Remember me
▼ Content

Why do they take out H2O from air when they measure CO2 concentration?


Why do they take out H2O from air when they measure CO2 concentration?30-04-2019 20:56
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1079)
AFAIK, H2O is an indispensable part of air so if I were to measure CO2 concentration I would not take H2O out of air.

https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/about/co2_measurements.html
30-04-2019 21:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10256)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
AFAIK, H2O is an indispensable part of air so if I were to measure CO2 concentration I would not take H2O out of air.

https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/about/co2_measurements.html


Then you are measuring water, not CO2. They both absorb infrared light of similar frequencies.


The Parrot Killer
30-04-2019 23:01
James___
★★★★☆
(1851)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
AFAIK, H2O is an indispensable part of air so if I were to measure CO2 concentration I would not take H2O out of air.

https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/about/co2_measurements.html


Then you are measuring water, not CO2. They both absorb infrared light of similar frequencies.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87eTZrF7hgg&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3R_QfA7zlMIG1tXowCFD0keD1TJHSasz4xRwccQq9_DI9t_T4xhCYwnaA

I "know" Andrei Cerbu and Andreea Munteanu. Andreea is singing and Andrei on guitar has black hair. And once again, non Americains we harmed in the making of this music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj_wB7Taakw
And for Deutsche, there is Sina Doering, aka Sina-Drums;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMJiZxw6Ef4
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUQo7vm6f8w


No Americans were harmed in the making of these music videos. In fact none of it was made in les Amériques. Il est vrais


With Mauna Loa, it's possible that it's representative of the air coming from Los Angeles, California, USA. If so, it's only representative of that one air stream/flow.
And for Deutsche, there's; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp_6Ecu-XyM or with a Romanian and a Brit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyF5A7BFnqw

The first song features a Swedish lead singer with Spaniards.
Edited on 30-04-2019 23:25
30-04-2019 23:21
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1079)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
AFAIK, H2O is an indispensable part of air so if I were to measure CO2 concentration I would not take H2O out of air.

https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/about/co2_measurements.html


Then you are measuring water, not CO2. They both absorb infrared light of similar frequencies.


H2O is part of air. That's like saying I take out O2 to measure CO2. That is WRONG.




Join the debate Why do they take out H2O from air when they measure CO2 concentration?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why can't you say Venus is hotter than Mercury because Venus got CO2?4413-12-2019 15:13
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N225513-12-2019 12:44
Poulation controll revisited - CO2 compensation through population control814-11-2019 23:28
Is it not true that brains shrink due to increase in CO2 displacing O2?208-11-2019 18:45
Next year will the first year since lord knows when CO2 is more than 400 ppm all year at Moana Loa305-11-2019 18:15
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact