Remember me
▼ Content

ww2

ww223-02-2022 20:34
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
the results of ww2 were decided (given the amount of armament present at the time) by the ridiculous mistakes made by world leaders. For example germany's invasion of russia. What in the world was hitler thinking? Also, japan's decision bomb pearl harbor and invade china etc. Both leaders diluted their strength by branching out. Putin now has 70% of russia's military committed to surrounding ukraine. It seems risky for russia to do that. NATO might decide to ignore the fact that there is no NATO agreement with ukraine and just attack russian forces. I don't think russia would have any chance against that except to resort to nuclear weapons. That would be a major disaster for everyone, and i do mean everyone.
23-02-2022 21:20
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
the results of ww2 were decided (given the amount of armament present at the time) by the ridiculous mistakes made by world leaders. For example germany's invasion of russia. What in the world was hitler thinking? Also, japan's decision bomb pearl harbor and invade china etc. Both leaders diluted their strength by branching out. Putin now has 70% of russia's military committed to surrounding ukraine. It seems risky for russia to do that. NATO might decide to ignore the fact that there is no NATO agreement with ukraine and just attack russian forces. I don't think russia would have any chance against that except to resort to nuclear weapons. That would be a major disaster for everyone, and i do mean everyone.

Please learn English, and I am dead serious about that.

WW2, Germany, Russia, Hitler, Japan, Pearl Harbor, China, Ukraine

Why did you capitalize Putin but not any of the above-mentioned words?
24-02-2022 03:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
keepit wrote:
the results of ww2 were decided (given the amount of armament present at the time) by the ridiculous mistakes made by world leaders.

Don't sell the 'good guys' short. They made some pretty ridiculous mistakes at the time too.
keepit wrote:
For example germany's invasion of russia.

Germany and Russia are proper nouns. They are capitalized. Learn English.
Germany's invasion of France, Poland, Austria, the Baltics, and Russia was Hitler's bad idea. It was no mistake. Take another look at the Nazi flag. See that swastika, it's religious symbol. It means the 'outward influence' (usually of a temple). It was Hitler's dream to obtain world domination.
keepit wrote:
What in the world was hitler thinking?

Hitler is a proper noun. It is capitalized.
keepit wrote:
Also, japan's decision bomb pearl harbor and invade china etc.

Japan, Pearl Harbor, and China a proper nouns. They are capitalized.

Through the years, Japan and China get along about as well as the French and the Germans, and for much the same reasons. Japan conducted the raid on Pearl Harbor since the United States was imposing sanctions on Japan at the time.
keepit wrote:
Both leaders diluted their strength by branching out.

Right out of the Art of War. Yes. Attacking tends to dissipate your forces. This is why a successful army makes pinpoint attacks, conserving forces, and doesn't try more than it can chew at once. Even the D-Day invasion was a pinpoint attack.
keepit wrote:
Putin now has 70% of russia's military committed to surrounding ukraine.

Russia and Ukraine are proper nouns. They are capitalized.
No. Russia is not surrounding the Ukraine. It is INVADING it.
keepit wrote:
It seems risky for russia to do that.

Russia is a proper noun. It is capitalized. Yes. It is risky for Russia to do that, since the act violates several important treaties.
keepit wrote:
NATO might decide to ignore the fact that there is no NATO agreement with ukraine and just attack russian forces.

Ukraine and Russian are proper nouns. They are capitalized.
While the Ukraine is not a member of NATO, treaties do exist between NATO nations and the Ukraine.
keepit wrote:
I don't think russia would have any chance against that except to resort to nuclear weapons.

Russia is a proper noun. It is capitalized.
The Ukraine was already a nuclear nation. It has the facilities and knowhow to easily build them up again, and it may receive some through it's treaties.

The Ukraine military is superior in numbers as well, AND they have the citizenry interested in defending their homes and nation.

This is NOT going be the pushover that Putin thinks it is.
keepit wrote:
That would be a major disaster for everyone, and i do mean everyone.

'I' is proper noun. It is capitalized.
If nuclear weapons are exchanged, nothing says they have to be exchanged between all nuclear powers.

We are looking at the beginning of WW3. While not worldwide in scope yet, it will easily become so.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate ww2:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact