▼ Content

Why is Climate-debate.com so messed up?

Page 5 of 6<<<3456>
04-12-2022 17:22
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
James_ wrote:
Nielsenbr56 wrote:
Hi Sealover. Well there are geological tracts that are independent indications of glaciation, so I haven't heard of a theory that there are no sea level or temperature variations, and the use of . In fact, it was the expectation that the next ice age would soon start that had Callendar proposing in his CO2 GW paper to increase CO2 production in order to stabilise the climate - keeping it warm.
Snow falls over Antarctica and is slowly converted to ice. Stable isotopes of oxygen (Oxygen [16, 18] and hydrogen [D/H]) are trapped in the ice in ice cores. The stable isotopes are measured in ice through a mass spectrometer. Measuring changing concentrations of δD and δ18O through time in layers through an ice core provides a detailed record of temperature change, going back hundreds of thousands of years.
Since the same technique matches recent temperatures, the technique is considered accurate and shows that the Earth is mostly an icy planet, with only short periods of warming. I produced a logarithmic response equation, also taking into account NASA's claim that the Earth would be at -18degC if CO2 was essentially zero, and fit it through Callander's data. Of course, this predicts the IPCC expectations closely (about 1.7degC rise for a doubling of CO2) but doesn't fit the measured data from ice cores (190ppm and 8 degC). Frankly, it's a real stretch to think you can link GW to a single atmospheric component, but it makes for good money-making opportunities (I made $350k out of it via government grant! Those troll's tax dollars at work - thanks, guys!). The equation is: y=3.2563ln(x)-3.0323, where x is the concentration of CO2 in ppm (from 0.01) and y is temperature in degC.

Frankly, it's a real stretch to think you can link GW to a single atmospheric component, but it makes for good money-making opportunities (I made $350k out of it via government grant! Those troll's tax dollars at work - thanks, guys!).

That viewpoint of yours discredits you as far as science goes. You admit to being a con artist. When sealover said that soil can show climate in the past, it also shows temperature and moisture content of the atmosphere.
When northern Africa's climate changed, this seems to have occurred when the Mediterranean Sea filled. Before 7,500 years ago the Mediterranean Sea would fill and then go dry. This is because there was no Strait of Gibraltar.
The changing climate around the Mediterranean Sea also coincides with the end of the Old Kingdom in Egypt. At that time they had a 100 year long mega-drought.
There is also regional climate variance that goes from the Roman Warm Period through to the current warming. And yet I can say IMO that ozone depletion is what has influenced the current warming. And it is not a stretch to say that. Apparently you don't understand atmospheric chemistry and how that can influence the thermohaline circulation and warmer ocean temperatures.
The link is to my website https://climate-cycling.com/
What most people don't understand was that in the IPCC's 2001 report on climate change they stated that the warming between 1920 and 1945 was regional climate variance which was correct. They also said that warming after 1978 was global warming and explained why the 2 warming periods were different.
Then in their 2013 report they said that the warming that started in 1920 never stopped when it did between 1945 and 1978. And with ozone depletion I say UV radiation heats the oceans and that is why ozone depletion could raise ocean temperatures globally.
Also gasses like CO2 and other emissions raise the amount of kinetic energy in the Earth's atmosphere. KE = heat as in KE = 3/2kT where k is the Boltzmann constant and T is the temperature in kelvin. Yep, I just linked climate change to a single atmospheric component, ozone depletion while other things can also influence warming.

Isn't 1978 the same year the switch to satellite temperature measurements? That's also about the same time the ozone hole was declared 'fixed'...
04-12-2022 21:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Nielsenbr56 wrote:
Well it seems there is some interest in proper scientific debate,

There is no such thing as 'scientific debate'. Science is not debate. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. You are still ignoring one of them: The 1st law of thermodynamics.
Nielsenbr56 wrote:
so I think it's feasible to set up a site to provide that.

So you want to set up a site where you get to talk to yourself. What fun(?).
Nielsenbr56 wrote:
To eliminate the trolls that site would require 100 point identification, and use video interviews. It's unlikely any trolls would want to reveal their identity, much less where they live - it's often the anonymity that allows them free rein.

Oooooh. One with paranoia in spades!

Sealover isn't anonymous. A fair number of people know exactly who he is. He told everyone here.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-12-2022 21:59
(21588)
Nielsenbr56 wrote:
The problem is you don't find any answer acceptable to fit your world view, so discussion is useless with you. It's just like flat earthers - or religious people - despite overwhelming evidence, they do not accept rational explanations or measurements. Understand this is your problem, no-one can fix it for you, partly due to the above and partly we don't give a damn that you don't understand - you're just insignificant. WE'RE NOT HERE TO TEACH/CONVINCE YOU OF ANYTHING! Clear enough?

Insult fallacies. No argument presented.

I understand you very well. I've dealt with you religious nuts for a very long time now. You blame everyone else for YOUR problem. You pull random numbers out of the air and call it 'measurements'. You push your religion including all of it's paradoxes and call it 'rational explanation'. You condemn all non-believers of your religion, considering your own religion The Proof (fundamentalism).

I understand your religious fundamentalism very well. I understand the laws of physics you continue to ignore, discard, and deny. I understand the mathematics you continue to ignore, discard, and deny.

You are hear to teach, but you ARE here to try to convince. You are preaching, not teaching.

You are repetitious (a fallacy in it's own right). You try to impress people with larger and larger truckloads of buzzwords. You impress nobody but yourself. Your own arrogance is your own worst enemy. You are a fundamentalist...a nothing.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 04-12-2022 22:06
05-12-2022 02:47
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Isn't 1978 the same year the switch to satellite temperature measurements? That's also about the same time the ozone hole was declared 'fixed'...

And yet glaciers melting has been documented which supports warming. The ozone layer will be depleted until about the middle of the century. It did start recovering around 2000 - 2010.
I think heatwaves in France and Spain over the last few years shows the Gulf Stream is giving up heat IMO. When the Gulf Stream cools then the arctic will probably starting cooling as well. Then the North Atlantic will be heading towards another cool period which the Little Ice Age was a part of a cool period.
05-12-2022 05:36
(21588)
James_ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

And yet glaciers melting has been documented

Where?
James_ wrote:
which supports warming.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
James_ wrote:
The ozone layer will be depleted

The ozone layer is not depleted. It never was.
James_ wrote:
until about the middle of the century. It did start recovering around 2000 - 2010.

Recovering from what?
James_ wrote:
I think heatwaves in France and Spain over the last few years shows the Gulf Stream is giving up heat IMO.

The Gulf Stream is not located near France or Spain.
James_ wrote:
When the Gulf Stream cools then the arctic will probably starting cooling as well.

The Gulf Stream is not located in the Arctic.
James_ wrote:
Then the North Atlantic will be heading towards another cool period which the Little Ice Age was a part of a cool period.

The Gulf Stream is not located near the UK.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 05-12-2022 05:37
05-12-2022 07:16
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
With so many hard inquiries into my credit, I figured one more wouldn't hurt. I applied for Into the Night's "One Universe" card. Did anyone know he has a credit card?

Anyway, this card markets the security angle. After establishing my normal spending routines, anytime the card is used, the activity is compared against an exhaustive fallacy database and dishonest arguments are shut down immediately. I cannot be held liable for any bogus positions that are assigned to me.

Security monitoring watches for any circular arguments, which are themselves not a problem, but any attempts to prove those purchases were made are also shut down immediately.

Additionally, any merchants who claim to know that I made purchases in the distant, unobserved past will be required to provide evidence that they were there, otherwise those charges are summarily dismissed. If the activity remains undefined, they cannot be included on the bill.

There are other benefits, but the documentation is long because none of it is merely referenced in any holy links.

Attached image:

05-12-2022 07:21
(14389)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:When the Gulf Stream cools then the arctic will probably starting cooling as well.

What James__ is saying is that the Arctic and the Gulf Stream are entangled. That's why the Arctic is full of ice qubits.
05-12-2022 15:53
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:When the Gulf Stream cools then the arctic will probably starting cooling as well.

What James__ is saying is that the Arctic and the Gulf Stream are entangled. That's why the Arctic is full of ice qubits.

That's kind of like my science experiment, it might show where the Van Allen radiation belts and the Earth's atmosphere are entangled. The problem is when scientists say;
It turns out that roughly 68% of the universe is dark energy. Dark matter makes up about 27%. The rest - everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of our instruments, all normal matter - adds up to less than 5% of the universe.
https://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/what-is-dark-energy

Would you believe scientists do not know how to find dark matter/energy when the universe is composed of it? What are they saying? That they don't know where the universe is?

Edited on 05-12-2022 16:02
05-12-2022 16:01
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
Into the Night wrote:

The Gulf Stream actually flows past (going north) England and then has a gyre that flows south of England into the North Sea.
Although when the Meridional Overturning Circulation moves further south, less warm water from the Gulf Stream and the air it warms will flow into the arctic.
This is an example of thermodynamics. And with the thermohaline circulation, when cold water on the sea floor rises it allows cooling waters to sink. This is a physical entanglement because where warm water from the seafloor is rising it is creating a flow along the seafloor. Basically speaking the thermohaline circulation is a heat engine.
This is where it can be asked if deep sea faults help to warm it so warm water will rise. This could be something like El Nino.
https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/el-nino
05-12-2022 16:36
(14389)
James_ wrote: That's kind of like my science experiment, it might show where the Van Allen radiation belts and the Earth's atmosphere are entangled.

Which experiment are you performing? I hope this isn't being done at the expense of your Bessler wheel. You still have a rotation to achieve.

James_ wrote: Would you believe scientists do not know how to find dark matter/energy when the universe is composed of it?

If my project works out, I'll patent a new automotive wrapping material that is 62% dark matter and 38% carbon fiber. The material has a unique solid-ephemeral quality. I'll be able to have a life.

James_ wrote:What are they saying? That they don't know where the universe is?

I think what they are saying is that they don't know where the Van Allen belt ends and the entanglement begins.
05-12-2022 18:55
(14389)
Has Nielsenbr56 fled again? To date, he hasn't posted any science and it doesn't appear that he ever intends to, probably because he doesn't know any ... and he isn't very proficient in the posting department either.

Has anyone asked Nielsenbr56 if he'd like some instruction on either science or posting? He might be making a "cry for help." Let's help him out if he happens to wander by.
05-12-2022 20:48
(21588)
IBdaMann wrote:
With so many hard inquiries into my credit, I figured one more wouldn't hurt. I applied for Into the Night's "One Universe" card. Did anyone know he has a credit card?

Anyway, this card markets the security angle. After establishing my normal spending routines, anytime the card is used, the activity is compared against an exhaustive fallacy database and dishonest arguments are shut down immediately. I cannot be held liable for any bogus positions that are assigned to me.

Security monitoring watches for any circular arguments, which are themselves not a problem, but any attempts to prove those purchases were made are also shut down immediately.

Additionally, any merchants who claim to know that I made purchases in the distant, unobserved past will be required to provide evidence that they were there, otherwise those charges are summarily dismissed. If the activity remains undefined, they cannot be included on the bill.

There are other benefits, but the documentation is long because none of it is merely referenced in any holy links.

The Parrot Killer

05-12-2022 20:49
(21588)
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

That's kind of like my science experiment, it might show where the Van Allen radiation belts and the Earth's atmosphere are entangled. The problem is when scientists say;
It turns out that roughly 68% of the universe is dark energy. Dark matter makes up about 27%. The rest - everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of our instruments, all normal matter - adds up to less than 5% of the universe.
https://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/what-is-dark-energy

Would you believe scientists do not know how to find dark matter/energy when the universe is composed of it? What are they saying? That they don't know where the universe is?

The Van Allen belts are not in the atmosphere.

The Parrot Killer

05-12-2022 20:52
(21588)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

The Gulf Stream actually flows past (going north) England and then has a gyre that flows south of England into the North Sea.

The Gulf Stream does not glow anywhere near England.
James_ wrote:
Although when the Meridional Overturning Circulation moves further south, less warm water from the Gulf Stream and the air it warms will flow into the arctic.

The Gulf Stream does not flow anywhere near the arctic.
James_ wrote:
This is an example of thermodynamics.

No, this is an example of your illiteracy in geography.
James_ wrote:
And with the thermohaline circulation, when cold water on the sea floor rises it allows cooling waters to sink. This is a physical entanglement because where warm water from the seafloor is rising it is creating a flow along the seafloor. Basically speaking the thermohaline circulation is a heat engine.
This is where it can be asked if deep sea faults help to warm it so warm water will rise. This could be something like El Nino.

So the Sun doesn't warm ocean water, eh?

The Parrot Killer

06-12-2022 00:01
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:
And with the thermohaline circulation, when cold water on the sea floor rises it allows cooling waters to sink. This is a physical entanglement because where warm water from the seafloor is rising it is creating a flow along the seafloor. Basically speaking the thermohaline circulation is a heat engine.

You mean you can't sea (pun intended except for ITN) red (heat)?

El Nino can warm the ocean just as the Sun can. Its periodicity suggests a deep sea fault. Think Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, USA.
06-12-2022 00:05
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
IBdaMann wrote:

James_ wrote: Would you believe scientists do not know how to find dark matter/energy when the universe is composed of it?

If my project works out, I'll patent a new automotive wrapping material that is 62% dark matter and 38% carbon fiber. The material has a unique solid-ephemeral quality. I'll be able to have a life.

You're getting ahead of things. FTL (fatser than light) travel will require reproducing an effect that mimics dark matter. As Bruce Lee said, Be water my friend. He understood this in the 1960's when Start Trek first aired.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJMwBwFj5nQ&t=1s
06-12-2022 00:37
(21588)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

You mean you can't sea (pun intended except for ITN) red (heat)?

El Nino can warm the ocean just as the Sun can.

El Nino is not an energy source. It can't warm the ocean. El Nino is caused by a current.
James_ wrote:
Its periodicity suggests a deep sea fault.

Nope. El Nino is not warming of the ocean.
James_ wrote:
Think Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, USA.

Yellowstone National Park isn't in any sea.

The Parrot Killer

06-12-2022 01:42
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
Into the Night wrote:

El Nino is not an energy source. It can't warm the ocean. El Nino is caused by a current.
James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

Yellowstone National Park isn't in any sea.[/quote]

Are you saying that a 2 year old kid doesn't have any energy? And now you're saying that the sea of magma beneath Yellowstone is not a sea? Can you define a sea and what constitutes a liquid? Hmm?
To be technical, a sea is a body of liquid. A liquid is the form matter takes between when it is a solid (like your head, quite dense I hear) and a gas.
I know, it's a bay like the Hudson Bay that the Labrador Current cools and where white whales migrated to when the waters adjacent to southern Greenland warmed suddenly in 1920.
You got me Sheriff RoyBoy.
Edited on 06-12-2022 01:44
06-12-2022 02:32
(21588)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

Are you saying that a 2 year old kid doesn't have any energy? And now you're saying that the sea of magma beneath Yellowstone is not a sea? Can you define a sea and what constitutes a liquid? Hmm?
To be technical, a sea is a body of liquid. A liquid is the form matter takes between when it is a solid (like your head, quite dense I hear) and a gas.
I know, it's a bay like the Hudson Bay that the Labrador Current cools and where white whales migrated to when the waters adjacent to southern Greenland warmed suddenly in 1920.
You got me Sheriff RoyBoy.[/quote]
They didn't.

Semantics fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

06-12-2022 03:15
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

They didn't.

Semantics fallacies.

OMG, you're using a double plural on me. This really sucks that I have to go easy on you. I mean why does warm water from, it's not Australia or the Philippines but is from Oceania.
From that region what can increase warming in the Pacific Ocean? It's not Tecumseh or the Duwamish River. Not the Plchuck either. This influences the northern current of the Pacific into the Salish Sea.
So really, what are we talking about? And please don't say the Maori. We're not talking New Zealand, okay?

p.s., Tecumseh was merely a warrior and not a chief like Chief Wahunsenacawh. He was also known as Chief Powhatan but that might've been an English thing.
Edited on 06-12-2022 03:18
08-12-2022 05:39
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

They didn't.

Semantics fallacies.

OMG, you're using a double plural on me. This really sucks that I have to go easy on you. I mean why does warm water from, it's not Australia or the Philippines but is from Oceania.
From that region what can increase warming in the Pacific Ocean? It's not Tecumseh or the Duwamish River. Not the Plchuck either. This influences the northern current of the Pacific into the Salish Sea.
So really, what are we talking about? And please don't say the Maori. We're not talking New Zealand, okay?

p.s., Tecumseh was merely a warrior and not a chief like Chief Wahunsenacawh. He was also known as Chief Powhatan but that might've been an English thing.

This really sucks. El Nino appears to be caused by geographic events. An example of this is when Tecumseh said the Earth would shake and buildings would fall in 1812, that did happen.
If you know history then you know/are aware of the mistake that Tecumseh made.
At the same time, El Nino might have the same cause and effect. History is strange that way.
08-12-2022 06:34
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
You guys don't know that Tecumseh trusted his brother who betrayed him?
This is why Native Americans did not gather en mass to fight the white devil.
After the Revolutionary War, this is the war that never happened. Why there
is the America of today. The battles fought and those that never happened.

If you know what this is about then you know what shaped America. Without
a conscience, America is nothing.
Edited on 08-12-2022 06:39
08-12-2022 15:22
(14389)
James_ wrote:If you know what this is about then you know what shaped America.

Everything shaped America.

James_ wrote:Without a conscience, America is nothing.

The United States of America is not a person. It is a country. Speaking of America as having a conscience is speaking metaphorically.
10-12-2022 04:43
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
IBdaMann wrote:
James_ wrote:If you know what this is about then you know what shaped America.

Everything shaped America.

James_ wrote:Without a conscience, America is nothing.

The United States of America is not a person. It is a country. Speaking of America as having a conscience is speaking metaphorically.

God, I never could have said it better myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNzRzZhR2Y
RE: Who drives away the most members and viewers?08-03-2023 21:42
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
trafn wrote:
This website is currently overrun by trolls like IBdaMann, his second rate side-kick Into the Night, and their retarded servant Tim the plumber who are only doing what the administration of this website allows them to do.

If the administration of this website truly wanted to have a place where people can rationally discuss climate change science in an adult-like fashion, they would do the following:

1. Have global website guidelines like the ones in Sharing Ideas, and then enforce them with a three-strikes-and-you're-out (banned) policy.

2. Delete every single thread that currently exists on this website, as the vast majority of content currently on Climate-debate.com is overwhelmingly garbage that just drives potential, new members away because it's such a bunch of shit.

3. After deleting everything, invite everyone - including our current trolls - back to start over, and immediately ban anyone who violates the three-strikes-and-you're-out policy.

I would strongly advocate that the administration take this approach immediately, unless of course it's goal to have a troll-based website.

If you agree, please PM branner immediately and say so!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who drives away the most members and viewers?

Spoiler alert: If you follow trafn's suggestion and contact Branner, you will be disappointed.

Branner doesn't give a fart what people do here.

It's just about impossible to get banned.

Even Elon Musk draws the line at doxxing.

Not Branner.

Trafn identifies the dominant troll and his second rate sidekick as the main impediments to rational discussion.

I guess this has been going on for years and years now.

But, who really drives away the most members and viewers.

Yes, if a new member is naive enough to go ahead and post something, they will find the dynamic duo instantly all over them, doing their thing.

This drives them away. They almost never stick around for more.

But most new members never even post one time.

They go so far as to sign up as members, with the only benefit being the ability to post.

Perhaps they opened up some of the threads and read some of what the ugly trolls were saying before they realized this website is a waste of time.

I suspect a lot of them never get that far.

I suspect that they just read the TITLES of the threads and realize that this website caters to the most shameless and disgusting trolls.

"Biden trannie fag is a lowlife luggage thief"

So, the new member sees that this thread doesn't involve much discussion about climate change. Looks more like it just intends to be inflammatory.

"Dumb Mexican woman (redundant) falls in love.."

That thread title doesn't promise any climate discussion. Looks more like it just intends to be inflammatory.

Terms such as "fag" and "chink" show up in so many thread titles, the new viewer may not bother going far enough down the list to see if there are any that offer discussion of climate change.

So, you have your dominant troll and his second rate sidekick making the discussion itself ugly and pointless.

And you have Snarky with the ugly thread TITLES and the clever one liners such as "take your pills". Tee hee.

Most people who visit the website because Internet search engines identify it as a climate change discussion site don't bother signing up as members.

Most people who sign up as members don't bother posting anything even once.

Most new members who do post anything rarely do so more than twice.

So, the dominant troll, his second rate sidekick, and Snarky pretty much have the website to themselves as their personal playground.

Where nobody else wants to play.
09-03-2023 15:30
(14389)
Squeal Over Furniture wrote:Who drives away the most members and viewers?

Who says they are driven away?

Im a BM wrote: If you follow trafn's suggestion and contact Branner, you will be disappointed. It's just about impossible to get banned.

Too funny. You cite someone who was banned! Good job.

Squeal Over Furniture wrote:Even Elon Musk draws the line at doxxing.

So why don't you? You doxxed yourself. Fornia-Cali's own Robup Northert.

Squeal Over Furniture wrote:Trafn identifies the dominant troll and his second rate sidekick as the main impediments to rational discussion.

Too funny. You keep referring to me but cite exclusively Swan's efforts. I don't think Swan would appreciate you giving me credit for his work.

Squeal Over Furniture wrote:Yes, if a new member is naive enough to go ahead and post something, they will find the dynamic duo instantly all over them, doing their thing.

What is that "thing"?

Is it asking them to define their terms? Yes, that's it? So ... ?

Squeal Over Furniture wrote:This drives them away.

YOU'RE STILL HERE!

Squeal Over Furniture wrote:But most new members never even post one time.

After poking around a bit, they find that it isn't quite the porn site they had thought it would be.

Squeal Over Furniture wrote:They go so far as to sign up as members, with the only benefit being the ability to post.

We all have a few of those. Some more than others.

So, have you scored any good hexavalent chromium lately?
09-03-2023 20:45
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Im a BM wrote:
trafn wrote:
This website is currently overrun by trolls like IBdaMann, his second rate side-kick Into the Night, and their retarded servant Tim the plumber who are only doing what the administration of this website allows them to do.

If the administration of this website truly wanted to have a place where people can rationally discuss climate change science in an adult-like fashion, they would do the following:

1. Have global website guidelines like the ones in Sharing Ideas, and then enforce them with a three-strikes-and-you're-out (banned) policy.

2. Delete every single thread that currently exists on this website, as the vast majority of content currently on Climate-debate.com is overwhelmingly garbage that just drives potential, new members away because it's such a bunch of shit.

3. After deleting everything, invite everyone - including our current trolls - back to start over, and immediately ban anyone who violates the three-strikes-and-you're-out policy.

I would strongly advocate that the administration take this approach immediately, unless of course it's goal to have a troll-based website.

Spoiler alert: If you follow trafn's suggestion and contact Branner, you will be disappointed.

Not Branner.

Trafn identifies the dominant troll and his second rate sidekick as the main impediments to rational discussion.

Yes, if a new member is naive enough to go ahead and post something, they will find the dynamic duo instantly all over them, doing their thing.

They go so far as to sign up as members, with the only benefit being the ability to post.

Perhaps they opened up some of the threads and read some of what the ugly trolls were saying before they realized this website is a waste of time.

I suspect that they just read the TITLES of the threads and realize that this website caters to the most shameless and disgusting trolls.

So, the new member sees that this thread doesn't involve much discussion about climate change. Looks more like it just intends to be inflammatory.

That thread title doesn't promise any climate discussion. Looks more like it just intends to be inflammatory.

Terms such as "fag" and "chink" show up in so many thread titles, the new viewer may not bother going far enough down the list to see if there are any that offer discussion of climate change.

So, you have your dominant troll and his second rate sidekick making the discussion itself ugly and pointless.

And you have Snarky with the ugly thread TITLES and the clever one liners such as "take your pills". Tee hee.

Most people who visit the website because Internet search engines identify it as a climate change discussion site don't bother signing up as members.

So, the dominant troll, his second rate sidekick, and Snarky pretty much have the website to themselves as their personal playground.

You should be aware by now, that there are more than just one way to view an issue. Just as there are usually multiple solutions as well. There are literally thousands of Climate-Change sites. Certainly you should be able to find one or two, that is a better fit for your 'beliefs'. No one here is perfect, or usually claims to be. I don't consider arguing, simply for the sake of recreation, is constructive. But, that's just me, and that's just how philosophy works. The emotionally retarded 'Apple-man', posts a lot of garbage posts. Starve for attention... Figure something traumatic happened when he was 9, or 10 years old. His gender-confusion, and obsession with sexual-disorientation, probably has some role. Maybe he learned the hard way, that the perv in the park, didn't have a pocket full of candy to offer, but at least he showed some attention, and probably something else...

As dysfunctional as this site is, it still works, relatively clean, minimal moderation/censorship. I've been to several poorly moderate sites, that are a disgusting mess, a little criminal as well.
10-03-2023 17:52
(14389)
HarveyH55 wrote:As dysfunctional as this site is, it still works, relatively clean, minimal moderation/censorship. I've been to several poorly moderate sites, that are a disgusting mess, a little criminal as well.

Exactly. Differing views are allowed to be expressed here as opposed to differing views being banned in the forcing of a collective mindset.

Squeal Over Furniture wants to force a collective mindset that centers on his greatness, his accomplishments in the area of hexavalent chromium, his glory days with the gamma-spec, his proper wearing of the Alkalinity Man superhero costume, the promise of a Squeal Over library, his prowess testifying in court and his divine revelations surrounding mangroves. To achieve this, he apparently needs breakout rooms and to have Into the Night and me banned.

However, it's the freedom of expression that keeps him here, despite his constant whining and complaining and sniveling and bitching and moaning and crying like a baby. You and I both know that if he were ever successful in quashing the independent thinking that earmarks this site, he will immediately leave and repeat the entire process at the next site he finds where everyone has freedom of thought. I bet he already has plans for how he will dox himself the next time around.
RE: Where ALMOST nobody else wants to play11-03-2023 11:26
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
The first post below was put up on January 11, 2015

Perhaps it was misleading to imply that only three members have this website as a personal playground where nobody else wants to play.

It is where ALMOST nobody else wants to play.

About ten members total like to play here.

Out of 1648.

Which includes a NEW MEMBER TODAY.

Making them the 66th to join after I did, a year ago.

Very unlikely they will want to play here, either.

As the final post below shows, there are those who DO like it here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HarveyH55 wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
trafn wrote:

Not Branner.

You should be aware by now, that there are more than just one way to view an issue. Just as there are usually multiple solutions as well. There are literally thousands of Climate-Change sites. Certainly you should be able to find one or two, that is a better fit for your 'beliefs'. No one here is perfect, or usually claims to be. I don't consider arguing, simply for the sake of recreation, is constructive. But, that's just me, and that's just how philosophy works. The emotionally retarded 'Apple-man', posts a lot of garbage posts. Starve for attention... Figure something traumatic happened when he was 9, or 10 years old. His gender-confusion, and obsession with sexual-disorientation, probably has some role. Maybe he learned the hard way, that the perv in the park, didn't have a pocket full of candy to offer, but at least he showed some attention, and probably something else...

As dysfunctional as this site is, it still works, relatively clean, minimal moderation/censorship. I've been to several poorly moderate sites, that are a disgusting mess, a little criminal as well.
14-03-2023 06:57
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
Im a BM wrote:
The first post below was put up on January 11, 2015

Perhaps it was misleading to imply that only three members have this website as a personal playground where nobody else wants to play.

It is where ALMOST nobody else wants to play.

About ten members total like to play here.

Out of 1648.

Please don't flatter these guys. They found the "on" button......
18-06-2023 10:10
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
trafn wrote:

18-06-2023 10:11
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
trafn wrote:
@Jakob and Totototo - we get what we allow.

If you like interacting with trolls like IBdamann, Into the Night, and Tim the plumber, then Climate-debate.com is the place to do it.

If you see the possibility of this website becoming a premier, troll-free meeting place for people to discuss climate change science in an adult-like fashion, then please support this initiative.

If branner prefers to leave this website as the troll shit-fest that it currently is, that's his decision and his alone to make. If he does, I'll just go elsewhere.
18-06-2023 10:12
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
trafn wrote:
@Totototo - you wrote It's ones own decision to give importance to these "trolls" as you call them.

A troll, by definition, is someone who is purposely trying to interrupt meaningful discussion. Having taught at the high school level, the graduate degree level, the post-graduate degree level, as well as the State medical re-licensure level, I feel both qualified and eperienced to identify a troll when I see one. IBdaMann, Into the Night, and Tim the plumber are trolls.

On well moderated websites, their presence is minimal and of little impact.

On this mostly un-moderated website, they dominate the conversation and drive away new members.

If you value having meaningful discussions with many people, instead of obstructed posts with a few trolls, then please support this initiative.
18-06-2023 10:12
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
trafn wrote:
@Jakob - have you ever wondered why a great website like this is dead? On an average day, less than 12 people participate here. If this is your first time to a website like this, you may not realize yet that it's because trolls dominate it.

There could be hundreds of people posting here each day if branner wanted it to be that kind of website. So far, his actions tell me that he likes having the trolls here.
18-06-2023 10:14
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
trafn wrote:
@Jakob - as you interact with the trolls here - IBdaMann, Into the Night, and Tim the plumber - you may want to periodically re-read their profiles posts in the Who is who on Climate-debate.com thread:

IBdaMann's profile

Into the Night's profile

Tim the plumber's profile

That way it will be easier for you to know when they are posting bullshit.
18-06-2023 10:15
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
trafn wrote:
@Jakob - you wrote Trollanswers not wanted.

I tried that a long time ago, and it didn't work. Trolls like IBdaMann, Into the Night and Tim the plumber do not respect any boundaries. They only respect their self-perceived right to harass and insult others.

Look at what they did with the SI sub-forum. It was just one of many sub-forums here, yet they did everything they could to destroy it because it prevented them from being ****s EVERYWHERE on this site.

No, they see even the tiniest troll-free space as a threat to their ability to be bullies, and they always will.
18-06-2023 10:16
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
Ceist wrote:
It's not difficult to do a search on the internet for posts on a number of public forums by both Into the Night and IbDaMann. It appears they've both been posting their scientifically uneducated personal opinions that even the natural 'greenhouse' effect can't possibly exist, for quite a few years now. The same thing over and over and over and over and over again, ad nauseum.

As it's the equivalent of claiming the earth is flat or gravity doesn't exist, or the earth is only 6000 years old, they must be very used to being ridiculed and mocked after so many people have patiently tried to explain basic textbook physics to them both over and over and over again, provided links to valid science sources, textbooks, videos, lectures and even children's educational websites which dumb it down so even a 3rd grader can understand it, that they get frustrated and just tell them to 'read a goddamned science textbook you moron'. To which they probably replied that all the textbooks are wrong, scientists are all stupid religious freaks, and they are right.

Over the years, their 'skin' must have become so thick that it's become like a Teflon-coated science-denying shield, impervious not only to science, facts, evidence, and logic, but to insults as well. Any science, facts, evidence, and logic thrown at them, just hit the shield with a splat and slide off

Instead of a 'flat earther' or 'young earther', posters like Into The Night and IBdaMann now have their own label on internet blogs and forums: "Sky Dragon Slayer".

I understand why they would want an open public forum to proclaim their er... 'different' views. They must be so important to them, that they need to disrupt and shut down any rational adult discussion of science so that they can delude themselves into believing they are 'right' and everyone else in the world, including millions of scientists, every science institution, every university, all the textbooks, and even the laws of physics themselves, are all 'wrong'.

But, much like an angry child screaming, throwing a tantrum, and wrecking everything they can in a supermarket because they have been asked not to take the sweets from the bottom shelf, other grown-ups get rather irritated and often ask the parent to take their child outside.

Anyone remember seeing this banned Dutch commerical?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDSU6q6eD34
18-06-2023 10:17
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
Ceist wrote:
Like 'flat earthers' and 'young earthers', 'Sky Dragon Slayers' are impervious to science, facts, evidence and logic.

There are some interesting threads on Judith Curry's blog about Sky Dragon Slayers:

http://judithcurry.com/2011/01/31/slaying-a-greenhouse-dragon/

http://judithcurry.com/2011/08/10/greenhouse-dragon-technical-discussion-thread/

http://judithcurry.com/2011/10/15/letter-to-the-dragon-slayers/

Even she is getting really tired of them clogging up her blog with their inanity. Considering she allows all sorts of anti-science scientist-bashing blowhards to post on her blog, that's saying something.
18-06-2023 10:18
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
Ceist wrote:
My hypothesis is that the resident Sky Dragon Slayer IbdaMann can only make baseless assertions, waffle about pseudoscience not found in any of the science literature or textbooks, call people morons and religious freaks, post silly pictures of cartoon characters, children and drooling babies, and not cite any scientific literature or textbooks. I predict he will continue in this pattern.

So far there is no evidence to falsify this hypothesis. To date, IBdaMann himself has provided us with 621 of his posts to support the hypothesis and no evidence to falsify it. I thank him for his contributions.

IBdaMann also helpfully continues to go above and beyond to provide evidence to falsify his own assertion that he is 'citing science' on this forum. I particularly enjoyed the posts where he hoisted himself with his own 'religious' petard.

Providing evidence to falsify an assertion is very useful. I thank him for his efforts in providing so much evidence to falsify his own assertion.
18-06-2023 10:20
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
sealover wrote:
why climate debate is messed up.

This was written some years ago.

It clearly identifies the problem which remains.

But I bet trafn would be happy to see what is happening here now!

Hopefully we will find a way to invite them all back. The many posters who were intimidated by the inexcusable behavior of the trolls.

The very same trolls, year after year.

But not next year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

trafn wrote:

Page 5 of 6<<<3456>

Join the debate Why is Climate-debate.com so messed up?:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact