Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Change Denial in the Age of Trump - Michael Mann

Climate Change Denial in the Age of Trump | Michael Mann27-05-2018 01:46
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
"The era of Donald Trump has caused an eruption of climate change deniers coming forward, directly in the face of the overwhelming consensus of the world's scientists that climate change is real and human-caused.
This type of belligerent denial has now infected the very highest level of our government. The official policy of the U.S. government is distraction, denial and delay, and doubling down on our headlong exploitation of dirty fossil fuel energy.

This talk explores the scientific evidence of climate change, why we should care about climate change denial, and the often absurd efforts by special interests and partisan political figures to confuse the public, wage a war on science, attack scientists, and deny that a problem even exists..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J1WaAcPdr4

"Bring us your sick and tired, your educated ..."
RE: Climate Change Denial in the Age of Trump | Michael Mann27-05-2018 09:29
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21765)
monckton wrote:
[i]"The era of Donald Trump has caused an eruption of climate change deniers coming forward,

Nope. Outsiders of the Church of Global Warming have always existed as long as the Church of Global Warming existed.
monckton wrote:
directly in the face of the overwhelming consensus of the world's scientists that climate change is real and human-caused.

Consensus is not used in science.

Define 'climate change' without using circular definitions. Science is not interested in meaningless buzzwords.
monckton wrote:
This type of belligerent denial has now infected the very highest level of our government.
Good.
monckton wrote:
The official policy of the U.S. government is distraction, denial and delay, and doubling down on our headlong exploitation of dirty fossil fuel energy.

Fossils don't burn. We don't use them for fuel.
monckton wrote:
This talk explores the scientific evidence
There is no such thing as 'scientific' evidence. Science is a set of falsifiable theories, not any kind of evidence.
monckton wrote:
of climate change,
Define 'climate change'. You keep using this meaningless buzzword.
monckton wrote:
why we should care about climate change denial,

The Church of Global Warming is a fundamentalist style religion. The only you care about an Outsider is that they are the great Satan of your religion.
monckton wrote:
and the often absurd efforts by special interests and partisan political figures to confuse the public,
Inversion fallacy. It is YOU that tries to deceive.
monckton wrote:
wage a war on science,

Inversion fallacy. Is it YOU that denies science, specifically the laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
monckton wrote:
attack scientists,
Compositional error.
monckton wrote:
and deny that a problem even exists...

A buzzword is not a problem unless you try to worship it and force your religion upon everybody else.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Join the debate Climate Change Denial in the Age of Trump - Michael Mann:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Do you think the Supreme Court will ban Trump6431-01-2024 22:27
How many of the unreleased FBI-Swan Interview files does Trump have?416-09-2023 03:05
How many of the unreleased FBI-JFK assassination files does Trump have?4513-09-2023 22:50
The deep state has a choice, destroy Trump, or help him get reelected113-09-2023 01:14
Trump appointed federal Judge Limits Federal Government's Contact with Social Media Companies306-07-2023 18:11
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact