Remember me
▼ Content

Climate scientists are struggling to find the right words for very bad news

Climate scientists are struggling to find the right words for very bad news06-10-2018 18:33
James___
★★★☆☆
(652)
...With something like this I don't think they know the specific role that CO2 plays in our atmosphere. They haven't considered the possibility that the Earth's gravitational field is responsible for the troposphere as well as the tropopause and the mesopause which helps to insulate the Earth's atmosphere just as the Van Allen radiation belts trap highly ionized particles.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/energy-environment/2018/10/03/climate-scientists-are-struggling-find-right-words-very-bad-news/?utm_term=.7d73cd9ace45
06-10-2018 18:56
Into the Night
★★★★★
(5733)
James___ wrote:
...With something like this I don't think they know the specific role that CO2 plays in our atmosphere.

In terms of temperature, none...zero...nada.
James___ wrote:
They haven't considered the possibility that the Earth's gravitational field is responsible for the troposphere as well as the tropopause and the mesopause which helps to insulate the Earth's atmosphere

The tropopause and the msopause ARE part of Earth's atmosphere. They don't insulate anything.
James___ wrote:
just as the Van Allen radiation belts trap highly ionized particles.

You can't trap heat.

The Parrot Killer
Join the debate Climate scientists are struggling to find the right words for very bad news:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
"Freakishly Warm" Arctic Weather Has Scientists Reconsidering Worst-Case Scenarios on Climate1104-06-2018 18:50
Alan Rusbridger: Climate change must be prominent on our news websites ...020-05-2018 11:59
Google And Fake News3410-04-2018 19:22
The Trump Administration Wants To Debate Climate Change On TV. Here's What Scientists Think About It 1506-03-2018 22:53
An open letter to the Prime Minister on the climate crisis, from 154 scientists - August 24, 20161216-12-2017 00:03
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact