Remember me
▼ Content

why don't they get rid of Earth's tilt and get rid of hot summers and cold winters and

why don't they get rid of Earth's tilt and get rid of hot summers and cold winters and19-03-2016 00:21
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
make all year good weather like spring?
19-03-2016 01:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Interesting. How would you do it?
19-03-2016 05:45
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Into the Night wrote:Interesting. How would you do it?

By moving a lot of asteroids near Earth and use gravity to make Earth tip over a bit so it becomes straight rather than tilted.
19-03-2016 09:46
(21582)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

By moving a lot of asteroids near Earth and use gravity to make Earth tip over a bit so it becomes straight rather than tilted.

Hmmm. That would mean we would have to build a lot of powerful rockets to go out and collect those asteroids, then haul them back here to do there job. Once done, they would have to be hauled away again so they don't overdo their job.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just fix a couple of rocket engines to the Earth itself?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-03-2016 21:43
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Hmmm. That would mean we would have to build a lot of powerful rockets to go out and collect those asteroids, then haul them back here to do there job. Once done, they would have to be hauled away again so they don't overdo their job.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just fix a couple of rocket engines to the Earth itself?

More asteroids, reduction of tilt faster. Fewer asteroids, reduction of tilt slower. Take asteroids away as Earth becomes straighter. When Earth is completely straight, take the last asteroid away.
Edited on 19-03-2016 21:47
20-03-2016 09:13
(21582)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

More asteroids, reduction of tilt faster. Fewer asteroids, reduction of tilt slower. Take asteroids away as Earth becomes straighter. When Earth is completely straight, take the last asteroid away.

Rocket on, rocket off. Cheaper than chasing asteroids I think. Besides how would you position asteroids to change the tilt of the Earth by gravity?

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 20-03-2016 09:14
20-03-2016 12:34
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
http://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/ask/q278.html

Have you calculated how energy you would need?

Do we have the technology to do it?

Is it feasible that the technology would ever be developed?

Is it really desireable to do this?

Are you insane?

Is one of you a troll?

Are both of you trolls?

Why Am I bothering?
20-03-2016 21:53
(21582)
spot wrote:
http://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/ask/q278.html

Have you calculated how energy you would need?
No, but I'm pretty sure it would require more energy to go chase asteroids, bring 'em back here, position them just right, then take them away again.
spot wrote:
Do we have the technology to do it?
No.
spot wrote:
Is it feasible that the technology would ever be developed?
Unknown. You cannot predict the future any better than I can. We probably would not develop that technology in our lifetime.
spot wrote:
Is it really desireable to do this?
Unknown. Removing the seasonal cycle completely would have to be studied on quite a few organisms first, to see if they would adapt to it. If the change occurred over a long period of time, instead of quickly as the scenario you presented, it might be quite survivable and adaptable.
spot wrote:
Why Am I bothering?

Only you can figure that one out.

The Parrot Killer

21-03-2016 16:59
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
In March when the northern hemisphere is spring and the southern hemisphere is fall, Earth is completely straight, no tilt. If at this particular time using force to stop Earth from tilting over, then Earth's tilt can be gotten rid of.

What is true is that seasonal cycles is bad for life. Life adapts to it. But without it, life would be easier because no life likes hot summer and cold winter. Life prefers good spring / fall climate.
Edited on 21-03-2016 17:01
21-03-2016 18:55
(21582)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
In March when the northern hemisphere is spring and the southern hemisphere is fall, Earth is completely straight, no tilt. If at this particular time using force to stop Earth from tilting over, then Earth's tilt can be gotten rid of.

What is true is that seasonal cycles is bad for life. Life adapts to it. But without it, life would be easier because no life likes hot summer and cold winter. Life prefers good spring / fall climate.

Tilt is still there.

The Parrot Killer

22-03-2016 05:37
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Tilt is still there.

In March Earth is straight not tilted.
22-03-2016 09:22
(21582)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Tilt is still there.

In March Earth is straight not tilted.

Nope. It's tilted at the same angle (23.5 degrees) in every month of the year. It never changes. During the spring and fall equinox, the tilt is sideways with respect to the sun. During the winter and summer solstices, the tilt is directly toward or away from the sun. The tilt itself never even rotates. The effect is solely due to the Earth's position in its orbit.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate why don't they get rid of Earth's tilt and get rid of hot summers and cold winters and:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Florida in hot water as ocean temperatures rise along with the humidity213-07-2023 15:50
Quantum computer startup SEEQC unveils digital chip that operates at super cold temp3931-03-2023 19:52
The Natural Foods That Easily Destroy Corona Virus COVID Are The Hot Spicy, Bitter523-11-2021 11:27
Hot Water Unit13117-07-2021 05:51
Climate overview: erratic polar vortex - cold anomalies over the US and Europe video!!!122-04-2021 20:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact