Remember me
▼ Content

GENERATING ENTANGLED QUBITS AND QUDITS WITH FULLY ON-CHIP PHOTONIC QUANTUM SOURCE

GENERATING ENTANGLED QUBITS AND QUDITS WITH FULLY ON-CHIP PHOTONIC QUANTUM SOURCE23-04-2023 17:22
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Link

[img]https://hackaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/nature_photonics_2023_photonic_quantum_qubit_light_source.jpg?w=800[/img]

As the world of computing and communication draws ever closer to a quantum future, researchers are faced with many of the similar challenges encountered with classical computing and the associated semiconductor hurdles. For the use of entangled photon pairs, for example, it was already possible to perform the entanglement using miniaturized photonic structures, but these still required a bulky external laser source. In a recently demonstrated first, a team of researchers have created a fully on-chip integrated laser source with photonic circuitry that can perform all of these tasks without external modules.

In their paper published in Nature Photonics, Hatam Mahmudlu and colleagues cover the process in detail. Key to this achievement was finding a way to integrate the laser and photonics side into a single, hybric chip while overcoming the (refractive) mismatch between the InP optical amplifier and Si3N4 waveguide feedback circuit. The appeal of photon-based quantum entanglement should be obvious when one considers the relatively stable nature of these pairs and their compatibility with existing optical (fiber) infrastructure. What was missing previously was an economical and compact way to create these pairs outside of a laboratory setup. Assuming that the described approach can be scaled up for mass-production, it may just make quantum communications a realistic option outside of government organizations.

Another example of just how far off quantum computers are from any practical application outside of a lab. Should also note, this is just paper, and not an actual prototype. It'll still be many years, presuming they can get somebody with the money, and specialty equipment to fabricate their proposal.
24-04-2023 19:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21628)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Link

[img]https://hackaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/nature_photonics_2023_photonic_quantum_qubit_light_source.jpg?w=800[/img]

As the world of computing and communication draws ever closer to a quantum future, researchers are faced with many of the similar challenges encountered with classical computing and the associated semiconductor hurdles. For the use of entangled photon pairs, for example, it was already possible to perform the entanglement using miniaturized photonic structures, but these still required a bulky external laser source. In a recently demonstrated first, a team of researchers have created a fully on-chip integrated laser source with photonic circuitry that can perform all of these tasks without external modules.

In their paper published in Nature Photonics, Hatam Mahmudlu and colleagues cover the process in detail. Key to this achievement was finding a way to integrate the laser and photonics side into a single, hybric chip while overcoming the (refractive) mismatch between the InP optical amplifier and Si3N4 waveguide feedback circuit. The appeal of photon-based quantum entanglement should be obvious when one considers the relatively stable nature of these pairs and their compatibility with existing optical (fiber) infrastructure. What was missing previously was an economical and compact way to create these pairs outside of a laboratory setup. Assuming that the described approach can be scaled up for mass-production, it may just make quantum communications a realistic option outside of government organizations.

Another example of just how far off quantum computers are from any practical application outside of a lab. Should also note, this is just paper, and not an actual prototype. It'll still be many years, presuming they can get somebody with the money, and specialty equipment to fabricate their proposal.
It is yet another example of making shit up. There is no such thing as 'generating quantum pairs'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-04-2023 21:09
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14451)
HarveyH55 wrote:Another example of just how far off quantum computers are from any practical application outside of a lab.

I look at it a bit differently. There are things that I look for that tell me more about the article, its author and it purpose.

If one looks closely, one can see deeper information between the lines of text.

GENERATING ENTANGLED QUBITS AND QUDITS WITH FULLY ON-CHIP PHOTONIC QUANTUM SOURCE
by: Maya Posch

Key to this achievement was finding a way to integrate the laser and photonics side into a single, hybric chip while overcoming the (refractive) mismatch between the InP optical amplifier and Si3N4 waveguide feedback circuit. The appeal of photon-based quantum entanglement should be obvious when one considers the relatively stable nature of these pairs and their compatibility with existing optical (fiber) infrastructure.

Natural Intraseasonal and Interannual Variability
Dennis L. Hartmann

One objective way of searching for important patterns in SST variability is EOF analysis. For example, if we start with monthly anomalies of SST over the globe, then the first pattern that comes out is ENSO, and it explains about 17% of the global SST variance, much more than any other mode of variability.

Measuring Ocean Acidification: New Technology for a New Era of Ocean Chemistry
Robert H. Byrne

The declining concentration ratio shown here, in conjunction with similar data at diverse locations around the world, indicates that major global change is occurring in the equilibrium status of chemical reactions in the oceans. The increasing departure of the carbonate:bicarbonate concentration ratio from a value of 1 (i.e., the point of maximum buffer intensity) shows that the ability of the oceans' surface layer to buffer pH excursions (including those attributable to local processes such as photosynthesis and respiration) is declining. The concentration ratios shown here were calculated from measurements of pH, S, and T. The black line shows the least-squares best-fit slope: −4.444 (±0.383) × 10–4 yr–1.
29-04-2023 00:10
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Link

LOL Qubits are already being entangled in the real World, not just on paper. Silly

Prof Yin's experiment, which was a bit more complicated in detail than the above simplification, observed no difference in polarization direction. The time it would take light to travel between Alice and Bob was about 50 μs, while the action of the entanglement dynamics had to be less than 0.35 ns. The minimum speed of the entanglement influence is just the one divided by the other, or 144,500 times the speed of light. However, a number of factors go into the interpretation of the results, which reduce the lower limit of the speed of entanglement influence to about 10,000 times the speed of light.

Notice that this result does not eliminate the possibility that the influence of entanglement actually is instantaneous – it merely sets a limit saying how close the influence must be to infinitely fast. Another possibility that is gaining credence is that entanglement dynamics may operate external to time, or at least may ignore time as it ignores distance.

Niels Bohr, one of the prime developers of quantum theory, once said that those who are not shocked when they first encounter quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it. (as you can't) Eighty years later, this is still true, and applies even to those of us who first encountered quantum theory decades ago. It has been refined into an amazing tool, but we are woefully lacking in the ability to say how the world can work this way. Hope springs eternal.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 29-04-2023 00:43
29-04-2023 05:05
(5197)
Funny, how you only understand copy/paste... Stick to planting tomatoes.
29-04-2023 05:06
(5197)
30-04-2023 23:43
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
HarveyH55 wrote:

When I copy and paste you cannot argue the point with me as you are forced to argue with MIT, CAL Tech or whomever, which makes you the silly clown.

Now tell us again that Einstoopud said that nothing can ever travel faster than light, because I need my daily laugh!

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Edited on 30-04-2023 23:46
01-05-2023 21:08
(21628)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Link

LOL Qubits are already being entangled in the real World, not just on paper. Silly

No qubits are being 'entangled'. You can't 'entangle' on command.
Swan wrote:
Prof Yin's experiment, which was a bit more complicated in detail than the above simplification, observed no difference in polarization direction. The time it would take light to travel between Alice and Bob was about 50 μs, while the action of the entanglement dynamics had to be less than 0.35 ns. The minimum speed of the entanglement influence is just the one divided by the other, or 144,500 times the speed of light. However, a number of factors go into the interpretation of the results, which reduce the lower limit of the speed of entanglement influence to about 10,000 times the speed of light.

It is not possible to measure the speed of light. Nothing moves faster than light. Argument from randU fallacies.
Swan wrote:
Notice that this result does not eliminate the possibility that the influence of entanglement actually is instantaneous – it merely sets a limit saying how close the influence must be to infinitely fast. Another possibility that is gaining credence is that entanglement dynamics may operate external to time, or at least may ignore time as it ignores distance.

Nothing is 'infinitely fast'.
Swan wrote:
Niels Bohr, one of the prime developers of quantum theory, once said that those who are not shocked when they first encounter quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it. (as you can't) Eighty years later, this is still true, and applies even to those of us who first encountered quantum theory decades ago. It has been refined into an amazing tool, but we are woefully lacking in the ability to say how the world can work this way. Hope springs eternal.

You discard quantum mechanics.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-05-2023 22:08
(21628)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

When I copy and paste you cannot argue the point with me as you are forced to argue with MIT, CAL Tech or whomever, which makes you the silly clown.

Now tell us again that Einstoopud said that nothing can ever travel faster than light, because I need my daily laugh!

You are not quoting MIT or CAL Tech. You are quoting individuals. Colleges and universities do not speak or post.

The Parrot Killer

02-05-2023 14:03
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

You are not quoting MIT or CAL Tech. You are quoting individuals. Colleges and universities do not speak or post.

Actually Universities are made up of individuals, and the leaders of area's often are the spokesperson for the unit. Like Pez made you their spokesperson years ago.

ULTRA MAGA

02-05-2023 19:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14451)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:You are not quoting MIT or CAL Tech. You are quoting individuals. Colleges and universities do not speak or post.
Actually Universities are made up of individuals, and the leaders of area's often are the spokesperson for the unit.

When you pretend to quote a "university," why shouldn't any presume you are simply quoting the wrong individuals?
02-05-2023 20:44
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:You are not quoting MIT or CAL Tech. You are quoting individuals. Colleges and universities do not speak or post.
Actually Universities are made up of individuals, and the leaders of area's often are the spokesperson for the unit.

When you pretend to quote a "university," why shouldn't any presume you are simply quoting the wrong individuals?

MIT Entanglement open course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3HSP3qMgKI&t=2s

You may now resume stroking your pud

LOL so only you determine who the right individuals are.

This is schizophrenia manifested as delusions of grandeur

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 02-05-2023 20:53
02-05-2023 20:49
(21628)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

A leader is not a college or a university. Redefinition fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

02-05-2023 20:50
(21628)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

It is not possible to entangle particles on command. You are still discarding quantum mechanics.

The Parrot Killer

02-05-2023 20:57
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

It is not possible to entangle particles on command. You are still discarding quantum mechanics.

Actually I am not the professor in the video. Do you understand this? So perhaps you should email professor Barton Zwiebach, and tell him your thoughts. He might need a chuckle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awpnsGl08bc&t=3s

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 02-05-2023 20:59
02-05-2023 21:00
(21628)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

Actually
Mantra 40a.

The Parrot Killer

02-05-2023 21:04
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

Actually
Mantra 40a.

Your post is empty, like your mind

MIT 8.04 Quantum Physics I
View the complete course
Instructor: Allan Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ3bPUKo5zc&t=3s

ULTRA MAGA

03-05-2023 23:06
(21628)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:

Actually
Mantra 40a.

Your post...
Mantra 40a.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate GENERATING ENTANGLED QUBITS AND QUDITS WITH FULLY ON-CHIP PHOTONIC QUANTUM SOURCE:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Optical tweezers building qubits out of individual molecules, this is the first step toward008-12-2023 03:08
PARTICLE ACCELERATOR... ON A CHIP4203-11-2023 02:53
Quantum entanglement visualized for the first time ever1407-10-2023 19:05
IBM quantum experience7213-09-2023 19:48
No more jury trials, the communist judge now fully determines your guilt or innocence.017-08-2023 06:03
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact