Remember me
▼ Content

Will IPCC scientists be dragged in the streets and skinned alive when next little ice age hits?

Will IPCC scientists be dragged in the streets and skinned alive when next little ice age hits?25-02-2019 06:40
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
I guess people will be very angry when global temperature goes down by 1 C and 90% of their crops fail and billions starve to death.
25-02-2019 08:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
I guess people will be very angry when global temperature goes down by 1 C and 90% of their crops fail and billions starve to death.

Considering that seasonal changes cause temperature changes by as 30 deg C or more each year, I don't think 1 deg C is going to make a hill of beans worth of difference. You will still be able to grow your hill of beans.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-02-2019 15:55
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Considering that seasonal changes cause temperature changes by as 30 deg C or more each year, I don't think 1 deg C is going to make a hill of beans worth of difference. You will still be able to grow your hill of beans.

Nope. 1 C change in global temperature is a big deal. Consider this. Medieval warm period was 1 C warmer than today and Vikings settled Greenland which was farmable. Little ice age was 1 C colder than today and most of the world's population died including end of Ming dynasty brought down by rebellion caused by famine and English and American and French revolutions happened caused by rebellion caused by famine. How many kings and emperors were killed in the Little ice age caused by rebellion caused by famine. Quite a lot.
Edited on 25-02-2019 15:58
25-02-2019 19:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Nope. 1 C change in global temperature is a big deal.

No, it isn't. Dailiy temperature swings are greater.
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Consider this. Medieval warm period was 1 C warmer than today and Vikings settled Greenland which was farmable.

Greenland still is farmable. That hasn't changed. What killed the villages off was lack of trade. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. The 'medieval warm period' and the 'little ice age' was a regional weather pattern, over the UK and parts of Europe. That's all.
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Little ice age was 1 C colder than today and most of the world's population died including end of Ming dynasty brought down by rebellion caused by famine and English and American and French revolutions happened caused by rebellion caused by famine.

No, it was famine was caused by war and oppressive governments.
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
How many kings and emperors were killed in the Little ice age caused by rebellion caused by famine. Quite a lot.

None.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate Will IPCC scientists be dragged in the streets and skinned alive when next little ice age hits?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Previous Panics by *Scientists*027-03-2024 20:35
The new President elect of Haagen Dazs, demonstrating an ice cream filled donut017-11-2023 14:07
Scientists say Florida Keys coral reefs are already bleaching as water temperatures hit record highs1429-07-2023 20:14
New Type of Entanglement Lets Scientists 'See' Inside Nuclei7816-06-2023 18:15
Where the 97% consensus among scientists comes from3816-06-2023 11:07
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact