Remember me
▼ Content

Young Protesters skip school...

Young Protesters skip school...21-09-2019 01:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/global-climate-protests-start-in-australia-before-un-summit/988234306

Apparently, today was global climate protest day, organized by the climate change spokeswoman, Greta Thunberg. Wonder how many kids skipped both, school, and the protest... Parents, do you know where your kids are?

Wasn't just kids either, adults were encouraged to skip out of work, to protest as well. It's suppose to become a regular thing, until governments take real action. Hope employers apply their attendance policies, to the employees who took the day off, to discourage abuse of the excuse. It puts a heavier burden on the responsible employees, who do the work they agreed to, when they applied for their jobs. Same with schools, though apparently, some are more forgiving. Still, when I was in high school, I would have skipped both, and just enjoyed the day off. I'd imagine there were many whole made a similar choice. Great lesson, no obligations, no consequences.

There was an interesting statistic for Germany... They are only spending $60 billion on their 'Green New Deal'. Are they cheap, or are we planning to over-spend on ours?

Well, the good news is, that summer is over, and climate change will cool off in a month or two, when most folks start having second thoughts, as they are shoveling snow.

It's still amazing how many people could be so gullible to buy into believing a 2 C increase, stretch over 300 years, is significant, and scary. There is around a 20 F difference between night and day temperatures, locally. We see more than a few degrees difference, one day to the next. A couple of degrees, just doesn't make much of a difference. It's not been cumulative, or global either. We'd be seeing temperature records being broken almost daily, everywhere, every year. Our hottest day this past summer, barely tied a record set in the 1890s. There was one set a little north of here, 1960s, but think it was by 0.2 F, which I didn't find acceptable. We don't break temperature records all that often, not anything out of the occasional, as always.

There was something about Miami, which was odd, considering how long the oceans have been 'rising', and no actual land loss in Florida, just the usual storm related beach erosion.

Guess people spend more time with social media, than actual socializing...
21-09-2019 01:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
What about the truancy laws?
21-09-2019 02:02
(5196)
Into the Night wrote:

They don't apply to climate change, just like the laws of physics...
21-09-2019 02:43
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

They don't apply to climate change, just like the laws of physics...

No, but they apply to the students skipping school.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-09-2019 03:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
A small difference in temp is significant. There was only 6 degree C. decrease in temp that caused the last ice age.
21-09-2019 08:59
(21588)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
A small difference in temp is significant. There was only 6 degree C. decrease in temp that caused the last ice age.

How do you know? Were you there?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-09-2019 14:26
(5196)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

Haven't seen that one before, but then again, it's only speculation. I keep speculations on a separate list, with the other non-factual stuff. Anyone can make a guess about anything, doesn't make it the truth. Unfortunately, some people start believing speculations are gospel truth, and forget there is a whole great big world outside the door, and many other possibilities.

It's sort of why this child story is getting a little disturbing. These kids are being taught only half truths and speculation, in a scary way. They are told there are other possibilities, they only know that it's 'settled' science. This one particular child is suppose to have some mental challenges, so it's politically insensitive to say anything negative about her. A child with a disability, is a very strong shield to hide behind, and a lot of trusting young minds following. Fairly certain that this isn't going to last long, or end well. There will come a time, when she can't be 'handled' anymore, and will go off script a little to often, or start seeing the truth herself. All the speeches and public appearances might be fun for a while, but it's a lot of work too, and draining. Kids need fresh experiences, once something becomes a routine, its a chore, and get bored with it, they are driven to find something else, something new.

Think about all the kids, who became childhood TV and movie stars. Some continued on to successful careers after, usually the ones that were trained and disciplined from birth, basically. A large number, just stumbled into it, no experience at all to prepare them. The one-time role, turned into a series, and a few years of hard work, then it ends, they grew up. They also missed out on the usually childhood experiences. These are the ones that usually wind up in trouble, die young, for some bad choices, they weren't prepared to make. Lot of athletes end up the same way, they are good at one thing, and when they are no longer 'good' or get injured, they get lost. Lot of kids have the dream, or their parents, of going professional, and get rich and famous. Unfortunately, only a few actually make it, or last very long. Some understand that it's not going to last forever, and could end at anytime, and prepared. Others a crushed and frustrated, and make some bad choices.

Greta is being used. She'll do alright for a while, lot of new stimulus, places, people, climate change very complex. She's a star, get's everything she wants, and few people telling her 'no', or that she is wrong. Basically, it all seems like a positive experience to her, and will, for as long as she stays on script, and follows directions(guidance). Teenagers natural want to find their own way, make decisions for themselves, make their own choices. She's in for a huge crash soon, couple of years, at best. The same mental challenges that make her the perfect puppet, are going to be the same things that make her impossible to handle, as she grows up.

Join the debate Young Protesters skip school...:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Catholic student arrested at school for merely stating "that men and women are different"921-02-2024 21:44
You may not wave the American flag at any school, in the new Communist states of America128-08-2023 13:22
Transgender dickhead as-hole jerkoff shoots up Christian school. CNN praises the loser and blames Trump028-03-2023 02:05
school curriculum112-06-2020 06:32
Climate protesters block Burrard Street Bridge in Vancouver amid worldwide demonstrations007-10-2019 23:11
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact