Remember me
▼ Content

Deaths due to climate, lots less.

Deaths due to climate, lots less.15-03-2018 11:48
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/03/14/inconvenient-data-fewer-and-fewer-people-die-from-climate-related-natural-disasters/

Notice that the reduction in absolute deaths has happened while the global population has increased four-fold. The individual risk of dying from climate-related disasters has declined by 98.9%. Last year, fewer people died in climate disasters than at any point in the last three decades (1986 was a similarly fortunate year).

The ability of us richer humans to survive the things nature throws at us is ever increasing.
15-03-2018 17:46
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
Tim the plumber wrote:
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/03/14/inconvenient-data-fewer-and-fewer-people-die-from-climate-related-natural-disasters/

Notice that the reduction in absolute deaths has happened while the global population has increased four-fold. The individual risk of dying from climate-related disasters has declined by 98.9%. Last year, fewer people died in climate disasters than at any point in the last three decades (1986 was a similarly fortunate year).

The ability of us richer humans to survive the things nature throws at us is ever increasing.

Quite true about longevity. Just in the last few years, far better equipment is available even for dealing with first aid situations. Medicine itself has advanced substantially.

As far as dying from 'climate related disasters', what is 'climate related'? Is that the same thing as 'weather related'? What's the difference?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-03-2018 18:55
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Droughts, storms, floods, wild fire and extreme temperatures.

Yes, weather is the short term, climate if you want to extrapolate it out to decades, as they have to draw a line that is at all smooth. the noise would be far to high otherwise.
15-03-2018 19:02
(21600)
Tim the plumber wrote:
Droughts, storms, floods, wild fire and extreme temperatures.

Yes, weather is the short term, climate if you want to extrapolate it out to decades, as they have to draw a line that is at all smooth. the noise would be far to high otherwise.

Then the cause of death is an arbitrary label.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-03-2018 19:10
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
If you read the article it is saying that the prevailing ajenda of more natural disasters is wrong and that there have in fact been less deaths due to those sort of things.

That you seem to have a problem with other people using the word climate is not my problem.
15-03-2018 22:15
(21600)
Tim the plumber wrote:
If you read the article it is saying that the prevailing ajenda of more natural disasters is wrong and that there have in fact been less deaths due to those sort of things.

That you seem to have a problem with other people using the word climate is not my problem.

I have a problem with anybody using a buzzword to make their case.

'Climate change' has no meaning other than itself. 'Climate' has no quantifiable meaning.

Death by buzzword?

The Parrot Killer

31-03-2018 01:18
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tim the plumber wrote:

Nightmare has a problem with anyone that knows more than he does or disagrees with him in any particular no matter how small. That would be bad enough if he knew what he was talking about but he doesn't.

Climate is scientifically defined as is climate change. He doesn't believe in science so he will not believe in those definition.

Again and again he will resort to using the Stefan-Boltzmann Law when he doesn't even know what it is and how it applies.

Then he quotes the 2nd law of thermodynamics and promptly shows he doesn't know what that means either.

While we happen to agree on our politics he will EVEN argue about that.

He isn't playing with a full deck because he only has four cards.
31-03-2018 21:48
(21600)
Wake wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

Nightmare has a problem with anyone that knows more than he does or disagrees with him in any particular no matter how small. That would be bad enough if he knew what he was talking about but he doesn't.

Climate is scientifically defined as is climate change. He doesn't believe in science so he will not believe in those definition.

You just can't stop insulting people to make your point, can you?

Climate is not scientifically defined. Climate is defined as 'weather over a long time' or something similar by most people.

Climate is not 'climate change'.
Climate is not 'climate science'. There isn't any such thing.

The terms 'climate change' and 'climate science' are buzzwords...meaningless. They can only be defined as themselves.
Wake wrote:
Again and again he will resort to using the Stefan-Boltzmann Law when he doesn't even know what it is and how it applies.

It is YOU trying to change and deny the Stefan-Boltzmann law. Inversion fallacy.
Wake wrote:
Then he quotes the 2nd law of thermodynamics and promptly shows he doesn't know what that means either.

It is YOU trying to change the laws of thermodynamics. Inversion fallacy.
Wake wrote:
While we happen to agree on our politics he will EVEN argue about that.

It is YOU trying to redefine the Constitution of the United States. Inversion fallacy.
Wake wrote:
He isn't playing with a full deck because he only has four cards.

And of course your usual insulting again.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Deaths due to climate, lots less.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Actor Jamie Foxx is now blind and paralyzed due to the covid vaccine that he was forced to take1011-02-2024 01:28
Jamie Foxx blind and paralyzed due to covid vaccine for Netflix3912-07-2023 20:11
LOL, Anheuser Busch is shutting down plants and laying off employees due to the woke fag bud light ads003-07-2023 03:36
Washington Post reports that a majority of covid deaths are happening to vaccinated people5304-12-2022 06:24
CDC Data Reveals. Majority of COVID-19 Deaths in America Occur Among the Vaccinated & Boosted030-11-2022 20:38
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact