Remember me
▼ Content

Ye Bible Troll Speaketh



Page 1 of 212>
Ye Bible Troll Speaketh07-02-2022 06:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12547)
2 Corinthians 13:8 - For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.



John 8:32 - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.



John 8:46 - Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?



.
Attached image:

07-02-2022 07:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12547)
Modern Progressive Version
Matthew 4:1-11

1. Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into Climate Ground Zero to be tempted by the devil.
2 And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry.
3 Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, "If You are the Son of God, command that these carbon sinks become bread."
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.' "
5 Then the devil took Him up into the city of free markets and individual liberty, and cast Him into the river amongst all the thermal pollution,
6 and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, immerse yourself. For it is written: 'He shall give His angels charge over you,' and, 'In their hands they shall bear you carbon neutrality, Lest you fall to extreme weather.' "
7 Jesus said to him, "It is written again, 'You shall not tempt the Lord your God.' "
8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the unredistributed wealth of the world in all its glory.
9 And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me."
10 Then Jesus said to him, [b]"Away with you, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.' "
11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.
07-02-2022 16:42
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12547)
Modern Progressive Version
Mark 12

13 And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words.

14 And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, but weareth no facemask: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to receive Caesar's vaccinations or not?

15 Shall we receive, or not receive? But He, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a Pfizer pair, that I may see it.

16 And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's.

17And Jesus answering said unto them, Let Caesar receive the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.
Attached image:

07-02-2022 17:35
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3184)
I have to admit that I got a good laugh out of the "Modern Progressive Version" (MPV).
07-02-2022 17:49
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12547)
gfm7175 wrote:
I have to admit that I got a good laugh out of the "Modern Progressive Version" (MPV).

You caught that! Good on you. I really thought I'd slip that by you.
07-02-2022 18:32
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3184)
Modern Progressive Version
Matthew 6

22 The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are protected, your whole body will be free of COVID-19.

23 But if your eyes are unprotected, your whole body will be full of heavy viral load. If then the COVID-19 within you is of heavy viral load, how great is that heavy viral load!

24 No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both The Science™ and science.

25 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about the erosion of freedom, or what you will be mandated to do; or about your body, or what you will have injected into it. Is not freedom sacrificed for the greater good, and the body safer with an indefinite amount of booster shots?

26 Look at the dodo birds; they did not mask up or socially distance or undergo continuous booster shots, and now they are extinct. Are you not much more sensible than they?

27 Can any one of you by following right wing conspiracy theories add a single mandate to the general populace?
08-02-2022 05:28
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
Modern Progressive Version
Matthew 6

22 The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are protected, your whole body will be free of COVID-19.



ie., if your eyes are covered, you are blind and cannot see. And thus your body will be free of the truth before it.

Why a Christian would pervert the Bible I have no idea but it must be God's will.
08-02-2022 06:12
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2540)
@gfm,

I am framing verse 25 and 26 and hanging it above the fireplace! Great work!
08-02-2022 06:32
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12547)
James___ wrote: Why a Christian would pervert the Bible I have no idea but it must be God's will.

Wrong word. Delete "pervert." Insert "apply."

Why a Christian would apply the Bible I have no idea but it must be God's will.




... oooops!, here comes the Bible Troll .... of course making a beeline for Psalms (who couldn't have predicted that?)



Psalms 56:4 - In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

Psalms 75:9 - But I will declare for ever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.

Matthew 4:4 - But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Acts 19:20 - So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

Proverbs 25:11 - A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
08-02-2022 06:45
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: Why a Christian would pervert the Bible I have no idea but it must be God's will.

Wrong word. Delete "pervert." Insert "apply."

Why a Christian would apply the Bible I have no idea but it must be God's will.




... oooops!, here comes the Bible Troll .... of course making a beeline for Psalms (who couldn't have predicted that?)



Psalms 56:4 - In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

Psalms 75:9 - But I will declare for ever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.

Matthew 4:4 - But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Acts 19:20 - So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

Proverbs 25:11 - A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.



The fact the gfm is your friend and with how you portray a religious belief, I can do no greater harm to religion than what you and your friends are doing.

p.s., Psalm 23:1–2
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Those who do not desire life shall perish saith the Lord. Green pastures and still waters are a cemetery for the fool who does not understand. As Jesus said, Heaven awaits you but Heaven can wait, live while you have a life.
Edited on 08-02-2022 06:49
08-02-2022 07:19
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12547)
James___ wrote:The fact the gfm is your friend and with how you portray a religious belief, I can do no greater harm to religion than what you and your friends are doing.

There's a lot to unpack here.

1. gfm7175 is an interesting friend. He's willing to overlook the fact that I don't share his theism (because I don't have any) and to consider simply the content of my words ... and perhaps the content of my character. Now that I think about it, he should just stick to the content of my words, and just ignore my character.

2. I don't recall portraying a religious belief. ... but since you bring it up, I'll gladly do it now. I view the Bible in the same way I view Aesop's Fables. I don't believe that any of it actually happened (nor do I believe that any of it didn't happen) ... and that it is irrelevant. Both the Bible and Aesop's Fables are intended to teach lessons in life, and each individual needs to determine which lessons resonate the most, which ones are the most applicable and which ones should be understood literally vs. figuratively. The difference between my perspective and that of a religious person is that a religious person, e.g. gfm7175, places a specific authority behind the lessons, e.g. God, whereas I simply don't assign any authorities whatsoever. Nonetheless, both gfm7175 and I can read Matthew 18: 23-34 and learn a valuable lesson, regardless of any theism or authority or lack of same. We each assign authority as we each see fit.

3. You seem to think that I can harm a religion. I didn't realize that your thoughts imbue in me such superpowers. I am flattered.
08-02-2022 16:38
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3184)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Modern Progressive Version
Matthew 6

22 The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are protected, your whole body will be free of COVID-19.



ie., if your eyes are covered, you are blind and cannot see. And thus your body will be free of the truth before it.

I didn't know that people wearing glasses or goggles were blind... interesting...

James___ wrote:
Why a Christian would pervert the Bible I have no idea but it must be God's will.

Love you long time.
08-02-2022 16:40
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3184)
GasGuzzler wrote:
@gfm,

I am framing verse 25 and 26 and hanging it above the fireplace! Great work!

Thank you. That was my favorite part as well.
08-02-2022 17:29
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2540)
gfm7175 wrote:
I didn't know that people wearing glasses or goggles were blind... interesting...


Absolutely true.

James was closing in on a successful project working out for him, but the safety glasses allowed for a miter saw accident.



Studies show that if you force several tubs of peanut butter down the throats of newborns, in some cases it could potentially be toxic. In cities where infant-PB-stuffing is more common, infant deaths increased by over 47% with corresponding increases in dead-infant obesity.. -IBdaMann
Edited on 08-02-2022 17:45
08-02-2022 19:06
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12547)
gfm7175 wrote:Love you long time.

I caught that reference. Wow, that goes way back.
08-02-2022 19:26
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3184)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:Love you long time.

I caught that reference. Wow, that goes way back.

just a bit...
09-02-2022 00:39
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12547)
tmiddles wrote:Uh, yeah... that's called "pitch forks and torches time"


... Enter the Bible Troll




Sheriff Clark Version

Ecclesiastes Chapter 3


1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

2a A time to reach for pitchforks and a time to light the torches

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Attached image:

09-02-2022 05:14
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3184)
Your graphics are brilliant... I yet again find myself admiring your wit.

And Sheriff David Clarke is the real deal... MAGA all the way... I wish he'd run for some sort of political office here... I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.
09-02-2022 06:02
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12547)
gfm7175 wrote:And Sheriff David Clarke is the real deal... MAGA all the way... I wish he'd run for some sort of political office here... I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

The main reason for creating this thread was to have a place to have the Bible Troll respond to posts in other threads with appropriate Biblical wisdom.



Luke 2:47 - And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
09-02-2022 16:28
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3184)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:And Sheriff David Clarke is the real deal... MAGA all the way... I wish he'd run for some sort of political office here... I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

The main reason for creating this thread was to have a place to have the Bible Troll respond to posts in other threads with appropriate Biblical wisdom.



Luke 2:47 - And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
09-02-2022 19:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12547)
gfm7175 wrote:
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."



KJV Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

BECAUSE


KJV James 3:18 - And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

KJV John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

KJV Job 22:21 - Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee.

... and in keeping with the J's ...


KJV Jude 1:2 - Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

KJV Judges 8:9 - And the priest said unto them, Go in peace: before the LORD is your way wherein ye go.

KJV Joshua 23:12 - Else if ye do in any wise go back, and cleave unto the remnant of these nations, even these that remain among you, and shall make marriages with them, and go in unto them, and they to you

.
10-02-2022 20:23
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12547)


tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Do you think a peaceful protest constitutes a crime?


Treason is a crime.


Wisdom of Solomon 14:21 - And this was an occasion to deceive the world: for men, serving either calamity or tyranny, did ascribe unto stones and stocks the incommunicable name.
12-02-2022 00:05
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
You guys are funny. gfm is the Christian. I think he said when the church rules the world you shall meet his Lord. Kind of what his kind lives for.
12-02-2022 06:51
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12547)
James___ wrote:You guys are funny. gfm is the Christian. I think he said when the church rules the world you shall meet his Lord. Kind of what his kind lives for.

Well, gfm7175 and his fellow Christians live for the day that their time in this world ends and they get to stake out some real estate in heaven. When my time comes, I expect the worms to be staking out my real estate.

So, just like Pascal's Wager, if it turns out that he's correct, I'll be sitting there as St. Peter runs down the guest list and says "gfm7175 ... yep, you got reserved seating in section 3A, congratulations!"

At that point, I'll turn to gfm7175 and say:

IBDaMann: "He's not going to find my name on that list, is he?"
gfm7175: "I'm afraid not."
IBDaMann: "Well, hey, could you put in a good word for me? ... you know, maybe sponsor me for a visa or something?"
gfm7175: "No can do. I'm a little pressed for time as it is. I don't want those Episcopalians squatting outside my bungalow."
IBDaMann: "Well, tell Him I'll make a graphic for him or something. I'll work for food. I can program in Java. My resume is pretty long. Hey, I know, I could be your gardener. Yeah, that's it, Just give me some branch clippers and some hedge trimmers.
gfm7175: "Look, It's been fun, ... but I really gotta go. Maybe you could talk to the Catholics over there ... they might be able to dig up that "indulgences" package. You never know. Anyway, I gotta go. Bye.

IBDaMann (to St. Peter): "So what do I do now?"
St. Peter: You're apparently signed up for the ... let me see ... ah, yes, the extreme thermal warming heat content package deal. You'll be going down this path over here and these gentlemen whose skin burns paper will be guiding you to your permanent vacation getaway.
IBDaMann: Can I just go with the worm-food option?
St. Peter: Ah yes. That's one of our most popular upgrades, but we are overbooked as it is. We can put your name on standby, but for the time being, you'll have to go with these gentlemen over here.
IBDaMann: Are you sure you want to do this ... to them, I mean. They're just going to be kicking me out of there in short order.
St. Peter: I don't think it'll be a problem, they're moderators at YAP and Debate Politics. I think you're already banned. You still can't leave.

... *or* ... I'll be right and just end up being worm food.
12-02-2022 15:31
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3184)
You have quite the imaginative mind... it's entertaining.
RE: Irrelevant spam thread16-04-2022 19:11
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(194)
This thread by the King of Spam is just that.

It's hard to tell but maybe it is an inside joke to disparage another site member.

Whatever point it is trying to make, this thread is irrelevant to the website.







IBdaMann wrote:
2 Corinthians 13:8 - For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.



John 8:32 - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.



John 8:46 - Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?



.
16-04-2022 20:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19208)
...repairing damaged quoting...
Im a BM wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
2 Corinthians 13:8 - For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.



John 8:32 - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.



John 8:46 - Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?



.

This thread by the King of Spam is just that.

Kettle logic. You are spamming (again). Your long pieces of spam by cut and pasting chemistry you didn't understand has nothing to do with climate or any debate on it either.
Im a BM wrote:
It's hard to tell but maybe it is an inside joke to disparage another site member.

Whatever point it is trying to make, this thread is irrelevant to the website.

Kettle logic.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-04-2022 20:45
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12547)
Im a BM wrote:This thread by the King of Spam is just that.

So now you are trying to take credit for my Bible Troll? I posted it, buddy, not you.

... and it's not spam. It is targetted Biblical research.

Im a BM wrote:It's hard to tell but maybe it is an inside joke to disparage another site member.

I am applying a competing religious view to the mainstream dogmatic Marxism.

Im a BM wrote:Whatever point it is trying to make, this thread is irrelevant to the website.

This is a religious debate site. We debate religious views like Global Warming, Climate Change, Christianity, COVID variant boosters, Climate Change, Greenhouse Effect and other supernatural doctrines.

The Bible Troll infuses Christian wisdom in an otherwise confusing world of Marxist gibber-babble.
Attached image:


Edited on 16-04-2022 20:46
RE: Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.23-04-2022 02:59
sealover
★★★☆☆
(804)
Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.

Two of them, the Tigris and the Euphrates, still flow. But they are greatly diminished since their glory days.

The other two, one flowing in from what is now Saudi Arabia, and the other from what is now India, have dried up completely.

Sea level has risen since the Garden of Eden days. The four rivers used to converge much closer to each other than the size of the Persian Gulf would suggest.

Climate change is recorded in our mythology.

Climate change is also in our recorded history.

This story is about perfectly natural climate change as part of the glacial cycle.

Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote]IBdaMann wrote:
2 Corinthians 13:8 - For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.



John 8:32 - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.



John 8:46 - Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?



.[/quote]
RE: Correction: IRAN, not INDIA23-04-2022 03:04
sealover
★★★☆☆
(804)
Correction: IRAN, not INDIA.

Dyslexia strikes again. I wrote India, meaning to write Iran, as the origin of one of the two rivers that have dried up in the last 7000 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]sealover wrote:
Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.

Two of them, the Tigris and the Euphrates, still flow. But they are greatly diminished since their glory days.

The other two, one flowing in from what is now Saudi Arabia, and the other from what is now India, have dried up completely.

Sea level has risen since the Garden of Eden days. The four rivers used to converge much closer to each other than the size of the Persian Gulf would suggest.

Climate change is recorded in our mythology.

Climate change is also in our recorded history.

This story is about perfectly natural climate change as part of the glacial cycle.

Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23-04-2022 03:14
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
I always considered the Garden of Eden to be the Rift valley of kenya where the original bushman come from that were the first humanoids.DNA proves we are all related to the bushman but not each other
RE: The Great Flood - An Earthquake, NOT 40 days/nights of rain23-04-2022 03:56
sealover
★★★☆☆
(804)
The Great Flood - An Earthquake, NOT 40 days/nights of rain.

The Black Sea was not a sea at all thousands of years ago.

Human villages can still be found on the sea floor, far below the surface.

Our mythology accurately recorded the fact of a Great Flood that left populated areas under water.

But it wasn't an implausible deluge of rainfall that caused the flood.

Sea level rise had caused the Mediterranean Sea to be at a higher elevation than hypersaline saltwater wetlands in the lowest part of what is now the Black Sea. Akin to the Dead Sea.

A massive earthquake broke open the Straits of Bosphorus.

Sea water from the Mediterranean began to flow downhill into what is now the Black Sea.

But it was a narrow opening, and the sea water was coming in at a pretty slow rate.

People had plenty of time to see it coming.

Nobody farmed the hypersaline salt marshes anyway.

But the rising water would eventually reach higher to where they lived and farmed.

Who knows?

Maybe someone really did build an ark to save their farm animals and family.

They would have had enough time to do it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]sealover wrote:
Correction: IRAN, not INDIA.

Dyslexia strikes again. I wrote India, meaning to write Iran, as the origin of one of the two rivers that have dried up in the last 7000 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]sealover wrote:
Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.

Two of them, the Tigris and the Euphrates, still flow. But they are greatly diminished since their glory days.

The other two, one flowing in from what is now Saudi Arabia, and the other from what is now India, have dried up completely.

Sea level has risen since the Garden of Eden days. The four rivers used to converge much closer to each other than the size of the Persian Gulf would suggest.

Climate change is recorded in our mythology.

Climate change is also in our recorded history.

This story is about perfectly natural climate change as part of the glacial cycle.

Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.
23-04-2022 05:20
James_
★★★★☆
(1093)
sealover wrote:
The Great Flood - An Earthquake, NOT 40 days/nights of rain.

The Black Sea was not a sea at all thousands of years ago.

Human villages can still be found on the sea floor, far below the surface.

Our mythology accurately recorded the fact of a Great Flood that left populated areas under water.

But it wasn't an implausible deluge of rainfall that caused the flood.

Sea level rise had caused the Mediterranean Sea to be at a higher elevation than hypersaline saltwater wetlands in the lowest part of what is now the Black Sea. Akin to the Dead Sea.

A massive earthquake broke open the Straits of Bosphorus.

Sea water from the Mediterranean began to flow downhill into what is now the Black Sea.

But it was a narrow opening, and the sea water was coming in at a pretty slow rate.

People had plenty of time to see it coming.

Nobody farmed the hypersaline salt marshes anyway.

But the rising water would eventually reach higher to where they lived and farmed.

Who knows?

Maybe someone really did build an ark to save their farm animals and family.

They would have had enough time to do it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]sealover wrote:
Correction: IRAN, not INDIA.

Dyslexia strikes again. I wrote India, meaning to write Iran, as the origin of one of the two rivers that have dried up in the last 7000 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]sealover wrote:
Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.

Two of them, the Tigris and the Euphrates, still flow. But they are greatly diminished since their glory days.

The other two, one flowing in from what is now Saudi Arabia, and the other from what is now India, have dried up completely.

Sea level has risen since the Garden of Eden days. The four rivers used to converge much closer to each other than the size of the Persian Gulf would suggest.

Climate change is recorded in our mythology.

Climate change is also in our recorded history.

This story is about perfectly natural climate change as part of the glacial cycle.

Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.



It was 4 rivers and not 2. Still, early settlers prove nothing other than someone started farming. That was about 7,000 years ago. People wanted more than scavenging like animals.
Not much has changed since.

@sealover, I noticed what you said. Glacial melt raised sea levels. The ice age was over. Why 2 rivers are under water. This suggests that the Garden of Eden
was about surviving the last ice age.
And yet today it is a barren desert. Allah Akbar.
Edited on 23-04-2022 05:48
RE: Yes, it was FOUR rivers.23-04-2022 06:42
sealover
★★★☆☆
(804)
Yes, it was FOUR rivers.

I'm not sure what you mean about an ice age ever being "over".

My understanding is that it is a continuous cyclical process, with gradual change over multiple thousands of years eventually reversing to gradual go back over multiple thousands of year.

They go back and forth, slowly, from mimima to maxima, then back from maximim to mimina.

As for humans not wanting to scavenge like animals, I have my own favorite theory among the many proposed for the origin of agriculture.

As humans got better at hunting and gathering, they started using up all the easy pickings. Many large herd mammals were hunted to extinction. As more humans got better at competing with each other, some of the more desirable plant species started to become scarce.

The theory I gravitate to is that agriculture was at first an act of desperation.

Why would people choose GRASS SEEDS over everything else?

People had already figured that plants make seeds that grow into new plants.

Grass seeds were easy to find and easy to cultivate. Especially for those who couldn't go far from the settlement to do any hunting or gathering.

Then people got better and better at growing grass seeds and selectively breeding for those that had the maladaptive trait of not releasing their seeds.

I like exchanging ideas with you and appreciate your respectful behavior.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James_ wrote:
sealover wrote:
The Great Flood - An Earthquake, NOT 40 days/nights of rain.

The Black Sea was not a sea at all thousands of years ago.

Human villages can still be found on the sea floor, far below the surface.

Our mythology accurately recorded the fact of a Great Flood that left populated areas under water.

But it wasn't an implausible deluge of rainfall that caused the flood.

Sea level rise had caused the Mediterranean Sea to be at a higher elevation than hypersaline saltwater wetlands in the lowest part of what is now the Black Sea. Akin to the Dead Sea.

A massive earthquake broke open the Straits of Bosphorus.

Sea water from the Mediterranean began to flow downhill into what is now the Black Sea.

But it was a narrow opening, and the sea water was coming in at a pretty slow rate.

People had plenty of time to see it coming.

Nobody farmed the hypersaline salt marshes anyway.

But the rising water would eventually reach higher to where they lived and farmed.

Who knows?

Maybe someone really did build an ark to save their farm animals and family.

They would have had enough time to do it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]sealover wrote:
Correction: IRAN, not INDIA.

Dyslexia strikes again. I wrote India, meaning to write Iran, as the origin of one of the two rivers that have dried up in the last 7000 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]sealover wrote:
Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.

Two of them, the Tigris and the Euphrates, still flow. But they are greatly diminished since their glory days.

The other two, one flowing in from what is now Saudi Arabia, and the other from what is now India, have dried up completely.

Sea level has risen since the Garden of Eden days. The four rivers used to converge much closer to each other than the size of the Persian Gulf would suggest.

Climate change is recorded in our mythology.

Climate change is also in our recorded history.

This story is about perfectly natural climate change as part of the glacial cycle.

Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.



It was 4 rivers and not 2. Still, early settlers prove nothing other than someone started farming. That was about 7,000 years ago. People wanted more than scavenging like animals.
Not much has changed since.

@sealover, I noticed what you said. Glacial melt raised sea levels. The ice age was over. Why 2 rivers are under water. This suggests that the Garden of Eden
was about surviving the last ice age.
And yet today it is a barren desert. Allah Akbar.
RE: Bushman may be the oldest survivors23-04-2022 06:52
sealover
★★★☆☆
(804)
Bushman may be the oldest survivors.

There is no doubt that the first humans evolved in Africa.

The bushman have such a unique language, it suggest many millenia of isolation.

But then, there is no way that the desert was their first choice of where to live.

And the Kalahari is some distance from the rift valley, where living conditions were presumably better.

A more vicious tribe drove them out to live in a place nobody would want to kill them to get their territory. Bushman culture is not a very violent.

I assume something similar happened to the people who live on the ice.

A more violent tribe drove them out, so they went to a place where nobody would kill them to take their territory. Their culture is not very violent, unless you are a seal.

Their choice to avoid extinction by living where nobody would kill them also isolated them from any outbreeding or major linguistic changes.

So, yes, they are perhaps our closest living relatives to Adam and Eve.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


duncan61 wrote:
I always considered the Garden of Eden to be the Rift valley of kenya where the original bushman come from that were the first humanoids.DNA proves we are all related to the bushman but not each other
RE: About that glacial till in the midwest23-04-2022 08:38
sealover
★★★☆☆
(804)
About that glacial till in the Midwest.

One main branch of soil science is pedology - essentially the study of soil formation.

One the important "state factors of soil formation", as per Hans Jenny, is TIME, or soil age.

That one is easy in the Midwest of the US

Soils of the Great Plains all formed at about the same time when the northward retreating glacier exposed the glacial till it laid down on its way south.

That was about 11000 years ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------

James_ wrote:
sealover wrote:
The Great Flood - An Earthquake, NOT 40 days/nights of rain.

The Black Sea was not a sea at all thousands of years ago.

Human villages can still be found on the sea floor, far below the surface.

Our mythology accurately recorded the fact of a Great Flood that left populated areas under water.

But it wasn't an implausible deluge of rainfall that caused the flood.

Sea level rise had caused the Mediterranean Sea to be at a higher elevation than hypersaline saltwater wetlands in the lowest part of what is now the Black Sea. Akin to the Dead Sea.

A massive earthquake broke open the Straits of Bosphorus.

Sea water from the Mediterranean began to flow downhill into what is now the Black Sea.

But it was a narrow opening, and the sea water was coming in at a pretty slow rate.

People had plenty of time to see it coming.

Nobody farmed the hypersaline salt marshes anyway.

But the rising water would eventually reach higher to where they lived and farmed.

Who knows?

Maybe someone really did build an ark to save their farm animals and family.

They would have had enough time to do it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]sealover wrote:
Correction: IRAN, not INDIA.

Dyslexia strikes again. I wrote India, meaning to write Iran, as the origin of one of the two rivers that have dried up in the last 7000 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]sealover wrote:
Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.

Two of them, the Tigris and the Euphrates, still flow. But they are greatly diminished since their glory days.

The other two, one flowing in from what is now Saudi Arabia, and the other from what is now India, have dried up completely.

Sea level has risen since the Garden of Eden days. The four rivers used to converge much closer to each other than the size of the Persian Gulf would suggest.

Climate change is recorded in our mythology.

Climate change is also in our recorded history.

This story is about perfectly natural climate change as part of the glacial cycle.

Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.



It was 4 rivers and not 2. Still, early settlers prove nothing other than someone started farming. That was about 7,000 years ago. People wanted more than scavenging like animals.
Not much has changed since.

@sealover, I noticed what you said. Glacial melt raised sea levels. The ice age was over. Why 2 rivers are under water. This suggests that the Garden of Eden
was about surviving the last ice age.
And yet today it is a barren desert. Allah Akbar.
23-04-2022 15:58
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4323)
Water flows downhill. Water takes the path of least resistance. Water causes a great deal of erosion. Nothing is immune from the effects of gravity. Rivers and streams change course all the time... Liberals are impotent, but still think they can control everything, everybody, all the time.
24-04-2022 20:06
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19208)
sealover wrote:
Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.

So the Bible describes.
sealover wrote:
Two of them, the Tigris and the Euphrates, still flow. But they are greatly diminished since their glory days.

The other two, one flowing in from what is now Saudi Arabia, and the other from what is now India, have dried up completely.

Sea level has risen since the Garden of Eden days. The four rivers used to converge much closer to each other than the size of the Persian Gulf would suggest.

Climate change is recorded in our mythology.

Define 'climate change'. Climate is not a river. It has no quantity. What is changing?
sealover wrote:
Climate change is also in our recorded history.

Define 'climate change'.
sealover wrote:
This story is about perfectly natural climate change as part of the glacial cycle.

What glacial cycle? Define climate change?
sealover wrote:
Four Rivers Flowed into the Garden of Eden.

You already said this.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-04-2022 20:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19208)
duncan61 wrote:
I always considered the Garden of Eden to be the Rift valley of kenya where the original bushman come from that were the first humanoids.DNA proves we are all related to the bushman but not each other


No one knows where the Garden of Eden was. No one knows where the bushmen come from either, or that they were the first humanoids.

No such proof exists.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-04-2022 20:15
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19208)
sealover wrote:
The Great Flood - An Earthquake, NOT 40 days/nights of rain.

How do you know? Were you there?
sealover wrote:
The Black Sea was not a sea at all thousands of years ago.

Human villages can still be found on the sea floor, far below the surface.

So?
sealover wrote:
Our mythology accurately recorded the fact of a Great Flood that left populated areas under water.

It does not describe the creation of the Black sea.
sealover wrote:
But it wasn't an implausible deluge of rainfall that caused the flood.

How do you know? Were you there?
sealover wrote:
Sea level rise had caused the Mediterranean Sea to be at a higher elevation than hypersaline saltwater wetlands in the lowest part of what is now the Black Sea. Akin to the Dead Sea.

So now you describe a sea level rise. What caused it to rise?
sealover wrote:
A massive earthquake broke open the Straits of Bosphorus.

Sea water from the Mediterranean began to flow downhill into what is now the Black Sea.

That is not sea level rise (except for creating the Black sea). How do you know this? Were you there?
sealover wrote:
But it was a narrow opening, and the sea water was coming in at a pretty slow rate.

How do you know? Were you there?
sealover wrote:
People had plenty of time to see it coming.

How do you know? Were you there?
sealover wrote:
Nobody farmed the hypersaline salt marshes anyway.

Why would anyone try to farm a salt marsh?
sealover wrote:
But the rising water would eventually reach higher to where they lived and farmed.

Who knows?

So people lost their home in a flood. Nothing unusual about that!
sealover wrote:
Maybe someone really did build an ark to save their farm animals and family.

They would have had enough time to do it.

You are speculating, and you are trying to change the Bible.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate Ye Bible Troll Speaketh:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Aesop's Fables - The Troll Who Cried Dead Barrier Reef804-09-2022 00:00
Go Fund Me pitch for troll-infested website vermin eradication program manual6022-04-2022 16:56
Safe Friends of "sealover" - Troll-free Library Networking. Join the List.622-03-2022 05:21
Want To Know A Real Leader To Trust Listen, To Follow, You Must Read The Bible Revelation End Time318-07-2021 20:15
The True Meaning Of The Babylon System In The Bible Revelation107-07-2021 19:43
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact