Remember me
▼ Content

Why did global warming become climate change?



Page 1 of 212>
Why did global warming become climate change?23-03-2022 01:24
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
Why does the media hide Al Gore at all cost?

When exactly was the climate not changing.
23-03-2022 01:48
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4436)
'Climate' doesn't actually change, since it's just a description of the environment that surrounds us. It really doesn't apply on a global scale. It's where you are standing, and changes when you moved to another location. Many places have very distinct, seasonal climate changes as well. It's pretty well certain the planet has gone through some long term changes. Huge reptiles, would have need a consistent, warmer, humid climate for thousands of years. They would have needed a lot of food as well. It got cold for a long time too, since the environment no longer supported large lizards. All long before mankind started burning stuff. It's our first inter-glacial. Nobody knows what's normal, or what to expect. Mankind had nothing to do with it. If we wish to survive, we need to adapt, rather than feeble/futile attempts to keep everything the same. It's not about changing the planet, its about political control, and economics. One government, for all people. One currency for all people. No borders, since the government owns everything, including your soul.
23-03-2022 03:56
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12978)
HarveyH55 wrote:It's pretty well certain the planet has gone through some long term changes.

I would disagree with the notion that the entire planet got warmer or colder all at the same time. Each place had its turn being warm, being cold, being humid, being dry. I don't see how a planet could simply change altogether in one direction.

HarveyH55 wrote: Huge reptiles, would have need a consistent, warmer, humid climate for thousands of years.

All that means to me is that the reptiles thrived where the conditions were right and did not thrive where they weren't. I bet many reptiles simply migrated as their environments slowly changed.

At least, that's my speculation.
23-03-2022 04:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19779)
Swan wrote:
Why does the media hide Al Gore at all cost?

When exactly was the climate not changing.

Define 'climate change'.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-03-2022 14:32
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
HarveyH55 wrote:
'Climate' doesn't actually change, since it's just a description of the environment that surrounds us. It really doesn't apply on a global scale. It's where you are standing, and changes when you moved to another location. Many places have very distinct, seasonal climate changes as well. It's pretty well certain the planet has gone through some long term changes. Huge reptiles, would have need a consistent, warmer, humid climate for thousands of years. They would have needed a lot of food as well. It got cold for a long time too, since the environment no longer supported large lizards. All long before mankind started burning stuff. It's our first inter-glacial. Nobody knows what's normal, or what to expect. Mankind had nothing to do with it. If we wish to survive, we need to adapt, rather than feeble/futile attempts to keep everything the same. It's not about changing the planet, its about political control, and economics. One government, for all people. One currency for all people. No borders, since the government owns everything, including your soul.


Climate most certainly does change, in fact there is no known point in time when it was not changing. The changes only vary in speed and this speed is set at an Earth speed which can seldom be observable in a single human lifetime. The last change began 20,000 years ago when the last ice age crested and began to wane
23-03-2022 14:35
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Why does the media hide Al Gore at all cost?

When exactly was the climate not changing.

Define 'climate change'.


The Earth conditions that put 1000 to 2000 feet of ice over half the area of the USA were the result of change. By 10,000 years ago 90 percent of this ice had melted, this process of icing over and melting is clearly change that was caused by the climate, or climate change. Since you can not accept scientific truths you deny that the ice age ever happened
23-03-2022 16:20
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3216)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
'Climate' doesn't actually change, since it's just a description of the environment that surrounds us. It really doesn't apply on a global scale. It's where you are standing, and changes when you moved to another location. Many places have very distinct, seasonal climate changes as well. It's pretty well certain the planet has gone through some long term changes. Huge reptiles, would have need a consistent, warmer, humid climate for thousands of years. They would have needed a lot of food as well. It got cold for a long time too, since the environment no longer supported large lizards. All long before mankind started burning stuff. It's our first inter-glacial. Nobody knows what's normal, or what to expect. Mankind had nothing to do with it. If we wish to survive, we need to adapt, rather than feeble/futile attempts to keep everything the same. It's not about changing the planet, its about political control, and economics. One government, for all people. One currency for all people. No borders, since the government owns everything, including your soul.


Climate most certainly does change, in fact there is no known point in time when it was not changing.

Are you saying that there is more 'climate' today than there was yesterday? How are you quantifying this "change" in 'climate'?

Swan wrote:
The changes only vary in speed

Ohhhhh, I think I gotcha now... So you're saying that 'climate' today is FASTER than it was yesterday? I had no idea that climate has a measurable speed... Look at all the new things that I learn whenever Swan comes out to play!!!


Swan wrote:
and this speed is set at an Earth speed

Drats! Now I must admit that I'm confused again... What is 'Earth speed', exactly?

Swan wrote:
which can seldom be observable in a single human lifetime.

IOW, you haven't observed anything and are just making schizzit up. Got it.

Swan wrote:
The last change began 20,000 years ago when the last ice age crested and began to wane

The stinkiest fart occurred 50,000 years ago when the worst nor'easter on record completely wiped out all land life on the east coast.
23-03-2022 16:21
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3216)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Why does the media hide Al Gore at all cost?

When exactly was the climate not changing.

Define 'climate change'.


The Earth conditions that put 1000 to 2000 feet of ice over half the area of the USA were the result of change. By 10,000 years ago 90 percent of this ice had melted, this process of icing over and melting is clearly change that was caused by the climate, or climate change. Since you can not accept scientific truths you deny that the ice age ever happened

Continued preaching. How are your moraine farms doing these days?
23-03-2022 18:03
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
'Climate' doesn't actually change, since it's just a description of the environment that surrounds us. It really doesn't apply on a global scale. It's where you are standing, and changes when you moved to another location. Many places have very distinct, seasonal climate changes as well. It's pretty well certain the planet has gone through some long term changes. Huge reptiles, would have need a consistent, warmer, humid climate for thousands of years. They would have needed a lot of food as well. It got cold for a long time too, since the environment no longer supported large lizards. All long before mankind started burning stuff. It's our first inter-glacial. Nobody knows what's normal, or what to expect. Mankind had nothing to do with it. If we wish to survive, we need to adapt, rather than feeble/futile attempts to keep everything the same. It's not about changing the planet, its about political control, and economics. One government, for all people. One currency for all people. No borders, since the government owns everything, including your soul.


Climate most certainly does change, in fact there is no known point in time when it was not changing.

Are you saying that there is more 'climate' today than there was yesterday? How are you quantifying this "change" in 'climate'?

Swan wrote:
The changes only vary in speed

Ohhhhh, I think I gotcha now... So you're saying that 'climate' today is FASTER than it was yesterday? I had no idea that climate has a measurable speed... Look at all the new things that I learn whenever Swan comes out to play!!!


Swan wrote:
and this speed is set at an Earth speed

Drats! Now I must admit that I'm confused again... What is 'Earth speed', exactly?

Swan wrote:
which can seldom be observable in a single human lifetime.

IOW, you haven't observed anything and are just making schizzit up. Got it.

Swan wrote:
The last change began 20,000 years ago when the last ice age crested and began to wane

The stinkiest fart occurred 50,000 years ago when the worst nor'easter on record completely wiped out all land life on the east coast.


Again the climate has always been changing. There is more CO2 now than at other points in history and less CO2 now than other points in history, since CO2 is one of the many factors that cause climate change the climate changes. The deep ocean currents could also speed or reverse causing upwelling of cold water again effecting surface temps. Your belief that the climate is a particular thing that there can be more or less of indicates that you have an absolutely zero scientific aptitude to enable comprehensive understanding of what constitutes reality. In other words the only reason that you graduated kindergarten is because the teacher did not want to struggle with your ineptitude again
Edited on 23-03-2022 18:15
23-03-2022 18:54
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2611)
gfm7175 wrote:
The stinkiest fart occurred 50,000 years ago when the worst nor'easter on record completely wiped out all land life on the east coast.

Of greater significance was the Alaskan explosion that happened on a Tuesday 186,000 years ago. Mountain tops reaching up to 47.3 miles into the heavens were blown to smithereens by a super valcano, presumably ordered by the E-Savior.

As the chunks of mountain flowed south and east on a river of hot lava, the Rocky Mountains were carved out. The intense heat was overwhelming for the polar bears and they fled north to the Arctic where they adapted to the frigid climate and remain there today.

Interesting stuff.


Computer science made this page possible, whether you do not believe in science or not.- Swan
23-03-2022 20:05
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
The stinkiest fart occurred 50,000 years ago when the worst nor'easter on record completely wiped out all land life on the east coast.

Of greater significance was the Alaskan explosion that happened on a Tuesday 186,000 years ago. Mountain tops reaching up to 47.3 miles into the heavens were blown to smithereens by a super valcano, presumably ordered by the E-Savior.

As the chunks of mountain flowed south and east on a river of hot lava, the Rocky Mountains were carved out. The intense heat was overwhelming for the polar bears and they fled north to the Arctic where they adapted to the frigid climate and remain there today.

Interesting stuff.


Clueless as the Rocky mountains are not made of lava at all, and they were not carved. The Rockies are caused by the various plates sliding under the North American plate
23-03-2022 20:10
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2611)
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
The stinkiest fart occurred 50,000 years ago when the worst nor'easter on record completely wiped out all land life on the east coast.

Of greater significance was the Alaskan explosion that happened on a Tuesday 186,000 years ago. Mountain tops reaching up to 47.3 miles into the heavens were blown to smithereens by a super valcano, presumably ordered by the E-Savior.

As the chunks of mountain flowed south and east on a river of hot lava, the Rocky Mountains were carved out. The intense heat was overwhelming for the polar bears and they fled north to the Arctic where they adapted to the frigid climate and remain there today.

Interesting stuff.


Clueless as the Rocky mountains are not made of lava at all, and they were not carved. The Rockies are caused by the various plates sliding under the North American plate


That's the part you take issue with?! OK.

Lol. Yawn.


Computer science made this page possible, whether you do not believe in science or not.- Swan
23-03-2022 20:16
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19779)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
'Climate' doesn't actually change, since it's just a description of the environment that surrounds us. It really doesn't apply on a global scale. It's where you are standing, and changes when you moved to another location. Many places have very distinct, seasonal climate changes as well. It's pretty well certain the planet has gone through some long term changes. Huge reptiles, would have need a consistent, warmer, humid climate for thousands of years. They would have needed a lot of food as well. It got cold for a long time too, since the environment no longer supported large lizards. All long before mankind started burning stuff. It's our first inter-glacial. Nobody knows what's normal, or what to expect. Mankind had nothing to do with it. If we wish to survive, we need to adapt, rather than feeble/futile attempts to keep everything the same. It's not about changing the planet, its about political control, and economics. One government, for all people. One currency for all people. No borders, since the government owns everything, including your soul.


Climate most certainly does change,

Climate has no value associated with it. What is 'changing'? Define 'climate change'.
Swan wrote:
in fact there is no known point in time when it was not changing.

What is changing? A desert climate is still a desert climate, a marine climate is still a marine climate. What is changing?
Swan wrote:
The changes only vary in speed and this speed is set at an Earth speed which can seldom be observable in a single human lifetime.

Climate has no speed.
Swan wrote:
The last change began 20,000 years ago when the last ice age crested and began to wane

How to you know? Where you around 20,000 years ago to see it?
What does this have to do with 'climate change'?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-03-2022 20:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19779)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Why does the media hide Al Gore at all cost?

When exactly was the climate not changing.

Define 'climate change'.


The Earth conditions that put 1000 to 2000 feet of ice over half the area of the USA were the result of change.

What 'change'? It's still there. it's called the Antarctic ice cap.
Swan wrote:
By 10,000 years ago 90 percent of this ice had melted,

Were you around 10,000 years ago to see this? How do you know? Omniscience fallacy.
Swan wrote:
this process of icing over and melting is clearly change that was caused by the climate,

Climate doesn't cause anything.
Swan wrote:
or climate change.

What is changing? Define 'climate change'.
Swan wrote:
Since you can not accept scientific truths

Science is not truths. No theory of science is ever proven True. It is not possible to prove ANY theory True. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.
Swan wrote:
you deny that the ice age ever happened

No. I deny that you know it ever happened.

Religion is not science. Redefinition fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-03-2022 20:34
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19779)
gfm7175 wrote:
Drats! Now I must admit that I'm confused again... What is 'Earth speed', exactly?

Earth's speed (relative to the a stationary point on Earth's orbit, or orbital speed) varies between 65,520mph and 67,752mph. It is slowest at aphelion (which this year occurs at July 4, 2022 0010Z, at a distance of 94,509,598 mi from the Sun). It is fastest at perihelion (which next occurs January 4, 2023 0817Z, at a distance of 91,403,034 mi from the Sun).

This ignores variations due to the Earth and the Moon orbiting each other.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-03-2022 20:41
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19779)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
'Climate' doesn't actually change, since it's just a description of the environment that surrounds us. It really doesn't apply on a global scale. It's where you are standing, and changes when you moved to another location. Many places have very distinct, seasonal climate changes as well. It's pretty well certain the planet has gone through some long term changes. Huge reptiles, would have need a consistent, warmer, humid climate for thousands of years. They would have needed a lot of food as well. It got cold for a long time too, since the environment no longer supported large lizards. All long before mankind started burning stuff. It's our first inter-glacial. Nobody knows what's normal, or what to expect. Mankind had nothing to do with it. If we wish to survive, we need to adapt, rather than feeble/futile attempts to keep everything the same. It's not about changing the planet, its about political control, and economics. One government, for all people. One currency for all people. No borders, since the government owns everything, including your soul.


Climate most certainly does change, in fact there is no known point in time when it was not changing.

Are you saying that there is more 'climate' today than there was yesterday? How are you quantifying this "change" in 'climate'?

Swan wrote:
The changes only vary in speed

Ohhhhh, I think I gotcha now... So you're saying that 'climate' today is FASTER than it was yesterday? I had no idea that climate has a measurable speed... Look at all the new things that I learn whenever Swan comes out to play!!!


Swan wrote:
and this speed is set at an Earth speed

Drats! Now I must admit that I'm confused again... What is 'Earth speed', exactly?

Swan wrote:
which can seldom be observable in a single human lifetime.

IOW, you haven't observed anything and are just making schizzit up. Got it.

Swan wrote:
The last change began 20,000 years ago when the last ice age crested and began to wane

The stinkiest fart occurred 50,000 years ago when the worst nor'easter on record completely wiped out all land life on the east coast.


Again the climate has always been changing.

What is changing? Define 'climate change'.
Swan wrote:
There is more CO2 now than at other points in history and less CO2 now than other points in history,

How do you know this? it is not possible to measure the global CO2 concentration in the atmosphere.
Swan wrote:
since CO2 is one of the many factors that cause climate change the climate changes.

CO2 doesn't cause anything. Define 'climate change'. You seem to be ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics and saying CO2 warms the Earth or something. No, it doesn't have that capability. You can't create energy out of nothing.
Swan wrote:
The deep ocean currents could also speed or reverse causing upwelling of cold water again effecting surface temps.

Ocean currents are a function of uneven heating of the Earth by the Sun and the positions of various land formations. CO2 does not affect ocean currents.
Swan wrote:
Your belief that the climate is a particular thing that there can be more or less of indicates that you have an absolutely zero scientific aptitude

You are describing yourself. Science has no theory based on a meaningless buzzword. You do seem to be ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics though. CO2 has absolutely no capability to warm the Earth.
Swan wrote:
to enable comprehensive understanding of what constitutes reality.

Define 'reality'. Oh...you don't know now. Never mind. Buzzword fallacy.
Swan wrote:
In other words the only reason that you graduated kindergarten is because the teacher did not want to struggle with your ineptitude again

Insult fallacy.

Redefinition fallacy (religion<->science). Buzzword fallacies. Insult fallacies.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-03-2022 20:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Why does the media hide Al Gore at all cost?

When exactly was the climate not changing.

Define 'climate change'.


The Earth conditions that put 1000 to 2000 feet of ice over half the area of the USA were the result of change.

What 'change'? It's still there. it's called the Antarctic ice cap.
Swan wrote:
By 10,000 years ago 90 percent of this ice had melted,

Were you around 10,000 years ago to see this? How do you know? Omniscience fallacy.
Swan wrote:
this process of icing over and melting is clearly change that was caused by the climate,

Climate doesn't cause anything.
Swan wrote:
or climate change.

What is changing? Define 'climate change'.
Swan wrote:
Since you can not accept scientific truths

Science is not truths. No theory of science is ever proven True. It is not possible to prove ANY theory True. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.
Swan wrote:
you deny that the ice age ever happened

No. I deny that you know it ever happened.

Religion is not science. Redefinition fallacy.


Actually the total land mass of the USA in miles is 3,531,905 square miles. Currently 34,000 square miles of the USA are covered in glaciation, at the height of the glacial maximum nearly 1,500,000 square miles of the USA was covered in glaciation. That said since you deny that there was a glacial max your warped little Biden diaper sniffing mind will never be able to comprehend reality or to comprehend what climate means which is why you keep asking for an answer.

LOL you believe in climate change but deny that there is a climate.

Ko00uCk0o
23-03-2022 21:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19779)
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
The stinkiest fart occurred 50,000 years ago when the worst nor'easter on record completely wiped out all land life on the east coast.

Of greater significance was the Alaskan explosion that happened on a Tuesday 186,000 years ago. Mountain tops reaching up to 47.3 miles into the heavens were blown to smithereens by a super valcano, presumably ordered by the E-Savior.

As the chunks of mountain flowed south and east on a river of hot lava, the Rocky Mountains were carved out. The intense heat was overwhelming for the polar bears and they fled north to the Arctic where they adapted to the frigid climate and remain there today.

Interesting stuff.


Clueless as the Rocky mountains are not made of lava at all, and they were not carved. The Rockies are caused by the various plates sliding under the North American plate


So I guess Yellowstone Natl Park doesn't exist, eh? Nor the Mammoth Lakes caldera, nor the various lava formations in the Rockies, eh?

So I guess rock slides never occur in the Rockies, eh?

What are these 'various' plates?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-03-2022 21:23
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19779)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Why does the media hide Al Gore at all cost?

When exactly was the climate not changing.

Define 'climate change'.


The Earth conditions that put 1000 to 2000 feet of ice over half the area of the USA were the result of change.

What 'change'? It's still there. it's called the Antarctic ice cap.
Swan wrote:
By 10,000 years ago 90 percent of this ice had melted,

Were you around 10,000 years ago to see this? How do you know? Omniscience fallacy.
Swan wrote:
this process of icing over and melting is clearly change that was caused by the climate,

Climate doesn't cause anything.
Swan wrote:
or climate change.

What is changing? Define 'climate change'.
Swan wrote:
Since you can not accept scientific truths

Science is not truths. No theory of science is ever proven True. It is not possible to prove ANY theory True. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.
Swan wrote:
you deny that the ice age ever happened

No. I deny that you know it ever happened.

Religion is not science. Redefinition fallacy.


Actually the total land mass of the USA in miles is 3,531,905 square miles.

There is no USA anymore. I assume you mean the former USA. That was more like 3.8 million square miles.
Swan wrote:
Currently 34,000 square miles of the USA are covered in glaciation,

That varies in size quite a bit. It's not possible to state such a number.
Swan wrote:
at the height of the glacial maximum nearly 1,500,000 square miles of the USA was covered in glaciation.

How do you know? Were you there?
Swan wrote:
That said since you deny that there was a glacial max

No. I deny that you know there was a glacial maximum as you describe. A religion is not a proof.
Swan wrote:
your warped little Biden diaper sniffing mind will never be able to comprehend reality or to comprehend what climate means which is why you keep asking for an answer.

You are describing yourself. You cannot seem to define 'reality' or 'climate change'.
Swan wrote:
LOL you believe in climate change but deny that there is a climate.

Define 'climate change'. Climate has no value associated with it. What is changing?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 23-03-2022 21:31
23-03-2022 22:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12978)
Swan wrote:When exactly was the climate not changing.

The global Climate has not changed whatsoever during my lifetime, and I have been tracking it, looking for any hint of change.

When has the global Climate ever changed? (I'm poised to ask you "How do you know? Were you there?" and "Why should any rational adult believe ... etc.)
23-03-2022 23:30
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
The stinkiest fart occurred 50,000 years ago when the worst nor'easter on record completely wiped out all land life on the east coast.

Of greater significance was the Alaskan explosion that happened on a Tuesday 186,000 years ago. Mountain tops reaching up to 47.3 miles into the heavens were blown to smithereens by a super valcano, presumably ordered by the E-Savior.

As the chunks of mountain flowed south and east on a river of hot lava, the Rocky Mountains were carved out. The intense heat was overwhelming for the polar bears and they fled north to the Arctic where they adapted to the frigid climate and remain there today.

Interesting stuff.


Clueless as the Rocky mountains are not made of lava at all, and they were not carved. The Rockies are caused by the various plates sliding under the North American plate


So I guess Yellowstone Natl Park doesn't exist, eh? Nor the Mammoth Lakes caldera, nor the various lava formations in the Rockies, eh?

So I guess rock slides never occur in the Rockies, eh?

What are these 'various' plates?


Yellowstone is not the Rocky Mountains. The Rocky mountains stretch some 3000 miles from Canada to New Mexico and were formed when the Pacific and other plates subducted under the North American plate. The Rocky Mountains formed 80 million to 55 million years ago during the Laramide orogeny, in which a number of plates began sliding underneath the North American plate. The angle of subduction was shallow, resulting in a broad belt of mountains running down western North America.

However please do not stop babbling as you are really quite amusing
24-03-2022 17:08
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3216)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
'Climate' doesn't actually change, since it's just a description of the environment that surrounds us. It really doesn't apply on a global scale. It's where you are standing, and changes when you moved to another location. Many places have very distinct, seasonal climate changes as well. It's pretty well certain the planet has gone through some long term changes. Huge reptiles, would have need a consistent, warmer, humid climate for thousands of years. They would have needed a lot of food as well. It got cold for a long time too, since the environment no longer supported large lizards. All long before mankind started burning stuff. It's our first inter-glacial. Nobody knows what's normal, or what to expect. Mankind had nothing to do with it. If we wish to survive, we need to adapt, rather than feeble/futile attempts to keep everything the same. It's not about changing the planet, its about political control, and economics. One government, for all people. One currency for all people. No borders, since the government owns everything, including your soul.


Climate most certainly does change, in fact there is no known point in time when it was not changing.

Are you saying that there is more 'climate' today than there was yesterday? How are you quantifying this "change" in 'climate'?

Swan wrote:
The changes only vary in speed

Ohhhhh, I think I gotcha now... So you're saying that 'climate' today is FASTER than it was yesterday? I had no idea that climate has a measurable speed... Look at all the new things that I learn whenever Swan comes out to play!!!


Swan wrote:
and this speed is set at an Earth speed

Drats! Now I must admit that I'm confused again... What is 'Earth speed', exactly?

Swan wrote:
which can seldom be observable in a single human lifetime.

IOW, you haven't observed anything and are just making schizzit up. Got it.

Swan wrote:
The last change began 20,000 years ago when the last ice age crested and began to wane

The stinkiest fart occurred 50,000 years ago when the worst nor'easter on record completely wiped out all land life on the east coast.


Again the climate has always been changing. There is more CO2 now than at other points in history and less CO2 now than other points in history, since CO2 is one of the many factors that cause climate change the climate changes. The deep ocean currents could also speed or reverse causing upwelling of cold water again effecting surface temps. Your belief that the climate is a particular thing that there can be more or less of indicates that you have an absolutely zero scientific aptitude to enable comprehensive understanding of what constitutes reality. In other words the only reason that you graduated kindergarten is because the teacher did not want to struggle with your ineptitude again

Continued religious preaching (that you are trying to pass as science).
24-03-2022 17:09
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3216)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
The stinkiest fart occurred 50,000 years ago when the worst nor'easter on record completely wiped out all land life on the east coast.

Of greater significance was the Alaskan explosion that happened on a Tuesday 186,000 years ago. Mountain tops reaching up to 47.3 miles into the heavens were blown to smithereens by a super valcano, presumably ordered by the E-Savior.

As the chunks of mountain flowed south and east on a river of hot lava, the Rocky Mountains were carved out. The intense heat was overwhelming for the polar bears and they fled north to the Arctic where they adapted to the frigid climate and remain there today.

Interesting stuff.

Interesting indeed. I just learnt me sumthin new. Isn't science great?
24-03-2022 20:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19779)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
The stinkiest fart occurred 50,000 years ago when the worst nor'easter on record completely wiped out all land life on the east coast.

Of greater significance was the Alaskan explosion that happened on a Tuesday 186,000 years ago. Mountain tops reaching up to 47.3 miles into the heavens were blown to smithereens by a super valcano, presumably ordered by the E-Savior.

As the chunks of mountain flowed south and east on a river of hot lava, the Rocky Mountains were carved out. The intense heat was overwhelming for the polar bears and they fled north to the Arctic where they adapted to the frigid climate and remain there today.

Interesting stuff.


Clueless as the Rocky mountains are not made of lava at all, and they were not carved. The Rockies are caused by the various plates sliding under the North American plate


So I guess Yellowstone Natl Park doesn't exist, eh? Nor the Mammoth Lakes caldera, nor the various lava formations in the Rockies, eh?

So I guess rock slides never occur in the Rockies, eh?

What are these 'various' plates?


Yellowstone is not the Rocky Mountains.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yellowstone is INDEED in the Rocky Mountains! Not only do you fail at geology, you fail at geography as well!
Swan wrote:
The Rocky mountains stretch some 3000 miles from Canada to New Mexico and were formed when the Pacific and other plates subducted under the North American plate.

The Pacific plate is not being subducted under the North American plate. That fault is a shearing fault, and is west of the Rockies, even offshore along much of it's length. The only subduction at all is the Pacific Northwest micro-plate, caught like a gear between the two, and slowly turning as these two plates move.
Swan wrote:
The Rocky Mountains formed 80 million to 55 million years ago during the Laramide orogeny, in which a number of plates began sliding underneath the North American plate.

The Pacific plate is not subducting under the North American plate. It is shearing along it. The Pacific plate is moving north relative to the North American plate.
Swan wrote:
The angle of subduction was shallow, resulting in a broad belt of mountains running down western North America.

Not subducting. This offshore fault is not under the Rockies or any part of the Rocky Mountain system (which includes numerous volcanoes and even a caldera), and which includes lava formations along some of it's western slopes.
Swan wrote:
However please do not stop babbling as you are really quite amusing

You are describing yourself again.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-03-2022 00:59
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
The stinkiest fart occurred 50,000 years ago when the worst nor'easter on record completely wiped out all land life on the east coast.

Of greater significance was the Alaskan explosion that happened on a Tuesday 186,000 years ago. Mountain tops reaching up to 47.3 miles into the heavens were blown to smithereens by a super valcano, presumably ordered by the E-Savior.

As the chunks of mountain flowed south and east on a river of hot lava, the Rocky Mountains were carved out. The intense heat was overwhelming for the polar bears and they fled north to the Arctic where they adapted to the frigid climate and remain there today.

Interesting stuff.


Clueless as the Rocky mountains are not made of lava at all, and they were not carved. The Rockies are caused by the various plates sliding under the North American plate


So I guess Yellowstone Natl Park doesn't exist, eh? Nor the Mammoth Lakes caldera, nor the various lava formations in the Rockies, eh?

So I guess rock slides never occur in the Rockies, eh?

What are these 'various' plates?


Yellowstone is not the Rocky Mountains.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yellowstone is INDEED in the Rocky Mountains! Not only do you fail at geology, you fail at geography as well!
Swan wrote:
The Rocky mountains stretch some 3000 miles from Canada to New Mexico and were formed when the Pacific and other plates subducted under the North American plate.

The Pacific plate is not being subducted under the North American plate. That fault is a shearing fault, and is west of the Rockies, even offshore along much of it's length. The only subduction at all is the Pacific Northwest micro-plate, caught like a gear between the two, and slowly turning as these two plates move.
Swan wrote:
The Rocky Mountains formed 80 million to 55 million years ago during the Laramide orogeny, in which a number of plates began sliding underneath the North American plate.

The Pacific plate is not subducting under the North American plate. It is shearing along it. The Pacific plate is moving north relative to the North American plate.
Swan wrote:
The angle of subduction was shallow, resulting in a broad belt of mountains running down western North America.

Not subducting. This offshore fault is not under the Rockies or any part of the Rocky Mountain system (which includes numerous volcanoes and even a caldera), and which includes lava formations along some of it's western slopes.
Swan wrote:
However please do not stop babbling as you are really quite amusing

You are describing yourself again.


The mountains that make up the park, along the rest of the Rocky Mountains, were uplifted during the Laramide Orogeny starting around 70-80 million years ago and ending roughly 35 million years ago. More recently repeated glaciation events during the last several million years eroded thousands of feet of rock and sediment. This significant erosional period proceeded to carve the region, shaping the peaks and valleys we see today. Wide U-shaped valleys leading broad cirques, steep arêtes, and tall mountain peaks are characteristic features found throughout the park.


So again you are wrong because aliens did not form the rockies, plate tectonics did.

CIAO
25-03-2022 01:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19779)
Swan wrote:
The mountains that make up the park, along the rest of the Rocky Mountains, were uplifted during the Laramide Orogeny starting around 70-80 million years ago and ending roughly 35 million years ago.

You weren't alive 80 million years ago or even 35 million years ago. You are spewing religion again.
Swan wrote:
More recently repeated glaciation events during the last several million years eroded thousands of feet of rock and sediment. This significant erosional period proceeded to carve the region, shaping the peaks and valleys we see today.

Wait...YOU said the Rockies weren't carved!

You are now locked in paradox.

Swan wrote:
Wide U-shaped valleys leading broad cirques, steep arêtes, and tall mountain peaks are characteristic features found throughout the park.

All because it wasn't carved, right??? Sorry dude, you cannot argue both sides of a paradox. It's irrational.
Swan wrote:
So again you are wrong because aliens did not form the rockies, plate tectonics did.

False dichotomy fallacy. I never either did. You don't know what formed them either. You are GUESSING.

Rockies is a proper noun. It is capitalized.

What plates do you think created the Rockies? It wasn't the Pacific plate...it's too far away and is not subducting.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-03-2022 17:22
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
The mountains that make up the park, along the rest of the Rocky Mountains, were uplifted during the Laramide Orogeny starting around 70-80 million years ago and ending roughly 35 million years ago.

You weren't alive 80 million years ago or even 35 million years ago. You are spewing religion again.
Swan wrote:
More recently repeated glaciation events during the last several million years eroded thousands of feet of rock and sediment. This significant erosional period proceeded to carve the region, shaping the peaks and valleys we see today.

Wait...YOU said the Rockies weren't carved!

You are now locked in paradox.

Swan wrote:
Wide U-shaped valleys leading broad cirques, steep arêtes, and tall mountain peaks are characteristic features found throughout the park.

All because it wasn't carved, right??? Sorry dude, you cannot argue both sides of a paradox. It's irrational.
Swan wrote:
So again you are wrong because aliens did not form the rockies, plate tectonics did.

False dichotomy fallacy. I never either did. You don't know what formed them either. You are GUESSING.

Rockies is a proper noun. It is capitalized.

What plates do you think created the Rockies? It wasn't the Pacific plate...it's too far away and is not subducting.


Again reality does not change. The Rocky Mountains, also known as the Rockies, are a major mountain range and the largest mountain system in North America. The Rocky Mountains stretch 3,000 mi (4,800 km)[1] in straight-line distance from the northernmost part of western Canada, to New Mexico in the southwestern United States. Depending on differing definitions between Canada and the United States, its northern terminus is located either in northern British Columbia's Terminal Range south of the Liard River and east of the Trench, or in the northeastern foothills of the Brooks Range/British Mountains that face the Beaufort Sea coasts between the Canning River and the Firth River across the Alaska-Yukon border.[2] Its southernmost point is near the Albuquerque area adjacent to the Rio Grande Basin and north of the Sandia–Manzano Mountain Range. Being the easternmost portion of the North American Cordillera, the Rockies are distinct from the tectonically younger Cascade Range and Sierra Nevada, which both lie farther to its west.

The Rocky Mountains formed 80 million to 55 million years ago during the Laramide orogeny, in which a number of plates began sliding underneath the North American plate. The angle of subduction was shallow, resulting in a broad belt of mountains running down western North America. Since then, further tectonic activity and erosion by glaciers have sculpted the Rockies into dramatic peaks and valleys. At the end of the last ice age, humans began inhabiting the mountain range. After explorations of the range by Europeans, such as Sir Alexander Mackenzie, and Anglo-Americans, such as the Lewis and Clark expedition, natural resources such as minerals and fur drove the initial economic exploitation of the mountains, although the range itself never experienced a dense population.


What do you think created the Rocky mountain range, can't be vulcanism as you claimed because the Rockies are made of sedimentary rock not igneous rock, or do you still believe that the aliens created the rockies
25-03-2022 19:39
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19779)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
The mountains that make up the park, along the rest of the Rocky Mountains, were uplifted during the Laramide Orogeny starting around 70-80 million years ago and ending roughly 35 million years ago.

You weren't alive 80 million years ago or even 35 million years ago. You are spewing religion again.
Swan wrote:
More recently repeated glaciation events during the last several million years eroded thousands of feet of rock and sediment. This significant erosional period proceeded to carve the region, shaping the peaks and valleys we see today.

Wait...YOU said the Rockies weren't carved!

You are now locked in paradox.

Swan wrote:
Wide U-shaped valleys leading broad cirques, steep arêtes, and tall mountain peaks are characteristic features found throughout the park.

All because it wasn't carved, right??? Sorry dude, you cannot argue both sides of a paradox. It's irrational.
Swan wrote:
So again you are wrong because aliens did not form the rockies, plate tectonics did.

False dichotomy fallacy. I never either did. You don't know what formed them either. You are GUESSING.

Rockies is a proper noun. It is capitalized.

What plates do you think created the Rockies? It wasn't the Pacific plate...it's too far away and is not subducting.


Again reality does not change.

Phrase discarded. You obviously do not know the meaning of 'reality' and you are unable to define it.
Swan wrote:
The Rocky Mountains, also known as the Rockies, are a major mountain range and the largest mountain system in North America. The Rocky Mountains stretch 3,000 mi (4,800 km)[1] in straight-line distance from the northernmost part of western Canada, to New Mexico in the southwestern United States. Depending on differing definitions between Canada and the United States, its northern terminus is located either in northern British Columbia's Terminal Range south of the Liard River and east of the Trench, or in the northeastern foothills of the Brooks Range/British Mountains that face the Beaufort Sea coasts between the Canning River and the Firth River across the Alaska-Yukon border.[2] Its southernmost point is near the Albuquerque area adjacent to the Rio Grande Basin and north of the Sandia–Manzano Mountain Range. Being the easternmost portion of the North American Cordillera, the Rockies are distinct from the tectonically younger Cascade Range and Sierra Nevada, which both lie farther to its west.

The Cascades and Sierra Nevada range are both part of the system of mountains ranges collectively known as the Rockies.. The entire West is filled with mountains. It stretches across the entirety of the North American continent, continues down through central America (it's why Central America is above sea level) and on down through the entirety of South America. The North American portion is called 'the Rockies'.
Swan wrote:
The Rocky Mountains formed 80 million to 55 million years ago during the Laramide orogeny, in which a number of plates began sliding underneath the North American plate.

What plates? You weren't alive 55 million years ago. You are spewing religion again.
Swan wrote:
The angle of subduction was shallow, resulting in a broad belt of mountains running down western North America. Since then, further tectonic activity and erosion by glaciers have sculpted the Rockies into dramatic peaks and valleys. At the end of the last ice age, humans began inhabiting the mountain range.

You weren't alive to see this either. You are spewing religion again.
Swan wrote:
After explorations of the range by Europeans, such as Sir Alexander Mackenzie, and Anglo-Americans, such as the Lewis and Clark expedition, natural resources such as minerals and fur drove the initial economic exploitation of the mountains, although the range itself never experienced a dense population.

Folks like Lewis and Clark left detailed notes of their journeys through the Rockies, ending their journey westward at what is now known as Astoria, OR. They nearly died there from exposure to the cold and wet conditions prevalent there. They mapped out several paths across the mountains. I-84 follows the more commonly used Lewis and Clark trail. I-90 follows a somewhat less commonly used trail.

As far dense populations, you forget cities like Boise, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, and smaller towns like Bozeman, Pendleton, Baker, or Spokane.
Swan wrote:
What do you think created the Rocky mountain range, can't be vulcanism as you claimed

Some of it was, and some of it still is.
Swan wrote:
because the Rockies are made of sedimentary rock not igneous rock,

It is made of both. Much of it is granite, an igneous rock. Sedimentary layers come form weathering of such rock.
Swan wrote:
or do you still believe that the aliens created the rockies

The Rockies is a proper noun. It is capitalized.

For all I care. I really don't care if aliens created the Rockies, or if they formed as you say, or if they are the result of volcanic activity. You are the only one speculating about any of this. You don't know. You are trying to prove a circular argument. That's a fallacy.

For me, the Rockies are beautiful. Sure, they can make travel difficult in winter, but their majesty and beauty make up for it. They also provide water to not only the West, but far into the plains as well.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 25-03-2022 19:42
25-03-2022 20:05
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
The mountains that make up the park, along the rest of the Rocky Mountains, were uplifted during the Laramide Orogeny starting around 70-80 million years ago and ending roughly 35 million years ago.

You weren't alive 80 million years ago or even 35 million years ago. You are spewing religion again.
Swan wrote:
More recently repeated glaciation events during the last several million years eroded thousands of feet of rock and sediment. This significant erosional period proceeded to carve the region, shaping the peaks and valleys we see today.

Wait...YOU said the Rockies weren't carved!

You are now locked in paradox.

Swan wrote:
Wide U-shaped valleys leading broad cirques, steep arêtes, and tall mountain peaks are characteristic features found throughout the park.

All because it wasn't carved, right??? Sorry dude, you cannot argue both sides of a paradox. It's irrational.
Swan wrote:
So again you are wrong because aliens did not form the rockies, plate tectonics did.

False dichotomy fallacy. I never either did. You don't know what formed them either. You are GUESSING.

Rockies is a proper noun. It is capitalized.

What plates do you think created the Rockies? It wasn't the Pacific plate...it's too far away and is not subducting.


Again reality does not change.

Phrase discarded. You obviously do not know the meaning of 'reality' and you are unable to define it.
Swan wrote:
The Rocky Mountains, also known as the Rockies, are a major mountain range and the largest mountain system in North America. The Rocky Mountains stretch 3,000 mi (4,800 km)[1] in straight-line distance from the northernmost part of western Canada, to New Mexico in the southwestern United States. Depending on differing definitions between Canada and the United States, its northern terminus is located either in northern British Columbia's Terminal Range south of the Liard River and east of the Trench, or in the northeastern foothills of the Brooks Range/British Mountains that face the Beaufort Sea coasts between the Canning River and the Firth River across the Alaska-Yukon border.[2] Its southernmost point is near the Albuquerque area adjacent to the Rio Grande Basin and north of the Sandia–Manzano Mountain Range. Being the easternmost portion of the North American Cordillera, the Rockies are distinct from the tectonically younger Cascade Range and Sierra Nevada, which both lie farther to its west.

The Cascades and Sierra Nevada range are both part of the system of mountains ranges collectively known as the Rockies.. The entire West is filled with mountains. It stretches across the entirety of the North American continent, continues down through central America (it's why Central America is above sea level) and on down through the entirety of South America. The North American portion is called 'the Rockies'.
Swan wrote:
The Rocky Mountains formed 80 million to 55 million years ago during the Laramide orogeny, in which a number of plates began sliding underneath the North American plate.

What plates? You weren't alive 55 million years ago. You are spewing religion again.
Swan wrote:
The angle of subduction was shallow, resulting in a broad belt of mountains running down western North America. Since then, further tectonic activity and erosion by glaciers have sculpted the Rockies into dramatic peaks and valleys. At the end of the last ice age, humans began inhabiting the mountain range.

You weren't alive to see this either. You are spewing religion again.
Swan wrote:
After explorations of the range by Europeans, such as Sir Alexander Mackenzie, and Anglo-Americans, such as the Lewis and Clark expedition, natural resources such as minerals and fur drove the initial economic exploitation of the mountains, although the range itself never experienced a dense population.

Folks like Lewis and Clark left detailed notes of their journeys through the Rockies, ending their journey westward at what is now known as Astoria, OR. They nearly died there from exposure to the cold and wet conditions prevalent there. They mapped out several paths across the mountains. I-84 follows the more commonly used Lewis and Clark trail. I-90 follows a somewhat less commonly used trail.

As far dense populations, you forget cities like Boise, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, and smaller towns like Bozeman, Pendleton, Baker, or Spokane.
Swan wrote:
What do you think created the Rocky mountain range, can't be vulcanism as you claimed

Some of it was, and some of it still is.
Swan wrote:
because the Rockies are made of sedimentary rock not igneous rock,

It is made of both. Much of it is granite, an igneous rock. Sedimentary layers come form weathering of such rock.
Swan wrote:
or do you still believe that the aliens created the rockies

The Rockies is a proper noun. It is capitalized.

For all I care. I really don't care if aliens created the Rockies, or if they formed as you say, or if they are the result of volcanic activity. You are the only one speculating about any of this. You don't know. You are trying to prove a circular argument. That's a fallacy.

For me, the Rockies are beautiful. Sure, they can make travel difficult in winter, but their majesty and beauty make up for it. They also provide water to not only the West, but far into the plains as well.


LOL you are now claiming that nothing was real before I was alive.

This clearly indicates that you are mentally ill, just like your Mother who is also your sister before you.

LOL times 100, I hate to break it to you moron but the Cascades and Sierra Nevada ranges are not part of the rockies.

So tell us again about your communist heroes that write your history?

So take your god damn schizzo meds already
Edited on 25-03-2022 20:22
25-03-2022 20:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19779)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
For all I care. I really don't care if aliens created the Rockies, or if they formed as you say, or if they are the result of volcanic activity. You are the only one speculating about any of this. You don't know. You are trying to prove a circular argument. That's a fallacy.

For me, the Rockies are beautiful. Sure, they can make travel difficult in winter, but their majesty and beauty make up for it. They also provide water to not only the West, but far into the plains as well.


LOL you are now claiming that nothing was real before I was alive.

Buzzword fallacy. Void statement.
Swan wrote:
This clearly indicates that you are mentally ill, just like your Mother who is also your sister before you.

Insult fallacy. Psychoquackery.
Swan wrote:
LOL times 100, I hate to break it to you moron but the Cascades and Sierra Nevada ranges are not part of the rockies.

'Rockies' is a proper noun. It is capitalized.
The Cascades AND the Sierra Nevada's are part of the Rocky Mountains. So is the Wasatch range, the Oquirrh range, the Chocolate range, the Siskiyou Range (where it comes right down into the sea), the Santa Rosa range, Couer d'Alene range (gateway to American Pass), Front range, San Juan range, etc.
Swan wrote:
So tell us again about your communist heroes that write your history?

I am not talking about history. Neither are you.
Swan wrote:
So take your god damn schizzo meds already

Psychoquckery. Insult fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-03-2022 21:07
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
For all I care. I really don't care if aliens created the Rockies, or if they formed as you say, or if they are the result of volcanic activity. You are the only one speculating about any of this. You don't know. You are trying to prove a circular argument. That's a fallacy.

For me, the Rockies are beautiful. Sure, they can make travel difficult in winter, but their majesty and beauty make up for it. They also provide water to not only the West, but far into the plains as well.


LOL you are now claiming that nothing was real before I was alive.

Buzzword fallacy. Void statement.
Swan wrote:
This clearly indicates that you are mentally ill, just like your Mother who is also your sister before you.

Insult fallacy. Psychoquackery.
Swan wrote:
LOL times 100, I hate to break it to you moron but the Cascades and Sierra Nevada ranges are not part of the rockies.

'Rockies' is a proper noun. It is capitalized.
The Cascades AND the Sierra Nevada's are part of the Rocky Mountains. So is the Wasatch range, the Oquirrh range, the Chocolate range, the Siskiyou Range (where it comes right down into the sea), the Santa Rosa range, Couer d'Alene range (gateway to American Pass), Front range, San Juan range, etc.
Swan wrote:
So tell us again about your communist heroes that write your history?

I am not talking about history. Neither are you.
Swan wrote:
So take your god damn schizzo meds already

Psychoquckery. Insult fallacy.


Must be fun being a schizzo and being able to recreate the World in whatever image that you choose.

Too bad that you never held a real job other than table wiper at booger king

http://holidaymapq.com/wp-content/uploads/map-cascade-mountains-3.jpg
25-03-2022 21:10
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19779)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
For all I care. I really don't care if aliens created the Rockies, or if they formed as you say, or if they are the result of volcanic activity. You are the only one speculating about any of this. You don't know. You are trying to prove a circular argument. That's a fallacy.

For me, the Rockies are beautiful. Sure, they can make travel difficult in winter, but their majesty and beauty make up for it. They also provide water to not only the West, but far into the plains as well.


LOL you are now claiming that nothing was real before I was alive.

Buzzword fallacy. Void statement.
Swan wrote:
This clearly indicates that you are mentally ill, just like your Mother who is also your sister before you.

Insult fallacy. Psychoquackery.
Swan wrote:
LOL times 100, I hate to break it to you moron but the Cascades and Sierra Nevada ranges are not part of the rockies.

'Rockies' is a proper noun. It is capitalized.
The Cascades AND the Sierra Nevada's are part of the Rocky Mountains. So is the Wasatch range, the Oquirrh range, the Chocolate range, the Siskiyou Range (where it comes right down into the sea), the Santa Rosa range, Couer d'Alene range (gateway to American Pass), Front range, San Juan range, etc.
Swan wrote:
So tell us again about your communist heroes that write your history?

I am not talking about history. Neither are you.
Swan wrote:
So take your god damn schizzo meds already

Psychoquckery. Insult fallacy.


Must be fun being a schizzo and being able to recreate the World in whatever image that you choose.

Too bad that you never held a real job other than table wiper at booger king


Insult fallacy. Psychoquackery. No argument presented.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-03-2022 22:52
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
For all I care. I really don't care if aliens created the Rockies, or if they formed as you say, or if they are the result of volcanic activity. You are the only one speculating about any of this. You don't know. You are trying to prove a circular argument. That's a fallacy.

For me, the Rockies are beautiful. Sure, they can make travel difficult in winter, but their majesty and beauty make up for it. They also provide water to not only the West, but far into the plains as well.


LOL you are now claiming that nothing was real before I was alive.

Buzzword fallacy. Void statement.
Swan wrote:
This clearly indicates that you are mentally ill, just like your Mother who is also your sister before you.

Insult fallacy. Psychoquackery.
Swan wrote:
LOL times 100, I hate to break it to you moron but the Cascades and Sierra Nevada ranges are not part of the rockies.

'Rockies' is a proper noun. It is capitalized.
The Cascades AND the Sierra Nevada's are part of the Rocky Mountains. So is the Wasatch range, the Oquirrh range, the Chocolate range, the Siskiyou Range (where it comes right down into the sea), the Santa Rosa range, Couer d'Alene range (gateway to American Pass), Front range, San Juan range, etc.
Swan wrote:
So tell us again about your communist heroes that write your history?

I am not talking about history. Neither are you.
Swan wrote:
So take your god damn schizzo meds already

Psychoquckery. Insult fallacy.


Must be fun being a schizzo and being able to recreate the World in whatever image that you choose.

Too bad that you never held a real job other than table wiper at booger king


Insult fallacy. Psychoquackery. No argument presented.


Facts.

1. You have never denied being a schizzo
2. You have not refuted never having had a real job
3. You still will not say what formed the Rockies if not plate tectonics as I said
4. You choose to argue for the sake of argument because without this you would have nothing to do.
5. Your Mommy wants you to stop wetting her bed
Edited on 25-03-2022 22:53
26-03-2022 01:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19779)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
For all I care. I really don't care if aliens created the Rockies, or if they formed as you say, or if they are the result of volcanic activity. You are the only one speculating about any of this. You don't know. You are trying to prove a circular argument. That's a fallacy.

For me, the Rockies are beautiful. Sure, they can make travel difficult in winter, but their majesty and beauty make up for it. They also provide water to not only the West, but far into the plains as well.


LOL you are now claiming that nothing was real before I was alive.

Buzzword fallacy. Void statement.
Swan wrote:
This clearly indicates that you are mentally ill, just like your Mother who is also your sister before you.

Insult fallacy. Psychoquackery.
Swan wrote:
LOL times 100, I hate to break it to you moron but the Cascades and Sierra Nevada ranges are not part of the rockies.

'Rockies' is a proper noun. It is capitalized.
The Cascades AND the Sierra Nevada's are part of the Rocky Mountains. So is the Wasatch range, the Oquirrh range, the Chocolate range, the Siskiyou Range (where it comes right down into the sea), the Santa Rosa range, Couer d'Alene range (gateway to American Pass), Front range, San Juan range, etc.
Swan wrote:
So tell us again about your communist heroes that write your history?

I am not talking about history. Neither are you.
Swan wrote:
So take your god damn schizzo meds already

Psychoquckery. Insult fallacy.


Must be fun being a schizzo and being able to recreate the World in whatever image that you choose.

Too bad that you never held a real job other than table wiper at booger king


Insult fallacy. Psychoquackery. No argument presented.


Facts.

Buzzword fallacy.
Swan wrote:
1. You have never denied being a schizzo

Psychoquackery. Insult fallacy.
Swan wrote:
2. You have not refuted never having had a real job

RQAA.
Swan wrote:
3. You still will not say what formed the Rockies if not plate tectonics as I said

I don't care. This religion of yours seems to matter to you, and you alone here.
Swan wrote:
4. You choose to argue for the sake of argument because without this you would have nothing to do.

You are describing yourself. Inversion fallacy.
Swan wrote:
5. Your Mommy wants you to stop wetting her bed

Insult fallacy.

Trolling. No argument presented.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 26-03-2022 01:56
26-03-2022 15:27
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
For all I care. I really don't care if aliens created the Rockies, or if they formed as you say, or if they are the result of volcanic activity. You are the only one speculating about any of this. You don't know. You are trying to prove a circular argument. That's a fallacy.

For me, the Rockies are beautiful. Sure, they can make travel difficult in winter, but their majesty and beauty make up for it. They also provide water to not only the West, but far into the plains as well.


LOL you are now claiming that nothing was real before I was alive.

Buzzword fallacy. Void statement.
Swan wrote:
This clearly indicates that you are mentally ill, just like your Mother who is also your sister before you.

Insult fallacy. Psychoquackery.
Swan wrote:
LOL times 100, I hate to break it to you moron but the Cascades and Sierra Nevada ranges are not part of the rockies.

'Rockies' is a proper noun. It is capitalized.
The Cascades AND the Sierra Nevada's are part of the Rocky Mountains. So is the Wasatch range, the Oquirrh range, the Chocolate range, the Siskiyou Range (where it comes right down into the sea), the Santa Rosa range, Couer d'Alene range (gateway to American Pass), Front range, San Juan range, etc.
Swan wrote:
So tell us again about your communist heroes that write your history?

I am not talking about history. Neither are you.
Swan wrote:
So take your god damn schizzo meds already

Psychoquckery. Insult fallacy.


Must be fun being a schizzo and being able to recreate the World in whatever image that you choose.

Too bad that you never held a real job other than table wiper at booger king


Insult fallacy. Psychoquackery. No argument presented.


Facts.

Buzzword fallacy.
Swan wrote:
1. You have never denied being a schizzo

Psychoquackery. Insult fallacy.
Swan wrote:
2. You have not refuted never having had a real job

RQAA.
Swan wrote:
3. You still will not say what formed the Rockies if not plate tectonics as I said

I don't care. This religion of yours seems to matter to you, and you alone here.
Swan wrote:
4. You choose to argue for the sake of argument because without this you would have nothing to do.

You are describing yourself. Inversion fallacy.
Swan wrote:
5. Your Mommy wants you to stop wetting her bed

Insult fallacy.

Trolling. No argument presented.


Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you respond to everything that I write because you do not care.

This is how a schizzo mind like yours works, or should I say tries to function
26-03-2022 17:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12978)
Swan wrote:Facts.

You don't know what a fact is.

Swan wrote:1. You have never denied being a schizzo

No sane person I know has ever denied being a schizzo (I like your term, by the way). Since Into the Night is sane, I expect no denial.

That leaves the schizzos who live in denial as the ones who deny being schizzos.

Swan wrote:2. You have not refuted never having had a real job

Correct. He has freely admitted to owning his own business and we both know that's not a real job. It's very complex.

Swan wrote:3. You still will not say what formed the Rockies if not plate tectonics as I said

You are mistating his position like a schizzo. He has stated that he didn't get a chance to watch the event because he was unavailable at the time. Then he asked you if you were fortunate enough to be in attendance and to observe the Rockies' formation and you have insisted that you were and that you did ... convincing me that you are a schizzo (great term, by the way).

Swan wrote:4. You choose to argue for the sake of argument because without this you would have nothing to do.

Having an argument is required to have a discussion. Having only pointless anecdotes supports preaching, not discussion. While I am certain that Into the Night has an interesting preaching or two in his hip pocket, he has shown a preference to discuss, as you have pointed out.

Swan wrote:5. Your Mommy wants you to stop wetting her bed

Was your entire post just one of projection?
26-03-2022 19:57
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Facts.

You don't know what a fact is.

Swan wrote:1. You have never denied being a schizzo

No sane person I know has ever denied being a schizzo (I like your term, by the way). Since Into the Night is sane, I expect no denial.

That leaves the schizzos who live in denial as the ones who deny being schizzos.

Swan wrote:2. You have not refuted never having had a real job

Correct. He has freely admitted to owning his own business and we both know that's not a real job. It's very complex.

Swan wrote:3. You still will not say what formed the Rockies if not plate tectonics as I said

You are mistating his position like a schizzo. He has stated that he didn't get a chance to watch the event because he was unavailable at the time. Then he asked you if you were fortunate enough to be in attendance and to observe the Rockies' formation and you have insisted that you were and that you did ... convincing me that you are a schizzo (great term, by the way).

Swan wrote:4. You choose to argue for the sake of argument because without this you would have nothing to do.

Having an argument is required to have a discussion. Having only pointless anecdotes supports preaching, not discussion. While I am certain that Into the Night has an interesting preaching or two in his hip pocket, he has shown a preference to discuss, as you have pointed out.

Swan wrote:5. Your Mommy wants you to stop wetting her bed

Was your entire post just one of projection?


Says the schizzo who pictures the gears that he believes he has in his brain spinning out of time.
26-03-2022 22:54
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12978)
Swan wrote:Says the schizzo who pictures the gears that he believes he has in his brain spinning out of time.

Are you saying that I don't have gears spinning in my brain? That's crazy talk.
Attached image:

27-03-2022 06:52
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
It is nice and cool today and overcast. Good weather for humans not too hot and not too cold.I am going to define climate in my own words.If it was like this for every day forever I could claim the climate has changed as we do no longer get the hot summer days or the winter storms.The Global warming chant lost traction with most humans about a year and a half ago as it just did not happen and the Northern Hemisphere recorded some super cold weather so it is hard to convince people that we are doomed when it is iced up and places in Canada are -40C.I would rather live in the hot than die in the cold.I personally watched the slogan go to Climate change and now few mention temperature.It is Greenhouse gasses change the climate directly. Its selling well but I may see a time when it fades away in my life when it just does not happen.At all costs ignore reality and run with the predictions.I suspect Sealover is a 20 year old uni student that is just excited
27-03-2022 14:58
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2711)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Says the schizzo who pictures the gears that he believes he has in his brain spinning out of time.

Are you saying that I don't have gears spinning in my brain? That's crazy talk.


Nice apartment you have there kid, and you are quite a decorator as well. Impressive
Edited on 27-03-2022 15:00
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate Why did global warming become climate change?:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact