not sure what the current standard is these days, but it use to be 90 days, to pull your weight. Lots of people in their 20's don't last more than a few weeks. I didn't have a tough time going back to work, after my surgery, because I'm sort of restless, and don't sit around long. Spent much of the 10 weeks I was off, working around the house, working on my SUV. It hurt sometimes, but I got through it. Better than sitting around, and I knew I need to stay active, or I'd pay for it at work. The last 2-3 weeks, I was pretty much pain-free, and could have gone to work. The doctor was firm on the 10 weeks, no light duty (never mentioned, I hadn't followed that advice at home).

Far as I know, there is no one working out in the warehouse, with a crap-sack strapped to their side. Not sure if that level of physical activity is doctor approved. There are probably jobs there, you might be able to do, but they aren't generally entry-level, unless nobody wants them. We aren't automated, like Amazon, most of the work, is actually physical lifting.

I can do the work in most any area of the warehouse, but have doubt that I could gain enough speed to make the production standard. I stuck with my current position, because I don't have a standard. There isn't one, mostly because I get it done, without any concerns or complaints (mostly). Everyone downstream, have no problem making their production expectations, or better.
28-03-2020 22:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
[

I doubt seriously that you could pass the physical, not to mention, I'm sure you are not physically up to the task, or could be, to survive the first week. Not sure what the current standard is these days, but it use to be 90 days, to pull your weight. Lots of people in their 20's don't last more than a few weeks. I didn't have a tough time going back to work, after my surgery, because I'm sort of restless, and don't sit around long. Spent much of the 10 weeks I was off, working around the house, working on my SUV. It hurt sometimes, but I got through it. Better than sitting around, and I knew I need to stay active, or I'd pay for it at work. The last 2-3 weeks, I was pretty much pain-free, and could have gone to work. The doctor was firm on the 10 weeks, no light duty (never mentioned, I hadn't followed that advice at home).

Far as I know, there is no one working out in the warehouse, with a crap-sack strapped to their side. Not sure if that level of physical activity is doctor approved. There are probably jobs there, you might be able to do, but they aren't generally entry-level, unless nobody wants them. We aren't automated, like Amazon, most of the work, is actually physical lifting.

I can do the work in most any area of the warehouse, but have doubt that I could gain enough speed to make the production standard. I stuck with my current position, because I don't have a standard. There isn't one, mostly because I get it done, without any concerns or complaints (mostly). Everyone downstream, have no problem making their production expectations, or better.

Harvey, it really shows no character when you attack for someone being handicapped.
This is something I really don't understand about people. It seems if you (people who have had an easy life, not you specifically but in the plural. Thou is actually as an example my saying Harvey or I can say thou. And you is plural in proper English meaning a group of people that I am addressing, ie., if I say you then I am addressing this forum or all peoples reading my post and if I say thou then I am addressing the person that the post is directed towards) have nothing to overcome then you appreciate nothing. This could be why I find having different interests pretty cool. Maybe that's where I should be thanking thou for showing me how good I have it?
Edited on 28-03-2020 22:21
28-03-2020 22:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21671)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
[

Harvey, it really shows no character when you attack for someone being handicapped.
This is something I really don't understand about people. It seems if you (people who have had an easy life, not you specifically but in the plural. Thou is actually as an example my saying Harvey or I can say thou. And you is plural in proper English meaning a group of people that I am addressing, ie., if I say you then I am addressing this forum or all peoples reading my post and if I say thou then I am addressing the person that the post is directed towards) have nothing to overcome then you appreciate nothing. This could be why I find having different interests pretty cool. Maybe that's where I should be thanking thou for showing me how good I have it?

I don't think you're handicapped. You are just making it up.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
28-03-2020 23:31
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:

I don't think you're handicapped. You are just making it up.

There is something that really bothers me. Is having a family in the US really that bad? What I keep hearing is how miserable people are because they had one.
There is one American who told me that he is disabled and has a family to support. I suggested that we work together to see if we could come up with something and he said that's typical socialist thinking.
Edited on 28-03-2020 23:53
29-03-2020 00:41
(5197)
I just told it to you straight. It's not a job for out-of-shape, basically lazy people. It takes 2-3 weeks for active, physically fit people, to adjust to the activities, assigned to them. It's rough starting out for everyone. Your age alone, is handicap enough, makes it unlikely you'd have what it takes. Mentally, I doubt you have the strength to push through, too focused on making excuses, not really looking to find solutions. Just the expectation of other people doing the work, you don't feel able to do, because of your disabilities. I get hurt, but I still figure out how to work, until I heal, and had very few exceptions. I tough for a few weeks, painful, but I know sitting on my ass, won't make it heal any quicker.
29-03-2020 01:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I just told it to you straight. It's not a job for out-of-shape, basically lazy people. It takes 2-3 weeks for active, physically fit people, to adjust to the activities, assigned to them. It's rough starting out for everyone. Your age alone, is handicap enough, makes it unlikely you'd have what it takes. Mentally, I doubt you have the strength to push through, too focused on making excuses, not really looking to find solutions. Just the expectation of other people doing the work, you don't feel able to do, because of your disabilities. I get hurt, but I still figure out how to work, until I heal, and had very few exceptions. I tough for a few weeks, painful, but I know sitting on my ass, won't make it heal any quicker.

It's people like you Harvey that make me want to move out of the US. Kind of why I was discouraged from pursing an education. If it doesn't come easy, it doesn't come at all.

Anymore, I am in the wrong place. That's on me.
Edited on 29-03-2020 03:33
29-03-2020 08:25
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14470)
James___ wrote:It's people like you Harvey that make me want to move out of the US.

I KNEW Harvey was to blame all along. Everybody has been trying to convince me that it's the coronahoax but I sensed that Harvey was behind this whole mess. Thank you for confiming that for me James__.

Harvey, I am sooooo onto you.

James___ wrote: Anymore, I am in the wrong place. That's on me.

No, it's just a little mustard from your sandwich.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
30-03-2020 21:26
Amanbir GrewalProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(123)
funnily the anti-christ is chasing you thru the street with his all-out attack on your preparedness to deliver HEALTH and EDUCATION to the MOB.

labour manifestos being burnt alive without cheap oil@ 23dollarss/barrel won't help you warm thru an el nino winter will it?

HEALTH= COVIDZ

EDUCATION = CLIMATE CHANGE AWARENESS

AUGUST COMTE AN EMPLOYED SOCIALIST BEFORE A PANEL OTHERWISE A SIMPLE PLANNER OF GUISES AND POTIONS

Join the debate Interesting news:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Breaking News. Liberal turd Dianne Feinstein croaked and as such I will mourn in my030-09-2023 02:00
Breaking News- Please call 843-963-3600, if you have seen our crashed F35 Lego jet219-09-2023 14:52
fox news3516-09-2023 13:27
BREAKING NEWS Vaccinated Jill Xiden gets covid for second time005-09-2023 05:37
The retards at FOX news claim 74 year old rapist teacher faces 600 years behind bars004-08-2023 23:48
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact