Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Change - Be careful or you might learn something

Page 3 of 5<12345>
27-03-2022 13:54
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
So she was hungry and you convinced her to plant more trees for some one else. It used to be called slavery
27-03-2022 19:19
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21635)
duncan61 wrote:
So she was hungry and you convinced her to plant more trees for some one else. It used to be called slavery

It still is.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
RE: The Nefarious Hidden Agenda of Tree Huggers. SLAVERY!27-03-2022 23:38
sealover
★★★★☆
(1259)
The Nefarious Hidden Agenda of Tree Huggers. SLAVERY!

When Ronald Reagan stopped funding the NGOs that provided the national school lunch program, he tried to protect that girl from SLAVERY.

If her parents just made her stay home and work, instead of go to school where she wouldn't even get a free lunch...

If she just didn't go to school that day, she wouldn't have been available for my enslavement through the school educational program.

Poor girl. I hear my people worked her to death planting too many trees.

Why ELSE would anyone care about planting trees, other than for SLAVERY?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

It still is.
28-03-2022 01:31
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Why is the government funding non government organizations . Its what NGO stands for idiot
RE: USAID gives BILLIONS in GRANTS to NGOs!28-03-2022 01:39
sealover
★★★★☆
(1259)
USAID gives BILLIONS in GRANTS to NGOs!

USAID, the United States Agency for International Development, is under the US Department of State.

As part of US foreign policy, thousands of millions of dollars are given each year as grants to non government organizations (NGOs).

The national school lunch program NGOs didn't have time to find funding to fill in the breach when USAID suddenly discontinued grants for the program.

It was all part of the "debt crisis" thing.

They had borrowed a lot of money and they couldn't keep up with payments.

Severe "austerity" measures would have to be taken before they qualified for emergency bailout loans to keep up with interest payments on old loans...

Like they said down there.

"The rich pay with US dollars. The poor pay with hunger."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

duncan61 wrote:
Why is the government funding non government organizations . Its what NGO stands for idiot
28-03-2022 05:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14452)
Into the Night wrote:Here a paradox is being built.

Allow me to clarify.

1. There are the things that have purposes
2. There are scammers and other bad people in general who misues things to scam people.

Religion has a purpose for those who seek religion. You would be a good example. Your religion has a purpose and it, in turn, gives you purpose ... and you saw your religion and it was good.

Others seeking religion for its purpose fell upon some Marxists who sought only to enslave them. Marxists produced a religion that seemingly satisfies the need of those who seek religion. They fall into the religion believing that it is helping them make better decisions about how to live their lives, yet the decisions that follow from that religion are not in their best interest and are not in the best interests of society.

I appreciate the opportunity to emphasize that point.

Into the Night wrote:Despite you considering that purely incidental, you support this 'incidental' as you describe the Church of Karl Marx and associate it with the Church of Global Warming.

It's a question of dependent variables.

Marxists seek to enslave others. The religion(s) they produce will be designed for that purpose. Hence, the underlying doctrine will be "human activity must be rigidly controlled." One of the few ways to get people to agree to that sort of nonsense is for them to accept it as a Trojan horse in the religion they profess. Get a congregation to advocate for strictly controlled human behavior and you have advocates for tyranny ... for your tyranny.

This leaves the doctrine of "The earth is getting warmer" as doctrine (an assumption) that exists to support a higher doctrine that CO2 has magical superpowers, which supports the higher doctrine that human activity is driving up the levels of atmospheric CO2, which supports the primary doctrine of "human activity must be controlled."

Obviously, religion being what it is, i.e. assumptions not being questioned, if the idea that the earth's average temperature is increasing is not questioned, and the idea that CO2 has magickal superpowers is not questioned, then you have people making F'd-up decisions that are not in their interests ... all the while believing, to a religious extent, that they are saving the planet.

So yes, the primary Marxist doctrine is that human activity must be controlled. This is why it always leads to oligarchy and tyranny, not to freedom and personal liberties.

Into the Night wrote:This is incorrect. You gave a non-sequitur fallacy

No, I did not. I gave an example of a theorem that was only one intuitive step removed from one of the assumptions. Let me restate it:

* I assume Into the Night likes all ice cream

[ insert twenty-million non-contradictory statements of your choosing]

* Conclusion: Into the Night likes vanilla ice cream.

This is a valid proof. It is also a trivial proof. You can check with any math professor.

You and I do not stand in disagreement. I just use different terms. The proof above is not a fallacy, it is trivial. If my trivial proof happens to concern my religious belief, if my theorem is one intuitive step from one of my assumptions then my "proof" is not a fallacy, it is a valid argument.

You would be correct in any mathematical/logical context if you were to instead refer to such arguments as "not sound arguments" instead of fallacies because 1) they are not fallacies if they are actually valid arguments, as trivial as they might be, and 2) to be a sound argument, it must be shown that all statements of the theorem are true. It is a fallacy to declare an argument as a "fact" and to thus attempt to prove something TRUE by virtue of having declared such a fact. If a statement in an argument/theorem cannot be shown to be TRUE then the argument is not sound, even if it is valid.

Recap: Providing a proof that a religion is true is not a fallacy, it is simply not a sound argument, unless it includes FALSE statements as Marxist religions insist on including, or includes other fallacies, in which case it becomes FALSE.

You may not realize this but if you assume that the Christian God exists, and you argue that the Christian God exists because the Christian God exists, that is a valid argument ... and it is not a sound argument. You might not like the idea of your claim that the Christian God exists being labelled "unsound" but I didn't make up the terminology; it has yet to be shown that the statement "the Christian God exists" is TRUE. Nonetheless, it is a valid argument; the conclusion follows from the statement. It is also trivial. You might not like the label "trivial" but the word refers to the rigor of the logic involved, not to the conclusion itself.

Into the Night wrote: as an example to demonstrate the 'assumption', or attempt to prove a circular argument True, which is the circular argument fallacy.

Being "circular" does not necessarily impart the value of FALSE, except in definitions. Circular definitions are normally discarded.

Circular arguments often result from biconditionals. For example, does pressure increase because the temperature increases or does the temperature increase because the pressure increases? ANSWER: Both, it's a biconditional.

We don't consider the Ideal Gas Law to be FALSE. The multivariate interdependencies create biconitionals and we recognize that. That is allowed.

A problem arises when one aspect of the argued biconditional is not shown to be TRUE. The Ideal Gas Law does not suffer from this problem because it is falsifiable and has passed the scrutiny of the scientific method. However, the concept of "feedbacks" of the Global Warming cult supposedly operate under a biconditional that has not been shown to be TRUE. Normally such fabricated biconditionals defy the second law of thermodynamics and are readily discovered to be FALSE.

Recap: Being circular, in and of itself, does not garner the truth value of FALSE. Biconditionals are examples of valid, but apparently circular, arguments. When one of the conditions is shown to be FALSE, the biconditional is then considered FALSE.

Into the Night wrote:These are not proofs. These are arguments stemming from the initial argument that Christ and God exist, and they are you they say they are.

I use mathematics terminology. They are proofs. They are lists of statements each with a conclusion that follows using logic.

If you have a logical conclusion, you have a proof, which is equivalent to a valid argument. At this point the mathematician determines whether the statements that led to the conclusion are themselves TRUE. If they are, the argument is considered SOUND. If the truth value of one or more of the statements cannot be verified, the argument is considered "unsound" or "not sound."

NOTE: any statements in the argument that are not used in deriving the conclusion are noted as such and are removed, within the context of that argument only. This principal carries over into science and is the basis for the principal of Occam's Razor. In software engineering, this principal is incorporated into IDEs (interactive development environments) which highlight code and/or variables that is/are not used in the execution of the program.

Into the Night wrote:The belief in Gods plan, or how Jesus Christ fits in to support this plan are argument that stem from the initial circular argument.

Yes, they stem from the initial assumption, rendering the conclusion trivial.

Into the Night wrote:They are not proofs. Just arguments.

They are proofs, that are unsound proofs, thus precluding them from being accepted as facts by certain others, thus relegating them to the status of "arguments."

Into the Night wrote:Yes you can. You are describing the Theory of Creation, a nonscientific theory. The Theory of Creation states that life on Earth arrived through the action of some kind of intelligence. It does not require that intelligence to be any god or gods. Christians believe it to be God.

I understand, but back up a step.

Let this be the theorem:

* Assumption: The domain of consideration is all of CREATION
* Conclusion: Creation had a creator.

... then no one wearing a mathematicians cap will challenge the validity of that argument. If the assumed domain is "CREATION" then the mathematician will stamp the proof as valid and head to lunch.

Of course, in his notes, the mathematical will note that the proof is not sound, that CREATION has not been defined, that the proof is trivial ... but that it cannot be disputed that "a creator" follows from CREATION. It is a valid proof ...

... and it is not a fallacy.

You also referred to this proof as non-scientific. Big deal. It is also non-cinematic, non-profit, non-partisan, nonchalant, non-corrosive, non-flammable, non-Hodgekins, non-fungible and non-alcoholic. None of that alters the validity or lack thereof, of any argument.

Into the Night wrote:A nonscientific theory is not falsifiable (therefore not science).

You have that backwards. An unfalsifiable theory/model is not science, but there is nothing preventing you from from creating a falsifiable theory/model of something that does not predict nature.

Into the Night wrote:The Theory of Creation is not science (it does have some problems, though, particularly around the Theory of the Big Bang, another nonscientific theory).

The Theory of Creation is not science, but it doesn't have any problems as far as I can see. If I put on my mathematicians cap, I see an assumption of an omnipotent creator and an assertion that this omnipotent creator created Creation. Looks perfectly valid to me. As an atheist, I would probably note that the assumption has not been shown to be TRUE so the argument is not sound and therefore cannot be used as a falsifiable model and cannot be tested.

Into the Night wrote: Similarly, the Theory of Abiogenesis, which states that life arrived on Earth through random unspecified events, is also a nonscientific theory. It too can be neither proved True or False.

Correct. Abiogenesis, as well as any speculation of the past, cannot be verified. As such, we cannot ascertain the truth value of the statements. Therefore the argument, while valid, is not sound, thus it cannot be considered a falsifiable model. Therefore it cannot be science.

Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:They *BEG* for the scientific method to brought in to thoroughly scrutinize every word.
And this is where it all falls down, of course.

... and this is what is so sad. I'm sure people wonder how I can validly characterize warmizombies as mindless purveyors of WACKY dogma they are ordered to regurgitate by their slavemasters. Isn't that a bit extreme?

Nope. Every one of the countless times I have encountered a warmizombie, he has been a totally scientifically illiterate moron who presumed to be an science expert. Every single time. Let me emphasize that: a moron who thinks he's a fuqqing genius. This is what the religion produces. Total fuqqing idiots.

I hope seal over is reading this. I'm sure he is wondering how it is that others know right off the bat that he is merely copy-pasting and that he is as stupid as the schytt on my shoe. @seal over: The answer is that you won't recognize the expertise of others. There do exist others who know so much more than you in many areas of science and math and logic. Your summary dismissal of correction and your arrogant presumption of omniscience ... give you away and turn others away.

There are no others coming to read your "library." You are on your own. You are a troll. You are a moron.

@Into the Night: I apologize for the tangent.

Into the Night wrote:Science is not scrutinizing every word. Yes, it must have every word defined, but it is the falsifiable theory that is important to science, not any particular method or procedure,

Agreed. The concept is what is important. We'll worry about the wording, and then the formal specification (math), once we get the concept down. First, we need to make sure our concept is internally consistent. Then we'll work on external consistency. Hey, is it too late to patent the scientific method?

Into the Night wrote:Just as in any equation in mathematics, you have to be able to define every variable and what it means in any equation (even if it just means 'X' is the horizontal axis of a Cartesian coordinate system, and Y is the vertical axis).

This is why object-oriented programming is so apropos for this. I'm telling you, math and chemistry notation should be replaced with Java ... except then Oracle would own science.

Into the Night wrote:Every law of science must have it's variables clearly defined. This, of course, is something that the Church of Global Warming, for example, cannot do. They can't even come up with an equation describing 'global warming', or the so-called 'causes' for it. It is because they can't define 'global warming' (or 'climate change') itself.

Imagine asking a Christian for an equation of Christianity or for Salvation. Of course, I'm trying to imagine a Christian that declares Christianity to be thettled thienth. Yes, yes, I know personally quite a few Christians that assure me that "all the evidence points to" the existence of God and that "all science" supports Creation" ... yes, yes, I get it ... but even they will eventually admit that this is their faith/belief. There is no pretense that there is science to be had, even if there are a few opening sentences that seek to bathe in a temporary "I've got science" fantasy. I'm not here to play thought police enforcing adherence to the scientific method.

I have yet to have any Christian pretend that Christianity is science. Yes, virtually all profess that their faith is the truth, the light and the way, but that is not claiming that it is science. Marxists, on the other hand, are the exact opposite. They have been enslaved.

Into the Night wrote:

IBdaMann wrote:They bend over backwards to render their WACKY unfalsifiable beliefs FALSE.
Uh...True, actually. They try to render their wacky beliefs True.

Right. They are scientifically illiterate and they confuse science with religion. They claim that their religious dogma, the dogma they believe to be science, has been confirmed to be TRUE and is thus thettled thienth. It's at this point I feel like a Mike Tyson about to unload on a parapalegic toddler. It's sad. How I pity seal over. He has no idea.

Into the Night wrote:Seal over is a perfect example of numerous buzzwords used to try to impress people with his 'knowledge', and even tries to claim a title to further puff himself up.

Rhetorical Question: What do you get when you combine bluffing with virtue signalling?

Have you noticed the sheer quantity of spam that seal over has pumped in?

Into the Night wrote:Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection has been falsified. It now only exists as a paradox.

I know you say that ... but it was never science; it has never been falsified in the same way that Christianity has never been falsified. No speculation of the past can ever be falsifiable. Only falsifiable theories can be shown to be false

As far as the Origin of Species goes, you should read it. It's quite exceptional and is absolutely non-threatening to Christians, despite what you might have been told. It's on Politiplex and available to the public.

Remember: Darwin was a Christian. He got hammered merely for writing about what he did on his summer vacation.

Into the Night wrote:I really don't blame you. Oddly enough, Christians and Jews have the same problem in reverse.

Of course. This brings me full circle. I recognize the HATE warmizombies and Marxists in general have for Christians and it motivates me to jump in and "get the six" of whichever Christian is being pummeled. I don't expect most Christians to fully understand with what they are dealing and I usually find that I just can't let it slide. I don't presume that anybody needs my help but I lend it nonetheless as a courtesy. If I can show just one Christian exactly how totally stupid warmizombies are, it's totally worth it. Of course, if I can show them all, well, that's a bonus.

Into the Night wrote:No. Despite the irritation of such people, and the misery they cause, Earth itself has existed long before us and will exist long after us.

... but you have taken your eye off the target. You have allowed the Marxist magicians to draw your gaze towards "the earth" while getting you to erase from your attention the Marxist dogma in question. Marxists definitely NEED to control human activity. That is the NEED in question. That translates into a NEED to save the planet. It does not matter whether the planet needs saving; Marxists nonetheless NEED to save the planet because they NEED to control human activity.

Yes, I get it. The planet does not need to be saved. Totally granted.

"NEED" is a human concept and expressed in different ways in different doctrines.

Once you start talking about whether something is needed, you are necessarily talking about some human's point of view. Inanimate objects don't have needs.

Into the Night wrote:It will still be here long after anything we as Man worry about.

Yep. You know that's not the point. Control of human activity is the point. Think facemasks.

Into the Night wrote:While driven by religion, it is also arrogance to think Man has any power of this kind.

You don't have to convince me, but there are no limits to any religious doctrine. You might have heard mention that it is arrogance to assert that Noah could have somehow gathered two of each species and fit them all into an ark of the given cubic cubits. I say look beyond the nuts-and-bolts and see the message. If you tell me that God wanted to cleanse the world (in the past) ... and thus did so, great. I don't see any harm in that. If, on the other hand, the message is "believe in physics violations, pay much more in taxes, remain incarcerated in my basement for the safety of all and I am responsible for everything bad in the world" then the nuts-and-bolts are moot. I don't want anything to do with that crap.

Into the Night wrote:I've always been amused by this inconsistency [of the Great Flood / Catastrophic Global Warming equivalence] and happily point it out to Democrats that try it.

If I have not yet mentioned that I am an atheist, I'll remind any Marxists/Leftists/No-Gods that God left us rainbows as a sign that there will never again be any sea level rise or increase in extreme weather events.

I don't know why there aren't more Christians who do the same.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
RE: There is the 1995 Nature paper, if you prefer to attack that one.28-03-2022 06:11
sealover
★★★★☆
(1259)
There is the 1995 Nature paper, if you prefer to attack that one.

1995. Polyphenol control of nitrogen release from pine litter. Nature. 377:227-229.

I am STICKING MY NECK WAY OUT FOR YOU!

I have published a falsifiable hypothesis in a prominent journal.

More than 800 citations suggest that at least one other scientist found it to be reproducible or at least worthy of discussion.

Now, if all you can say is "No science." Well, it will be a quick debate at least.

If all you can say is "No argument." One might wonder what you know that nobody else did when they published and cited it.

If all you can say is "Science is not a toaster." You might not prove your case.

A series of two word statements, X fallacy, Y fallacy, Z fallacy, may not bring anything new to the discussion.

This is LOW HANGING FRUIT for you to relish.

I cannot run away from ANY OF MY WORDS in this published falsifiable hypothesis.

You pegged me for a liar and a phony from the start.

This is the point in the videogame where you get to:

FINISH HIM!

For a FLAWLESS VICTORY!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

IBdaMann wrote:

Allow me to clarify.

2. There are scammers and other bad people in general who misues things to scam people.

Religion has a purpose for those who seek religion. You would be a good example. Your religion has a purpose and it, in turn, gives you purpose ... and you saw your religion and it was good.

Others seeking religion for its purpose fell upon some Marxists who sought only to enslave them. Marxists produced a religion that seemingly satisfies the need of those who seek religion. They fall into the religion believing that it is helping them make better decisions about how to live their lives, yet the decisions that follow from that religion are not in their best interest and are not in the best interests of society.

I appreciate the opportunity to emphasize that point.

Into the Night wrote:Despite you considering that purely incidental, you support this 'incidental' as you describe the Church of Karl Marx and associate it with the Church of Global Warming.

It's a question of dependent variables.

Marxists seek to enslave others. The religion(s) they produce will be designed for that purpose. Hence, the underlying doctrine will be "human activity must be rigidly controlled." One of the few ways to get people to agree to that sort of nonsense is for them to accept it as a Trojan horse in the religion they profess. Get a congregation to advocate for strictly controlled human behavior and you have advocates for tyranny ... for your tyranny.

This leaves the doctrine of "The earth is getting warmer" as doctrine (an assumption) that exists to support a higher doctrine that CO2 has magical superpowers, which supports the higher doctrine that human activity is driving up the levels of atmospheric CO2, which supports the primary doctrine of "human activity must be controlled."

Obviously, religion being what it is, i.e. assumptions not being questioned, if the idea that the earth's average temperature is increasing is not questioned, and the idea that CO2 has magickal superpowers is not questioned, then you have people making F'd-up decisions that are not in their interests ... all the while believing, to a religious extent, that they are saving the planet.

So yes, the primary Marxist doctrine is that human activity must be controlled. This is why it always leads to oligarchy and tyranny, not to freedom and personal liberties.

No, I did not. I gave an example of a theorem that was only one intuitive step removed from one of the assumptions. Let me restate it:

This is a valid proof. It is also a trivial proof. You can check with any math professor.

You and I do not stand in disagreement. I just use different terms. The proof above is not a fallacy, it is trivial. If my trivial proof happens to concern my religious belief, if my theorem is one intuitive step from one of my assumptions then my "proof" is not a fallacy, it is a valid argument.

You would be correct in any mathematical/logical context if you were to instead refer to such arguments as "not sound arguments" instead of fallacies because 1) they are not fallacies if they are actually valid arguments, as trivial as they might be, and 2) to be a sound argument, it must be shown that all statements of the theorem are true. It is a fallacy to declare an argument as a "fact" and to thus attempt to prove something TRUE by virtue of having declared such a fact. If a statement in an argument/theorem cannot be shown to be TRUE then the argument is not sound, even if it is valid.

Recap: Providing a proof that a religion is true is not a fallacy, it is simply not a sound argument, unless it includes FALSE statements as Marxist religions insist on including, or includes other fallacies, in which case it becomes FALSE.

You may not realize this but if you assume that the Christian God exists, and you argue that the Christian God exists because the Christian God exists, that is a valid argument ... and it is not a sound argument. You might not like the idea of your claim that the Christian God exists being labelled "unsound" but I didn't make up the terminology; it has yet to be shown that the statement "the Christian God exists" is TRUE. Nonetheless, it is a valid argument; the conclusion follows from the statement. It is also trivial. You might not like the label "trivial" but the word refers to the rigor of the logic involved, not to the conclusion itself.

Into the Night wrote: as an example to demonstrate the 'assumption', or attempt to prove a circular argument True, which is the circular argument fallacy.

Being "circular" does not necessarily impart the value of FALSE, except in definitions. Circular definitions are normally discarded.

Circular arguments often result from biconditionals. For example, does pressure increase because the temperature increases or does the temperature increase because the pressure increases? ANSWER: Both, it's a biconditional.

We don't consider the Ideal Gas Law to be FALSE. The multivariate interdependencies create biconitionals and we recognize that. That is allowed.

A problem arises when one aspect of the argued biconditional is not shown to be TRUE. The Ideal Gas Law does not suffer from this problem because it is falsifiable and has passed the scrutiny of the scientific method. However, the concept of "feedbacks" of the Global Warming cult supposedly operate under a biconditional that has not been shown to be TRUE. Normally such fabricated biconditionals defy the second law of thermodynamics and are readily discovered to be FALSE.

Recap: Being circular, in and of itself, does not garner the truth value of FALSE. Biconditionals are examples of valid, but apparently circular, arguments. When one of the conditions is shown to be FALSE, the biconditional is then considered FALSE.

Into the Night wrote:These are not proofs. These are arguments stemming from the initial argument that Christ and God exist, and they are you they say they are.

I use mathematics terminology. They are proofs. They are lists of statements each with a conclusion that follows using logic.

If you have a logical conclusion, you have a proof, which is equivalent to a valid argument. At this point the mathematician determines whether the statements that led to the conclusion are themselves TRUE. If they are, the argument is considered SOUND. If the truth value of one or more of the statements cannot be verified, the argument is considered "unsound" or "not sound."

NOTE: any statements in the argument that are not used in deriving the conclusion are noted as such and are removed, within the context of that argument only. This principal carries over into science and is the basis for the principal of Occam's Razor. In software engineering, this principal is incorporated into IDEs (interactive development environments) which highlight code and/or variables that is/are not used in the execution of the program.

Into the Night wrote:The belief in Gods plan, or how Jesus Christ fits in to support this plan are argument that stem from the initial circular argument.

Into the Night wrote:They are not proofs. Just arguments.

They are proofs, that are unsound proofs, thus precluding them from being accepted as facts by certain others, thus relegating them to the status of "arguments."

Into the Night wrote:Yes you can. You are describing the Theory of Creation, a nonscientific theory. The Theory of Creation states that life on Earth arrived through the action of some kind of intelligence. It does not require that intelligence to be any god or gods. Christians believe it to be God.

Let this be the theorem:

... then no one wearing a mathematicians cap will challenge the validity of that argument. If the assumed domain is "CREATION" then the mathematician will stamp the proof as valid and head to lunch.

Of course, in his notes, the mathematical will note that the proof is not sound, that CREATION has not been defined, that the proof is trivial ... but that it cannot be disputed that "a creator" follows from CREATION. It is a valid proof ...

You also referred to this proof as non-scientific. Big deal. It is also non-cinematic, non-profit, non-partisan, nonchalant, non-corrosive, non-flammable, non-Hodgekins, non-fungible and non-alcoholic. None of that alters the validity or lack thereof, of any argument.

Into the Night wrote:A nonscientific theory is not falsifiable (therefore not science).

You have that backwards. An unfalsifiable theory/model is not science, but there is nothing preventing you from from creating a falsifiable theory/model of something that does not predict nature.

Into the Night wrote:The Theory of Creation is not science (it does have some problems, though, particularly around the Theory of the Big Bang, another nonscientific theory).

The Theory of Creation is not science, but it doesn't have any problems as far as I can see. If I put on my mathematicians cap, I see an assumption of an omnipotent creator and an assertion that this omnipotent creator created Creation. Looks perfectly valid to me. As an atheist, I would probably note that the assumption has not been shown to be TRUE so the argument is not sound and therefore cannot be used as a falsifiable model and cannot be tested.

Into the Night wrote: Similarly, the Theory of Abiogenesis, which states that life arrived on Earth through random unspecified events, is also a nonscientific theory. It too can be neither proved True or False.

Correct. Abiogenesis, as well as any speculation of the past, cannot be verified. As such, we cannot ascertain the truth value of the statements. Therefore the argument, while valid, is not sound, thus it cannot be considered a falsifiable model. Therefore it cannot be science.

Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:They *BEG* for the scientific method to brought in to thoroughly scrutinize every word.
And this is where it all falls down, of course.

... and this is what is so sad. I'm sure people wonder how I can validly characterize warmizombies as mindless purveyors of WACKY dogma they are ordered to regurgitate by their slavemasters. Isn't that a bit extreme?

Nope. Every one of the countless times I have encountered a warmizombie, he has been a totally scientifically illiterate moron who presumed to be an science expert. Every single time. Let me emphasize that: a moron who thinks he's a fuqqing genius. This is what the religion produces. Total fuqqing idiots.

I hope seal over is reading this. I'm sure he is wondering how it is that others know right off the bat that he is merely copy-pasting and that he is as stupid as the schytt on my shoe. @seal over: The answer is that you won't recognize the expertise of others. There do exist others who know so much more than you in many areas of science and math and logic. Your summary dismissal of correction and your arrogant presumption of omniscience ... give you away and turn others away.

There are no others coming to read your "library." You are on your own. You are a troll. You are a moron.

@Into the Night: I apologize for the tangent.

Into the Night wrote:Science is not scrutinizing every word. Yes, it must have every word defined, but it is the falsifiable theory that is important to science, not any particular method or procedure,

Agreed. The concept is what is important. We'll worry about the wording, and then the formal specification (math), once we get the concept down. First, we need to make sure our concept is internally consistent. Then we'll work on external consistency. Hey, is it too late to patent the scientific method?

Into the Night wrote:Just as in any equation in mathematics, you have to be able to define every variable and what it means in any equation (even if it just means 'X' is the horizontal axis of a Cartesian coordinate system, and Y is the vertical axis).

This is why object-oriented programming is so apropos for this. I'm telling you, math and chemistry notation should be replaced with Java ... except then Oracle would own science.

Into the Night wrote:Every law of science must have it's variables clearly defined. This, of course, is something that the Church of Global Warming, for example, cannot do. They can't even come up with an equation describing 'global warming', or the so-called 'causes' for it. It is because they can't define 'global warming' (or 'climate change') itself.

Imagine asking a Christian for an equation of Christianity or for Salvation. Of course, I'm trying to imagine a Christian that declares Christianity to be thettled thienth. Yes, yes, I know personally quite a few Christians that assure me that "all the evidence points to" the existence of God and that "all science" supports Creation" ... yes, yes, I get it ... but even they will eventually admit that this is their faith/belief. There is no pretense that there is science to be had, even if there are a few opening sentences that seek to bathe in a temporary "I've got science" fantasy. I'm not here to play thought police enforcing adherence to the scientific method.

I have yet to have any Christian pretend that Christianity is science. Yes, virtually all profess that their faith is the truth, the light and the way, but that is not claiming that it is science. Marxists, on the other hand, are the exact opposite. They have been enslaved.

Into the Night wrote:

IBdaMann wrote:They bend over backwards to render their WACKY unfalsifiable beliefs FALSE.
Uh...True, actually. They try to render their wacky beliefs True.

Right. They are scientifically illiterate and they confuse science with religion. They claim that their religious dogma, the dogma they believe to be science, has been confirmed to be TRUE and is thus thettled thienth. It's at this point I feel like a Mike Tyson about to unload on a parapalegic toddler. It's sad. How I pity seal over. He has no idea.

Into the Night wrote:Seal over is a perfect example of numerous buzzwords used to try to impress people with his 'knowledge', and even tries to claim a title to further puff himself up.

Rhetorical Question: What do you get when you combine bluffing with virtue signalling?

Have you noticed the sheer quantity of spam that seal over has pumped in?

Into the Night wrote:Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection has been falsified. It now only exists as a paradox.

I know you say that ... but it was never science; it has never been falsified in the same way that Christianity has never been falsified. No speculation of the past can ever be falsifiable. Only falsifiable theories can be shown to be false

As far as the Origin of Species goes, you should read it. It's quite exceptional and is absolutely non-threatening to Christians, despite what you might have been told. It's on Politiplex and available to the public.

Remember: Darwin was a Christian. He got hammered merely for writing about what he did on his summer vacation.

Into the Night wrote:I really don't blame you. Oddly enough, Christians and Jews have the same problem in reverse.

Of course. This brings me full circle. I recognize the HATE warmizombies and Marxists in general have for Christians and it motivates me to jump in and "get the six" of whichever Christian is being pummeled. I don't expect most Christians to fully understand with what they are dealing and I usually find that I just can't let it slide. I don't presume that anybody needs my help but I lend it nonetheless as a courtesy. If I can show just one Christian exactly how totally stupid warmizombies are, it's totally worth it. Of course, if I can show them all, well, that's a bonus.

Into the Night wrote:No. Despite the irritation of such people, and the misery they cause, Earth itself has existed long before us and will exist long after us.

... but you have taken your eye off the target. You have allowed the Marxist magicians to draw your gaze towards "the earth" while getting you to erase from your attention the Marxist dogma in question. Marxists definitely NEED to control human activity. That is the NEED in question. That translates into a NEED to save the planet. It does not matter whether the planet needs saving; Marxists nonetheless NEED to save the planet because they NEED to control human activity.

Yes, I get it. The planet does not need to be saved. Totally granted.

"NEED" is a human concept and expressed in different ways in different doctrines.

Once you start talking about whether something is needed, you are necessarily talking about some human's point of view. Inanimate objects don't have needs.

Into the Night wrote:It will still be here long after anything we as Man worry about.

Yep. You know that's not the point. Control of human activity is the point. Think facemasks.

Into the Night wrote:While driven by religion, it is also arrogance to think Man has any power of this kind.

You don't have to convince me, but there are no limits to any religious doctrine. You might have heard mention that it is arrogance to assert that Noah could have somehow gathered two of each species and fit them all into an ark of the given cubic cubits. I say look beyond the nuts-and-bolts and see the message. If you tell me that God wanted to cleanse the world (in the past) ... and thus did so, great. I don't see any harm in that. If, on the other hand, the message is "believe in physics violations, pay much more in taxes, remain incarcerated in my basement for the safety of all and I am responsible for everything bad in the world" then the nuts-and-bolts are moot. I don't want anything to do with that crap.

Into the Night wrote:I've always been amused by this inconsistency [of the Great Flood / Catastrophic Global Warming equivalence] and happily point it out to Democrats that try it.

If I have not yet mentioned that I am an atheist, I'll remind any Marxists/Leftists/No-Gods that God left us rainbows as a sign that there will never again be any sea level rise or increase in extreme weather events.

I don't know why there aren't more Christians who do the same.

28-03-2022 07:56
(14452)
sealover wrote:1995. Polyphenol control of nitrogen release from pine litter. Nature. 377:227-229.

I'll take you on your word that the article is worth discussing and I'll be happy to discuss it with you, from an honest, straightforward, science perspective.

Please attach the article here in this thread or email it to me at IBDaMann@yahoo.com

At the moment, all I have is the abstract. I will give you an initial critique from that.

Nature. 377:227-229 Abstract of Polyphenol Control of Nitrogen Release from Pine Litter THE importance of dissolved organic nitrogen in ecosystem nutrient fluxes and plant nutrition is only beginning to be appreciated

I don't mean to be rude, but this sentence expresses the thought that will first enter the reader's head, i.e. that nobody cares about the importance of dissolved organic nitrogen in ecosystem nutrient fluxes and plant nutrition. Read the sentence again and you'll see what I mean.

This would have been an excellent place to write a thesis statement specifying clearly the importance of dissolved organic nitrogen in ecosystem nutrient fluxes and plant nutrition ... and why anyone would wish to read further.

Nature. 377:227-229 Abstract of Polyphenol Control of Nitrogen Release from Pine LitterHere we report that the polyphenol concentration of decomposing Pinus muricata litter controls the proportion of nitrogen released in dissolved organic forms relative to mineral forms (NH+4 + NO-3).

OK, the reader now understands what he is about to read, i.e. that the polyphenol concentration of decomposing Pinus muricata litter controls the proportion of nitrogen released in dissolved organic forms relative to mineral forms (NH+4 + NO-3). Don't you think you should have already explained why this is important? Why is the proportion of nitrogen released in dissolved organic forms of any concern?

So I need to ask, are you trying to link this Climate Change? I'm betting that you weren't because that wasn't really much of a thing back in 1995. I hate to ask but what is your point? What is the conclusion of this paper? What is the thesis statement? This is supposed to be prominently on display in the abstract.

Nature. 377:227-229 Abstract of Polyphenol Control of Nitrogen Release from Pine LitterWe have previously shown that concentrations of polyphenols in P. muricata foliage vary along an extreme soil acidity/ fertility gradient. Apparently, this feedback to soil conditions controls the dominant form in which litter nitrogen is mobilized, facilitating nitrogen recovery through pine-mycorrhizal associations, minimizing nitrogen availability to competing organisms, and attenuating nitrogen losses from leaching and denitrification.

Maybe this is your thesis statement. Please let me know. I have a few questions regarding the above two sentences (the second of which is somewhat of a run-on sentence):

1. You characterized an acidity/fertility gradient as a "feedback." Why?
2. Re: #1, most claims of "feedbacks" are merely violations of thermodynamics. How is this "feedback to soil conditions" a legitimate thing?
3. You have made it clear that nitrogen loss is controlled by some undefined "dominant form." What exactly is this "dominant form" and is this control of nitrogen loss a good thing or a bad thing ... and why?

Nature. 377:227-229 Abstract of Polyphenol Control of Nitrogen Release from Pine LitterPolyphenol control of nitrogen dynamics helps explain the convergent evolution of tannin-rich plant communities on highly leached soils.

A few more questions:

1. Must one discard your paper if one does not accept Darwin's theory?
2. Is your falsifiable theory that the properties of polyphenol drove the evolution of leached-soil plants due to specific cause-effects that you spell out in the paper?

RE: And it was cited 740 times in peer-reviewed pubs28-03-2022 22:56
sealover
★★★★☆
(1259)
And it was cited 740 times in peer-reviewed pubs.

"At the moment, all I have it the abstract. I will give you an initial critique from that."

Apparently, you do not disagree with any specific assertion made regarding science.

Some problems with style, but no critiques of the substance.

It is possible that you are unaware that "abstract" means very brief summary.

There was a reason the editors of Nature only asked that ONE SENTENCE of the abstract be revised. It was kind of a British thing. Wanted me to say "owing to" in one of the last sentences.

They didn't seem to think that more than one sentence of the abstract should be on "importance" or "background".

There was no "thesis" about the importance of dissolved organic nitrogen.

The thesis was about polyphenol control of its release from pine litter.

The target audience were people who already knew enough about why it was important to want to learn more about what regulates its release.

Like climate change. You don't need to keep repeating why its important.

You're just trying to understand it better.

An abstract is not meant to exceed about one paragraph.

The background for why an investigation is done will be the first thing covered in the paper, following the abstract.

The editors of Nature would have rejected a long abstract with needless background included, beyond that first sentence.

What did your editors say about the amount of background in your abstract?

Here's where I note that this paper has been cited in more than 740 different peer-reviewed scientific papers.

Apparently, others were able to read this abstract and see what you could not.

Clearly stated thesis and conclusions, if you just take the time to learn what some of the buzzwords actually mean to people who understand science.

So, are you saying that polyphenol concentration does NOT control the proportion of nitrogen released in organic form from decomposing pine litter?

It sounds like you agree with what I said, you just don't like the way I said it.

In fact, here are two valid critiques of your critique.

No science.

No argument.

As a scientific genius, can't you prove to the OTHER scientists that I am WRONG ABOUT THE SCIENCE?

Can't you muster up enough gibber babble buzzwords to make it sound like a plausible scientific argument?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

IBdaMann wrote:
sealover wrote:1995. Polyphenol control of nitrogen release from pine litter. Nature. 377:227-229.

I'll take you on your word that the article is worth discussing and I'll be happy to discuss it with you, from an honest, straightforward, science perspective.

Please attach the article here in this thread or email it to me at IBDaMann@yahoo.com

At the moment, all I have is the abstract. I will give you an initial critique from that.

Nature. 377:227-229 Abstract of Polyphenol Control of Nitrogen Release from Pine Litter THE importance of dissolved organic nitrogen in ecosystem nutrient fluxes and plant nutrition is only beginning to be appreciated

I don't mean to be rude, but this sentence expresses the thought that will first enter the reader's head, i.e. that nobody cares about the importance of dissolved organic nitrogen in ecosystem nutrient fluxes and plant nutrition. Read the sentence again and you'll see what I mean.

This would have been an excellent place to write a thesis statement specifying clearly the importance of dissolved organic nitrogen in ecosystem nutrient fluxes and plant nutrition ... and why anyone would wish to read further.

Nature. 377:227-229 Abstract of Polyphenol Control of Nitrogen Release from Pine LitterHere we report that the polyphenol concentration of decomposing Pinus muricata litter controls the proportion of nitrogen released in dissolved organic forms relative to mineral forms (NH+4 + NO-3).

OK, the reader now understands what he is about to read, i.e. that the polyphenol concentration of decomposing Pinus muricata litter controls the proportion of nitrogen released in dissolved organic forms relative to mineral forms (NH+4 + NO-3). Don't you think you should have already explained why this is important? Why is the proportion of nitrogen released in dissolved organic forms of any concern?

So I need to ask, are you trying to link this Climate Change? I'm betting that you weren't because that wasn't really much of a thing back in 1995. I hate to ask but what is your point? What is the conclusion of this paper? What is the thesis statement? This is supposed to be prominently on display in the abstract.

Nature. 377:227-229 Abstract of Polyphenol Control of Nitrogen Release from Pine LitterWe have previously shown that concentrations of polyphenols in P. muricata foliage vary along an extreme soil acidity/ fertility gradient. Apparently, this feedback to soil conditions controls the dominant form in which litter nitrogen is mobilized, facilitating nitrogen recovery through pine-mycorrhizal associations, minimizing nitrogen availability to competing organisms, and attenuating nitrogen losses from leaching and denitrification.

Maybe this is your thesis statement. Please let me know. I have a few questions regarding the above two sentences (the second of which is somewhat of a run-on sentence):

2. Re: #1, most claims of "feedbacks" are merely violations of thermodynamics. How is this "feedback to soil conditions" a legitimate thing?
3. You have made it clear that nitrogen loss is controlled by some undefined "dominant form." What exactly is this "dominant form" and is this control of nitrogen loss a good thing or a bad thing ... and why?

Nature. 377:227-229 Abstract of Polyphenol Control of Nitrogen Release from Pine LitterPolyphenol control of nitrogen dynamics helps explain the convergent evolution of tannin-rich plant communities on highly leached soils.

A few more questions:

2. Is your falsifiable theory that the properties of polyphenol drove the evolution of leached-soil plants due to specific cause-effects that you spell out in the paper?

28-03-2022 23:23
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
[quote]sealover wrote:

"At the moment, all I have it the abstract. I will give you an initial critique from that."

/quote]

Not to sound like an idiot because I only did a brief overview, are you saying that not all of the nitrogen that is used as nature's fertilizer, ie., dead fish, fish that is consumed, etc. is "metabolized"?
Or are you suggesting that a part of organic matter that composts consists of nitrogen or might actually produce nitrogen through the decomposition process?
Basically N2 found in the environment has 3 covalent bonds. Does decaying matter form a type of electrolysis that could separate nitrogen like the electrolysis process does with H2O?
This might actually start with C6H12O6 and then get into CH4 and CO2 as byproducts of decomposition. With actual wood fiber, a more complex chemical structure. Am just keeping things simple. If you do a basic structural realignment, decomposing sugar creates both CO2 and CH4. How does that change the number of electrons in their bonds. And yes, I am keeping this simple which is why I'm asking you.
Isn't this like discussing organic chemistry in an atmospheric chemistry forum while these other guys are discussing political science and how we need leaders like Putin and Trump?

p.s., when wood burns, some of the CO2 might come from carbohydrates breaking down which produces the methane to burn. This might help to explain why ash can act as a fertilizer as well, maybe?
Attached image:

Edited on 28-03-2022 23:38
RE: See: "New cog in the nitrogen cycle". Chapin. Nature. 1995. 377:199-20028-03-2022 23:41
sealover
★★★★☆
(1259)
See:"New cog in the nitrogen cycle." Chapin. Nature. 1995. 377:199-200

It has been correctly noted that the abstract to "polyphenol control of nitrogen release from pine litter" included only one sentence of background for the importance of the investigation.

"The importance of dissolved organic nitrogen in ecosystem nutrient fluxes and plant nutrition is only beginning to be appreciated (2 references)."

That same issue of Nature has another article in the "New and Views" section with the title "New cog in the nitrogen cycle".

This article by Terry Chapin is for the sole purpose of highlighting the importance of dissolved organic nitrogen in ecosystem nutrient fluxes and plant nutrition.

This article by Terry Chapin is all about the "polyphenol control of nitrogen release from pine litter" paper by sealover in the same issue of Nature.

"New cog in the nitrogen cycle"

Aren't you even curious to try to understand it?

This stuff is really fun to know!

Don't you WANT somebody to know how to fix it when someone creates a methyl mercury hazard with a constructed wetland?

More fun to just shoot down every argument before it even starts.

Be careful or you might learn something.

See: "New cog in the nitrogen cycle". Chapin. 1995. Nature. 377:199-200

No need to take sides with Darwin or Mohammed to believe conclusion or not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

IBdaMann wrote:

A few more questions:

RE: Rush Limbaugh's Favorite Natural Nitrogen Pollution. 1998. Nature. 395:785-788.29-03-2022 00:10
sealover
★★★★☆
(1259)
Rush Limbaugh's Favorite Natural Nitrogen Pollution. 1998. Nature. 395:785-788.

More proof that sealover simply does not understand the basics of geochemistry.

"contribution of bedrock nitrogen to high nitrate in stream water".

1995. Nature. 395:785-788.

Please tell me how there is no science and no argument and terms are not unambiguously defined, and there are so many fallacies, so many LIES, lies cut and pasted under orders from Marxist puppet masters.

Prove what a false prophet of science sealover is.

One more piece of low hanging fruit for you to seize and devour.

Words that sealover simply cannot run away from because he published them.

Why doesn't EVERYBODY want a piece of this?

Talk about EASY MEAT!

I'm giving you THOUSANDS OF WORDS TO TEAR APART.

I need some good quotes from you about straight up geochemistry.

Tell me what the scientific flaws are in THIS one.

I beg you!

Rush Limbaugh was quite specific about which paper he was praising.

-------------------------------------------------

James_ wrote:
[quote]sealover wrote:

/quote]

Not to sound like an idiot because I only did a brief overview, are you saying that not all of the nitrogen that is used as nature's fertilizer, ie., dead fish, fish that is consumed, etc. is "metabolized"?
Or are you suggesting that a part of organic matter that composts consists of nitrogen or might actually produce nitrogen through the decomposition process?
Basically N2 found in the environment has 3 covalent bonds. Does decaying matter form a type of electrolysis that could separate nitrogen like the electrolysis process does with H2O?
This might actually start with C6H12O6 and then get into CH4 and CO2 as byproducts of decomposition. With actual wood fiber, a more complex chemical structure. Am just keeping things simple. If you do a basic structural realignment, decomposing sugar creates both CO2 and CH4. How does that change the number of electrons in their bonds. And yes, I am keeping this simple which is why I'm asking you.
Isn't this like discussing organic chemistry in an atmospheric chemistry forum while these other guys are discussing political science and how we need leaders like Putin and Trump?

p.s., when wood burns, some of the CO2 might come from carbohydrates breaking down which produces the methane to burn. This might help to explain why ash can act as a fertilizer as well, maybe?
29-03-2022 00:45
(14452)
seal over wrote:And it was cited 740 times in peer-reviewed pubs.

Irrelevant. Peer-review pubs are for wannabees who make up schytt in order to sound important.

How many times was your paper cited on Facebook?

seal over wrote:Apparently, you do not disagree with any specific assertion made regarding science.

I didn't see any assertions about science.

seal over wrote:Some problems with style, but no critiques of the substance.

I had a bunch of questions that I need answered. You saw them, didn't you?

seal over wrote:It is possible that you are unaware that "abstract" means very brief summary.

It is possible that your inability to read for comprehension prevented you from reading my request that you send me the document and statement that I could only critique the abstract since that is all I had.

seal over wrote:There was a reason the editors of Nature only asked that ONE SENTENCE of the abstract be revised.

It was the only coherent sentence that they could understand?

seal over wrote:There was no "thesis" about the importance of dissolved organic nitrogen.

It is possible that you never learned what a thesis statement is, and thus you don't realize that it does not mean "thesis."

You need a thesis statement,

seal over wrote:The target audience were people who already knew enough about why it was important to want to learn more about what regulates its release.

So your target audience was not laypeople?

seal over wrote:Like climate change. You don't need to keep repeating why its important.

... but you have to explain it clearly at least once. At present, there is no reason any rational adult has to presume that either Climate Change or the polyphenol concentration of decomposing Pinus muricata litter controlling the proportion of nitrogen released in dissolved organic forms is of any importance.

seal over wrote:An abstract is not meant to exceed about one paragraph.

So send me the original article. IBDaMann@yahoo.com

seal over wrote:Here's where I note that this paper has been cited in more than 740 different peer-reviewed scientific papers.

Those papers are not scientific and it might have been you publishing 740 pieces of crap just to cite your article and beef up the numbers.

The quantity of citations is irrelevant, unimportant and uninteresting. I considered the possibility that all 740 citations were mocking your paper. Please post those 740 citations here in this thread ... after you send the me the article.

29-03-2022 00:51
(21635)
IBdaMann wrote:

Allow me to clarify.

This is a presupposition.

Those seeking the religion of Marxism ARE seeking to better their lives. It DOES provide a guide for how to make better decisions about how to live their lives.

It is no different from Christianity or any other religion (including the religion of Global Warming).

The problem with Marxism (and it's derivative religions) is that is also inherently seeks to impose how EVERYONE is to live their life. Those that believe in this religion are actually seeking that EVERYONE will benefit from their belief, even if everyone is forced into it.

You might saying it's evangelism by bullying. I've known a few Christian types that do the same thing.

IBdaMann wrote:

This is a valid statement, but not a proof. It is simply stating that one element of a set is in the set and labeling that as a 'conclusion'. It's like stating that 'one' is a conclusion.

IBdaMann wrote:

A strawman. It is not possible to prove any religion True or False. It is not possible to prove that any god or gods exist or even that no god exists. To attempt to prove any such thing is the circular argument fallacy. This is not about the trivial proof. You are attempting to redirect the circular argument fallacy into a proof of something else that is trivial.
IBdaMann wrote:

I never said a circular argument imparts the value of False. Indeed, that is not possible. I've said so quite a lot. Circular definitions are discarded because the leave the buzzword being defined unchanged. It's still a buzzword.
IBdaMann wrote:

This is actually a circular question, not a circular argument. Yes...circular questions often result in biconditionals.
IBdaMann wrote:

Yes it is, for the same reason.
IBdaMann wrote:
A problem arises when one aspect of the argued biconditional is not shown to be TRUE. The Ideal Gas Law does not suffer from this problem because it is falsifiable and has passed the scrutiny of the scientific method.

Here you are using the word 'method', somewhat accurately, but science is not a method or a procedure.

All theories must pass the internal consistency check. This includes nonscientific theories. A theory is just an explanatory argument. In other words, the argument must be a valid argument. No fallacies allowed.

All theories of science must pass the external consistency check. No theory of science may conflict with any other theory of science, for one or both must be falsified by doing so. Such a conflict would force a falsification.

A nonscientific theory does NOT need to pass the external consistency check. It may conflict with any other nonscientific theory and there is no problem. It can even defy science and there is no problem, for no theory can be proven True. Such a state, of course, does mean denying that theory of science and discarding it out of hand, which is stupid since a theory of science is no longer a simple circular argument, due to it's falsifiability.
Remember, there is no way to prove a theory of science True.
IBdaMann wrote:
However, the concept of "feedbacks" of the Global Warming cult supposedly operate under a biconditional that has not been shown to be TRUE. Normally such fabricated biconditionals defy the second law of thermodynamics and are readily discovered to be FALSE.

Not quite. Again, the 2nd law of thermodynamics can certainly be mentioned, and discarding it out of hand is certainly stupid, but the 2nd law of thermodynamics has never been proven True, nor is it possible to do so.
IBdaMann wrote:
Recap: Being circular, in and of itself, does not garner the truth value of FALSE.

Never said it did. It is not possible to prove a circular argument either True or False. ANY attempt to do so creates the circular argument fallacy.
IBdaMann wrote:
Biconditionals are examples of valid, but apparently circular, arguments. When one of the conditions is shown to be FALSE, the biconditional is then considered FALSE.

Again, these are circular questions, an entirely different thing. Such objects are circular in nature, yes...which means a False found in one carries across the biconditional.
IBdaMann wrote:

Logic is not mathematics. Mathematics is not logic. They are both closed functional systems, yes. But they are not the same.
IBdaMann wrote:
If you have a logical conclusion, you have a proof, which is equivalent to a valid argument.

No. You only have a valid argument. It is not a proof in and of itself.
IBdaMann wrote:
At this point the mathematician determines whether the statements that led to the conclusion are themselves TRUE. If they are, the argument is considered SOUND. If the truth value of one or more of the statements cannot be verified, the argument is considered "unsound" or "not sound."

The logician, however considers this a bit differently. If the truth value of one or more predicates can't be verified, the argument is considered incomplete.
IBdaMann wrote:
NOTE: any statements in the argument that are not used in deriving the conclusion are noted as such and are removed, within the context of that argument only. This principal carries over into science and is the basis for the principal of Occam's Razor.

While Occam's Razor isn't a law, it is a valuable guideline in getting rid of superfluous junk.
IBdaMann wrote:
In software engineering, this principal is incorporated into IDEs (interactive development environments) which highlight code and/or variables that is/are not used in the execution of the program.

No. IDE's don't do that. They often have no idea what code is getting used or not. IDEs are used to organize several source files into one project. Their editor may have syntax coloring, but it doesn't know if the code is running or not.

Coding does not require the use of an IDE. Most code is written without them.

IBdaMann wrote:

No. There is no conclusion possible except in circular fashion. Just because someone believes in Christ does not prove that Christ actually exists, and it is not possible to prove that either True or False. Christianity like any other religion, relies on faith, which is just another name for the circular argument. Faith in and of itself is not a fallacy. Trying to prove it True or False is the circular argument fallacy. This is what a fundamentalist does.
IBdaMann wrote:

Let this be the theorem:

It is not a proof. It is simply a circular argument.
IBdaMann wrote:

THAT is a valid proof (and a trivial one). Whether Creation happened or not, however, is not provable True or False. Again, you are attempting to show a proof of a strawman.

The circular argument that it not provable here in any religion is for the religion itself, not for any aspect of that religion.

This is actually the same as the kind of fake 'falsifiability' of something relating to a theory, rather than the theory itself, that Marxist twits trying to redefine 'science' use.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
29-03-2022 00:58
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:

Why did you mimic sealover?
29-03-2022 01:06
(21635)
...deleted severely damaged quoting...
sealover wrote:
There is the 1995 Nature paper, if you prefer to attack that one.

1995. Polyphenol control of nitrogen release from pine litter. Nature. 377:227-229.

Random reference. No apparent reason.
sealover wrote:
I am STICKING MY NECK WAY OUT FOR YOU!

Can I stomp on it? Can others stomp on it?

Oh...you aren't sticking your neck out for anything.
sealover wrote:
I have published a falsifiable hypothesis in a prominent journal.

There is no such thing as a falsifiable hypothesis.
Science is not a magazine or journal.
sealover wrote:
More than 800 citations suggest that at least one other scientist found it to be reproducible or at least worthy of discussion.

Science is not a scientist or any group of scientists. Consensus is not used in science. It has no voting bloc.
sealover wrote:
Now, if all you can say is "No science." Well, it will be a quick debate at least.

You are not debating. You are spamming.
sealover wrote:
If all you can say is "No argument." One might wonder what you know that nobody else did when they published and cited it.

They are not you. False equivalence fallacy.
sealover wrote:
If all you can say is "Science is not a toaster." You might not prove your case.

I am not trying to prove any case. YOU are. Science is not a toaster. Burden fallacy (inversion fallacy).
sealover wrote:
A series of two word statements, X fallacy, Y fallacy, Z fallacy, may not bring anything new to the discussion.

They are your fallacies, dude. You have only yourself to blame for making them. Void argument fallacy. Denial of logic.
sealover wrote:
This is LOW HANGING FRUIT for you to relish.

I cannot run away from ANY OF MY WORDS in this published falsifiable hypothesis.

Buzzword fallacy. There is no such thing as a falsifiable hypothesis.
sealover wrote:
You pegged me for a liar and a phony from the start.

Because you are, and it's obvious that you are.
sealover wrote:
This is the point in the videogame where you get to:

FINISH HIM!

For a FLAWLESS VICTORY!

I'm not trying to finish you. You are free to continue posting your buzzwords and BS. I am also free to continue calling you on your buzzwords and BS as well.

The Parrot Killer

29-03-2022 01:21
(21635)
...fixing severely damaged quoting...
sealover wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

A few more questions:

Argument from randU fallacy. Making up numbers is not going to help you.
Science is not a magazine or a journal. It does not use peer-review or any other form of consensus. There is no voting bloc in science.
sealover wrote:

Apparently, you do not disagree with any specific assertion made regarding science.

He hasn't seen the article yet, dumbass.
sealover wrote:
Like climate change. You don't need to keep repeating why its important.

A meaningless buzzword is not important.
sealover wrote:
Here's where I note that this paper has been cited in more than 740 different peer-reviewed scientific papers.

Science isn't a paper. It is not a magazine. It is not a journal. It does not use consensus.
sealover wrote:
In fact, here are two valid critiques of your critique.
No science.

You are not describing any science.
sealover wrote:
No argument.

This is YOUR problem. You can't lay YOUR problem on anybody else.
sealover wrote:
As a scientific genius, can't you prove to the OTHER scientists that I am WRONG ABOUT THE SCIENCE?

RQAA.
sealover wrote:
Can't you muster up enough gibber babble buzzwords to make it sound like a plausible scientific argument?

He doesn't need to. Science is not gibber babble or buzzwords.

The Parrot Killer

RE: Carbon used to reduce itself. YES!29-03-2022 03:03
sealover
★★★★☆
(1259)
Carbon used to reduce itself. YES!

James, I apologize that I don't fully grasp your commentary.

I will point out a couple of things that I think I DO understand in the question.

Consider methanogenesis - old school style using hydrogen, and new wave methanogenesis using organic carbon precursors.

In old school methanogenesis, bacteria used carbon dioxide as OXIDANT.

They combined it with hydrogen gas as REDUCTANT.

CO2 + 4 H2 = CH4 + 2H2O It turned carbon dioxide to methane.

NEW WAVE METHANOGENESIS.

Bacteria take a partially oxidized organic compound, combine it with a highly reduced organic compound, then get methane plus an even more oxidized organic compound.

Consider fermentation. Alcohol, acetic acid, lactic acid. These organic compounds contain a lot more oxygen than most other. CH3CH2OH, CH3COOH.

Fermentation products contain at least one carbon compound that is more oxidized than when it started.

Consider the difference between hydrocarbon and carbohydrate.

Gram per gram, hydrocarbons contain about twice as much chemical energy to be released by aerobic oxidation than carbohydrates.

A pound of starch has twice as many calories as a pound of vegetable oil.

One way microorganisms can survive in the absence of oxygen, nitrate, ferric iron, sulfate, etc., is to use carbon itself as the oxidant to oxidize carbon in more chemically reduced form.

Fermentation and methanogenesis give the lowest energy yields of all to a microorganism trying to make a living off the oxidation of organic carbon.

Now, how the nitrogen in the compost gets transformed into nitrogen gas is an avoidable thing.

When organic nitrogen undergoes "ammonification", nitrogen is separated from carbon and released as ammonium (-NH4+).

Ammonium can be oxidized by one kind of nitrifying bacteria to nitrate, using oxygen.

Nitrite can be oxidized to nitrate by another kind of nitrifying bacteria, using oxygen.

Nitrate can be reduced to dinitrogen gas by denitrifying bacteria under low oxygen conditions, as they oxidize organic carbon using nitrate as oxidant.

Dinitrogen gas is in a HIGHER energy state, more chemically reduced, than the nitrate nitrogen it was made from.

It would yield energy to burn nitrogen with oxygen and turn the atmosphere to NOx. But the activation energy is too high for spontaneous reaction.

Maybe a lightening strike or hot tail pipe can jam nitrogen and oxygen gas together in an energy yielding reaction, but it could never ignite the whole atmosphere or even extend a few millimeters beyond the spark.

I tried to do my best with your comments.

I appreciate that you are not here to heckle and hurl insults. REALLY!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

James_ wrote:
[quote]sealover wrote:

/quote]

29-03-2022 05:18
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
sealover, you need to slow down here. Simply too much information too quickly. With what you said, methanogenesis. I'll need to become more familiar with that. I did a quick search, producing methane.
What I am pursuing would be a cold fusion methanogenesis process to use your language. This would replace the halogen and photolytic processes for producing CH2O/formaldehyde. It's obvious that we don't peak the same language.

ps., with these guys, bull$hit goes a long ways. An example is that Harvey55 lives south of Georgia and admires people like Trump and Putin.

p.s.s., south of Georgia is Turkey, where Harvey55 lives. He is allied both with Ukraine and Russia. Why he loves Trump. Trump supports his Putin.

p.s.s.s., these guys will be too stupid to know that both Turkey and Florida are south of Georgia. This is where B.S. matters. People in Georgia like Putin and Trump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4UQ_R4lmng
Edited on 29-03-2022 05:29
29-03-2022 05:35
(14452)
Into the Night wrote:This is a presupposition.

OK.

Into the Night wrote:This is a valid statement, but not a proof.

Hence the difference in our terminology. But I did not make the terminology that I use.

I use the standard definition of a "valid" proof/argument as simply a conclusion that would follow logically from a certain list of statements, if all were shown to be TRUE. A "sound" argument is a valid argument whose statement list has been shown to be TRUE.

It would appear that you are defining "proof" as a "sound" argument rather than as a "valid" argument as I do. As such, I have already acknowledged that no religion can be a sound argument.

Into the Night wrote: It is simply stating that one element of a set is in the set and labeling that as a 'conclusion'.

Yes, that is valid in logic.

1: X implies X
2: Y implies Y
3: X and Y implies X
4: X and Y implies Y

If you assume X then you can prove X trivially, i.e. X therefore X.

That is not a fallacy. It is a proof, and it is a valid proof, and it is trivial.

Of course, under your definitions/terminology, it is not a proof until X is shown to be true ... but to claim that X somehow does not follow logically from X is to deny logic and to deny the identity axiom.

Into the Night wrote:A strawman. It is not possible to prove any religion True or False.

Again, this is why under my terminology, it is impossible for any religion to be a sound argument and why in your terminology, religion is precluded from being a proof.

Into the Night wrote:This is not about the trivial proof.

I know. It's about whether it is a sound argument.

I have no problem with any proof being trivial or convoluted. I first determine whether it is valid, then I worry about whether it is sound. Christians will claim that all of Creation was created by a Creator. That is valid but it is not sound. Since it is not sound, you are declaring it "not a proof." OK. That's up to you. To me, it is a proof, both valid and trivial but not sound.

Into the Night wrote:You are attempting to redirect the circular argument fallacy into a proof of something else that is trivial.

I simply don't recognize it as a circular argument. I refer to all assumptions made by religious dogma as "assumptions." Since they are assumptions that have not been shown to be true, proofs thus derived will not be sound. Again, in your terminology, this makes them "not proofs" but as long as they follow logically from the axioms and assumptions, they remain proofs in my terminology.

Into the Night wrote:I never said a circular argument imparts the value of False.

A fallacy always carries the value of FALSE

Into the Night wrote: Here you are using the word 'method', somewhat accurately, but science is not a method or a procedure.

My use of the word "method" refers to one's methodology for applying critical reasoning, not as a definition of science. Of course, science has to undergo the scrutiny of a very specific methodology, i.e. the scientific method, but arguments in general are analyzed via some methodology.

I used the Ideal Gas law as an example of an argument that is a biconditional that does not suffer from one of the conditions only being assumed. The Ideal Gas law, by being science, and thus having passed scrutiny of the scientific method, stands as an example of a biconditional argument that is not a contradiction. This is to say that if neither you nor I had ever heard of the Ideal Gas law, and you were to say to me "Hey, IBDaMann, it appears that an increase in temperature causes an increase in pressure ... but that an increase in pressure causes an increase in temperature, with each seemingly causing the other" ... I would not be able to validly deny observations supporting your argument and thus I would not be able to summarily declare your argument contradictory and internally inconsistent.

However, if you tell me that carbon pollution causes thermal feedbacks that increase the earth's average temperature without any additional thermal energy ... now I have an assumed biconditional, whereby one of the conditionals is only assumed to be true, not shown to be true. At this point we immediately declare the argument to be "not sound." The argument might be valid if one of the assumptions holds that thermodynamics does not apply where Climate is concerned, but then we redoiuble our declaration that the argument is "not sound."

Into the Night wrote:All theories must pass the internal consistency check.

You need to be careful about wandering into territory whereby you end up assigning a truth value of FALSE to a religion simply because it argues an assumed biconditional. Is Christianity a fallacy? I can show that one does not equal three. Religions, such as Chritianity and Hinduism are unfalsifiable because their arguments are not sound, not because they are internally inconsistent. Christianity and Hinduism are not trying to pass as falsifiable science.

This is not the case with the Marxist faiths that claim to be falsifiable science. They garner a value of FALSE upon failing the internal consistency check. Christianity and Hinduism do not.

Into the Night wrote:A nonscientific theory does NOT need to pass the external consistency check.

Correct ... but the Marxist faiths become interesting when, as unfalsifiable dogmas, they claim to be falsifiable science.

Into the Night wrote:Not quite. Again, the 2nd law of thermodynamics can certainly be mentioned, and discarding it out of hand is certainly stupid, but the 2nd law of thermodynamics has never been proven True, nor is it possible to do so.

You picked an interesting example. The term "law" is used in science for something that is assumed to be true because out of countless observations, there has never been a single example to the contrary. You are correct that thermodynamics has not be proven to be true, but that is irrelevant. If anyone's argument is based on the assumption that there has been an observed instance to the contrary of thermodynamics, then this needs to be shown, otherwise no rational adult has any reason to accept it as true and the argument is declared to be "unsound."

Into the Night wrote:Logic is not mathematics. Mathematics is not logic.

I'd greatly appreciate one example of math that is not logic, or in one attribute of logic that does not apply to math.

Pick something in math that you believe is not logic and I'll nonetheless break it down for you into its component logic.

Into the Night wrote:They are both closed functional systems, yes. But they are not the same.

I agree that they are not the same. I claim that math is a subset of logic.

Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:If you have a logical conclusion, you have a proof, which is equivalent to a valid argument.

What I am saying is that in my terminology, a valid argument is a proof, that they are equivalent. You need for an argument to be sound to declare it a proof. That's perfectly fine.

Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote: In software engineering, this principal is incorporated into IDEs (interactive development environments) which highlight code and/or variables that is/are not used in the execution of the program.

No. IDE's don't do that.

See attached.
Attached image:

Edited on 29-03-2022 05:46
29-03-2022 05:39
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
IBdaMann wrote:

OK.

Hence the difference in our terminology. But I did not make the terminology that I use.

I use the standard definition of a "valid" proof/argument as simply a conclusion that would follow logically from a certain list of statements, if all were shown to be TRUE. A "sound" argument is a valid argument whose statement list has been shown to be TRUE.

It would appear that you are defining "proof" as a "sound" argument rather than as a "valid" argument as I do. As such, I have already acknowledged that no religion can be a sound argument.

Into the Night wrote: It is simply stating that one element of a set is in the set and labeling that as a 'conclusion'.

That is not a fallacy. It is a proof, and it is a valid proof, and it is trivial.

Of course, under your definitions/terminology, it is not a proof until X is shown to be true ... but to claim that X somehow does not follow logically from X is to deny logic and to deny the identity axiom.

Into the Night wrote:A strawman. It is not possible to prove any religion True or False.

Again, this is why under my terminology, it is impossible for any religion to be a sound argument and why in your terminology, religion is precluded from being a proof.

I have no problem with any proof being trivial or convoluted. I first determine whether it is valid, then I worry about whether it is sound. Christians will claim that all of Creation was created by a Creator. That is valid but it is not sound. Since it is not sound, you are declaring it "not a proof." OK. That's up to you. To me, it is a proof, both valid and trivial but not sound.

Into the Night wrote:You are attempting to redirect the circular argument fallacy into a proof of something else that is trivial.

I simply don't recognize it as a circular argument. I refer to all assumptions made by religious dogma as "assumptions." Since they are assumptions that have not been shown to be true, proofs thus derived will not be sound. Again, in your terminology, this makes them "not proofs" but as long as they follow logically from the axioms and assumptions, they remain proofs in my terminology.

Into the Night wrote:I never said a circular argument imparts the value of False.

Into the Night wrote: Here you are using the word 'method', somewhat accurately, but science is not a method or a procedure.

My use of the word "method" refers to one's methodology for applying critical reasoning, not as a definition of science. Of course, science has to undergo the scrutiny of a very specific methodology, i.e. the scientific method, but arguments in general are analyzed via some methodology.

I used the Ideal Gas law as an example of an argument that is a biconditional that does not suffer from one of the conditions only being assumed. The Ideal Gas law, by being science, and thus having passed scrutiny of the scientific method, stands as an example of a biconditional argument that is not a contradiction. This is to say that if neither you nor I had ever heard of the Ideal Gas law, and you were to say to me "Hey, IBDaMann, it appears that an increase in temperature causes an increase in pressure ... but that an increase in pressure causes an increase in temperature, with each seemingly causing the other" ... I would not be able to validly deny observations supporting your argument and thus I would not be able to summarily declare your argument contradictory and internally inconsistent.

However, if you tell me that carbon pollution causes thermal feedbacks that increase the earth's average temperature without any additional thermal energy ... now I have an assumed biconditional, whereby one of the conditionals is only assumed to be true, not shown to be true. At this point we immediately declare the argument to be "not sound." The argument might be valid if one of the assumptions holds that thermodynamics does not apply where Climate is concerned, but then we redoiuble our declaration that the argument is "not sound."

You need to be careful about wandering into territory whereby you end up assigning a truth value of FALSE to a religion simply because it argues an assumed biconditional. Is Christianity a fallacy? I can show that one does not equal three. Religions, such as Chritianity and Hinduism are unfalsifiable because their arguments are not sound, not because they are internally inconsistent. Christianity and Hinduism are not trying to pass as falsifiable science.

This is not the case with the Marxist faiths that claim to be falsifiable science. They garner a value of FALSE upon failing the internal consistency check. Christianity and Hinduism do not.

Into the Night wrote:A nonscientific theory does NOT need to pass the external consistency check.

Correct ... but the Marxist faiths become interesting when, as unfalsifiable dogmas, they claim to be falsifiable science.

Into the Night wrote:Not quite. Again, the 2nd law of thermodynamics can certainly be mentioned, and discarding it out of hand is certainly stupid, but the 2nd law of thermodynamics has never been proven True, nor is it possible to do so.

You picked an interesting example. The term "law" is used in science for something that is assumed to be true because out of countless observations, there has never been a single example to the contrary. You are correct that thermodynamics has not be proven to be true, but that is irrelevant. If anyone's argument is based on the assumption that there has been an observed instance to the contrary of thermodynamics, then this needs to be shown, otherwise no rational adult has any reason to accept it as true and the argument is declared to be "unsound."

Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I'd greatly appreciate one example of math that is not logic, or in one attribute of logic that does not apply to math.

Pick something in math that you believe is not logic and I'll nonetheless break it down for you into its component logic.

Into the Night wrote:They are both closed functional systems, yes. But they are not the same.

Into the Night wrote:[quote]IBdaMann wrote:If you have a logical conclusion, you have a proof, which is equivalent to a valid argument.

What I am saying is that in my terminology, a valid argument is a proof, that they are equivalent. You need for an argument to be sound to declare it a proof. That's perfectly fine.

IBdaMann wrote: In software engineering, this principal is incorporated into IDEs (interactive development environments) which highlight code and/or variables that is/are not used in the execution of the program.

No. IDE's don't do that.

See attached.

?
Command 'import' not found, but can be installed with:

sudo apt install graphicsmagick-imagemagick-compat # version 1.4+really1.3.35-1, or
sudo apt install imagemagick-6.q16 # version 8:6.9.10.23+dfsg-2.1ubuntu11.4
sudo apt install imagemagick-6.q16hdri # version 8:6.9.10.23+dfsg-2.1ubuntu11.4

Your point?

Oops, my bad Harvey, he's your friend.
Edited on 29-03-2022 05:42
29-03-2022 19:52
(21635)
sealover wrote:

Carbon cannot reduce itself.
sealover wrote:

I will point out a couple of things that I think I DO understand in the question.

Consider methanogenesis - old school style using hydrogen, and new wave methanogenesis using organic carbon precursors.

Carbon is not organic. Buzzword fallacy.
sealover wrote:

Carbon dioxide is not an oxidizer. Buzzword fallacies.
sealover wrote:

You don't need bacteria to make methane, though bacteria can make methane.
sealover wrote:
NEW WAVE METHANOGENESIS.

Buzzword fallacy.
sealover wrote:
Bacteria take a partially oxidized organic compound, combine it with a highly reduced organic compound, then get methane plus an even more oxidized organic compound.

Still don't have any idea what 'reduction' means in chemistry, do ya?
sealover wrote:
Consider fermentation. Alcohol, acetic acid, lactic acid. These organic compounds contain a lot more oxygen than most other. CH3CH2OH, CH3COOH.

Fermentation products contain at least one carbon compound that is more oxidized than when it started.

Gram per gram, hydrocarbons contain about twice as much chemical energy to be released by aerobic oxidation than carbohydrates.

Which is why we use gasoline instead of sugar in cars. Redundancy.
sealover wrote:

One way microorganisms can survive in the absence of oxygen, nitrate, ferric iron, sulfate, etc., is to use carbon itself as the oxidant to oxidize carbon in more chemically reduced form.

Fermentation and methanogenesis give the lowest energy yields of all to a microorganism trying to make a living off the oxidation of organic carbon.

Now, how the nitrogen in the compost gets transformed into nitrogen gas is an avoidable thing.

When organic nitrogen undergoes "ammonification", nitrogen is separated from carbon and released as ammonium (-NH4+).

Ammonium can be oxidized by one kind of nitrifying bacteria to nitrate, using oxygen.

Nitrite can be oxidized to nitrate by another kind of nitrifying bacteria, using oxygen.

Nitrate can be reduced to dinitrogen gas by denitrifying bacteria under low oxygen conditions, as they oxidize organic carbon using nitrate as oxidant.

Dinitrogen gas is in a HIGHER energy state, more chemically reduced, than the nitrate nitrogen it was made from.

Carbon is not an oxidizer. There is no such chemical as 'ammonium'.
sealover wrote:
It would yield energy to burn nitrogen with oxygen and turn the atmosphere to NOx. But the activation energy is too high for spontaneous reaction.

It is an endothermic reaction. It's easily avoided in cars now due to the introduction of the EGR system.
sealover wrote:
Maybe a lightening strike or hot tail pipe can jam nitrogen and oxygen gas together in an energy yielding reaction, but it could never ignite the whole atmosphere or even extend a few millimeters beyond the spark.

Endothermic reactions don't ignite anything.

Your understanding of chemistry is dismal, to say the least. Your understanding of physics is even worse.

The Parrot Killer

29-03-2022 21:59
(21635)
IBdaMann wrote:

OK.

No. It is because you are attempting to prove something else besides the theory itself.
IBdaMann wrote:

It is not trivial. It is the Identity axiom.
?X->X.

IBdaMann wrote:

You said it yourself already. If you can assume X (?X, which is to say if X is True), it follows that X is True.
IBdaMann wrote:

No. Again, you are attempting to prove something other than the theory itself. A strawman.
IBdaMann wrote:

This isn't about terminology. It is about proving something besides the theory itself. A strawman.
IBdaMann wrote:

No. A valid argument is not a proof. It is simply a valid argument.
IBdaMann wrote:

Fallacies carry no value.

A statement containing a fallacy could possibly result in a True or a False. The fallacy is invalidation of the statement, due to some faulty structure.

For example:
'It is proven that God exists.' is a circular argument fallacy. It is not possible to prove whether God exists or not. The only thing that is False is the 'proven'. God may exist, resulting in a True, or God may not exist, resulting in a False. The remaining statement is a valid argument, and an argument of faith, or a circular argument. It may be True, it may be False. It is impossible to prove it either way. The fallacy does not declare the statement to be False.

IBdaMann wrote:

My use of the word "method" refers to one's methodology for applying critical reasoning, not as a definition of science.

Fine. I can certainly accept this definition of a 'method'. It is not science, however. Critical reasoning can be applied to anything.
IBdaMann wrote:
Of course, science has to undergo the scrutiny of a very specific methodology, i.e. the scientific method, but arguments in general are analyzed via some methodology.

It really is not that specific. There are three main requirements, and they have little to do with 'science' per se:

The theory must pass the internal consistency check. This is required of all theories, regardless of whether they are theories of science or not.

The theory must pass the external consistency check. This is required by logic, not by science. A theory that doesn't pass this check forces one or both conflicting theories to be falsified.

The theory must be falsifiable. This just the definition of 'science' and not a method or procedure at all.

There is no order that these requirements must be met. They simply all must be met. There is no procedure. There is no method. There is no sequence of any kind.

IBdaMann wrote:

This is again a strawman. The initial circular argument of the Church of Global Warming is that the Earth is somehow warming. It could be True, or it could be False. It is not possible to prove it either way simply because it's not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

The CAUSE of this warming are attachments to this initial circular argument. It is quite possible to show these commonly used causes to be False by referring to a theory of science, which has gone beyond the simply circular argument due to it's falsifiability.

Example: CO2 is causing the warming. This statement is False, due to the use of the 1st law of thermodynamics, a falsifiable theory, and therefore a theory of science. It is NOT because the 1st law of thermodynamics itself is True in any way. It is simply because it is a theory of science that hasn't yet been falsified.

Age does not prove a theory True. You inadvertently made this mistake, and is the same mistake often used by the Church of Global Warming itself (badly).

IBdaMann wrote:

You need to be careful about wandering into territory whereby you end up assigning a truth value of FALSE to a religion simply because it argues an assumed biconditional.

It is not a biconditional. It is a circular argument (an argument of faith).
IBdaMann wrote:
Is Christianity a fallacy?
No. It is based on the initial circular argument that Christ exists, and that He is who He says He is. ALL other arguments stem from this initial argument.
IBdaMann wrote:
I can show that one does not equal three.
Irrelevant statement. Off topic.
IBdaMann wrote:
Religions, such as Chritianity and Hinduism are unfalsifiable because their arguments are not sound, not because they are internally inconsistent. Christianity and Hinduism are not trying to pass as falsifiable science.

Their arguments ARE sound. They are completely valid. They are internally consistent. They contain no fallacy. They are not falsifiable, this is True, but they are completely valid arguments and they are sound arguments.
IBdaMann wrote:

The Church of Global Warming's initial circular argument states that the Earth is somehow warming. That's it. That's all. EVERYTHING else stems from that argument.
Examples:
* There are some that believe the 'warming' is caused by Man.
* There are some that believe the 'warming' is just natural variation and that Man's contribution is trivial to nothing.
* There are some that blame CO2.
* There are some that blame methane.
* There are some that blame water.
* There are some that blame the Sun's output changing, which leaves Man's contribution out of it completely!

IBdaMann wrote:

Which is obviously just a lie. This is but one attempt to prove their initial circular argument True. It is fundamentalism.
IBdaMann wrote:

You picked an interesting example. The term "law" is used in science for something that is assumed to be true because out of countless observations, there has never been a single example to the contrary.

We have discussed this before. We already agreed to disagree.
IBdaMann wrote:
You are correct that thermodynamics has not be proven to be true, but that is irrelevant.

It is completely relevant. The fact that no theory of science can ever be proven True is central to my argument that a statement challenging said theory is not necessarily False.

One example of this is when a theory is falsified.
IBdaMann wrote:
If anyone's argument is based on the assumption that there has been an observed instance to the contrary of thermodynamics, then this needs to be shown, otherwise no rational adult has any reason to accept it as true and the argument is declared to be "unsound."

It is both unsound and invalid, since such an assumption is effectively an argument of the Stone fallacy.
IBdaMann wrote:

Set theory is not math. It is logic. The formal structure of an argument is not math. It is logic. An argument in math refers to an element of an equation, an entirely different thing. Arithmetic is not logic, it is math.
IBdaMann wrote:

The axioms that form what we call mathematics are simple definitions. Logic is used to extend math from these axioms quite often, but it doesn't apply in all cases. Math itself is quite capable of formal proofs since it is a closed functional system. Logic also is capable of formal proofs, and does not need math to conduct them.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:[quote]IBdaMann wrote:If you have a logical conclusion, you have a proof, which is equivalent to a valid argument.

What I am saying is that in my terminology, a valid argument is a proof, that they are equivalent.

I no what you are saying, but this is not the case. A valid argument is not a proof in and of itself. It is simply a valid argument, free of fallacies.
IBdaMann wrote:
You need for an argument to be sound to declare it a proof. That's perfectly fine.

No. A sound argument is not a proof either. It is simply a sound argument.
Proofs must of course be sound arguments, but they are not the same thing.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

No. IDE's don't do that.

See attached.

So I see you like the Eclipse IDE. This one is favored for Java and tends to be optimized around it. IDE's are available centered around many languages. They do not indicate unused variables. It is not a requirement to be an IDE. Eclipse itself can only determine an unused variable when condensing the program (Java runs as a condenser, not a compiler).

Most programmers do not use an IDE at all. They just use a text editor such as VI or Emacs. Web developers tend to use Bluefish.

Since you are worried about anything in Java to be swiped by Oracle, try a different condenser language, such as Python3. Java is rather like the COBOL of today. It's very awkward to use for what it does and has numerous problems with library version handling.

Python3 is a semi-fixed field language, which takes a bit of getting used to, but it's libraries are very stable and have little trouble with version dependencies. It will tie right in to some popular graphing packages as well, making it ideal for plotting values.

Just my two cents opinion between the languages.

Determining whether a variable is used is known as coverage analysis, and can only done by running the program, instrumented for coverage. This is automatically done on a minimal level for some language dedicated type IDE's, such as Eclipse. It is not, however, a required feature of an IDE.

An IDE is really nothing more than an editor, file relation utility (project manager), automation of simple build processes (make), and a debug/run environment (like gdb), all rolled into one.

Syntax coloring denotes things like variable declarations, verbs, nouns, parameters, and sometimes brace handling. It also typically shows comments in their own color (usually a less vibrant color). This is available in many editors today, including VI, Emacs, and Bluefish. Emacs is particularly good at handling many languages, since it's controlled via Lisp...an excellent language for handling text processing and settings processing (one of the reasons Google's spider is written in Lisp).

VI uses Guile (a variant of Lisp) for this handling, but is more rigid in it's scope. Bluefish is the same way. So is the editor in Eclipse.

Most IDE's are very poor at handling large complex projects. These are better handled by Make and automation for Make, such as the autotools. Many shops customize the configuration process and resulting build as well, typically calling upon Make to conduct the actual build.

The Windows IDE for Visual Studio uses a make utility known as NMake.

The make control files determine what needs to be compiled, and governs the linking process. Some automated source files are generated with scripting or tools such as YACC or Bison. Language translation incorporation is also done during the build. This is typically the .PO files in a project (generated by the gettext utility and of course the translating team itself).

Some IDE's automatically handle code repository systems for you. Some incorporate bug and project ticketing handling for you. They do this by internally scripting the use of these tools in the IDE environment itself.

In summary:
IDE's are combinations of an editor, a build utility, and a debugging utility. Anything else added is simply a feature of that particular IDE and not required to be an IDE.

The Parrot Killer

RE: Oxidation of Nitrogen is EXOthermic. Just not spontaneous.30-03-2022 05:08
sealover
★★★★☆
(1259)
Oxidation of Nitrogen is EXOthermic. Just not spontaneous.

I was fortunate to have a physics instructor who was a genius and a veteran of the Manhattan Project.

He told us about how worried some of the atmospheric scientists were.

N2 + O2 = NOx is an EXOthermic reaction.

It just happens to have a very high activation energy without a catalyst.

Physicists knew that oxidation of nitrogen never extended as a spontaneous reaction beyond the microsite where high activation energy was available.

But an atomic bomb was going to do more than provide high activation energy limited to a microsite in space.

There was genuine concern that an atom bomb could provide sufficient activation energy for a spontaneous chain reaction of nitrogen oxidation to occur in the atmosphere. Because the reaction IS EXOTHERMIC.

They double checked the math, then triple checked.

The thermal diffusivity of air was insufficient to support transmission of sufficient activation energy to burn up the whole atmosphere.

It would be safe to explode an atom bomb in our atmosphere.

Any radium generated in the process would decay via radon, bismuth, and a few others to become stable lead.

And since there are not any gamma rays emitted during decay of radioactive bismuth isotopes, NOBODY WOULD GET HURT BY ANY GAMMA RADIATION.

Oxidation of dinitrogen by dioxygen is an EXOTHERMIC CHEMICAL REACTION.

Unless it's in the same universe where there are no gamma rays associated with radium decay.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Into the Night wrote:
sealover wrote:

Carbon cannot reduce itself.
sealover wrote:

Carbon is not organic. Buzzword fallacy.
sealover wrote:

Carbon dioxide is not an oxidizer. Buzzword fallacies.
sealover wrote:

You don't need bacteria to make methane, though bacteria can make methane.
sealover wrote:
NEW WAVE METHANOGENESIS.

Buzzword fallacy.
sealover wrote:

Still don't have any idea what 'reduction' means in chemistry, do ya?
sealover wrote:

Which is why we use gasoline instead of sugar in cars. Redundancy.
sealover wrote:

Carbon is not an oxidizer. There is no such chemical as 'ammonium'.
sealover wrote:

It is an endothermic reaction. It's easily avoided in cars now due to the introduction of the EGR system.
sealover wrote:

Endothermic reactions don't ignite anything.

Your understanding of chemistry is dismal, to say the least. Your understanding of physics is even worse.
30-03-2022 09:33
(21635)
sealover wrote:
Oxidation of Nitrogen is EXOthermic. Just not spontaneous.

Nope. It's an endothermic reaction.
sealover wrote:
I was fortunate to have a physics instructor who was a genius and a veteran of the Manhattan Project.

A physics instructor that denies physics...right. That's no genius.
You're lying.
sealover wrote:
He told us about how worried some of the atmospheric scientists were.

There is no such branch in science.
sealover wrote:
N2 + O2 = NOx is an EXOthermic reaction.

sealover wrote:
It just happens to have a very high activation energy without a catalyst.

What catalyst? It's an endothermic reaction.
sealover wrote:
Physicists knew that oxidation of nitrogen never extended as a spontaneous reaction beyond the microsite where high activation energy was available.

Because it's an endothermic reaction.
sealover wrote:
But an atomic bomb was going to do more than provide high activation energy limited to a microsite in space.

So?
sealover wrote:
There was genuine concern that an atom bomb could provide sufficient activation energy for a spontaneous chain reaction of nitrogen oxidation to occur in the atmosphere. Because the reaction IS EXOTHERMIC.

sealover wrote:
They double checked the math, then triple checked.

What math? You provided no calculation or formula. Who are 'they'?
sealover wrote:
The thermal diffusivity of air was insufficient to support transmission of sufficient activation energy to burn up the whole atmosphere.

You can't burn the atmosphere.
sealover wrote:
It would be safe to explode an atom bomb in our atmosphere.

Safe for who? I doubt the city destroyed by such a bomb doesn't think it's safe.
sealover wrote:
Any radium generated in the process would decay via radon, bismuth, and a few others to become stable lead.

No material in an atom bomb is converted into radon or bismuth or lead. You obviously have no understanding of nuclear fission or even current bomb making techniques.
sealover wrote:
And since there are not any gamma rays emitted during decay of radioactive bismuth isotopes, NOBODY WOULD GET HURT BY ANY GAMMA RADIATION.

There are no bismuth isotopes in an atom bomb of either type.
sealover wrote:
Oxidation of dinitrogen by dioxygen is an EXOTHERMIC CHEMICAL REACTION.

No. It's an endothermic reaction.
sealover wrote:
Unless it's in the same universe where there are no gamma rays associated with radium decay.

Radium is not a gamma emitter.

The Parrot Killer

RE: Thank you30-03-2022 16:06
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(350)
Just joined today. This is such an important topic. I'm looking forward to learning. Not sure how it all works. Just posting this to test the waters.
30-03-2022 16:22
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Just joined today. This is such an important topic. I'm looking forward to learning. Not sure how it all works. Just posting this to test the waters.

Hi GretaGroupie,

You will definitely learn quite a bit here if you're willing to stick around, and if you're willing to learn/discuss the related science itself rather than put blinders on and go full steam ahead with preaching religious dogma.
RE: Thanks gfm717530-03-2022 17:01
(350)
Yes, I will do my best to keep an open mind.
31-03-2022 04:14
(14452)
Into the Night wrote:Most programmers do not use an IDE at all.

All commercial programmers use IDEs, all of which identify unused variables/objects.

Check with any software engineering student at any university. You'll find he uses an IDE for all of his programming.

Text editors don't highlight errors or provide keyword selectors.

Into the Night wrote:Since you are worried about anything in Java to be swiped by Oracle, try a different condenser language, such as Python3.

I'm not worried about Oracle swiping anything in Java. I'm saying that Oracle owns Java. If science were mandated to be unambiguously specified in Java (which would otherwise be pretty neat), Oracle would own that specification standard. Jussayn.

Into the Night wrote:Java is rather like the COBOL of today. It's very awkward to use for what it does and has numerous problems with library version handling.

I have a different take. Java is the language to know. Learn Java first and object oriented software development in any language will be infinitely easier to understand.

Into the Night wrote:So I see you like the Eclipse IDE.

I use Eclipse for Java.

Into the Night wrote: Eclipse itself can only determine an unused variable when condensing the program (Java runs as a condenser, not a compiler).

Java is a compiled language. Java source code is compiled into platform-independent bytecode. The bytecode is interpreted by the JVM.

Into the Night wrote:They do not indicate unused variables.

Would you point out for me a major IDE that does not? If you are aware of one, it is likely that it is a decade or more obsolete.

Into the Night wrote:An IDE is really nothing more than an editor, file relation utility (project manager), automation of simple build processes (make), and a debug/run environment (like gdb), all rolled into one.

The lookup selectors, the alignment utility and the error notifications are really big deals. Before trying to compile code, a quick glance will bring many errors/problems to one's attention so they can be quickly fixed instead of hours being wasted sorting through, and tracing, exceptions.

Into the Night wrote:Most IDE's are very poor at handling large complex projects.

Eclipse works fine for large projects through seamless utilization of packages and modules. Any development team will need some sort of GIT utility, sure and of course, for very large projects, there are certainly other software project management utilities that are designed for that purpose.

Into the Night wrote: Syntax coloring denotes things like variable declarations, verbs, nouns, parameters, and sometimes brace handling.

... and unused variables.

Into the Night wrote:Python3 is a semi-fixed field language, which takes a bit of getting used to, but it's libraries are very stable and have little trouble with version dependencies.

I am a Python 3 programmer as well, and I use PyCharm for that.

Oh, speaking of which, see the attached.
Attached image:

31-03-2022 09:29
(21635)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Most programmers do not use an IDE at all.

All commercial programmers use IDEs,

No, they don't. Most use just a simple text editor and separate tools for debugging, code analysis, project management, compiling, condensing, or interpreting, and repository use.
IBdaMann wrote:
all of which identify unused variables/objects.

No. Most don't. At best, all they identify is local variables not being used. They cannot detect regional, national, or global variables that are not being used. Only coverage analysis during a run can do that.
IBdaMann wrote:
Check with any software engineering student at any university.

They are not commercial programmers. They are students.
IBdaMann wrote:
You'll find he uses an IDE for all of his programming.

They are not commercial programmers. These guys apply at shops like mine. I quickly find they can't code their way out of a wet paper bag. They don't know what a pointer is. They can't tell you the difference between a linked list and a B tree. They can't properly form a JSON string or handle a non-SQL database. That can't build an efficient stack for local functions. They have to be shown how to use a ticketing system. They don't document their code. They don't know how to use cloud services such as AWS. They don't know what a virtual machine is. They don't know how to set up an API to access a lambda function. They don't even know what a lambda function IS. They've never even HEARD of a testing team or how they work.

No. Universities do a TERRIBLE job of training programmers. Good programmers have to learn it on their own.

IBdaMann wrote:
Text editors don't highlight errors or provide keyword selectors.

Many do, including VI, Emacs, and Bluefish; none of which are IDEs. I find professionals are about evenly split between VI and Emacs, with a fair number of front end guys using Bluefish. A smaller number are still using IDE's, just as they learned in school, at least until they find they need to expand beyond them. There are always a few, of course, that never will. Their careers will be limited as a result.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Since you are worried about anything in Java to be swiped by Oracle, try a different condenser language, such as Python3.

I'm not worried about Oracle swiping anything in Java. I'm saying that Oracle owns Java. If science were mandated to be unambiguously specified in Java (which would otherwise be pretty neat), Oracle would own that specification standard. Jussayn.

Okay.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Java is rather like the COBOL of today. It's very awkward to use for what it does and has numerous problems with library version handling.

I have a different take. Java is the language to know. Learn Java first and object oriented software development in any language will be infinitely easier to understand.
Into the Night wrote: Eclipse itself can only determine an unused variable when condensing the program (Java runs as a condenser, not a compiler).

Java is a compiled language.

No. Java is a condenser language. Most any procedural language is object oriented these days. Learning any of them will teach you object oriented programming in procedural languages. It won't help you in nonprocedural languages though. Fortunately most work in the professional world is in procedural languages.
IBdaMann wrote:
Java source code is compiled into platform-independent bytecode. The bytecode is interpreted by the JVM.

You just described a condenser. Compilers compile to native code. There is no interpretor.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:They do not indicate unused variables.

Would you point out for me a major IDE that does not? If you are aware of one, it is likely that it is a decade or more obsolete.

No IDE can detect a regional, national, or global variable that is not used. That can only be detected at run by instrumented code. Even then it's a bit of a dicey guess. Coverage analysis tools allow you to map out mistakes like that for that reason.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:An IDE is really nothing more than an editor, file relation utility (project manager), automation of simple build processes (make), and a debug/run environment (like gdb), all rolled into one.

The lookup selectors, the alignment utility and the error notifications are really big deals.

Nope. They are easily available (and better quality) from just a command line and the compiler or condenser itself. VI, Emacs, and Bluefish also directly understand such error messages and can home on in the problem statement. They are not IDEs.
IBdaMann wrote:
Before trying to compile code,

Java is a condenser. Python is a condenser. C/C++ is compiled. Bash scripting is interpreted. Some lisps will compile (such as Chicken), others are condensers (such as Steel Bank and guile). Ruby and PHP are condensers.
IBdaMann wrote:
a quick glance will bring many errors/problems to one's attention so they can be quickly fixed instead of hours being wasted sorting through, and tracing, exceptions.

Condenser and compiler errors are not exceptions. They don't take much time to locate the problem (usually). Debuggers like GDB are very good at debugging and you don't have to use prints or look for exceptions to use them. Sometimes you are reduced to prints, depending on your run environment (not always a PC!).
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Most IDE's are very poor at handling large complex projects.

Eclipse works fine for large projects through seamless utilization of packages and modules.

No. It really can't handle large projects. It's okay for small and even some medium sized projects, but large projects it just can't cope with.
IBdaMann wrote:
Any development team will need some sort of GIT utility,

No. Git is not always used as the repository. I prefer it. I think it's the best overall, but some repository systems are better for certain kinds of files. Subversion does a better job of handling projects containing a lot of binary assets (like graphics, fonts, animations, etc).

Some shops have been hopelessly backward for years. They are still on things like Perforce. Fortunately, these are getting fewer and farther between. It's still part of the professional programming world, though.

Microsoft has been moving to Git, but they still have a lot of stuff under Subversion.
Amazon is doing better. So is Google. My shop uses Git for everything and has ever since it came out. I don't need to store many binary assets.

IBdaMann wrote:
sure and of course, for very large projects, there are certainly other software project management utilities that are designed for that purpose.

Even for smaller and medium projects. Gitlab itself, for example, has a fairly capable ticketing system built into it, once you set it up. For error reporting and handling, Bugzilla still holds it's own.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote: Syntax coloring denotes things like variable declarations, verbs, nouns, parameters, and sometimes brace handling.

... and unused variables.
IBdaMann wrote:
[quote]Into the Night wrote:Python3 is a semi-fixed field language, which takes a bit of getting used to, but it's libraries are very stable and have little trouble with version dependencies.

I am a Python 3 programmer as well, and I use PyCharm for that.

Okay, but when it comes to professional programming, there is something you should consider.

Most work is done in C or C/C++. A few dumbshits try to use C++ alone, and get in trouble with it every time. Front end work is primarily done in ECMA and possibly React now.
Support scripting is usually done in Bash or Python3. Building is most commonly done with Make, using complex scripting (that is maintained by a person dedicated to that task, often known as the buildmeister. The tremendous amount of embedded programming that is done is in C or C/C++, or even assembly language for some parts of it (typically these days it's done on an ARM processor...these are GREAT little chips!).

The Linux kernel and most of its utilities are written in C or C/C++. So is Unix, which includes the Mac. Much of Windows is in C/C++ but also has heavy dependencies on the proprietary C# and .NET libraries. They are only used in Microsoft world.

The AWS cloud depends largely on C/C++ to function, with front end stuff written in ECMA, Java, or Python3, depending on the desired purpose of the code. They have abandoned SQL completely for internal use (they still provide SQL for those that just can leave it!), having been BURNED by it so badly.

Google uses C/C++, Lisp, Java, and Python3, with ECMA on client side.

For what you are doing, Python3 or Java should suffice, and quite well.

IBdaMann wrote:
Oh, speaking of which, see the attached.

Yes. Another detection of a local variable not being used. Won't work for regional, national, or global variables though. Ya gotta run the code with coverage analysis instrumented in it to catch those! Some IDEs can make a pretty decent guess at regional variables not being used. It could be wrong, however, the variable flagged might be a national or global variable, or might be volatile.

IDE's can make a pretty safe bet about local variables though. They exist only on the call stack.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 31-03-2022 09:39
31-03-2022 09:49
(21635)
GretaGroupie wrote:

We welcome you. I realize that you favor the message of Greta Thunberg here, and that you think global warming is a problem. Here you will find why simple laws of physics make the concept of a greenhouse gas impossible.

I do not deny that CO2 (and many other gases) absorb infrared light, but it's just another way for a warmer surface to heat the air. Most by heating by conduction, but also heating by radiance.

All of it is radiated into space. All substances that are warmer than absolute zero (which is all substances) convert thermal energy into electromagnetic energy (light) according to the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
r = C * e * t^4 where 'r' is radiance in watts per square area, 'C' is a natural constant, which serves to convert the relation to our units of measurement, 'e' is the emissivity of the surface, or how well it absorbs light, and 't' is temperature in deg K.

Essentially then, 'C' and 'e' are constants. 'C' being a natural constant, and 'e' being a measured constant. As temperature increases, radiance goes up, emitting more energy into space.

The Parrot Killer

31-03-2022 14:51
(350)
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:

We welcome you. I realize that you favor the message of Greta Thunberg here, and that you think global warming is a problem. Here you will find why simple laws of physics make the concept of a greenhouse gas impossible.

I do not deny that CO2 (and many other gases) absorb infrared light, but it's just another way for a warmer surface to heat the air. Most by heating by conduction, but also heating by radiance.

All of it is radiated into space. All substances that are warmer than absolute zero (which is all substances) convert thermal energy into electromagnetic energy (light) according to the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
r = C * e * t^4 where 'r' is radiance in watts per square area, 'C' is a natural constant, which serves to convert the relation to our units of measurement, 'e' is the emissivity of the surface, or how well it absorbs light, and 't' is temperature in deg K.

Essentially then, 'C' and 'e' are constants. 'C' being a natural constant, and 'e' being a measured constant. As temperature increases, radiance goes up, emitting more energy into space.

Oh ITN, you are so right.

Everyone with half a brain knows CO2 isn't the real problem, but a mere fuse. And as for those bothersome F-, N-, CH4, and, dare I say, S-gases, well I'm sure you realize too that they're mere accelerants, so why waste any time talking about them? No, you (obviously) and I know what the real issue is.

Bravo!

As for Greta, I do love her so, but she is, perhaps, just a little bit misguided, wouldn't you say?
RE: Chicken or egg? Which came first? EASY ANSWER.31-03-2022 20:29
sealover
★★★★☆
(1259)
Chicken or egg? Which came first? EASY ANSWER.

If the question is ever asked among evolutionary biologists:

"Which came first? The chicken or the egg?"

No baffling paradox of any kind.

The answer is obvious and straightforward.

The EGG CAME FIRST!

The bird that laid it was ALMOST a chicken.

Mutations in the genes that went into the egg caused a chicken to hatch from it, even though the bird that laid the egg was NOT a chicken. Not quite.

But you won't find too many evolutionary biologists to discuss chicken eggs with around here.

You will find at least one who will tell you that you must hate plants and want to kill everyone.

You will find at least one who will let you know that they are on to your nefarious schemes to harm humanity.

Chicken genes? You won't be allowed to even talk about them until EVERYONE is satisfied that you have unambiguously defined all your terms.

Next thing you know, they'll call you a troll.

So, GretaGroupie, I'm not sure how it all works either.

You say you think Greta is misguided, yet you characterize yourself as a "groupie".

Who could ever doubt that you are being genuine in your presentation?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GretaGroupie wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:

Everyone with half a brain knows CO2 isn't the real problem, but a mere fuse. And as for those bothersome F-, N-, CH4, and, dare I say, S-gases, well I'm sure you realize too that they're mere accelerants, so why waste any time talking about them? No, you (obviously) and I know what the real issue is.

Bravo!

As for Greta, I do love her so, but she is, perhaps, just a little bit misguided, wouldn't you say?
31-03-2022 21:24
(21635)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:

Bravo!

A mere fuse for what? There really is no 'issue'. There is really nothing to panic about. If the Sun is increasing it's output and warming the Earth, we really can't to anything about it. We're along for the ride, however it goes.

The Sun has been a pretty stable star.

As for Greta, yeah, she is misguided. It is unfortunate what her parents have done to her. They are, however, just passing their religion on to their child. Her parents have left her with a mind so closed nothing can change it. Greta and her parents have found they can cash in on this religion as well, like TV evangelists do with Christianity.

The Parrot Killer

01-04-2022 18:23
(350)
sealover wrote:
You won't be allowed to even talk about them until EVERYONE is satisfied that you have unambiguously defined all your terms.

Oh my, sealover, well aren't you the dominant alpha male, telling everyone what the have to do. That's kinda hot!

Well, I guess I must obey you and define ALL my terms, so, would you like me to send you my dick-tionary?
01-04-2022 18:25
(350)
Into the Night wrote:
A mere fuse for what?

For everything, silly! We all know CO2 isn't the real issue, cause, there is no issue (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

You are so smart, ITN. No one's going to fool you!
01-04-2022 19:12
(14452)
GretaGroupie wrote:For everything, silly! We all know CO2 isn't the real issue, cause, there is no issue (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

I'm glad to see that you like Monty Python, and it's good that you have a sense of humor because you will need it when you are splashed with a bucket of ice-cold rude awakening.

There is no issue ... and you know this by your complete inability to articulate any sort of issue. Your implication to the contrary does not fool anyone. Your inability to honestly discuss this "issue" gives you away.

Point. Set. Match. Game over.

GretaGroupie wrote:You are so smart, ITN. No one's going to fool you!

He can be fooled ... but only by people who get up much earlier in the morning than you did.

Have you tried using the machine that goes "bing!"?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-04-2022 19:45
(14452)
GretaGroupie wrote:
sealover wrote:
You won't be allowed to even talk about them until EVERYONE is satisfied that you have unambiguously defined all your terms.

Oh my, sealover, well aren't you the dominant alpha male, telling everyone what the have to do. That's kinda hot!

Well, I guess I must obey you and define ALL my terms, so, would you like me to send you my dick-tionary?

Just to bring you up to speed, seal over is relatively new to this site. On day one, he effectively posted a bunch of dishonesty under the assumption that everyone on this site is stupid. When people tried to engage in honest discussion with him (for which he was totally unprepared), he ignored all questions and requests for clarification, and began frenetic spamming of the board. After receiving many requests to simply define the terms he was using, and his continued refusal to do so, he started making a joke out of it as a form of deflection.

I am the one who uses the adjective/adverb "unambiguous/unambiguously" with respect to definitions that are claimed to be science/scientific because all science must be thus. Hence seal over makes sure to include the word "unambiguous" in almost every deflection attempt just to make sure everyone knows that he is deflecting.

I would encourage you to click on his avatar and notice his sheer bulk of spam that he has generated, all without a single definition of his terms. If you ask him, he will tell you that he was somehow forced to spam the board to keep from being silenced. I still haven't figured that one out.

Anyway, all are welcome here at this site, but this community is an honest community and typically demands honest discussion, not pushing religions or dishonest political agendas. As such, most will ask for clarification of terms, so as to properly respond in an honest manner. seal over refuses to be honest. I doubt everything that he writes.

As you seem to be a strong believer of the Global Warming faith, you can expect a fair amount of requests that you unambiguously specify your issues and define your terms. If you do not, many will simply default to those definitions in The MANUAL. I recommend you peruse it and let me know if you see any errors. I maintain The MANUAL but 100% of the content comes directly from the Global Warming congregation, such as you, and I welcome any feedback and/or updates. Thank you in advance. Those of us who are not of that particular faith need a reference manual to help us follow along and to understand what people such as yourself simply assume everyone else believes as well.

02-04-2022 15:51
(350)
IBdaMann wrote:
Have you tried using the machine that goes "bing!"?

I've used a machine that goes buzzzzz (think of a low soothing hum), but not one that goes bing.

Anywho, I would not presume to correct anyone here.

"Live-in-la-vida-vida" (or something like that).
02-04-2022 16:40
(14452)
GretaGroupie wrote:I've used a machine that goes buzzzzz (think of a low soothing hum),

Who hasn't used an electric shaver?

GretaGroupie wrote:"Live-in-la-vida-vida" (or something like that).

Viva la Vida Loca
Page 3 of 5<12345>

Join the debate Climate Change - Be careful or you might learn something:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact