▼ Content

Why I'm voting for Trump 2020!

Page 3 of 3<123
21-11-2020 03:47
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:...People will always be superior to machines....
I think as we progress you go from a 10 person crew to 1 or 2 people using machines. It's a good thing. It's progress.

You really need to have leadership that understands how things are changing though.

Some moron, like Trump, could look at the above and preach to the people that we gotta save those steel jobs! You just need to hope people like that aren't elected.

First the farmer, now the steel worker? What's wrong with you?

If a company can be profitable using man power instead of machine, what's the problem?

Men and women work (HUGE health and mental benefit), families get fed, families buy stuff, revenue is generated, wealth is generated, and taxes get paid with real money. You got a problem with that?! Comon' maaaaaan!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 21-11-2020 03:47
21-11-2020 04:20
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Don't blame the messenger. If you want someone to lie to you about these things Trump among others will oblige.

There is a "failure to launch" for a sizeable segment of the country. They need honest answers.

When the sewing machine was invented it took 20 minutes to sew a shirt that had taken 4 hours. It's a good thing but but the workers were terrified they'd be out of work.
21-11-2020 05:18
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Don't blame the messenger. If you want someone to lie to you about these things Trump among others will oblige.

There is a "failure to launch" for a sizeable segment of the country. They need honest answers.

When the sewing machine was invented it took 20 minutes to sew a shirt that had taken 4 hours. It's a good thing but but the workers were terrified they'd be out of work.

It would seem to me you are saying that we shouldn't do jobs that machines are capable of. Is that correct?

Not trying to assign a position, just don't know any other way to interpret what you're saying.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
21-11-2020 07:10
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

It would seem to me you are saying that we shouldn't do jobs that machines are capable of. Is that correct?

Not trying to assign a position, just don't know any other way to interpret what you're saying.

What he's trying to say, is that an elite few democrats, will control all the wealth and resources. The masses of humans, will survive on scraps and hand outs from the elite, if they behave. Unfortunately, Utopia can't support a huge population, so aborting children, won't be enough killing. Euthanasia of the old, the feeble, the basement-dwellers. Capital punishment for any sort of crime, or non-compliance, sometime just for entertainment or politics.

Machines reduce or eliminate physical work, not replace workers. Only people unfamiliar with work, think machines run flawlessly, 24/7, for ever and ever. Machines aren't exempt from the laws of physics. They don't heal themselves, or self-repair. But, of course in Utopia, man-made CO2 is going to burn up the planet anyway...
21-11-2020 13:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

You need to consider that one of your"frenemies" cuts boards for a living while the other has worked in a warehouse for the last 27 years. Neither one has any actual farming or manufacturing experience. And it's possible neither one has been on a farm. When people make lists, it's because they're trying to think about what something might entail.
And neither one probably cares how many manufacturing jobs have been lost to the trade deficit. Kind of like gasguzzler said, life is good for him when family homes are being foreclosed on. I don't think that's something I'd ever mention in a forum.
How does this sound? Yep, people are losing their homes but it is when my (supposed) remodeling business makes me the most money.
It's about him making money.
21-11-2020 17:13
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James___ wrote:
....And neither one probably cares how many manufacturing jobs have been lost to the trade deficit. Kind of like gasguzzler said, life is good for him when family homes are being foreclosed on. I don't think that's something I'd ever mention in a forum.
How does this sound? Yep, people are losing their homes but it is when my (supposed) remodeling business makes me the most money.

I see james completely missed the point once again. Try to keep up this time.

My point was that there is no excuse for an able body to sit on his ass and take money from the government.

I have very little education, but have always fended for myself and fed my family. That's right james, it's all about me and my family.

I have made money doing landscaping, finish and frame carpentry, electrical, mechanical work, plumbing, heating and cooling, and even just picking up trash. I never made excuses for myself or asked anyone for a handout. I just went to work.

It hasn't always been easy, some times better than others. The best stretch of income was during the wave of foreclosures. There was a ton of work available, and banks were willing to pay a premium to get it done. The point here being that even though the economy was in the crapper and I had no education to speak of, there was STILL no excuse sit and cry. Find work and go do it.

I'm a huge Dave Ramsey fan so I'll steal a quote from him now.

Get up, leave the cave, go out and kill something, and drag it back home.

21-11-2020 17:49
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
....And neither one probably cares how many manufacturing jobs have been lost to the trade deficit. Kind of like gasguzzler said, life is good for him when family homes are being foreclosed on. I don't think that's something I'd ever mention in a forum.

My point was that there is no excuse for an able body to sit on his ass and take money from the government.

I have very little education, but have always fended for myself and fed my family. That's right james, it's all about me and my family.

I have made money doing landscaping, finish and frame carpentry, electrical, mechanical work, plumbing, heating and cooling, and even just picking up trash. I never made excuses for myself or asked anyone for a handout. I just went to work.

It hasn't always been easy, some times better than others. The best stretch of income was during the wave of foreclosures. There was a ton of work available, and banks were willing to pay a premium to get it done. The point here being that even though the economy was in the crapper and I had no education to speak of, there was STILL no excuse sit and cry. Find work and go do it.

And now you're a doctor?

p.s., if you cared about your family, why didn't you learn a trade so you could be a better provider.
Myself, I was a CNC machinist (a skilled trade) but my service connected disabilities required me to change professions. Do you wish to fault me for being a disabled Veteran that is handicapped?
Not very patriotic if you ask me. But as you said, you are about you and not America.
21-11-2020 18:16
(5197)
I've been like that all my life, any job was a good job, and nothing stopping me from looking for something better. I did farm work, mostly before graduating high school. Most of the jobs I work in Oregon, after that, didn't last more than a few months, barely a year. Part of the reason I moved to Florida, when I had the operatunity. First job lasted about 2 1/2 years, in a plastic factory, injection molding. After a few short term jobs, I got into another plastic factory, in Orlando, made 2-liter beverage containers. For a little over 3 years, the they sold out to some company out of India. The shut it all down, and were going to re-tool. Said it would take about 6 months, but we all would have priority on re-staffing. Didn't buy it, nor could I afford 6 months of no paycheck. Work through a Temp agency for about a year, and got my current job, in a huge warehouse. Not every job has to be a career, or 'adventure', just something to pay the bills, and put food on the table. There has been very few times in my life, where I went more than a week, without some sort of job. Some only lasted a day or two, or a few weeks, and I knew that going in, least it was money in my pocket.

Probably wouldn't help James, since he has no motivation to do work. But for anybody else looking for a job, Temp Agencies are great for helping you find work, and eventually full time jobs. That's how I got almost all of my jobs in Florida. I've always worked hard, done what I could to give good value, for the money I was paid. Apparently, something lacking, in a lot of people in Florida. Mostly, I get bored easy, and standing around waiting, makes for a very long day. I like to keep occupied, so I don't think about the time much. Never understood how people could just show, up, ride out the clock, do the bare minimum.
21-11-2020 20:53
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James___ wrote: And now you're a doctor?

Did I say I was a doctor? Did anyone say I was a doctor?

James___ wrote:p.s.,

p.s. is POST script. It is usually last.

James___ wrote:if you cared about your family,

I do care about my family very much.

James___ wrote:why didn't you learn a trade

I learned several trades. Pay attention please.

James___ wrote:so you could be a better provider.

Then you should have been a computer programmer so you could make great money from a chair without any of my dimes. Sound fair?

James___ wrote:Myself, I was a CNC machinist (a skilled trade)

Cool. I would like to learn that trade someday.

James___ wrote:but my service connected disabilities required me to change professions.

Awe shit. Almost got through it without whining...

James___ wrote:Do you wish to fault me for being a disabled Veteran that is handicapped?

...and crying.

James___ wrote:Not very patriotic if you ask me.

I did not ask you, nor did anyone else.

James___ wrote:But as you said, you are about you and not America.

This is how America SHOULD be....

Every man takes care of himself and his family, and we help our neighbors because we WANT to, not because we are FORCED to.

21-11-2020 20:59
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
HarveyH55 wrote:
...give good value, for the money I was paid.

Bingo! Right on!

So damn sick of people that think they are entitled to a job and a paycheck just for showing up.

...and the minimum wage can go to hell. I actually believe wages would go up if it were eliminated.

21-11-2020 21:25
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
@Harvey and gasguzzler, you guys remind me of a coworker I had. He said that because he was from here he didn't need to know English or math.
As for me (I worked in the warehouse), one day during lunch a female co-worker asked her supervisor if I'm so smart, then what am I doing working there? He explained that he was smart.
I think he let people know my preemployment test score (I was accused of acing the test) I think in an attempt to motivate them. What happened is that I was constantly harassed and our employer quit releasing test scores.
After that, whenever I had to take a preemployment test, I would ask them not to reveal it. Fitting in is important at work. And now, if things work out for me, I will be a self made man because I wasn't accepted by the people I work with. This is why over the years I've been learning precalculus, calculus and science. In the Navy, we would call this a command decision.
21-11-2020 21:35
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
The world has changed. Men have great difficulties to find a woman and start a family nowadays. Only those who have the looks and height get woman easily these days, others stay forever alone. Those guys have little motivation to work. They call it wageslaving. Here is a quote from incel board:
imo being a wageslave is a million times worse than being a NEET
I wish I could be a NEET forever tbh

Many of those guys commit a suicide , some of them take others with them going ER. All of the school shootings are made by guys who have trouble with finding a women. They get bullied by others because of their looks and eventually they go and shoot up a place.
Such guys have no real motivation to contribute to society. Only 1 man in 10 is actually attractive to women. There was a time when being a provider was sufficient to get a woman but those days are long gone. Women have their own money now. They do not need a provider anymore. They only want good looking and tall guys. They want the best genetics. If you are under 6 foot tall , then it is over for you . If you are balding then it is over for you. Actually, it never began. Only a couple of millimetres in bone structure in your face decides whether you are attractive or not.
In overall I would like to point out that things have changed. Most men have great difficulties to get a family these days and therefore they are not very motivated to work and contribute to society. The problem only gets worse day by day.
Edited on 21-11-2020 21:37
21-11-2020 23:16
(5197)
James___ wrote:
@Harvey and gasguzzler, you guys remind me of a coworker I had. He said that because he was from here he didn't need to know English or math.
As for me (I worked in the warehouse), one day during lunch a female co-worker asked her supervisor if I'm so smart, then what am I doing working there? He explained that he was smart.
I think he let people know my preemployment test score (I was accused of acing the test) I think in an attempt to motivate them. What happened is that I was constantly harassed and our employer quit releasing test scores.
After that, whenever I had to take a preemployment test, I would ask them not to reveal it. Fitting in is important at work. And now, if things work out for me, I will be a self made man because I wasn't accepted by the people I work with. This is why over the years I've been learning precalculus, calculus and science. In the Navy, we would call this a command decision.

Wouldn't the Navy pay for college, after your discharge? Smart Norwegian like you should have trouble finding some way to earn a dollar or two. Yeah, math and science might help land a decent job, some day... But how does that help pay your bills today? Personally, I don't buy everything you are trying to sell as accurate, or true. Your hearing loss, and your handicap, seem to be two separate issues. The only other medical problem, seem to be from colon cancer. You were able to get jobs after the Navy. But your service related disability, forced you to lay around all day, complaining. I don't see any physiological handicap, that would be progressive like that.

If you are smart, can use a computer, you can learn skills to gain employment. So, where's the problem? Something just doesn't fit your narrative.
22-11-2020 04:14
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Coal is still being mined, ...

Yep....

Few other things are happening too.

The country is fine, they aren't as confused as Trump about the future economy ( or the present economy ).

The Carrier AC situation is a perfect example.

Not a perfect example. Production goes up instead. Coal miners are still there and still mining coal. Certain more dangerous processes are now safer as well.

The CEO was very candid that the workers were still going to be replaced by robots.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-11-2020 04:16
(21596)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:...People will always be superior to machines....
I think as we progress you go from a 10 person crew to 1 or 2 people using machines. It's a good thing. It's progress.

You really need to have leadership that understands how things are changing though.

Some moron, like Trump, could look at the above and preach to the people that we gotta save those steel jobs! You just need to hope people like that aren't elected.

Random numbers. You are making shit up again.

The cost of producing steel has indeed gone down. We produce a hell of a lot more steel too, plus, we USE a lot more steel then before as well. That 10-20 crew has now become an entire industry of steel producers and users.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-11-2020 04:20
(21596)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Don't blame the messenger.

I'll blame the messenger. You continually take stuff out of context. You are ignoring the whole markets created by cheaper products and better production techniques.
tmiddles wrote:
If you want someone to lie to you about these things Trump among others will oblige.

Trump isn't lying. YOU are. Inversion fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:

Ask the Democrats. They are the ones that shut down the economy. Illegally, I might add.
tmiddles wrote:

Again, you completely ignore the huge textile industry made possible by the sewing machine.

The Parrot Killer

22-11-2020 04:23
(21596)
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

He wants to go back to living in caves and drawing on the walls.
He wants to go back to subsistence farming.
He wants to go back to the abacus.
He wants to go back to the digging mines using your hands.

He's a moron.

The Parrot Killer

22-11-2020 04:29
(21596)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

And now you're a doctor?

He never claimed that, bonehead.
James___ wrote:
p.s., if you cared about your family, why didn't you learn a trade so you could be a better provider.

He does. He did. He is.
James___ wrote:
Myself, I was a CNC machinist (a skilled trade) but my service connected disabilities required me to change professions. Do you wish to fault me for being a disabled Veteran that is handicapped?

I don't believe you. You're a whiner. That's what he's faulting you for.
James___ wrote:
Not very patriotic if you ask me.

You are not patriotic. All you do is whine and sponge off the government.
James___ wrote:
But as you said, you are about you and not America.

He IS America. He IS part of what makes up America. He contributes to the economy, and to the government that YOU sponge off of.

The Parrot Killer

22-11-2020 06:31
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
...If you want someone to lie to you about these things Trump among others will oblige..

No if a business finds any means of production practical then they will use it.. Doesnt matter what we say.

What I said is if you want to lie to yourself or have someone like Trump lie to you good luck with that. The Trump fantasy that coal jobs were gone because of democratic environmentalism was just BS.

Similarly most of the noise about foreigners takin our jobs is half baked at best...

Because progress is replacing manual labor. Nothing new. John Henry the steel driving man had a hard time with it too.

HarveyH55 wrote:
...an elite few democrats, will control all the wealth...

You guys think democrats have god like power. Capitalism and a free market are responsible for innovation.

Into the Night wrote:
...We produce a hell of a lot more steel too, plus, ...

OK. And if, despite that, steel jobs are lost, and people are lied to and not told that efficiency is the main reason, then they are even worse off. Having liars in office is a liability.
22-11-2020 08:09
(21596)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

OK. And if, despite that, steel jobs are lost, and people are lied to and not told that efficiency is the main reason, then they are even worse off. Having liars in office is a liability.

Government does not make steel. President Trump does not make steel.

Non-sequitur fallacy. TDS. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

22-11-2020 10:00
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:... Trump does not make steel....
He doesn't make coal either, or demand for coal, or coal mining jobs.

So that's a lying President Fallacy.
22-11-2020 16:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Xadoman wrote:
The world has changed. Men have great difficulties to find a woman and start a family nowadays. Only those who have the looks and height get woman easily these days, others stay forever alone. Those guys have little motivation to work. They call it wageslaving. Here is a quote from incel board:
imo being a wageslave is a million times worse than being a NEET
I wish I could be a NEET forever tbh

Many of those guys commit a suicide , some of them take others with them going ER. All of the school shootings are made by guys who have trouble with finding a women. They get bullied by others because of their looks and eventually they go and shoot up a place.
Such guys have no real motivation to contribute to society. Only 1 man in 10 is actually attractive to women. There was a time when being a provider was sufficient to get a woman but those days are long gone. Women have their own money now. They do not need a provider anymore. They only want good looking and tall guys. They want the best genetics. If you are under 6 foot tall , then it is over for you . If you are balding then it is over for you. Actually, it never began. Only a couple of millimetres in bone structure in your face decides whether you are attractive or not.
In overall I would like to point out that things have changed. Most men have great difficulties to get a family these days and therefore they are not very motivated to work and contribute to society. The problem only gets worse day by day.

I gave this some thought and yes, the world has changed. Today people are exposed to more data than ever before. Whether it's entertainment or other media which keeps the brain stimulated, it changes people.
Also, with the combination of smaller families and a dramatic increase in world population, social dynamics have changed. Today, fewer people know who their neighbors are. And it seems that as a population grows larger, people become less sociable.
In the US, the divorce rate is about 50%. And if it's not an amicable divorce, then it could create more problems than the relationship was ever worth.
Although from personal experience, women are attracted to guys who are enjoying doing something. And that has only to do with going somewhere and doing something. I've met gala going to the horse races with my brother or even going through the drive thru at a fast food restaurant. Of course how to flatter a woman can be tricky because all women aren't the same.

There are some things that work pretty well if a guy can start a conversation with a woman. Let her know how good she has it. I explained this as an example to a female co-worker one day during lunch.
She even had a boyfriend and I let her know that she's lucky to have a guy that thinks about her and even does things for her.
That helps to get her to like you. Then carefully mention a guy should do a little bit more for her. And if you see her smile, that's because she's interested in you. And it does require getting her to talk about herself and then listening.
When I went to the horse races or drive thru, was just having some fun with the situation.
Edited on 22-11-2020 16:20
22-11-2020 18:15
(5197)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
...If you want someone to lie to you about these things Trump among others will oblige..

No if a business finds any means of production practical then they will use it.. Doesnt matter what we say.

What I said is if you want to lie to yourself or have someone like Trump lie to you good luck with that. The Trump fantasy that coal jobs were gone because of democratic environmentalism was just BS.

Similarly most of the noise about foreigners takin our jobs is half baked at best...

Because progress is replacing manual labor. Nothing new. John Henry the steel driving man had a hard time with it too.

HarveyH55 wrote:

You guys think democrats have god like power. Capitalism and a free market are responsible for innovation.

Into the Night wrote:

You spent much of your life hiding in the basement... How is a business going to sell products, if few consumers have an income to purchase them?

I do believe in labor saving machines. And I do believe machines are good at highly repetitive tasks. But, it's unlikely they are going to replace people. There will always be a market for better tools, to increase production, quality, and reduce heath costs (safety). People take up less floor spaces, and way more versatile than a dozen machines. Just because something is possible, doesn't always make it practical, or cost effective.

Mostly though, consumers have jobs, earn money, to purchase goods and services. Where are all these consumers going to earn an income, if most of the jobs are replaced by machines? A government welfare check? And where does the government keep getting they money, to hand out to the basement-dwellers?
22-11-2020 18:45
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

Into the Night wrote:

You spent much of your life hiding in the basement... How is a business going to sell products, if few consumers have an income to purchase them?

I do believe in labor saving machines. And I do believe machines are good at highly repetitive tasks. But, it's unlikely they are going to replace people. There will always be a market for better tools, to increase production, quality, and reduce heath costs (safety). People take up less floor spaces, and way more versatile than a dozen machines. Just because something is possible, doesn't always make it practical, or cost effective.

Mostly though, consumers have jobs, earn money, to purchase goods and services. Where are all these consumers going to earn an income, if most of the jobs are replaced by machines? A government welfare check? And where does the government keep getting they money, to hand out to the basement-dwellers?

Harvey, you literally have no idea what you're talking about. You need to get out of your Florida frame of mind. Are you aware that there's a reason for the loss of jobs while the tonnage of coal hasn't suffered the same decrease?
Trying to educate you about coal mining might be a complete waste of my time.
The top 3 states for producing coal are in order Colorado, Kentucky and Pennsylvania. Both Kentucky and Pennsylvania are more expensive than Colorado to mine.
Kentucky coal actually produces twice as much heat as Colorado coal does. And in Kentucky, mountain top removal is becoming the norm. In Colorado, the seams are much thicker making them easier to mine. Just start at the bottom of the seam and then it's easy to knock down what's higher up.
What could be hurting coal the most might actually be cheap natural gas. This hurts mining in both Kentucky and Pennsylvania. And in Kentucky, they have what's known as anthracite. Yet it can be expensive to mine.
And Harvey, please get high speed internet. With what I just posted, no research necessary. Am familiar with this because of my interest in sustainability and resource management.
22-11-2020 19:04
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Although from personal experience, women are attracted to guys who are enjoying doing something.

Women are attracted to attractive guys. Approximately one guy in ten is attractive to women. They do not care about personality or hobbies, they only care about genetics. That is why many men in prisons have no problems having women. Those guys have often robust bone structure and high testosterone levels. Women love those guys. This is simple biology. The trouble is that in old days being a beta provider was sufficient to have a normal family. Nowadays things have changed and women could earn a lot of money simply talking with men online. Some men are so desperate that they give away money to just talk to them.
This is the reason why young men in Japan suicide a lot. They have no point to live.

Check out the first post of this thread. This is how a woman sees a typical beta provider in her eyes:

https://incels.co/threads/type-of-blackpill-that-would-make-most-normies-suicide-on-the-spot.259579/
Edited on 22-11-2020 19:05
23-11-2020 00:40
(21596)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:... Trump does not make steel....
He doesn't make coal either, or demand for coal, or coal mining jobs.

So that's a lying President Fallacy.

No one said Trump makes coal or demand for coal, liar. Trump never said he made coal or demand for coal either, liar.

The Parrot Killer

23-11-2020 00:44
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:...Where are all these consumers going to earn an income, if most of the jobs are replaced by machines? ...

So first of my point was that lying to people is counter productive. Trump lied to coal miners telling them he would bring their jobs back. He didn't because he couldn't.

The government is not behind a move to innovate production with automation and efficient machines. That's a free market at work.

The government can try to stop that process. There is a call now to put the brakes on AI because it's unregulated. I think that's a good idea.

I'm extremely worried about a future were there aren't enough jobs because it would give the government way too much power over people if a large percentage are receiving government support. It's estimated 80 million jobs will become obsolete for humans in the next 50 years in the US. We went through that before with the mechanization of agriculture but I don't think we want to rush it.

You seem focused on it being unfair 80 million people in the future might be on welfare, I'm worried about how much power that will give the government over people when they need the government for a pay check.

I don't know if there are any good solutions.
23-11-2020 01:14
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:...Where are all these consumers going to earn an income, if most of the jobs are replaced by machines? ...

So first of my point was that lying to people is counter productive. Trump lied to coal miners telling them he would bring their jobs back. He didn't because he couldn't.

The government is not behind a move to innovate production with automation and efficient machines. That's a free market at work.

The government can try to stop that process. There is a call now to put the brakes on AI because it's unregulated. I think that's a good idea.

I'm extremely worried about a future were there aren't enough jobs because it would give the government way too much power over people if a large percentage are receiving government support. It's estimated 80 million jobs will become obsolete for humans in the next 50 years in the US. We went through that before with the mechanization of agriculture but I don't think we want to rush it.

You seem focused on it being unfair 80 million people in the future might be on welfare, I'm worried about how much power that will give the government over people when they need the government for a pay check.

I don't know if there are any good solutions.

It's also possible that we'll become so technologically advanced that having the latest gadget or toy might not be the obsession it is today. If you look at the Apple I-Pod, are those even made any more? Televisions might reach their appeal with consumers unless they come up with a decent 3D concept.
Also it's possible that people could go to a 32 hour work week. Some people work 60 to 70 hours a week. The current pace of life is based on people being mass consumers. It's always possible that people might get burned out from having to live at such a fast pace.
If not, then the movie Independence Day comes to mind where we are the aliens.
Page 3 of 3<123

Join the debate Why I'm voting for Trump 2020!:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
$50,000 Reward For Information Leading to Convictions in Arizona Voting Conspiracy218-02-2024 00:27
Do you think the Supreme Court will ban Trump6431-01-2024 22:27
How many of the unreleased FBI-Swan Interview files does Trump have?416-09-2023 03:05
How many of the unreleased FBI-JFK assassination files does Trump have?4513-09-2023 22:50
The deep state has a choice, destroy Trump, or help him get reelected113-09-2023 01:14
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact