Remember me
▼ Content

computers

computers03-01-2022 21:19
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Is there any similarity between govt control of our lives and computer control of our lives?
Edited on 03-01-2022 21:19
03-01-2022 21:32
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Is there any similarity between govt control of our lives and computer control of our lives?

Define "computer control of our lives".
03-01-2022 21:47
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
I don't think i can. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase.
03-01-2022 21:53
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
keepit wrote:

Computers help governments track information.

03-01-2022 23:22
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:

The government is necessary. A lot of social media can restrict free speech. And this is when it's not offensive. Facebook promotes saying nice things. And if someone doesn't like what you say, Facebook will delete your post.
I had one deleted because a preacher told me that I cannot say that Christians discriminate against me.
YouTube helps to increase the wealth of copyright holders for music. I think The Rolling Stones and The Beatles copyrights have made enough money while musicians performing their music aren't wealthy.
04-01-2022 00:06
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14438)
keepit wrote:Is there any similarity between govt control of our lives and computer control of our lives?

I would have to say that the "control of our lives" is definitely one similarity between the two.
04-01-2022 03:25
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:Is there any similarity between govt control of our lives and computer control of our lives?

I would have to say that the "control of our lives" is definitely one similarity between the two.

There is usually control. After the fall of Rome, there was the Holy Roman Empire.
But it was the Vikings (people like me) that showed people why they needed government. The sad reality is that before occupation by my people there were no European countries.
We gave rise to the Knights Templar who used faith in Jesus to get rid of us. Are you that strong now? I doubt it. And as anyone knows, Friday the 13th was the end of the Knights Templar and was the rise of France.
I know the history of my people. Where were yours? Learning how to be Kiev Roosk (present day Ukraine and Western Russia) or French?
Roosk is actually spelled Руск which became Руский. And with Russia, it basically says Руск и Я, that's known as Russia today РуссиЯ. And yet an American says "we're 200 years old" but never 1,000 years old or more.
If only you guys knew more than a little history. And with me, my people were there and we know it today.

p.s., an FYI, during the time of the Tsars, Russia did not exist beyond the Urals. This is why a Frenchman and a Russian started the city of Yekaterinburg. It was to get away from the Tsars taxes in Russia. Basic history anyone knows as I am sure you guys know so why I am I saying this?
Edited on 04-01-2022 03:42
04-01-2022 04:33
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This link basically explains what is accepted today. https://www.history.com/news/why-friday-the-13th-spelled-doom-for-the-knights-templar
The Christian power that pushed out us Vikings became us. And this in turn allowed for local governments like what the King of France wanted. And that is for people to be ruled by one of their own. Could you imagine a people supporting each other?
And now we have today. People fight each other. As for me, I like being a Viking.
04-01-2022 05:10
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And the Vikings traded with Constantinople. Where crucible steel came from. Am familiar with the firing process. And today Constantinople is Istanbul (1930). But that was over a 1,000 years ago that the Vikings traded with Constantinople.
This I think actually took them (Vikings) through Kiev because they hauled their ships overland. And as we all know, Kiev, Ukraine became Russia of today. Why Putin mentions history and Ukraine's relationship with Russia.
And again, you guys know this. It's not like asking why is KE = 3/2kT different than
Attached image:

Edited on 04-01-2022 05:15
04-01-2022 05:23
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
With the firing process of crucible steel, they banked their fires like what some people do with cooking venison or pork. It's not in the ground but it is in a sealed oven (think a pizza oven). Because any banked fire has insulation, it becomes warmer. That's kind of like a person burying themself in a snowdrift, the snow will act as insulation. Just the best way to keep warm in a blizzard.
Edited on 04-01-2022 05:53
04-01-2022 05:34
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And with her, kind of doubt she wants people to know who she is;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNgK6xStHOY
04-01-2022 05:42
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
The West died with the (cool) Dark Ages. Both Rome and Greece survived because of Norway. It was the Vikings who taught government and trade to Europe that allowed for the Medieval period. Just basic facts of history.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLvohMXgcBo

p.s., the cool dark ages was a cycle of the Earth cooling in the northern hemisphere. The Gulf Stream allowed Norway (Vikings) to survive this period of cooling. But you guys have never lived there, have you?
And yet you wonder why the Vikings thrived. It simply isn't a part of who you are.
Edited on 04-01-2022 05:43
04-01-2022 05:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And for Harvey; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ZycJC-pmo
And with Micheala Lynn and her banjo, she's not like us;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZoJiTP5XZo

We're not nice people. We should leave nice people out of our problems.
And Harvey, I think Russians might help me with you and gfm. This is the internet, not everyone is your friend.
Edited on 04-01-2022 06:05
04-01-2022 06:38
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And Harvey, I think on the dark web I can find friends that would like you guys. You guys know I'm not a nice person. And I've found that i have friends where you won't go. It's odd that way but people help me that way. I guess they need a reason like you guys do.
Harvey, not sure why they like me but people you don't like like me. They do.

I need to make new friends. Just too easy.
Edited on 04-01-2022 07:05
04-01-2022 07:05
(14438)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
There is usually control.

It is always about control.

James___ wrote:After the fall of Rome, there was the Holy Roman Empire.

More than a century before the Roman empire there was Carthage, and its vestiges still remain, vestiges being what they are.

James___ wrote:But it was the Vikings (people like me) that showed people why they needed government.

The Vikings were handicapped?

... anyway, if their project works out, they'll be able to have lives without Christians trying to sell them vacation packages to Murmansk.

James___ wrote:The sad reality is that before occupation by my people there were no European countries.

I know. Your people arrived way too early. They had to wait around a long time for the Romans to show them how to build ships.

James___ wrote: We gave rise to the Knights Templar who used faith in Jesus to get rid of us.

How old are you? Oh, wait ... you're using the Marxist "we" again, aren't you?

James___ wrote: I know the history of my people.

Are they my people too? If my project works out, I'll be able to have a life without the Knights of Templar trying to get rid of me either.

James___ wrote:Where were yours?

Now that you mention it, my people might have been in Carthage, getting ready to teach the Romans how to build ships, so they could, in turn, teach the Vikings.

I'm working on a project, Bessler's Boat, which will sail forever once you give it a push. The original designs were stolen by a Viking who strangely got stranded in the middle of the Pacific testing the concept. I will probably have to wing it a little. My plan is to tell some scientists and engineers what I want and let them design it to allow for E = hv.

James___ wrote: If only you guys knew more that a little history.

That would leave us as the only people who know more than a little history.

James___ wrote:And with me, my people were there and we know it today.

The Marxist "we" again, right?
04-01-2022 07:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And i am now on the dark web. Is Harvey and gfm worth it? We're playing a game.
it's your turn.
Edited on 04-01-2022 07:15
04-01-2022 08:32
(14438)
James___ wrote:And i am now on the dark web.

You are competing with keepit, I see.

James___ wrote: Is Harvey and gfm worth it?

Are Harvey and gfm7175 worth it?

04-01-2022 16:23
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
I see James is being weird again...
04-01-2022 18:01
(14438)
James___ wrote:And i am now on the dark web.

James__ on the dark web.
Attached image:

04-01-2022 20:51
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21612)
keepit wrote:

No.

Computers don't control your life.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-01-2022 20:58
(21612)
keepit wrote:
I don't think i can. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase.

Assuming your are not a robot or mechanical device, computers do not control your life.

Yes, computers are everywhere. They are several of them in any modern car, running things like traffic lights to sewer plants to farms to trucking dispatch. But 'running' them is actually only assisting.

You still drive the car. You still flush the toilet yourself. You still choose to buy the milk, beef, chicken, and other farm and ranch produce yourself. You choose where to browse, what forums you visit, etc. yourself.

Even if you choose to buy a self driving car (when they finally become available), it is your decision to do so, and your decision to get into the thing.

So...no. Computers do not control your life.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-01-2022 20:58
(21612)
Spongy Iris wrote:
keepit wrote:

Computers help governments track information.

So? They help YOU track information too!

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate computers:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
computers6521-04-2023 03:08
Questions about computers1304-01-2022 19:33
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact