Remember me
▼ Content

Global cooling in 2030 it's true???

Page 2 of 4<1234>
02-09-2016 16:07
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
DRKTS wrote:We had 104 published predictions of this solar cycle up to a year in advance. How many were right? None!

So what are the chances of one being right 20 years in advance? Very Low. You may as well flip a coin.

Aesop describes your kind of "sour grapes" in a fable. You are pouting about how empirical observations run counter to your WACKY, science-denying, religious dogma.

The observations MUST be bad.

Yes, I feel for you.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-09-2016 16:11
(14414)
Surface Detail wrote: No. The Earth is not a blackbody, hence its emission is a function of both its temperature (as per the SB law) and its emissivity.

Emissivity is a constant. Go learn science.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-09-2016 16:49
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote: And isn't the Stefan-Boltzmann law to do with temperature not magnetism?

Correct. Stefan-Boltzmann tells you that if the sun's output decreases then the earth's temperature decreases.

That is a major misunderstanding of the earths energy balance. The Stefan-Boltzmann equation only tells the change in temperature that the sun emits when the energy emitted from the sun changes. Since that temperature is the fourth root of the energy the forcing is weak. But all things being equal it will cause a change in the earth's temperature. But all things are not equal. CO2 causes the earth to warm like putting on a jacket warms a person even if the temperature doesn't change. Water vapor is also a greenhouse gas that causes the earth to warm if it increases. Greater reflectivity of the earth like the greening of the earth or the melting of glaciers that expose darker material below works to warm the earth. So the suns output can decrease, but if the other factors that control surface temperature increase then the net result will be an increase in temperature. The sun's output has never been a big driver of temperature change. It just sometimes starts a process that allows feedback factors to kick in.

Okay, dude. Let's just shut off the sun and SEE how big a driver of temperature change it is!

Then we can talk about water vapor and the magick energy source it contains and the magick warming its capable of.

Ok I'm beginning to see the problem. You need help with the science. There is a really big difference between how much energy the sun gives off and how much CHANGE in energy the sun gives off. We are so far away from the sun that a large change in the sun's energy will be small by the time it reaches us. Does that help

No. It is simply a somewhat lesser form of discounting the effect of the sun. No significant energy on Earth comes from anywhere except the sun.

No magick gas on Earth is a source of energy. The atmosphere is not a source of energy. It's just mass.

I completely agree. I never said anything about earth's energy not coming from the sun. Global warming is based on how much energy is retained here on earth relative to how much is reflected back out into space. The atmosphere is not a source of energy but changing the properties of the atmosphere changes the reflective property of the atmosphere. That concept is used in heat transfer design every day.
02-09-2016 16:54
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:
You didn't know that water vapor is a greenhouse gas? You should get out more.

Water vapor is not a greenhouse gas. It does not add to the overall temperature of the Earth any more than nitrogen does.

Water vapor doesn't even have a big effect on temperature swing. It's specific heat is not a remarkable value in any way.

You need to get with your fellow CC deniers and decide on which argument to make. They have all been saying for years that since water vapor is a greenhouse gas that it is the cause of global warming, not CO2.

Of course nitrogen does not cause temperature to change, it's not a greenhouse gas. Its molecular structure is symmetrical.
02-09-2016 17:17
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
IBdaMann wrote:
Surface Detail wrote: No. The Earth is not a blackbody, hence its emission is a function of both its temperature (as per the SB law) and its emissivity.

Emissivity is a constant. Go learn science.

I don't think I've ever encountered this level of stupid before, but I'll do my best to explain: emissivity isn't a constant if it changes.

You could, for example, change the emissivity of a rock by painting it with high-emissivity paint. Or you could change the emissivity of a planet by altering the composition of its atmosphere. Do you understand? If the emissivity of a body changes, it's not a constant.
02-09-2016 18:49
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
DRKTS wrote:
spot wrote:
The Daily Mail is a bit of a joke when it comes to science, I've just read into it more and surprise surprise the scientists were misrepresented,
http://www.iflscience.com/environment/mini-ice-age-not-reason-ignore-global-warming/
Also take into account their work is speculative, we do have as well as quite a few trolls a solar physicist who occasional posts on this forum. it would be interesting to get his opinion.

We have had many such models in the past predicting huge cycles or Maunder minimum. They have one feature in common - they have all been wrong.

The idea of two interfering dynamos (oscillators) was something I have been pushing for over a decade now. Mine though is not a deep dynamo interfering with as surface but the two hemispheres (N & S).

The only problem is that such a system defies prediction. Here is the result of a similar but much simpler system two linked pendulums. From two simple oscillators were get chaos ...

We had 104 published predictions of this solar cycle up to a year in advance. How many were right? None!

So what are the chances of one being right 20 years in advance? Very Low. You may as well flip a coin.

We also have had predictions based on a "breakthrough in solar dynamo modelling" by Dr Dikpati at UCAR in the mid 2000's. It reproduced past cycles perfectly but predicted a big cycle for SC24 and we got a weak one.

Solar cycle prediction is a great business. You predict a big, average or small cycle (a 1 in 3 chance of being right) 10 -20 years in advance. If you guess right then you can say I told you so. If you guess wrong then you forget what you said (because nobody else will remember) and do a new prediction.

Some solar cycle predictors - forecast different outcomes at different times so no matter what happens they are right (look up Hathaway's many different predictions for SC24 from 2008 to the present!).

Thats interesting, thanks.
02-09-2016 18:49
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
IBdaMann wrote:

Aesop describes your kind of "sour grapes" in a fable. You are pouting about how empirical observations run counter to your WACKY, science-denying, religious dogma.

The observations MUST be bad.

Yes, I feel for you.

The first paragraph is just an illogical and non sequitur rant.

Which observations are wrong? The sunspot number?

It is so easy even you could do it. You look at the Sun and count the number of sunspot groups (G) and then the number of individual sunspots (N(s)).

Then SSN = 10G + N(s)

This data is not only collected by professional observatories but by hundreds of thousands of amateur astronomers round the world. I used to do it when I was a teenager. Not a lot can go wrong with that.

Duh!
02-09-2016 19:37
(14414)
DRKTS wrote:The first paragraph is just an illogical and non sequitur rant.

It is so easy even you could do it. You look at the Sun and count the number of sunspot groups (G) and then the number of individual sunspots (N(s)).

Then SSN = 10G + N(s)

This data is not only collected by professional observatories but by hundreds of thousands of amateur astronomers round the world. I used to do it when I was a teenager. Not a lot can go wrong with that.

Duh!

I'm guessing you didn't understand my post.

02-09-2016 20:00
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
IBdaMann wrote:
DRKTS wrote:The first paragraph is just an illogical and non sequitur rant.

Then SSN = 10G + N(s)

Duh!

I'm guessing you didn't understand my post.

No, I am stating you don't know what the hell you are talking about as you cannot express the concepts in simple understandable English (is it your second language?) and substantiate those opinions with any verifiable data.
02-09-2016 20:30
(14414)
DRKTS wrote:No, I am stating you don't know what the hell you are talking about as you cannot express the concepts in simple understandable English (is it your second language?) and substantiate those opinions with any verifiable data.

Excellent attempt to shift your burden of proof.

You are the one asserting Global Warming and "Climate change" and "greenhouse effect" and all sorts of WACKY religious unfalsifiable miracles. I am not claiming ANY religious miracles. The sole burden of proof rests with you. If I'm not making an argument it's because I'm not arguing anything; you are.

You bear the full responsibility to clearly express your arguments beyond refutation. Otherwise, if you are happy with your WACKY religious claims remaining unsupported than I'm happy to let you leave them that way.

If you actually intend to support your WACKY assertions and violations of physics then get to it.

03-09-2016 02:10
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
IBdaMann wrote:
DRKTS wrote:No, I am stating you don't know what the hell you are talking about as you cannot express the concepts in simple understandable English (is it your second language?) and substantiate those opinions with any verifiable data.

You are the one asserting Global Warming and "Climate change" and "greenhouse effect" and all sorts of WACKY religious unfalsifiable miracles. I am not claiming ANY religious miracles. The sole burden of proof rests with you. If I'm not making an argument it's because I'm not arguing anything; you are.

You bear the full responsibility to clearly express your arguments beyond refutation. Otherwise, if you are happy with your WACKY religious claims remaining unsupported than I'm happy to let you leave them that way.

If you actually intend to support your WACKY assertions and violations of physics then get to it.

You are the one making wild unsupported assertions and cannot find evidence to support them. The burden of proof is on the both sides of any scientific argument.

I have already explained in exquisite detail many of my arguments on various threads here and in the links I have provided and in my videos. If you choose not to listen or accept them that is your problem. I am not getting into a bring-me-another-rock situation.

It is your turn to provide something that supports your case. Put up or shut up.
03-09-2016 02:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:

Water vapor is not a greenhouse gas. It does not add to the overall temperature of the Earth any more than nitrogen does.

Water vapor doesn't even have a big effect on temperature swing. It's specific heat is not a remarkable value in any way.

You need to get with your fellow CC deniers and decide on which argument to make. They have all been saying for years that since water vapor is a greenhouse gas that it is the cause of global warming, not CO2.

Of course nitrogen does not cause temperature to change, it's not a greenhouse gas. Its molecular structure is symmetrical.

The shape of the molecule does not give anything the ability to raise the overall temperature. Water vapor does not cause the Earth to warm. It is not a greenhouse gas.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-09-2016 02:41
(21599)
DRKTS wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You are the one making wild unsupported assertions and cannot find evidence to support them. The burden of proof is on the both sides of any scientific argument.

I have already explained in exquisite detail many of my arguments on various threads here and in the links I have provided and in my videos. If you choose not to listen or accept them that is your problem. I am not getting into a bring-me-another-rock situation.

It is your turn to provide something that supports your case. Put up or shut up.

Wrong. No one needs to prove a negative.

You have presented no argument other than the circular one that global warming exists because global warming exists. You then go on to try to support your case by using assumptions of the effects of global warming.

Your entire argument is based on the initial circular argument that global warming exists.

This is the core of any religion. No religion can exist without starting from a circular argument. Attempting to prove a god exists, or proving no god exists, the argument of creation, the argument of evolution, the argument of global warming, ALL begin with circular arguments.

Circular arguments are not necessarily a bad thing, but YOU MUST REMEMBER YOU BEGAN THERE! Science cannot entertain such concepts. It does not tolerate the circular argument. To use them then, is to place yourself outside the realm of science.

The problem with the Church of Global Warming is that it does not recognize this. At least most Christians recognize the value of faith in their religion.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 03-09-2016 02:44
03-09-2016 02:46
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:

The shape of the molecule does not give anything the ability to raise the overall temperature. Water vapor does not cause the Earth to warm. It is not a greenhouse gas.

I like your style ITN. No argument, no discussion, no comprehension. Just a flat denial of basic facts. Have you considered a career in politics?
03-09-2016 02:50
(21599)
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:

I like your style ITN. No argument, no discussion, no comprehension. Just a flat denial of basic facts. Have you considered a career in politics?

First, learn what a fact is. You are confusing a fact with an argument.

There is no source of energy in water vapor. I do not have to prove a negative. YOU have to prove how water vapor is a source of energy.

The Parrot Killer

03-09-2016 02:53
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:

First, learn what a fact is. You are confusing a fact with an argument.

There is no source of energy in water vapor. I do not have to prove a negative. YOU have to prove how water vapor is a source of energy.

It is a fact that water vapour is a greenhouse gas.
03-09-2016 03:42
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:

You are the only denier I have ever heard say water vapor is not a greenhouse gas. All the others use it to say the warming is natural and not caused by CO2.
03-09-2016 03:59
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:

You are the only denier I have ever heard say water vapor is not a greenhouse gas. All the others use it to say the warming is natural and not caused by CO2.

When it comes to denial, ITN is hardcore. "Deny everything" is his motto. No messing about. I'm surprised he hasn't denied the existence of molecules yet.
03-09-2016 03:59
(21599)
Surface Detail wrote:

Once again, since you seem particularly slow about this.

A fact is nothing more than an assumed predicate to an argument. It has nothing to do with observation (due to the effects of phenomenology), it has nothing to to do with what is 'established' (another word for 'consensus'), it has nothing to do with 'everyone knows that' (a fallacy of the argument of popularity, the same fallacy consensus itself makes), it has no power to 'bless' a statement as The Truth.

If all parties to an argument agree on a predicate, that predicate becomes a fact. This is why we refer to facts as 'facts of the argument'. If a single participant of that argument disputes the predicate, it is no longer a fact. It has become an argument.

Data is not a fact. It can be disputed.

A definition is not a fact. There is no authority that owns a definition. Dictionaries are not an authority.

Attempting to bless or sanctify an argument as fact is not a fact. No one has the power to raise a statement to the status of a fact with the agreement of all involved.

Observation is not a fact. It can be disputed. If an optical illusion helps here to visualize this, fine.

argumentum ad populum is not a fact. It is a fallacy. This includes the use of consensus as fact.

Note that a fact does not have to be real to be a fact.

Attempting to make water vapor a greenhouse gas is not a fact. It is an argument. simply stating that is a fact is a circular argument.

We may now return to the actual argument at hand.

What about water vapor leads you to believe it can act as an energy source?

The Parrot Killer

03-09-2016 04:03
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:

A fact is nothing more than an assumed predicate to an argument. It has nothing to do with observation (due to the effects of phenomenology), it has nothing to to do with what is 'established' (another word for 'consensus'), it has nothing to do with 'everyone knows that' (a fallacy of the argument of popularity, the same fallacy consensus itself makes), it has no power to 'bless' a statement as The Truth.

If all parties to an argument agree on a predicate, that predicate becomes a fact. This is why we refer to facts as 'facts of the argument'. If a single participant of that argument disputes the predicate, it is no longer a fact. It has become an argument.

A definition is not a fact. There is no authority that owns a definition. Dictionaries are not an authority.

Attempting to bless or sanctify an argument as fact is not a fact. No one has the power to raise a statement to the status of a fact with the agreement of all involved.

Observation is not a fact. It can be disputed. If an optical illusion helps here to visualize this, fine.

argumentum ad populum is not a fact. It is a fallacy. This includes the use of consensus as fact.

Attempting to make water vapor a greenhouse gas is not a fact. It is an argument. simply stating that is a fact is a circular argument.

A greenhouse gas is a gas that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. Water vapour absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. Therefore water vapour is a greenhouse gas. That is a fact.
03-09-2016 04:08
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
Surface Detail wrote:
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:

When it comes to denial, ITN is hardcore. "Deny everything" is his motto. No messing about. I'm surprised he hasn't denied the existence of molecules yet.

LOL. Now that's funny.
03-09-2016 04:09
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:

Are you saying there are no greenhouses gases?
03-09-2016 04:45
(21599)
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:

That is exactly what I am saying.

The Parrot Killer

03-09-2016 04:57
(21599)
Surface Detail wrote:
A greenhouse gas is a gas that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. Water vapour absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. Therefore water vapour is a greenhouse gas. That is a fact.

Not a fact. A definition by you. Definitions are not a fact.

Let's say you use this definition of a substance being a greenhouse substance.

That would mean the surface and the oceans are greenhouse liquids and solids.

It would also mean that YOU are a greenhouse substance.

Since just about everything emits infrared, your definition can be simplified to any substance that absorbs IR energy. Emission is no longer required as part of the definition.

Since all substances in contact with a warmer substance (the surface) are heated by that contact, then emit IR energy as a result of that contact, your definition which limits absorption of energy to a particular mode of energy absorption seems a little silly.

The Parrot Killer

03-09-2016 05:13
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:

Please then explain how we are not living on a dead ice bound planet. You can calculate what the temperature at the surface of a planet would be at a particular distance from the Sun.

The surface temperature of the Earth should be on average about -16C, instead it is +16C. -16C is almost exactly what the average surface temperature of the Moon is. What is the difference? An atmosphere that traps the Sun's heat.

The shape of the molecules are important - an asymmetric molecule (CO2, CH4, NxO, O3, etc) traps IR in the requisite wavelength band. Symmetric molecules (O2, N2, Ar, He) do not.
03-09-2016 06:16
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
DRKTS wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:

Please then explain how we are not living on a dead ice bound planet. You can calculate what the temperature at the surface of a planet would be at a particular distance from the Sun.

The surface temperature of the Earth should be on average about -16C, instead it is +16C. -16C is almost exactly what the average surface temperature of the Moon is. What is the difference? An atmosphere that traps the Sun's heat.

The shape of the molecules are important - an asymmetric molecule (CO2, CH4, NxO, O3, etc) traps IR in the requisite wavelength band. Symmetric molecules (O2, N2, Ar, He) do not.

Great explanation. The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered.
03-09-2016 13:27
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
Hank wrote:

Great explanation. The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered.

They would probably think that Stefan Boltzman is a lightning throwing superhero from DC Comics. I figured mentioning actual physical laws and equations would confuse the poor little lambs!
03-09-2016 15:31
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:

So why is a night with cloud cover warmer than a night with no clouds?
03-09-2016 21:44
(21599)
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

First, I'll mention a couple of things before answering your question.

1) Liquid water (what a cloud is) has among the highest specific heat of any substance.

2) During the day, such cloud cover produces COOLER temperatures.

3) Median air temperature changes with the passage of fronts. Such fronts often contain clouds, but the clouds are the result of the differing air temperature, not the other way around.

Answer:
It takes longer to heat up liquid water than it does to heat air. It takes longer to cool down liquid water than it does to cool air. The liquid water has not gained overall temperature different from the air, but it will hold onto the energy it gained longer than air.

Water vapor, the invisible water in the air, also has a higher specific heat than the air, but not nearly as much as liquid water.

The effect of an overcast is to narrow the temperature swing around the median, which doesn't change due to this factor.

The best way to see the effect is right here in Seattle, which often gets weeks of low stratus overcast covering the entire region.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 03-09-2016 21:45
03-09-2016 22:28
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:

Not a fact. A definition by you. Definitions are not a fact.

Let's say you use this definition of a substance being a greenhouse substance.

That would mean the surface and the oceans are greenhouse liquids and solids.

It would also mean that YOU are a greenhouse substance.

Since just about everything emits infrared, your definition can be simplified to any substance that absorbs IR energy. Emission is no longer required as part of the definition.

Since all substances in contact with a warmer substance (the surface) are heated by that contact, then emit IR energy as a result of that contact, your definition which limits absorption of energy to a particular mode of energy absorption seems a little silly.

It's not a definition by me. The universally accepted definition of a greenhouse gas is a gas that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. Since water vapour is a gas that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range, it is a greenhouse gas. It is therefore a simple fact that water vapour is, by definition, a greenhouse gas.

There is no such thing as a greenhouse liquid or solid. All liquids and solids absorb and emit radiation within the thermal infrared range.
03-09-2016 22:48
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

1) Liquid water (what a cloud is) has among the highest specific heat of any substance.

3) Median air temperature changes with the passage of fronts. Such fronts often contain clouds, but the clouds are the result of the differing air temperature, not the other way around.

Answer:
It takes longer to heat up liquid water than it does to heat air. It takes longer to cool down liquid water than it does to cool air. The liquid water has not gained overall temperature different from the air, but it will hold onto the energy it gained longer than air.

Water vapor, the invisible water in the air, also has a higher specific heat than the air, but not nearly as much as liquid water.

The effect of an overcast is to narrow the temperature swing around the median, which doesn't change due to this factor.

The best way to see the effect is right here in Seattle, which often gets weeks of low stratus overcast covering the entire region.

I was talking about days when it is sunny during the day and cloudy at night as opposed to sunny during the day and no clouds at night. The day temperatures are about the same but the night temperatures are a lot different.
03-09-2016 23:59
(21599)
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Answer:

I was talking about days when it is sunny during the day and cloudy at night as opposed to sunny during the day and no clouds at night. The day temperatures are about the same but the night temperatures are a lot different.

On such days, the night might be a lot COLDER (a front moved in) or a lot WARMER (a front moved in).

Warm fronts tend to have warmer air moving in over the top of colder air. The interface tends to produce stratus clouds.

Cold fronts tend to dig under the warmer air and toss it aloft. The interface tends to have cumulus clouds.

Clouds don't just form for the hell of it. There is a reason they form and there is a reason they tend to be concentrated around weather fronts.

The Parrot Killer

03-09-2016 23:59
(21599)
* duplication removed *

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 04-09-2016 00:00
04-09-2016 00:09
(14414)
Hank wrote:So why is a night with cloud cover warmer than a night with no clouds?

What makes you think it is?

How do you determine what the temperature otherwise should be such that you can tell that something is making it warmer, and how do you then know that it's the clouds making it warmer and not something else?

Just remember that anything involving the subjunctive, e.g. any could'a-would'a-should'a, automatically gets the boolsh-it flag.

04-09-2016 00:22
(14414)
DRKTS wrote:Please then explain how we are not living on a dead ice bound planet.

Why do you think any explanation is needed?

There is no such thing as any "greenhouse effect."

Everything is as it is.

What needs to be explained?

DRKTS wrote: You can calculate what the temperature at the surface of a planet would be at a particular distance from the Sun.

Nope. False. You worship at warmizombie websites I see. They are leading you astray.

04-09-2016 00:29
(14414)
Surface Detail wrote:It's not a definition by me. The universally accepted definition of a greenhouse gas is a gas that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range.

It's certainly not universal. Only your "Climate" religion recognizes the WACKY "greenhouse effect" miracle. There is no "greenhouse gas" in science. I have no idea where you got that silly notion.

04-09-2016 00:37
(14414)
Hank wrote:Great explanation. The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered.

AWESOME! I must put this in my signature.

Hank, why don't you go win the Nobel prize in physics with your discovery?

04-09-2016 00:39
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
IBdaMann wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:It's not a definition by me. The universally accepted definition of a greenhouse gas is a gas that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range.

It's certainly not universal. Only your "Climate" religion recognizes the WACKY "greenhouse effect" miracle. There is no "greenhouse gas" in science. I have no idea where you got that silly notion.

It certainly is universal. The definition of a greenhouse gas is as universal as the definition of a metal, a planet, a molecule or a vertebrate. Read a book, ask a scientist, google it.
04-09-2016 00:46
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
IBdaMann wrote:
Hank wrote:Great explanation. The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered.

AWESOME! I must put this in my signature.

Hank, why don't you go win the Nobel prize in physics with your discovery?

It's not a discovery. Everyone (except idiots like you and ITN) already knows this. Greenhouse gases change the effective emissivity of the Earth and hence change the amount of radiation emitted for a particular temperature. Remember now?
04-09-2016 01:07
(14414)
Surface Detail wrote:It's not a discovery.

Ya' think?

Surface Detail wrote:Everyone (except idiots like you and ITN) already knows this.

"Everyone knows"? Really? I'm aware of your need to speak for "everyone" and for "all scientists" and "all science organizations" but the words "everyone knows" is for gossipers and paranoid conspiracy theorists.

Surface Detail wrote:Greenhouse gases change the effective emissivity of the Earth and hence change the amount of radiation emitted for a particular temperature. Remember now?

It seems it is you who has once again insisted on corrupting science and subverting it to support your WACKY religion.

Emissivity is a constant. You are choosing to intentionally treat it as a variable so you can change it from what it is (a reality that runs counter to the "greenhouse effect" miracle) to a value you desperately want it to be.

...but it's a constant. You don't get to change it. You can't accept that. I get it. So you pretend reality is something other than what it is. Let me know how it works out for you.

Page 2 of 4<1234>

Join the debate Global cooling in 2030 it's true???:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The dream came true010-08-2022 00:49
true genius1227-02-2022 23:03
The Earth's Core is Cooling722-01-2022 19:08
The True Name Of The New Corona Virus NCOV COVID Is Individual Evolution-Or-Die Virus621-08-2021 03:00
Final Method To Verify Me The Savior Is Seeking Help From True Buddhist Principal Disciples In Asia022-07-2021 16:25
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact