▼ Content

william happer

Page 2 of 4<1234>
29-11-2021 18:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
Can you see that there is a time interval between when co2 absorbs long wave radiation from the earth and when that energy is reemitted to outer space?

There is no sequence. You cannot suspend the Stefan-Boltzmann law for even a moment.
Energy emitted by the Stefan-Boltzmann law is not 'reemitted'. It is emitted. The Stefan-Boltzmann law does not describe reflection or 'reemission' in any way.

You cannot reduce entropy by even a moment either. You cannot suspend the 2nd law of thermodynamics for even a moment.

There is no sequence.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
29-11-2021 18:49
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:
Keepit.It is important to realise the slowing of energy is occuring at the surface at a millimetre from the surface.

You cannot slow light to less than the speed of light.
You cannot trap light.
duncan61 wrote:
The thing in the sky is called clouds.

Clouds cannot slow or trap light either. No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.
duncan61 wrote:
The NASA drawing is wrong heat does not go down.

Heat occurs anywhere something hotter is heating something colder. Heat has no location. It is not stored in anything. It is not energy.
duncan61 wrote:
I challenged this at my warmerzombie meeting and was told it was so children can understand.

They are belittling you.
duncan61 wrote:
So we are missinforming the chidren.

Who is 'we'? Are you talking to your other head or something?
duncan61 wrote:
Some things like water vapour and CO2 are greenhouse gasses as they slow the energy leaving.

Not possible. You cannot slow or trap light. Light always travels at the speed of light.
You cannot reduce entropy for any reason. You cannot use a colder gas to heat the warmer surface. You cannot trap thermal energy. There is always heat.
duncan61 wrote:
There is no energy apart from the sunlight.

Did you forget chemical energy? Mechanical energy? Thermal energy?
duncan61 wrote:
Some gasses like oxygen do not slow the energy.

NO gas or vapor slows or traps light.
duncan61 wrote:
Nothing is coming back from anywhere.There is no heat hiding in the ocean.It all rises.The stratosphere is not warming.its cold as hell up there.We have many devices Balloons etc that can be sent to many altitudes and it gets colder as you go up.It can not be warming higher again heat rises.

The temperature rises with altitude in the stratosphere. The energy, however, still decreases with altitude. Temperature is NOT total thermal energy. Denial of the 0th law of thermodynamics.
duncan61 wrote:
Ignore Fwit IBDM as soon as the debate goes to insults they are losing/have lost

Since you are turning to do just that, by your own definition, you have lost the argument.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
29-11-2021 18:53
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:
Lets start at the beginning I might learn something.Longwave radiation comes in from the sun at different angles depending on where you are.Shortwave radiation is emmitted back to space.The atmosphere slows the energy leaving because air has 3 molecule gasses in its composition CO2 NO2 H2O and CH4 other elements like oxygen and nitrogen play no part.Is this right or there are no other gasses

NO gas or vapor has the capability to trap light.
NO gas or vapor has the capability to reduce entropy.
NO gas or vapor has the capability to create energy out of nothing.

Angle of incidence plays NO part. You are trying to add an angle of incidence term to the Stefan-Boltzmann law. You cannot change the law in any way.

The Parrot Killer

29-11-2021 18:55
(21582)
keepit wrote:
ibdm,
You misunderstand greenhouse warming. Check with google to understand the interaction between an atmosphere and the sb law. Even though there is an interaction, the sb law is still valid.

Paradox. You cannot deny and support the Stefan-Boltzmann law at the same time.

The Parrot Killer

29-11-2021 19:00
(21582)
keepit wrote:
The energy comes from the sun ok. The co2 absorbs ir radiations coming off the earth causing a net increase in temp. It's not complicated. Do you see the time interval that results when co2 absorbs ir?

There is no sequence. You cannot suspend the Stefan-Boltzmann law or the 2nd law of thermodynamics for even a moment.
keepit wrote:
That time interval results in a slowing of energy loss relative to the time it would take for that ir to leave at the speed of light, hence , slowing.

You cannot trap or slow light.
keepit wrote:
When the heated co2 reemits ir,

It doesn't. CO2 emits light according to the Stefan-Boltzmann law, just as the surface does.
keepit wrote:
it emits in all directions including back toward earth. It all adds up to slowing.

You cannot heat a warmer surface using a colder gas. You cannot reduce entropy for any reason. You cannot suspend the 2nd law of thermodynamics for even a moment. There is no sequence.

keepit wrote:
The sun is delivering energy faster than the earth is releasing it. It's simple.

You cannot trap light.
You cannot trap thermal energy. There is always heat.
You cannot reduce entropy.

The Parrot Killer

29-11-2021 19:10
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:
IBDM wrote There is no "angle" component. See above.
The energy from the sun is not always direct.Most of it is coming at an angle most of the time.It radiates out straight up.

Angle of incidence is not a factor in either absorption nor emission. You are trying to modify the Stefan-Boltzmann law again.
duncan61 wrote:
IBDM wrote All substances radiate IR, whether "heated" or not and no substances "re-emit" anything. Whatever a substance emits thermally is governed by Stefan-Boltzmann, not by what it absorbed. You should take a physics class.

IBD is correct.
duncan61 wrote:
This is a good explanation to prove the reality that the atmosphere takes time to warm and cool because of the IR.You can nit pick the wording but the reality is without an atmosphere the temperature would be vastly different.

The presence or absence of an atmosphere does NOT change the average temperature of any planet. An atmosphere is NOT energy. You cannot create energy out of nothing. No gas or vapor has the capability to create energy out of nothing.
duncan61 wrote:
I have no issue with some recorded places on Earth showing a slight warming with or without homogenising the crap out of it to suit the agenda but the alarmists have miscalculated and attributed this warming 100% to manmade CO2 which is where it all falls down.CDN gives a graph of recorded temperatures from spots with 100 year gap and they are near Identical.Ontario has shown no increase at all.The stations all along the Alps at 3000 ft have shown no increase and this is through 3 nations.Donny brook West Australia was presented and there has been no increase.The places are picked where there has been continues recording at the same place.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
duncan61 wrote:
IBDM wrote Doesn't heat flow in all directions equally? Answer: Yes, it does.
I am launching all turrets at this one.Too easy

IBD is correct. Thermal energy will heat anything around it that is colder.
duncan61 wrote:
Hot air balloons do not suddenly fall out the sky.

But they do nevertheless heat the atmosphere around it.
duncan61 wrote:
Hot water units feed in the bottom and you draw from the top as hot water rises.

But the bottom nevertheless heats the air around it.
duncan61 wrote:
The unit at my house is a Rheem Stellar storage gas called a 330 Litre even though its capacity is 185 Litres its recovery will allow to draw 330 Litres before the water becomes tepid.Hot water never sinks unless by mechanical action.

But hot water will heat anything else colder than it, regardless of convection.
duncan61 wrote:
I can direct my LPG blow lamp directionaly but eventualy the heat created by burning fuel will rise and continue to do so till equilibrium.

But fuel is that burning lower down will still heat the air around it.
duncan61 wrote:
Damn straddled you.maybe I will get a hit with the next salvo

Denial of the 2nd law of thermodynamics, which defines the concept of heat.

Heat can flow by convection (which you seem to be concentrating on), by conduction (which you are ignoring) and by radiance (which you are ignoring).

The Parrot Killer

29-11-2021 19:11
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:
Are you claiming hot air does not rise.hot water does not rise. Yeast in bread does not rise.my private's do not rise because I abuse alcohol.the moon has little to no atmosphere and conditions are very different.my spidey senses tell me you are beaten Oik

The temperature of the Moon is unknown.
The temperature of Earth is unknown.

No gas or vapor has the capability to create energy out of nothing. No atmosphere, no gas, no vapor, NOTHING.

The Parrot Killer

29-11-2021 23:29
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
ITN wrote ALL of it will radiate back out into space again, sooner or later. The chemical energy is released back into thermal energy or light again. The electricity is converted back into thermal or light again.

Thought it could not be trapped and according to SB it all happens at the speed of light.My new project is to try to work out why you and IBDM seem to be so concerned about denying the terms greenhouse gas and fossil fuel.Why is it so important to not accept that some gasses in the air slow the flow of energy leaving the surface as heat.The shimmering I can see on a hot day is visible energy
Edited on 29-11-2021 23:31
29-11-2021 23:37
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I came to this forum to learn the answers to the AGW/CC.I do not agree to your interpretations of the laws of physics.The real world gets in the way.So everyone on the planet calls it a car but you say no its an automobile and if you do not agree you are a religious fanatic and a moron that denies science.F off
30-11-2021 00:16
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
duncan61 wrote:I came to this forum to learn the answers to the AGW/CC.

No, you came to preach your own faith.

duncan61 wrote:I do not agree to your interpretations of the laws of physics.

There is no such thing as any "interpretation" of science. Science is not subjective. It doesn't matter what anyone has to say on the matter. Science stands on its own.

Maybe you should become scientifically literate and learn to read science. Of course you would have to abandon those crazy denials of inconvenient science that contradict your stupid faith. Of course you would have to abandon stupid preaching. Still, it's totally worth it. You wouldn't be a total moron who is angrily flailing in frustration. You wouldn't need an "enemy" of any competing faith to demonize.

Give learning a chance. You have already exhausted your ignorance and have nothing to show for it.

Start by learning what heat is and what it is not.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
30-11-2021 00:20
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
ITN wrote The temperature of the Moon is unknown.

No gas or vapor has the capability to create energy out of nothing. No atmosphere, no gas, no vapor, NOTHING

What temperature did I say the Moon is.
what temperature did I say the Earth is.

Are you inferring the moons temperature must be the same as Earth because of SB and the gaseous atmosphere on Earth does zip because of physics.

I agree that no gas or vapour can create energy out of nothing but we have a situation where the sun provides an uncontrolled energy source and the Earth has an atmosphere.
Edited on 30-11-2021 00:22
30-11-2021 00:33
(14389)
duncan61 wrote:Why is it so important to not accept that some gasses in the air slow the flow of energy leaving the surface as heat.

Easy. Because there aren't any gases that do so.

Why is it so important to you to believe that some gasses in the air have divine, magickal superpowers to violate physics? What is so important that you are willing to profess to being a total moron?

duncan61 wrote:The shimmering I can see on a hot day is visible energy

The shimmering you see is the changing of wavelengths of the visible light due to the medium changing as a result of convection.

Convection is a form of heat in fluids. Don't you think it's about time you learn what heat is (and is not) before you make another stupid post and waste yet additional bandwidth?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
30-11-2021 02:57
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:Why is it so important to not accept that some gasses in the air slow the flow of energy leaving the surface as heat.

Easy. Because there aren't any gases that do so.

I can think of at least 4. Haven't you studied any of Boltzmann's work? I'm messing with you.
It's what Joules and Thompson researched.
30-11-2021 03:33
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
And Max Planck and Karl Schwaschild but according to IBDM it does not happen
30-11-2021 04:02
(14389)
duncan61 wrote:And Max Planck and Karl Schwaschild

Do you really think that you, of all people, get to speak for dead people?

You take immense pride in remaining a scientifically illiterate moron. You don't even know the difference between heat and a balloon. How hideously embarrassing is that?

duncan61 wrote: ...but according to IBDM it does not happen

Stefan-Boltzmann is not spelled "IBDM".

Why haven't you learned what heat is yet? Are you too stupid to learn? Yes, you are? Oh, well that explains it then. Does your WACKY religion impose a quota on you as to the minimum bandwidth you must waste in the process of preaching what others tell you to believe?

Go learn what heat is, you time-wasting moron. If you are too stupid to learn what heat is, despite having been told dozens of times, perhaps you should find a forum for children where you can play "pretend" all day.

30-11-2021 04:57
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

IBDaBoltzmann is.

The attached image shows that both nitrogen and CO2 retain heat when exposed to a vacuum. I think searching for gasses that become excited doesn't provide the monetary return for search engines.
Just consider above 300 kelvins. MPa is a megapascal which is
1 million pascals = 10 bars = 9.86923 times normal atmospheric pressure. The attached image shows the relationship between pressure and temperature.
An FYI, neon becomes more excited in a vacuum.

This might help to explain things; https://cosmosmagazine.com/science/chemistry/how-noble-gases-give-us-neon-lights/

It's possible that it is noble gasses that get excited when temperature and pressure drop. And there are 6 of them.

p.s., with the attached image, when pressure drops below 10 atmospheres and heat (temperature) is increasing, pressure is meant to increase heat. Below 300 k (kelvins), pressure is creating temperature.

p.s.s., I've tried searching for an Italian research paper but my searches won't find it today. Basically what is returned are common searches of little or no value.
With my being serious, Italian scientists slowed different molecules in a blue medium using the Joules-Thomson throttling process.
Attached image:

Edited on 30-11-2021 05:33
30-11-2021 05:35
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This is what I am talking about.....
I'm not able to upload the image so the link is to it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/w6hzmgq9bndiwozM6

p.s., This is how noble gasses were discovered. Can't Google that type of research.
Edited on 30-11-2021 05:40
30-11-2021 06:18
(14389)
James___ wrote:The attached image shows that both nitrogen and CO2 retain heat when exposed to a vacuum.

Nope. The image does not show that.

Heat cannot be retained, by the way, nor can it be trapped, contained or any other word implying that it can be prevented from flowing.

30-11-2021 09:58
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:
I came to this forum to learn the answers to the AGW/CC.

Apparently not. You came here to chant religious scripture.
duncan61 wrote:
I do not agree to your interpretations of the laws of physics.

Too bad. There is no interpretation of the laws of physics. They are what they are. You just deny them.
duncan61 wrote:
The real world gets in the way.

The laws of physics ARE the real world, dumbass.
duncan61 wrote:
So everyone on the planet calls it a car but you say no its an automobile and if you do not agree you are a religious fanatic and a moron that denies science.F off

False equivalence fallacy. Semantics fallacy. Denial of science.

You can't trap light.
You can't trap heat.
You can't trap thermal energy. There is always heat.
You can't reduce entropy for any reason.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2021 10:04
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:
ITN wrote The temperature of the Moon is unknown.

That is correct.
duncan61 wrote:
No gas or vapor has the capability to create energy out of nothing. No atmosphere, no gas, no vapor, NOTHING

That is also correct.
duncan61 wrote:
What temperature did I say the Moon is.
what temperature did I say the Earth is.

You want to deny what you said now?? I gave you more than a fair shake. You blew it. Making an argument and then trying to deny your own argument is a fallacy, dude.
duncan61 wrote:
Are you inferring the moons temperature must be the same as Earth because of SB and the gaseous atmosphere on Earth does zip because of physics.

No. It is, however, the same distance from the Sun as Earth is, for all intents and purposes. The emissivity of the Moon is unknown. The emissivity of Earth is unknown.
duncan61 wrote:
I agree that no gas or vapour can create energy out of nothing but we have a situation where the sun provides an uncontrolled energy source and the Earth has an atmosphere.

Paradox. This is irrational. You cannot argue both sides of a paradox.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2021 10:11
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:
ITN wrote ALL of it will radiate back out into space again, sooner or later. The chemical energy is released back into thermal energy or light again. The electricity is converted back into thermal or light again.

Correct.
duncan61 wrote:
I thought it could not be trapped and according to SB it all happens at the speed of light.

You cannot trap light. You cannot trap heat. You cannot trap thermal energy. There is always heat.
duncan61 wrote:
My new project is to try to work out why you and IBDM seem to be so concerned about denying the terms greenhouse gas

Because there is no such thing. No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.
duncan61 wrote:
and fossil fuel.

Because there is no such thing. Fossils don't burn.
duncan61 wrote:
Why is it so important to not accept that some gasses in the air slow the flow of energy leaving the surface as heat.

You cannot trap heat. Heat is not energy.
duncan61 wrote:
The shimmering I can see on a hot day is visible energy

Heat is not energy. Not even convective heat. The shimmering you see is caused by convective heat, which occurs in any fluid.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2021 10:15
(21582)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

IBDaBoltzmann is.

The attached image shows that both nitrogen and CO2 retain heat when exposed to a vacuum.
...deleted random babble...

No, it doesn't. It is not possible to trap heat. Heat is not contained in anything or retained by anything.

The Parrot Killer

30-11-2021 20:44
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
itn,
This semantic confusion about the word "heat" has been perpetuated for a while now.
Just for the sake of clarity, speak your mind about the movement of thermal energy and em energy and whether you think either can be slowed by anything.
30-11-2021 22:45
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
itn,
This semantic confusion about the word "heat" has been perpetuated for a while now.
Just for the sake of clarity, speak your mind about the movement of thermal energy and em energy and whether you think either can be slowed by anything.

He can't accept that when a gas molecule collides with something it releases stored/conserved heat content. He doesn't understand that a flow of energy/heat happens because it is emitted.
Edited on 30-11-2021 22:52
01-12-2021 00:13
(14389)
keepit wrote:itn, This semantic confusion about the word "heat" has been perpetuated for a while now.

Stop perpetuating the confusion and learn what heat is.

Weren't we "done" because you don't feel capable of learning what heat is? Don't you think you should just hang it up and move on to a simpler topic that you can grasp, like chewing gum, perhaps?

keepit wrote:Just for the sake of clarity,

This never does any good where you are involved. You insist on errors, misinformation and gibber-babble and you take pride in your refusal/inability to learn/adopt correct terminology. It is totally inappropriate for you to be implying that others need to clarify to you. You are the one who is babbling gibberish.

keepit wrote: speak your mind about the movement of thermal energy and em energy and whether you think either can be slowed by anything.

... because you view Into the Night as a trained seal who performs on command. He has explained all of these concepts many, many times ... as have I. My recommendation is that he tell you sit on a rebar and spin around.

You have been asked several times how you believe light can be slowed. You refuse to answer. How are your misunderstandings to be corrected if you won't answer? Oh, that's right, you don't want your misunderstandings corrected. You are unwavering in your intention to impose your misunderstandings onto others.

My recommendation to Into the Night is that he tell you sit on a rebar and spin around, although I might have mentioned this already.

01-12-2021 01:57
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
lbd,
why don't you discontinue the grade school trash talk? It makes you sound like you're either a child or an adult who never grew up.
01-12-2021 02:38
(14389)
keepit wrote:[deleted desperate attempt to change the topic away from keepit's immense pride in being too stupid to learn]

Have you learned what heat is yet? Have you learned what a balloon is yet?

How do you imagine light being slowed?

Stay focused.

[ M O R O N ]

01-12-2021 04:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:[deleted desperate attempt to change the topic away from keepit's immense pride in being too stupid to learn]

How do you imagine light being slowed?

Hmm, when light is refracted as an example by soil lacking moisture, it is refracted in the brown wavelength. This causes it to interact more with gasses in the Earth's atmosphere.
This is one reason why sheet ice in the Arctic is an issue. When snow and ice refract light, it leaves the Earth's atmosphere more quickly. Yet when the sea ice extent is at its minimum then those cold Arctic waters will absorb light rather than refracting it.
And with top soil, if it lacks moisture then it can become as the desert which we know can be quite hot during the day and then rather cold at night. This is because land with little moisture won't absorb much light. Just call it the H2O Factor. See? I even coined a new name for it.
01-12-2021 11:44
(21582)
keepit wrote:
itn,

There is no semantic confusion. You simply don't know what 'heat' means.
keepit wrote:

No.

The Parrot Killer

01-12-2021 11:45
(21582)
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
itn,

He can't accept that when a gas molecule collides with something it releases stored/conserved heat content. He doesn't understand that a flow of energy/heat happens because it is emitted.

Heat is not 'content'. Heat is not potential energy. It is not 'released' from anywhere.

The Parrot Killer

01-12-2021 11:46
(21582)
keepit wrote:
lbd,
why don't you discontinue the grade school trash talk? It makes you sound like you're either a child or an adult who never grew up.

Hallucination. insult fallacy. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

01-12-2021 13:21
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
IBDM you are not suggesting hot air balloons dont exist are you.That would be weird even by your standards
01-12-2021 16:23
(14389)
duncan61 wrote:IBDM you are not suggesting hot air balloons dont exist are you.

Question marks and basic science are covered grammar school. This is why you should have actually gone to school.

Of which color balloons are you speaking?

02-12-2021 06:30
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
The red ones go up faster
02-12-2021 23:54
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
itn,

Heat is not 'content'. Heat is not potential energy. It is not 'released' from anywhere.

Aw c'mon man. In order to be a flow, it needs a source or point of origin. With your quote;

It is not 'released' from anywhere.

With nuclear fission, the heat/energy released is known by the common expression of E = MC^2. And as we all know, nuclear fission releases heat. Kind of why it's used for generating electricity.
03-12-2021 00:58
(14389)
James___ wrote:Aw c'mon man. In order to be a flow, it needs a source or point of origin.

Nope. Do you confuse the flow of a river with the source of the river? Can you not distinguish between separate and distinct concepts?

James___ wrote: With nuclear fission, the heat/energy released is known by the common expression of E = MC^2.

That is the mass-energy equivalence and it applies to all mass and energy, not merely the energy generated through the conversion of matter via fission.

James___ wrote:And as we all know, nuclear fission releases heat.

No, we don't know that because it doesn't. Learn what heat is.

James___ wrote:Kind of why it's used for generating electricity.

Actually, what is generated is thermal energy, huge quantities of it, and a fraction of that is converted to electrical energy.

03-12-2021 01:17
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:Aw c'mon man. In order to be a flow, it needs a source or point of origin.

Nope. Do you confuse the flow of a river with the source of the river? Can you not distinguish between separate and distinct concepts?

James___ wrote: With nuclear fission, the heat/energy released is known by the common expression of E = MC^2.

That is the mass-energy equivalence and it applies to all mass and energy, not merely the energy generated through the conversion of matter via fission.

Actually, what is generated is thermal energy, huge quantities of it, and a fraction of that is converted to electrical energy.

Have you learned how to butter your bread by yourself yet? Can you even make toast? To quote you;

Learn what heat is

Is that when atoms go to a lower state such as going from n=4 to n=2 or n=3 to n=2 and there's the photons that they release which are a "flow" of energy because the atom is going to a "lower" state?
http://physics.bu.edu/~duffy/semester2/c37_energylevels.html

Just going back to the basics like in Luckenbach, Texas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw2eq3w1HGA
Edited on 03-12-2021 01:20
03-12-2021 20:50
(21582)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Have you learned how to butter your bread by yourself yet? Can you even make toast? To quote you;

Learn what heat is

Is that when atoms go to a lower state such as going from n=4 to n=2 or n=3 to n=2 and there's the photons that they release which are a "flow" of energy because the atom is going to a "lower" state?
http://physics.bu.edu/~duffy/semester2/c37_energylevels.html

Just going back to the basics like in Luckenbach, Texas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw2eq3w1HGA

Not the definition of heat. Try again.

The concept of heat is defined by the 2nd law of thermodynamics, which you are ignoring.

The Parrot Killer

04-12-2021 17:29
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:

The concept of heat is defined by the 2nd law of thermodynamics, which you are ignoring.

I think the real issue is that you do not understand what the 1st law of thermodynamics allows for. An example is that if you were to create a fire to cook the game you caught (like GasGuzzler does) you would be converting matter into plasma.
And it would be the plasma which is heat and cooks your dinner. This is because the wood you would be burning (charcoal which can be of wood origin and again what GasGuzzler might do would radiate heat) would be giving off (emitting) a gas which would be converted into highly ionized particles.
04-12-2021 20:17
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

I think the real issue is that you do not understand what the 1st law of thermodynamics allows for. An example is that if you were to create a fire to cook the game you caught (like GasGuzzler does) you would be converting matter into plasma.
And it would be the plasma which is heat and cooks your dinner. This is because the wood you would be burning (charcoal which can be of wood origin and again what GasGuzzler might do would radiate heat) would be giving off (emitting) a gas which would be converted into highly ionized particles.

Not the definition of heat. Heat is not plasma. Try again.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 04-12-2021 20:18
Page 2 of 4<1234>

Join the debate william happer:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact