Page 2 of 2<12
06-07-2021 17:37
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21701)
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Rumor has it, climate change is an existential threat.

There is a grain of truth behind every rumor.

You have to destroy many mass delusions to identify the grain of truth.

This is only if we can't reduce ODSs and run out of sources of CO2. Hydrocarbons and ODSs really do need to be reduced. Basically, if the ozone layer becomes depleted enough, we won't be able to grow crops and phytoplankton (fish love the stuff, think food chain) will probably die off among other things. We do have time and how we use it is up to us.

p.s., @All, my primary concern would be what threat does industrialization pose to the ozone layer? About everything else we do, we can survive/adapt or adjust to. The ozone layer supports us having food to eat.

If Earth lost its protection from Sun's radiation, that would be existential threat.

Just a quick question here. Does Venus have an ozone layer?

No. No oxygen.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-07-2021 17:39
(21701)
tmiddles wrote:
One Punch Man wrote: [those] against the greenhouse gas theory and so probably won't respond well to this post because it assumes that CO2 and water vapour are having a real small warming...

Well there you have the difference between being skeptical and being a denier. For the mob out there (and the few trolls here) dedicated to "fighting" against the forces of conspiracy trying to dupe us all there is little hope of exploring anything because they aren't trying to figure anything out.

So what about this question: What is a sane/sound approach to skepticism?

I would say that the conspiracy formula (which is neither left wing, right wing or pro anything in particular, but simply a tool anyone can use to believe anything) is an easily identified and dismissed BS skepticism. Though it has never been more popular. That I would boil down to:
1- A position a person wants to believe
2- Belief in an enemy capable of hiding or manufacturing evidence to discredit that position.
3- Should evidence be missing or contradictory simply refer to step 2.

Your 22 points depart from this in that you are working from NASA data. To suggest that NASA simply falsified all the data would be the conspiracy theorists blank check to believe anything they want.

Random numbers are not data. There is no data. Not even NASA can make data out of random numbers.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-07-2021 17:41
(21701)
One Punch Man wrote:
Wow ^^ This IBdaMann guy is a total ass. Clearly he likes belittling people.

I won't bother replying to the forum troll. Save me time and energy.

Calling people names doesn't change the laws of physics that you continue to deny.

The Parrot Killer

RE: a reminder of who-is-who at climate-debate.com23-04-2024 02:16
sealover
★★★★☆
(1333)
IBdaMann wrote:

[quote]One Punch Man wrote:I have seen your replies on this board for a while,

I'm glad that you specified that you have merely "seen" my replies and didn't try to imply that you were somehow able to read them for comprehension.

One Punch Man wrote: ...and the viciousness of people like you is really striking.

Yes, I can easily understand how a total moron such as yourself would find correction via science and math as a "vicious attack."

You know nothing. You have nothing of any intellectual value to contribute. You believe that you are too good to learn from others. Your article is a testament to how you are only capable of regurgitating what other morons tell you to believe. You cannot think for yourself and are relegated to simply absorbing the mistaken opinions of others as though it were the gospel truth. If someone such as myself tries to help you with science, you consider it a vicious attack. It must totally suck to be you.

So there you are, wallowing in the misery of your life, overwhelmed by feelings of inadequacy, so you make your occasional appearance in Climate-Debate as a chronic troll trying to elicit signals that reaffirm your relevance in intellectual matters. Of course you can't simply respond intelligently to existing posts because that is beyond your abilities. Instead, you write an "article" that merely regurgitates what you believe are the correct opinions of other morons to whose level you aspire to reach, and then you come to this forum and say "Everybody look at me! Look what I did!" with the expectation that you be lauded for your brilliance. Of course, when your article is given a thorough scrubbing, it is more than you can handle. My unabridged review did not meet your expectations. It did not give you your delusion "fix" to help you overcome your feelings of inadequacy. Of course you found it to be "vicious." Of course you found it be "demoralizing." For you, it's not about learning (i.e. the purpose of this type of forum of ideas) but rather about having others stroke your ego, whether or not you deserve it.

You are a moron.

If you are too good to learn then the only other option is for you to be mocked. Get ready to bend over ... or else look to be coddled elsewhere.

I'm going to have fun with you. You don't know anything but you think you are some kind of guru. I'm looking forward to more of your "commentary."

One Punch Man wrote: You are [...] utterly convinced of your own rightness.

Being right does that to me, just as not knowing anything blinds you to people trying to help you.

[center]

One punch man tried to participate in this forum before.

In this interaction we have two members, both of whom are about equally anti scientific in their assertions about the nature of reality.

One of them has a sense of decency, where the other does not have any.

One of them relies on ugly personal attacks to prove they are correct about science.

You be da Mann... Does it make you feel smarter when you call someone else a "moron"?

Does it make you feel like less of a troll, after nine years and many thousands of mostly ugly posts, to call a member with 140 polite posts a "troll"?

I think most objective observers would agree that "vicious" describes the mentally ill and scientifically illiterate senior troll at this website.
23-04-2024 16:13
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14477)
sealover wrote:In this interaction we have two members, both of whom are about equally anti scientific in their assertions about the nature of reality.

You really do envision yourself as some sort of narrator who performs the "play-by-play" commentary from the sidelines ... of the actual players on the field.

Do you know why no one tunes in to your channel? Do you know why none of your "followers" ever arrived to marvel at your "library"?

In case you were wondering, you aren't a scientist, you have no "library", you have no fans, and your commentary is entirely bogus. You make this abundantly clear because you will never define your terms or explain your positions, obviously to avoid revealing that you don't know anything. You won't create your "library" because you cannot; you have no content.

You complain endlessly about every aspect of this site, but you will never leave because you have nowhere else to go. You don't know anything and you have nothing to contribute. You keep holding out hope that one of your imaginary faithful will join you here, to team up with you against those who realize that you are just a sham, a troll and a spammer. You have long-since deluded yourself into forgetting the imaginary nature of your fan club.

A simple perusal of your posts shows that you post online merely as a method for projecting your failure onto others. You try in vain to present yourself as wise and knowledgeable, while pretending to mock those who know much more than you do.

... and after all this time, you do so alone without any prospects anywhere else.

Welcome aboard. Here, you will serve as entertainment for others. Thank you for choosing Climate-Debate as your posting carrier. We know you have choices in where you provide entertainment value and we appreciate your business, and we wish you many happy spammings wherever your trolling may take you.
Edited on 23-04-2024 16:14
24-04-2024 05:01
One Punch ManProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(143)
sealover wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

[quote]One Punch Man wrote:I have seen your replies on this board for a while,

I'm glad that you specified that you have merely "seen" my replies and didn't try to imply that you were somehow able to read them for comprehension.

One Punch Man wrote: ...and the viciousness of people like you is really striking.

Yes, I can easily understand how a total moron such as yourself would find correction via science and math as a "vicious attack."

You know nothing. You have nothing of any intellectual value to contribute. You believe that you are too good to learn from others. Your article is a testament to how you are only capable of regurgitating what other morons tell you to believe. You cannot think for yourself and are relegated to simply absorbing the mistaken opinions of others as though it were the gospel truth. If someone such as myself tries to help you with science, you consider it a vicious attack. It must totally suck to be you.

So there you are, wallowing in the misery of your life, overwhelmed by feelings of inadequacy, so you make your occasional appearance in Climate-Debate as a chronic troll trying to elicit signals that reaffirm your relevance in intellectual matters. Of course you can't simply respond intelligently to existing posts because that is beyond your abilities. Instead, you write an "article" that merely regurgitates what you believe are the correct opinions of other morons to whose level you aspire to reach, and then you come to this forum and say "Everybody look at me! Look what I did!" with the expectation that you be lauded for your brilliance. Of course, when your article is given a thorough scrubbing, it is more than you can handle. My unabridged review did not meet your expectations. It did not give you your delusion "fix" to help you overcome your feelings of inadequacy. Of course you found it to be "vicious." Of course you found it be "demoralizing." For you, it's not about learning (i.e. the purpose of this type of forum of ideas) but rather about having others stroke your ego, whether or not you deserve it.

You are a moron.

If you are too good to learn then the only other option is for you to be mocked. Get ready to bend over ... or else look to be coddled elsewhere.

I'm going to have fun with you. You don't know anything but you think you are some kind of guru. I'm looking forward to more of your "commentary."

One Punch Man wrote: You are [...] utterly convinced of your own rightness.

Being right does that to me, just as not knowing anything blinds you to people trying to help you.

[center]

In this interaction we have two members, both of whom are about equally anti scientific in their assertions about the nature of reality.

One of them relies on ugly personal attacks to prove they are correct about science.

You be da Mann... Does it make you feel smarter when you call someone else a "moron"?

Does it make you feel like less of a troll, after nine years and many thousands of mostly ugly posts, to call a member with 140 polite posts a "troll"?

I think most objective observers would agree that "vicious" describes the mentally ill and scientifically illiterate senior troll at this website.

Lucky I don't frequent this board much. This guy is a total ass.

This forum has like 10 regular members and is possibly the most toxic forum I've ever been on.

Nathan-D
Edited on 24-04-2024 05:09
24-04-2024 08:02
(14477)
One Punch Man wrote:Lucky I don't frequent this board much. This guy is a total ass.

Lucky for us that you don't frequent this board much. You don't add any value. Conversing with you is like conversing with a bag of rocks.

You belong on a forum with other toxic morons, like YAP.
24-04-2024 10:37
(21701)
sealover wrote:
...deleted bad quoting...you still have trouble handling the quoting system here.

So?
sealover wrote:

You are describing yourself.
sealover wrote:

You are describing yourself. Calling a religion 'science' is not decent.
sealover wrote:

sealover wrote:

sealover wrote:

sealover wrote:

You cannot project YOUR problems on anybody else.

The Parrot Killer

26-04-2024 11:06
One Punch ManProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(143)
IBdaMann wrote:
One Punch Man wrote:Lucky I don't frequent this board much. This guy is a total ass.

Lucky for us that you don't frequent this board much. You don't add any value. Conversing with you is like conversing with a bag of rocks.

You belong on a forum with other toxic morons, like YAP.

Another ass.

You are possibly the most stuck-up narcissistic prick I think I've ever had the pleasure of meeting on any public forum.

You literally post thousands of posts dripping with pure ego.

You. Are. A. Total. Prick.

Nathan-D
Edited on 26-04-2024 11:11
27-04-2024 04:05
(14477)
One Punch Man wrote: Another ass.

Another pointless, bandwidth-wasting post.

One Punch Man wrote: You are possibly the most stuck-up narcissistic prick I think I've ever had the pleasure of meeting on any public forum.

In other words, you can't find anything wrong with anything I have posted, and you HATE me for it. You envy my superior knowledge so much that you the insignificance you feel at reading my posts practically drives you to suicide ... and you HATE me for that.

Have you ever considered trying once again to pass the fifth grade? The third time is the charm, they say.

One Punch Man wrote: You literally post thousands of posts dripping with pure ego.

Once you get beyond my superior knowledge, ego is all I have.

One Punch Man wrote: You. Are. A. Total. Prick.

Penis envy is usually considered poor form. My recommendation to you is to try something such as quoting from Shakespeare instead next time.
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate 22 Reasons to be Skeptical of Man-Made Global Warming:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Pro-Palestinian protester arrested in death of Jewish man Paul Kessler. Told you so.016-11-2023 21:56
BREAKING NEWS- Woody Harrelson voted in as new Worlds smartest man003-03-2023 15:29
Man freed from jail for committing a crime that never even happened. LOL they tried that with me too316-02-2023 19:01
Man's energy use actually does explain climate change1809-02-2023 03:27
Merry Christmas, rejoice for a child is born to guide the stringing of Chinese made sweatshop lights025-12-2022 14:35
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact