Remember me
▼ Content

Climate scientists are struggling to find the right words for very bad news

Climate scientists are struggling to find the right words for very bad news06-10-2018 20:33
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
...With something like this I don't think they know the specific role that CO2 plays in our atmosphere. They haven't considered the possibility that the Earth's gravitational field is responsible for the troposphere as well as the tropopause and the mesopause which helps to insulate the Earth's atmosphere just as the Van Allen radiation belts trap highly ionized particles.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/energy-environment/2018/10/03/climate-scientists-are-struggling-find-right-words-very-bad-news/?utm_term=.7d73cd9ace45
06-10-2018 20:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
James___ wrote:
...With something like this I don't think they know the specific role that CO2 plays in our atmosphere.

In terms of temperature, none...zero...nada.
James___ wrote:
They haven't considered the possibility that the Earth's gravitational field is responsible for the troposphere as well as the tropopause and the mesopause which helps to insulate the Earth's atmosphere

The tropopause and the msopause ARE part of Earth's atmosphere. They don't insulate anything.
James___ wrote:
just as the Van Allen radiation belts trap highly ionized particles.

You can't trap heat.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2018 02:26
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
...With something like this I don't think they know the specific role that CO2 plays in our atmosphere.

James___ wrote:
They haven't considered the possibility that the Earth's gravitational field is responsible for the troposphere as well as the tropopause and the mesopause which helps to insulate the Earth's atmosphere

The tropopause and the msopause ARE part of Earth's atmosphere. They don't insulate anything.
James___ wrote:

You can't trap heat.

The atmosphere as a whole changes radiated heat into molecular transfer. This slows the heat transfer to space so after a fashion CO2 like any other component of the atmosphere acts to slow the exit of solar energy from the Earth to space.

There are ionized particles in the Van Allen Belts. They have no effect other than as trapped ionizing radiation until they are degraded to radiated heat.
01-11-2018 03:07
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
[quote]James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

You can't trap heat.

The atmosphere as a whole changes radiated heat into molecular transfer.
Wake wrote:
This slows the heat transfer to space

Absorption destroys the photon. It does not slow it down or stop it...it DESTROYS it.
Radiance CREATES a photon. It does not slow it down or stop it.

You can't slow or trap heat.
Wake wrote:
so after a fashion CO2 like any other component of the atmosphere acts to slow the exit of solar energy from the Earth to space.

No, it doesn't. You are denying the Stefan-Boltzmann law again.
Wake wrote:
There are ionized particles in the Van Allen Belts. They have no effect other than as trapped ionizing radiation until they are degraded to radiated heat.

The particles in the Van Allen Belt do not heat the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate Climate scientists are struggling to find the right words for very bad news:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Previous Panics by *Scientists*027-03-2024 20:35
Why humans are so bad at thinking about climate change?2119-02-2024 00:26
Why exactly is strip mining for coal bad, yet strip mining for Lithium is good923-12-2023 00:11
Breaking News. Liberal turd Dianne Feinstein croaked and as such I will mourn in my030-09-2023 02:00
Breaking News- Please call 843-963-3600, if you have seen our crashed F35 Lego jet219-09-2023 14:52
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact