Remember me
▼ Content

Why was climate change not an issue until after the Cold War ended?

Why was climate change not an issue until after the Cold War ended?21-12-2015 19:48
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Even though the heat trapping properties of greenhouse gases was known since the mid 1800s.
Edited on 21-12-2015 19:55
21-12-2015 20:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Even though the heat trapping properties of greenhouse gases was known since the mid 1800s.

There is no such thing as any substance that can "trap" its thermal radiation. No one can have "known" of something that is not true or otherwise does not exist.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-12-2015 20:09
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Because the communists who now paint themselves green thought they had a chance with the direct approach.

The communist tactic is to spread disporder. To destroy the infrastructure of life in order to make the revolution they want possible. This is their wet dream.

The Green agenda fits in easily to this; destroy industry, make everybody poor and then hay presto!
21-12-2015 20:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Tim the plumber wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Because the communists who now paint themselves green thought they had a chance with the direct approach.

The communist tactic is to spread disporder. To destroy the infrastructure of life in order to make the revolution they want possible. This is their wet dream.

The Green agenda fits in easily to this; destroy industry, make everybody poor and then hay presto!

Well put.

Marxism is now the primary driver for Global Warming. Marxism, like Global Warming, appeals to the uneducated, the gullible and the scientifically illiterate. Global Warming is an unmatched tool for redistributing wealth on a global scale. All Marxists are required to be fully-fledged supporters of Global Warming.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-12-2015 20:45
still learning
★★☆☆☆
(244)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Several reasons that I can think of....

The possibility of unwanted climate change being caused by humans has been considered by scientists and has been written about in scholarly publications for some time.
See http://www.skepticalscience.com/origin_of_global_warming.html
Sort of a history here:
https://www.aip.org/history/climate/timeline.htm
Note that the IPCC was established in 1988

Took awhile to get from the discovery of the greenhouse effect and CO2's role to get to the point of actual concern. A little anthropogenic warming is OK, maybe even desirable.

Also, other concerns...World war, economic depression, another world war, a cold war (with the possibility of world nuclear war).....

What else?
21-12-2015 21:02
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
still learning wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Several reasons that I can think of....

The possibility of unwanted climate change being caused by humans has been considered by scientists and has been written about in scholarly publications for some time.
See http://www.skepticalscience.com/origin_of_global_warming.html
Sort of a history here:
https://www.aip.org/history/climate/timeline.htm
Note that the IPCC was established in 1988

Took awhile to get from the discovery of the greenhouse effect and CO2's role to get to the point of actual concern. A little anthropogenic warming is OK, maybe even desirable.

Also, other concerns...World war, economic depression, another world war, a cold war (with the possibility of world nuclear war).....

What else?

The IPCC was established in 1988. By that time, the USSR and the US were on friendly terms and it became apparent the Cold War was ending imminently.
Edited on 21-12-2015 21:02

Join the debate Why was climate change not an issue until after the Cold War ended?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate Change + Pandemic + Gun Rocket War + Economy Money = Divine World Solution028-12-2023 05:09
None Of You Know The Real Intend, Purpose Of Climate Change Issue On The Media704-12-2023 04:02
People Do Not Care About Climate Change Environment If They Still Have Money Economy Issue503-12-2023 18:39
I The Savior Do Have A Perfect Strategy To Help All National Government Solve Their Financial Issue213-11-2023 15:37
war801-11-2023 22:18
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact