Remember me
▼ Content

An Example of Negative Work

An Example of Negative Work26-03-2021 15:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
An illustration of negative work being performed.
Attached image:

26-03-2021 15:37
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
An example of no negative work being performed.
Notice that the column broke in the middle.
Attached image:

26-03-2021 16:39
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Better let Pastor Pete (Rogers) know about this!
26-03-2021 19:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14450)
James___ wrote:An illustration of negative work being performed.

Nope. There is no such thing in nature as negative work.

Your image of a bridge is an excellent illustration of the grand architectural objective of getting the sum of all torques to be zero.

You picked a great example, by the way.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-03-2021 06:17
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

Your image of a bridge is an excellent illustration of the grand architectural objective of getting the sum of all torques to be zero.

A bridge is mechanical engineering. A "natural bridge" is this which is in Kentucky and is found in Red River Gorge State Park. Just not sure how I know that. The "natural bridge" is a feature found in nature which can be considered as being "pre-stressed". It's not a circular opening but is arched to a small extent if not more so.
And with this natural bridge, the rock the bridge is composed of might be a lot harder than the limestone under it. This kind of goes back to how the Great Lakes were formed. So with Natural Bridges, the density of the rock and its geology plays a role in it as well.

With a cable-stayed bridge, without lines preventing the collapse of the bridge, it would fail. When large cables with their many smaller lines to the span of the bridge deck prevent a downward movement from occurring, this is because when
f = ma, the force preventing acceleration is -f = -[ma] or to be more correct
f(-x) = -[ma]. In this instance, f = function and not force but force is the result of ma . And the lack of force is the result of -[ma]. This simply means that any function of mawill be negative.

p.s., I hope you're aware that to be technically correct that I had to go and italicize every a relative to ma? You guys are nutz.

At what point do you not understand basic math?
Attached image:

Edited on 28-03-2021 06:24
28-03-2021 06:21
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:

I quit going to church when Christians got me fired for going to the wrong church.
I dunno, they said something about them being real Americans and I will be obedient. Nazis told my father the same thing. He could run faster but alas I am from America and not in an occupied country so got screwed.
28-03-2021 07:39
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Isn't that funny gfm? Nazis with guns couldn't catch a teenager who played sports. Nazis had "summer camp". My father's friend enjoyed it very much while my father missed Bible study. Nazis were Christians. This isn't mentioned much for some reason.
Yet if Nazis would've caught my father, I never would have been born. Of course if Israelis did not slaughter Palestinian families, my father would have kept porting in Palestine. You know, In Haffa or Jaffa as Palestine exported produce. They don't today because of Israel.
Isn't it strange that my life depended on Nazis killing Jews and Jews killing Palestinians?
I guess that is why my family is dysfunctional. My father witnessed both. And it bothered him.
And now IBDM is saying that we should listen to Harvey. Just not sure on that one. Harvey is working in the same position that he did 27 years ago. Communism comes to mind or he's content with his life. If he is content with his life then his posts should show that life is good.
Edited on 28-03-2021 08:10
28-03-2021 21:31
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21628)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

A bridge is mechanical engineering.

No. A bridge is just that. A bridge. A structure that connects two points across a gap (such as a ravine, river, ocean, etc).
James___ wrote:
A "natural bridge" is this which is in Kentucky and is found in Red River Gorge State Park.
...deleted redundant gunk...

There are many natural bridges. You will find lots of them in Zion National Park.
James___ wrote:
At what point do you not understand basic math?

So what is the basic math and engineering used to construct a natural bridge???

You are trying to make up techoshit again.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
28-03-2021 21:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21628)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

I quit going to church when Christians got me fired for going to the wrong church.
I dunno, they said something about them being real Americans and I will be obedient. Nazis told my father the same thing. He could run faster but alas I am from America and not in an occupied country so got screwed.

Whining. I don't believe you.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate An Example of Negative Work:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
So how did the AI flight controller in the 737 Max work out2828-04-2023 23:02
LOL the new king of England never learned how pens work. Most inbred people have this very same problem014-09-2022 21:13
Merrick Garland is honored to work alongside the communist Gestapo FBI012-08-2022 03:04
Deborah Birx, White House covid coordinator finally ADMITS THAT THERE ARE NO COVID VACCINES THAT WORK623-07-2022 20:17
How many FBI agents does it take to stand around the gym, pretending to work out or text their Mom121-07-2022 16:43
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact