★★★★★
(3055)
So why do Trump supporters like Trump?
05-12-2020 04:52
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
keepit wrote:

We like America being great as opposed to the alternative.

Why do you hate America? I hope you're not blaming the US for your learning disabilities.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-12-2020 05:17
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:

I really like his approach to taking a crap.

He shits in the toilet and not on the people, after which he wipes his ass with toilet paper instead of the constitution.

Why do you hate Trump?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
05-12-2020 15:35
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
keepit wrote:

His primary appeal is he is a champion for the tribes he's herded together. A champion in the combative sense. He hurts the enemy all day long and his side loves it. It's the pleasure of devisiveness and hate.

The blue states and the left tee'd it up for him with decades of humiliating "red necks" and "hill billys"

GasGuzzler wrote:
Why do you hate Trump?

Personally the #1 2 and 3 are his assault on our institutions and government. The attempt, and some success, in destroying oversight by a free press, separation of powers, free speech, democracy and above all else rational thought is all horrifying.

I'm actually most disturbed by the Republican purge where no dissent is tolerated or he'll Jeff Sessions you.

He is on track to destroy the country and turn us into a Russia/Turkey/bullshit authoritarian state where reporters get thrown out of windows.

For the record I happen to be registered as a Republican, voted for McCain and revere Barry Goldwater. I consider the ACLU to be the most important NGO we have. I'd be surprised if anyone else with that description didn't also loath Trump.
Edited on 05-12-2020 16:01
05-12-2020 17:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
I also support the right to life, the gun rights, i support fracking, stronger borders, and i think Trump is the right guy to deal with China. I don't support his incredible ignorance about things a college freshman would know.
05-12-2020 17:53
(14373)
tgoebbles wrote: [Trump's] primary appeal is [insult of Trump supporters deleted]

This is all leftists have. They cannot discuss issues. They have no ideas. They only know how to rule by fear and to quash any dissenting viewpoints ... which explains why they only have petty insults in their arsenals.

Yesterday we were "deplorables." Today we are mindless zombies mesmerized by Trump. It is easy to understand why Leftists learned nothing from Trump's election and have no idea why he was elected in the first place.

@ tgoebbles, you are forever a moron and a liar. You won't be fooling anyone.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-12-2020 18:17
(14373)
keepit wrote: I also support the right to life,

So you officially deny women the right to choose?

keepit wrote: ... the gun rights,

So you officially reject common sense legislation to reduce gun violence?

keepit wrote: I don't support his incredible ignorance about things a college freshman would know.

Why do morons like you suddenly cease to be specific and become totally vague and overgeneralizing when pretending to critique Trump?

List one specific policy pertaining to the official duties of the President of the United States on which Trump has failed.

Oh, I might add that you are in no position to bemoan anyone's ignorance on any topic, seeing as how you are completely ignorant on every topic, especially on topics pertaining to the ignorance of others.

05-12-2020 18:26
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
As usual you're wrong about almost everything you say about me. Get over it.
05-12-2020 18:40
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:

Too specific!!! Be more general please.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
05-12-2020 18:47
(14373)
keepit wrote: As usual you're wrong about almost everything you say about me.

I am exactly correct as long as you dishonestly EVADE my questions. It is obvious to everyone that I am spot on and that you are in denial about your cognitive shortcomings.

Let's run through it again and give you the opportunity to EVADE yet again and to reinforce my point:

keepit wrote: I also support the right to life,

So you officially deny women the right to choose?

keepit wrote: ... the gun rights,

So you officially reject common sense legislation to reduce gun violence?

keepit wrote: I don't support his incredible ignorance about things a college freshman would know.

Why do morons like you suddenly cease to be specific and become totally vague and overgeneralizing when pretending to critique Trump?

List one specific policy pertaining to the official duties of the President of the United States on which Trump has failed.

So let's be honest ... OK, OK, you aren't capable of doing that, I get it. Let's just silently recognize that you aren't able to answer my questions because you don't really support those policies you claim to support and that you dare not express any positions not approved by your political slavemasters.

... or you can surprise me with some honest, straightforward answers to my questions (which is not going to happen, is it?).

05-12-2020 19:34
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:

His primary appeal is he is a champion for the tribes he's herded together. A champion in the combative sense. He hurts the enemy all day long and his side loves it. It's the pleasure of devisiveness and hate.

The blue states and the left tee'd it up for him with decades of humiliating "red necks" and "hill billys"

Bigotry. Hate speech. TDS.
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Why do you hate Trump?

Personally the #1 2 and 3 are his assault on our institutions and government. The attempt, and some success, in destroying oversight by a free press,

No one is outlawing any press. CNN, MSNBC, the Associated Press, and FOX destroyed and damaged themselves.
tmiddles wrote:
separation of powers,

You are describing Democrats, not Trump. Inversion fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
free speech,

There is no law from the federal government limiting your speech.
tmiddles wrote:
democracy

The United States is not a democracy. It never was.
tmiddles wrote:
and above all else rational thought is all horrifying.

You are not being rational. You have about two dozen paradoxes you have never cleared, and at least a dozen questions you have never answered. Answer the questions put to you.
tmiddles wrote:
I'm actually most disturbed by the Republican purge where no dissent is tolerated or he'll Jeff Sessions you.

Trump can fire anyone on his staff that he wants, for any reason.
tmiddles wrote:
He is on track to destroy the country

You are describing Democrats again. Inversion fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
and turn us into a Russia/Turkey/bullshit

You are describing Democrats again.
tmiddles wrote:
authoritarian state

Democrats again.
tmiddles wrote:
where reporters get thrown out of windows.

No one is getting thrown out of windows. You are hallucinating. You are being irrational.
tmiddles wrote:
For the record I happen to be registered as a Republican, voted for McCain and revere Barry Goldwater.

I don't believe you.
tmiddles wrote:
I consider the ACLU to be the most important NGO we have.

Just like any Democrat.
tmiddles wrote:
I'd be surprised if anyone else with that description didn't also loath Trump.

Just like any Democrat.

You lie about people. You lie about what you said. You lie about what you know. You lie about what is in the Constitution. You lie about history. You're a liar through and through...just like Democrats.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
05-12-2020 19:36
(21559)
keepit wrote:
I also support the right to life, the gun rights,

Then why do you argue that guns should be limited??
keepit wrote:
i support fracking,

Then why do you argue that fracking should be limiited??
keepit wrote:
stronger borders,

Then why did you argue about Trump building the wall??
keepit wrote:
and i think Trump is the right guy to deal with China.

Then why did you support China??
keepit wrote:
I don't support his incredible ignorance about things a college freshman would know.

You are describing yourself.

You're a liar.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
05-12-2020 19:37
(21559)
keepit wrote:

He is dead right, liar.

The Parrot Killer

05-12-2020 22:28
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1029)
keepit wrote:

He is highly enterteining guy. An endless source for meme generators and a role model for those ( like me ) who need to "fake it till you make it". He also has small hands( mines are too, I have small girlish hands), it makes me somewhat related to him.
05-12-2020 23:23
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
keepit wrote:
I also support the right to life, the gun rights, i support fracking, stronger borders, and i think Trump is the right guy to deal with China. I don't support his incredible ignorance about things a college freshman would know.

Nobody is perfect in every way (you'd know that, if you read through some of your past posts)... There is more things to learn, than any one person can absorb in a lifetime, if they did nothing else. What good does it do, to only study, and never apply what you learn. Mostly, we study things we are interested in applying. Trump seems to have learned, and applied international business, and done well. Those skills are what we really need right now. America is missing a lot of business operatunity, throwing a lot of money way, wasteful, and inefficient. We need a good house cleaning, and getting back to the basics. There is no quick-fix, just dump a ton of tax dollars on it, and let somebody else deal with it in a few years. It wasn't going to be easy, or popular, but he tries to do, what we need done. We are paying 6 figures, to thousands of elected officials, to represent our best interests, and they are mostly representing their own financial interests, while we, the people are struggling to keep food on the table, roof over our heads. The House, knows the difference between emergency relief, and stimulus. So, why do the keep ignoring the emergency needs, and pushing for stimulus, that won't get used for months. They packed a lot of stimulus into the CARES Act, that the Senate didn't ask for, and hundreds of billions of that stimulus is still available.
05-12-2020 23:30
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: His primary appeal is ...the pleasure of devisiveness and hate.
This is all leftists have. ...Today we are mindless zombies
And I said:
tmiddles wrote: The blue states and the left tee'd it up for him with decades of humiliating "red necks" and "hill billys"
This was not something Trump invented or started he simply "hit back" at the smug condescending elites on the left coasts. His novelty has been in doing it so blatantly.

Into the Night wrote:
No one is outlawing any press. CNN, MSNBC, the Associated Press, and FOX destroyed and damaged themselves.
The Press is "legal" in Russia too. You might just fall out a window. Gianforte physically assaulted a reporter and Trump praised him for it. Trump has not just said he doesn't like certain press he proclaims that they are liars and calls upon his followers to tune them out. That is, within the Trump camp, an act of censorship no different than a cult leader telling followers not to read newspapers. But most of all he has, in his roll as a public servant, not opened his office and himself up to transparency through the press. No member of the press is present at many key missions and events and still no tax returns. His follower are instructed to support this.

Into the Night wrote:There is no law from the federal government limiting your speech.
Being physically assaulted or killed, and having the President praise and support that, is a very real attempt to limit speech.
Long list: https://www.vox.com/21506029/trump-violence-tweets-racist-hate-speech

Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...authoritarian state
Democrats again.
Hasn't happened yet. Good chance it will be the left. When a leftist Trump 2.0 comes on the scene advocating violence against the opposition, refusing to show their financial ties to foreign governments, and cancelling elections they don't like, it will be difficult for the right to make a credible complaint to centrists.

It's like expanding the powers of the President while your guy is in office. You will regret it later when someone you don't like is President.

Into the Night wrote:No one is getting thrown out of windows.
In Russia.
06-12-2020 02:54
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: His primary appeal is ...the pleasure of devisiveness and hate.
This is all leftists have. ...Today we are mindless zombies
And I said:
tmiddles wrote: The blue states and the left tee'd it up for him with decades of humiliating "red necks" and "hill billys"
This was not something Trump invented or started he simply "hit back" at the smug condescending elites on the left coasts. His novelty has been in doing it so blatantly.

Into the Night wrote:
The Press is "legal" in Russia too. You might just fall out a window. Gianforte physically assaulted a reporter and Trump praised him for it. Trump has not just said he doesn't like certain press he proclaims that they are liars and calls upon his followers to tune them out. That is, within the Trump camp, an act of censorship no different than a cult leader telling followers not to read newspapers. But most of all he has, in his roll as a public servant, not opened his office and himself up to transparency through the press. No member of the press is present at many key missions and events and still no tax returns. His follower are instructed to support this.

Into the Night wrote:There is no law from the federal government limiting your speech.
Being physically assaulted or killed, and having the President praise and support that, is a very real attempt to limit speech.
Long list: https://www.vox.com/21506029/trump-violence-tweets-racist-hate-speech

Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...authoritarian state
Democrats again.
Hasn't happened yet. Good chance it will be the left. When a leftist Trump 2.0 comes on the scene advocating violence against the opposition, refusing to show their financial ties to foreign governments, and cancelling elections they don't like, it will be difficult for the right to make a credible complaint to centrists.

It's like expanding the powers of the President while your guy is in office. You will regret it later when someone you don't like is President.

Into the Night wrote:No one is getting thrown out of windows.
In Russia.

The only press controlled by the government is NPR, idjgit.

The Parrot Killer

07-12-2020 16:33
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:

Too many reasons and not enough time to come up with an all inclusive list.

But, for starters:

** lower taxes
** lower unemployment
** lower gasoline prices
** booming economy
** energy independence
** moved embassy to Jerusalem
** building the border wall
** doesn't cower to leftist shenanigans
** tells the MSM to shove it where the sun don't shine
** continuously fights to defend/preserve the constitution and the USA
07-12-2020 17:05
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Why do you hate Trump?

Personally the #1 2 and 3 are his assault on our institutions and government.

Lovely... care to elaborate?

tmiddles wrote:
The attempt, and some success, in destroying oversight by a free press,

Much of the "free press" have destroyed themselves, the latest victim of such being FOX News... OANN, Newsmax, and RSBN are direct beneficiaries of the aforementioned self destruction. I laughed when I saw that, during Trump's Georgia rally, the live feed for RSBN had about a quarter of a million people watching it, meanwhile the live feed for FOX only had about 30ish thousand...

tmiddles wrote:
separation of powers,

How is Trump destroying this? It is DEMS who are destroying this. They wish to destroy the electoral college, pack SCOTUS, eliminate police and replace them with their own federal law enforcement, steal elections at all levels of government (via mail-in ballots, dominion machines, etc.)... ... ... DEMS are destroying separation of powers. THEY want ALL the power... These people are corrupt, evil, tyrannical, and Satanic.

tmiddles wrote:
free speech,

DEMS are destroying free speech, not Trump. DEMS are the ones who are censoring opposing viewpoints via "Big Tech"... DEMS are the ones who refuse to show full unedited speeches/interviews of anyone who opposes them.

You are a complete moron who is being duped by media psyops...

tmiddles wrote:
democracy

The USA is not, nor has it ever been, a democracy. It is a federated republic. It is ruled by a constitution, not by a mob of bratty children housed in adult bodies...

tmiddles wrote:
and above all else rational thought is all horrifying.

Again, it is DEMS attempting to destroy rational thought. THEY are the ones attempting to censor "wrongthink", and ban it, and eliminate it from the public sphere. As far as I am concerned, they can shove their evil corrupt tyrannical Satanism where the sun don't shine.

tmiddles wrote:

Trump has every right to "hire and fire" regarding the positions that he appoints.

tmiddles wrote:
He is on track to destroy the country and turn us into a Russia/Turkey/bullshit authoritarian state where reporters get thrown out of windows.

Again, that is what the DEMOCRATS are doing... THEY wish to destroy our federated republic and turn it into a communist oligarchy where THEY are the "elite class" and YOU are the "peasant class".

tmiddles wrote:
For the record I happen to be registered as a Republican,

I don't believe you.

tmiddles wrote:
voted for McCain

I don't believe you.

tmiddles wrote:
and revere Barry Goldwater.

I don't believe you.

tmiddles wrote:

You sound like a Democrat.

tmiddles wrote:

Edited on 07-12-2020 17:30
07-12-2020 17:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:

But, for starters:

** lower taxes
** lower unemployment
** lower gasoline prices
** booming economy
** energy independence

Kind of a shame he didn't lower your taxes while he lowered his. Kind of like McConnell saying he was fighting for coal jobs which he was.......in China.
I think he gives you something to believe in. Then again those who supported Hitler in the 1930's said the same things. Hitler revived Germany's economy because of deficit spending. Trump always had a $ Trillion deficit.
Hitler also encouraged neonationalism just as Trump has done.
Trump doesn't control gas prices. An over production by some oil exporting countries is what lowered them.

Positives about Trump;
He supports the sex industry and it's not sexual assault when you're paying for the privilege of groping women.
He knows that greatness starts at home. Why his wife is a foreign national and not an American.
It's not cheating on your pregnant wife but supporting feminism when you pay for sex.
Trump is pro life. Why he has sex with sooo many different women.

And he lowered GFM's taxes. Instead of GFM receiving a tax refund at the end of the year, that money isn't taken out of his paycheck. ie., his "larger" paycheck and no year end tax refund is an example of his taxes being lowered.
07-12-2020 17:08
(3314)
keepit wrote:
I also support the right to life, the gun rights, i support fracking, stronger borders, and i think Trump is the right guy to deal with China.

I don't believe you.

keepit wrote:
I don't support his incredible ignorance about things a college freshman would know.

... such as??
07-12-2020 17:14
(3314)
keepit wrote:

... so he's right about SOME of the things he says about you?? Is your abysmally low batting average one of those things by any chance?
07-12-2020 17:33
(3314)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:

But, for starters:

** lower taxes
** lower unemployment
** lower gasoline prices
** booming economy
** energy independence

Kind of a shame he didn't lower your taxes while he lowered his. Kind of like McConnell saying he was fighting for coal jobs which he was.......in China.
I think he gives you something to believe in. Then again those who supported Hitler in the 1930's said the same things. Hitler revived Germany's economy because of deficit spending. Trump always had a $ Trillion deficit.
Hitler also encouraged neonationalism just as Trump has done.
Trump doesn't control gas prices. An over production by some oil exporting countries is what lowered them.

Positives about Trump;
He supports the sex industry and it's not sexual assault when you're paying for the privilege of groping women.
He knows that greatness starts at home. Why his wife is a foreign national and not an American.
It's not cheating on your pregnant wife but supporting feminism when you pay for sex.
Trump is pro life. Why he has sex with sooo many different women.

And he lowered GFM's taxes. Instead of GFM receiving a tax refund at the end of the year, that money isn't taken out of his paycheck. ie., his "larger" paycheck and no year end tax refund is an example of his taxes being lowered.

Did he lower my taxes or not? You can't seem to make up your mind... You're also acting as if you know more about my personal finances than I do...
07-12-2020 19:19
(14373)
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Does he sound like a Democrat who approves of violence and looting and murder if perpetrated by a Democrat-approved victim group and who thinks that anything can be legitimately destroyed if it will help usher in a Marxist regime?

Does he sound like a standard intellectual coward who won't offer direct answers to questions posed to him about his professed positions and who would gleefuly force law-abiding citizens into total defenselessness and then into violent situations against armed criminal mobs of Democrat-approved victim groups?

I ask because that's kind of how he sounds to me.
Attached image:

07-12-2020 19:57
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Does he sound like a Democrat who approves of violence and looting and murder if perpetrated by a Democrat-approved victim group and who thinks that anything can be legitimately destroyed if it will help usher in a Marxist regime?

Does he sound like a standard intellectual coward who won't offer direct answers to questions posed to him about his professed positions and who would gleefuly force law-abiding citizens into total defenselessness and then into violent situations against armed criminal mobs of Democrat-approved victim groups?

It's what he is.

The Parrot Killer

07-12-2020 21:40
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Indeed. That's what he sounds like to me as well.
08-12-2020 10:48
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Personally the #1 2 and 3 are his assault on our institutions and government.
To preface you can do things which are not illegal that are wrong. Most of what I have been horrified to see Trump do is not "illegal" in the "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" sense of the word.

1- A presidency should not attempt to interfere with and manipulate the judicial branch of governments check on his power. Nixon most famously violated this in seeking the firing of Archibald Cox. Trump to this day hates Jeff Sessions for recusing himself from having control over an investigation he was the subject of, because Trump wanted Sessions to interfere on his behalf.
Roger Stone was convicted of felonies he committed to benefit Trump, and trump set aside his 40 month prison sentence. Pretty much legalizes crime if it is committed for Trump's benefit and is a gross abuse of his pardoning power.

2 - Oversight by the people through the press. Trump has routinely excluded reporters from covering him doing his job. We can't be there so we depend on reports to report on it. He simply lied about sharing information, his tax returns, and the people remain in the dark on that information. But more than that he has made it his mission to destroy a free press. He has celebrated reporters being physically assaulted (Gianforte) and loves a guy who has them thrown out windows (Putin). He is the father of the "post truth" epoch and it's the single most lethal thing to our free country.

3 - Demoncracy and freedom from Tyranny. Trump has embraced nearly every despot in the world and praised them. He announced before the 2016 election that he would only accept the results if he won and talked a great deal about the fraudulent process.

2018 "In many places, like California, the same person votes many times. You've probably heard about that. They always like to say that's a conspiracy theory. Not a conspiracy theory, folks, Millions and millions of people."

He's had 4 years to fix things or find real evidence of the "fraud" but here we are as he seeks to circumvent free and fair election to retain power. He has broken with the whole history of our country in rejecting the results of an election.

He's either a liar or so helpless as pressident he can't find a single fraudulent voter when there are "millions and millions". He simply wants to undermine democracy itself. And tyrants smile to see him do it.
Edited on 08-12-2020 11:19
08-12-2020 16:57
(14373)
tgoebbles wrote: To preface you can do things which are not illegal that are wrong.

Sure, I guess. Let's mix apples and oranges.
Legal/Illegal = objective
Right/Wrong = subjective

tgoebbles wrote: 1- A presidency should not attempt to interfere with and manipulate the judicial branch of governments check on his power.

Trump has not done that. The problem here is that you are a moron who simply doesn't know anything which totally prevents you from recognizing Trump's efficient and effective performance of official duties. The problem is on your end.

tgoebbles wrote: Trump to this day hates Jeff Sessions for recusing himself from having control over an investigation he was the subject of, because Trump wanted Sessions to interfere on his behalf.

The problem here is that you are a delusional moron who sincerely believes he can read people's minds. You assign absurd positions to people, e.g. to Trump, to me, etc..., and then waste everybody's time by attacking those absurd positions that you yourself assigned.

If only I had a nickel for every bit of bandwidth you have wasted, I'd buy a Caribbean island.

tgoebbles wrote: Roger Stone was convicted of felonies he committed to benefit Trump,

Roger Stone was railroaded by a tyrannical deep state and fortunately for We the People, Trump is on our side and is single-handedly tearing it down. Shiitt like you like to see law-abiding citizens imprisoned while violent criminals destroy the country with impunity. Fukk you.

tgoebbles wrote: Trump has routinely excluded reporters from covering him doing his job.

Nope. Trump has routinely excluded troublesome activists from hindering him. There are very few actual reporters left.

tgoebbles wrote: We can't be there so we depend on reports to report on it.

We are down to only about three news outlets now: Newsmax, Epoch Times and one other. There are no longer any reporters covering the White House.

tgoebbles wrote: But more than that he has made it his mission to destroy a free press.

You are blaming Trump for prior news agencies taking themselves out of the honest reporting business. They willingly did it themselves. How do you pretend Trump had anything to do with it?

tgoebbles wrote: Trump has embraced nearly every despot in the world and praised them.

The problem here is that you denigrate diplomacy, which falls within the official duties of the President. Instead of the miraculous peace in the Middle East that Trump has ushered in, you would have us enter into endless wars just to kill people around the world because you hate humanity.

tgoebbles wrote: He announced before the 2016 election that he would only accept the results if he won and talked a great deal about the fraudulent process.

It is rare that we get such an honest President who can foresee major problems and ameliorate them proactively. Unfortunately, despite his wisdom, not even he foresaw the profound extent of the Democrat treachery. At least now the Democrats have tipped their hand and We the People can insist on election security measures to forever prevent the Democrats from stealing elections.

We should officially declare "Democrat" to be a verb that means "to dishonestly attempt to subvert the will of We the People."

tgoebbles wrote: He's had 4 years to fix things

Those kinds of things are for We the People to fix. The most Trump can do is to bring it all to our attention, which he has done. Now it is all up to us.

08-12-2020 17:31
(5193)
Reporters, or professionals, expected to behave as such, and follow certain rules, and ethics. Some people confuse tabloid entertainment, as news, and actual reporting. These tabloid reporters are the ones removed from events, roughly, sometimes assaulted. I'm pretty sure, I'd likely punch some jackass shoving something an inch or two from my face, even when asked to stop, or back off. Normal people are smart enough to keep at least an arm's distance away, from people they don't know intimately/trust, to avoid getting pimp-slapped.

You need to choose between being informed by journalists, or entertained by idiots from the tabloids. Trump has never had a problem, or been a problem, for professional journalists.

I don't get the obsession over Trump's tax returns. They are very intimate, personal, and private for almost everyone. Personally, I'm more suspicious of the ones that just whip it out, to prove they are honest. There isn't likely to be anything illegal, reported on anybody's tax form, since the IRS would be alerted. That's what accountants are hire to do, make sure everything on there is legal. Trump's tax returns aren't just about him, it also would contain names of other people, and companies, he's done business with. The left, and the media, want to go after those people, just like they do with Trump. Negative media can destroy companies, and individual's lives. Trump doesn't care what they media has to say about him, but he does respect other people enough, not to subject them. The media is just being denied another fishing expeditions, for headline entertainment value.

Trump employs some of the best accountants and tax preparers available. Nothing illegal on the forms. They do know the tax laws as well as the IRS, and use them to Trump's best advantage. Vast majority of Americans pay to have their taxes prepared for them, to maximize their refunds. Nothing wrong with hiring the best, to squeeze out a few more dollars. After all, a lot of those tax dollars collected, just gets handed out to parasites, that don't even pay taxes...
08-12-2020 17:54
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Personally the #1 2 and 3 are his assault on our institutions and government.
To preface you can do things which are not illegal that are wrong.

Correct. There is a difference between legality and morality. Additionally, legality is objective and morality (especially with regard to epistemology) is subjective.

tmiddles wrote:
Most of what I have been horrified to see Trump do is not "illegal" in the "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" sense of the word.

What "other sense of the word" is there? Murder is illegal. Thankfully, Trump was just using colorful language to point out how well-liked he is by his supporters. Colorful language, while it might offend someone, is perfectly legal. The fact that such a statement triggers TDS sufferers is simply an added bonus.

tmiddles wrote:
1- A presidency should not attempt to interfere with and manipulate the judicial branch of governments check on his power. Nixon most famously violated this in seeking the firing of Archibald Cox. Trump to this day hates Jeff Sessions for recusing himself from having control over an investigation he was the subject of, because Trump wanted Sessions to interfere on his behalf.
Roger Stone was convicted of felonies he committed to benefit Trump, and trump set aside his 40 month prison sentence. Pretty much legalizes crime if it is committed for Trump's benefit and is a gross abuse of his pardoning power.

Trump has never attempted any such thing. It is actually DEMOCRATS who are attempting to do that (via "packing the courts"). Trump has not abused his pardoning power either.

tmiddles wrote:
2 - Oversight by the people through the press. Trump has routinely excluded reporters from covering him doing his job. We can't be there so we depend on reports to report on it.

He has not excluded any of the very few reporters who remain. He has only, at times, excluded the many activists who lie about being "reporters".

tmiddles wrote:
He simply lied about sharing information, his tax returns, and the people remain in the dark on that information.

No, he didn't, and there is no requirement for a President to release his tax returns.

tmiddles wrote:
But more than that he has made it his mission to destroy a free press.

He has not destroyed the press. The press have destroyed themselves by being activists rather than journalists. Smaller networks (such as OANN, Newsmax, and RSBN) have directly benefited from this.

tmiddles wrote:
He has celebrated reporters being physically assaulted (Gianforte) and loves a guy who has them thrown out windows (Putin).

LIES.

tmiddles wrote:
He is the father of the "post truth" epoch and it's the single most lethal thing to our free country.

No, Trump is defending the truth. It is largely DEMOCRATS who are making a "post truth" push. It is THEY who:

** pretend that a conceived child is not a person until it exits the womb (or even for a while afterwards).
** pretend that there are hundreds of different genders.
** pretend that religious theories are science.
** pretend that global temperature, CO2 content, sea level, and other related values are known.
** pretend that hydrocarbons come from fossils.
** pretend that tomatoes are vegetables.
** pretend that masks, six feet, plastic wrappings/barriers, and etc can stop viruses.
** pretend that the ozone layer is being destroyed.
** pretend that CO2 is warming the Earth.
** pretend that girls are boys and boys are girls.
** pretend that mental health disorders are healthy behavior.
** pretend that guns kill people.
** pretend that the USA is a democracy.
** pretend that socialism is not theft.
** pretend that price controls (such as minimum wages) are beneficial.
** pretend that deaths via pneumonia, heart disease, and other ailments are all deaths via covid.
** pretend that activism is unbiased journalism.

I could go on and on, but I think I have made my point...

tmiddles wrote:
3 - Demoncracy and freedom from Tyranny. Trump has embraced nearly every despot in the world and praised them.

LIE. He has not.

tmiddles wrote:
He announced before the 2016 election that he would only accept the results if he won and talked a great deal about the fraudulent process.

LIE. He said no such thing.

tmiddles wrote:
2018 "In many places, like California, the same person votes many times. You've probably heard about that. They always like to say that's a conspiracy theory. Not a conspiracy theory, folks, Millions and millions of people."

... and Trump is right about that. There is definitely a lot of fraud, especially in large Democrat controlled cities. Last month's election is solid evidence of that.

tmiddles wrote:
He's had 4 years to fix things or find real evidence of the "fraud" but here we are as he seeks to circumvent free and fair election to retain power.

Continued denial of election fraud evidence already presented to you...

tmiddles wrote:
He has broken with the whole history of our country in rejecting the results of an election.

No he hasn't.

tmiddles wrote:
He's either a liar or so helpless as pressident he can't find a single fraudulent voter when there are "millions and millions".

Continued denial of election fraud evidence already presented to you...

tmiddles wrote:
He simply wants to undermine democracy itself.

The USA is not a democracy.

tmiddles wrote:
And tyrants smile to see him do it.

Those countries want Biden to win, not Trump.

You continue to be a complete moron...
Edited on 08-12-2020 18:15
08-12-2020 21:48
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
To preface you can do things which are not illegal that are wrong. Most of what I have been horrified to see Trump do is not "illegal" in the "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" sense of the word.

What Democrats did to the election is illegal. What Democrats have done support and fund thugs in the streets burning and pillaging is illegal. What Democrats have done to attempt to overrule the authority of the President and the Senate is illegal.
tmiddles wrote:
1- A presidency should not attempt to interfere with and manipulate the judicial branch of governments check on his power. Nixon most famously violated this in seeking the firing of Archibald Cox. Trump to this day hates Jeff Sessions for recusing himself from having control over an investigation he was the subject of, because Trump wanted Sessions to interfere on his behalf.Neither Archibald Cox nor Jeff Sessions were in the judicial branch of government.
[quote]tmiddles wrote:

Nope. Roger Stone was convicted as a political prisoner by a politically biased judge and jury.
tmiddles wrote:
2 - Oversight by the people through the press. Trump has routinely excluded reporters from covering him doing his job.

Printing Fake News is not their job. Writing fiction is not their job. Interfering with press briefings is not their job.
tmiddles wrote:
We can't be there so we depend on reports to report on it.

They are not writing reports. They are writing fiction.
tmiddles wrote:
He simply lied about sharing information, his tax returns, and the people remain in the dark on that information.

The President is not required to publish his tax returns. You can remain the dark. You have no right to see his tax returns.
tmiddles wrote:
But more than that he has made it his mission to destroy a free press.

No, he hasn't. He has simply pointed out how places like CNN and MSNBC write fiction and call it 'news'. They do. They have done it for a long time....long before Trump.
tmiddles wrote:
He has celebrated reporters being physically assaulted (Gianforte) and loves a guy who has them thrown out windows (Putin). He is the father of the "post truth" epoch and it's the single most lethal thing to our free country.

Never has, liar.
tmiddles wrote:
3 - Demoncracy and freedom from Tyranny.

The United States is not a democracy and never was.
tmiddles wrote:
Trump has embraced nearly every despot in the world and praised them.

No, he hasn't. Fake News.
tmiddles wrote:
He announced before the 2016 election that he would only accept the results if he won and talked a great deal about the fraudulent process.

Never did. Fake News.
tmiddles wrote:

Trump is right.
tmiddles wrote:
He's had 4 years to fix things or find real evidence of the "fraud" but here we are as he seeks to circumvent free and fair election to retain power. He has broken with the whole history of our country in rejecting the results of an election.

Fake ballots are not an election.
tmiddles wrote:
He's either a liar

No, that would be YOU.
tmiddles wrote:
or so helpless as pressident he can't find a single fraudulent voter when there are "millions and millions".

Election fraud is not a fraudulent voter, but fraudulent voters are part of election fraud.
tmiddles wrote:
He simply wants to undermine democracy itself.

The United States is not a democracy and never was.
tmiddles wrote:
And tyrants smile to see him do it.

Fake News.

The Parrot Killer

09-12-2020 10:37
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:...Roger Stone was railroaded by a tyrannical deep state ...
And there we have it. You just tossed the system out in favor of fascism.

The justice department is "deep state" or whatever you want to call it and it can be discarded in favor of autocratic rule.

HarveyH55 wrote:I don't get the obsession over Trump's tax returns. They are very intimate, personal, and private...
It's been a tradition of transparency. No president in the last 100 years has been so suspect as having foreign financial influence as Trump due to the nature of his business. He has literally pursued business projects in Moscow prior to becoming the best friend Moscow has ever had in the White house.

* With the exception of Gerald Ford, who released a tax summary, every president from Nixon to Obama has released his full tax returns to the public.

But let's not forget the Trump promised to do it.

He lied.

gfm7175 wrote:...morality (especially with regard to epistemology) is subjective..
I don't agree but that's a broader philosophical topic.

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...Roger Stone was convicted of felonies he committed to benefit Trump, and trump set aside his 40 month prison sentence. Pretty much legalizes crime if it is committed for Trump's benefit ...

Trump has never attempted any such thing.
Explain to me how anyone committing a crime for Trump's benefit (as Roger Stone did) would not take comfort in the knowledge that he'd likely pardon them if it came to that?

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
3 - Demoncracy and freedom from Tyranny. Trump has embraced nearly every despot in the world and praised them.

LIE. He has not...

Erdogan:
"Well, thank you very much. It's my honor to be with a friend of mine, somebody I've become very close to, in many respects, and he's doing a very good job: the President of Turkey." (June 29, 2019)

Putin:
"The man has very strong control over a country," he said. "Now, it's a very different system and I don't happen to like the system, but certainly in that system, he's been a leader. Far more than our president has been a leader." (September 7, 2016)

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Trump said. "And the candidate like Crooked Hillary Clinton,...who is truly capable of anything, including voter fraud."
"...I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election — if I win,"
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
He has broken with the whole history of our country in rejecting the results of an election.

No he hasn't.
Really? And where is the a pecedent for what he is doing?
09-12-2020 13:05
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Trump's time running out: US reaches 'safe harbour'
Joe Biden moved one formal step closer to the White House on Tuesday.

The end of Tuesday (7pm Wednesday AEDT) marked the so-called safe harbour deadline, which is generally accepted as the date by which all state-level election challenges — such as recounts and audits — are supposed to be completed.

Broadly, that means that Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the presidential election are nearing the end of the line. After the deadline, state courts would most likely have to throw out any new lawsuit challenging the result.

That's because election results that have been certified by the states are now considered conclusive, and by law those states' electoral college votes must be counted by Congress. Every state but Hawaii has certified its results, and Biden has secured more than the 270 electoral votes needed to become president.

The safe harbour deadline would normally pass without much notice, but it feels especially notable this year as Trump and his allies try to subvert the election process.

An obscure passage of the Electoral Count Act of 1887 says that any disputes in a state over the results of an election must be settled "at least six days before the time fixed for the meeting of electors". Federal law says the electoral college must vote on the Monday after the second Wednesday in December — this year, December 14.

Safe harbour does not technically end the lawsuits of Trump and his allies, but it makes them much harder to pursue.

Currently, there are only a few state-level lawsuits unresolved, including some in Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

One open question is whether federal lawsuits can continue after the safe harbour deadline, though it is likely that they can and will. There are also three federal lawsuits remaining — two in Wisconsin and one in Arizona — and they will almost certainly wrap up soon.

The Trump campaign appear to be undeterred from filing more election-related lawsuits, even though they have lost nearly 50 cases.

I copied and pasted this.Is it true or part of the conspiracy.
09-12-2020 15:23
(14373)
duncan61 wrote: Trump's time running out: US reaches 'safe harbour'

January 20th is the only actual deadline. It is when the next Presidential term begins.

All others are merely artificial/arbitrary timelines that can be modified/adjusted.

In fact, if no candidate has 270 electoral votes then the entire electoral college timeline goes out the window and a different process is implemented.

We'll have to keep our eyes focused on January 20th otherwise we'll risk taking our eyes off the ball.

09-12-2020 16:22
(3979)
duncan61 wrote:
Trump's time running out: ...
I think he has already succeeded in mortally wounding the country. I give it 20 more years tops before we get a Putin.

Also remember Trump is raking in about $7,000,000 a day in sucker money so he's making out very well in this.
09-12-2020 17:25
(5193)
All the court case will be resolved, even if some take years... Trump can withdraw them at anytime, but they were filed, and the courts are obligated to see them through. They may not change the election results, but they can still effect future elections, and also hold a few people accountable for their bad deeds, in this one.

It's really unsure how all this is going to work out. Been a strange year, and even stranger election. We really can't expect the media, to give use anything that doesn't support the liberal's hopes and dreams, of power and control over everything. Hope some of these lawsuits we stop them from seizing control over our election process.
09-12-2020 19:42
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:...morality (especially with regard to epistemology) is subjective..

Thank you. I should clarify. My claim was made without making any consideration to the existence of any particularly defined god/s, as I tend to keep religious views out of my posts as much as possible (although at times I can't help but refer to certain actions as 'Satanic').

Without the existence of any particularly defined god/s (the Christian God that I believe in does happen to fit the required definition), I can't think of any possible way that morality could be objective, as morality would then always be the result of some sort of opinion (or some sort of socio-biological pressures that are based on survival), which would be inherently subjective. However, with the existence of any particularly defined god/s, such as the Christian God, it can then be argued that morality is objective (which is the viewpoint that I ascribe to, based on my particular theistic beliefs).

Of course, if one were to argue that "God's will" is the source of morality, then morality would still be subjective, since that would amount to being God's opinion, which is inherently subjective. But, if one were to instead argue that God is, by nature, morally "good" (IOW, that 'moral perfection' is a specific property of God), then that would mean that morality is objective, as there would now be an external standard [God's nature] to compare the morality of one's actions against. IOW, there would now be a way of objectively determining "good" and "evil", in the same way that one would objectively determine "high-fidelity" and "low-fidelity" by comparing the fidelity of sound recording/playback equipment against the "perfect fidelity" of a live orchestra.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

LIE. He has not...

Erdogan:
"Well, thank you very much. It's my honor to be with a friend of mine, somebody I've become very close to, in many respects, and he's doing a very good job: the President of Turkey." (June 29, 2019)

Putin:
"The man has very strong control over a country," he said. "Now, it's a very different system and I don't happen to like the system, but certainly in that system, he's been a leader. Far more than our president has been a leader." (September 7, 2016)

Praising a particular quality of a person, or being friendly towards a person, is not praising everything about a person nor is it embracing despotism.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Trump said. "And the candidate like Crooked Hillary Clinton,...who is truly capable of anything, including voter fraud."
"...I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election — if I win,"

I doubt that's the full quote in full context.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

No he hasn't.
Really? And where is the a pecedent for what he is doing?

The Constitution of the USA.
Edited on 09-12-2020 19:46
09-12-2020 21:55
(21559)
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

Thank you. I should clarify. My claim was made without making any consideration to the existence of any particularly defined god/s, as I tend to keep religious views out of my posts as much as possible (although at times I can't help but refer to certain actions as 'Satanic').

Without the existence of any particularly defined god/s (the Christian God that I believe in does happen to fit the required definition), I can't think of any possible way that morality could be objective, as morality would then always be the result of some sort of opinion (or some sort of socio-biological pressures that are based on survival), which would be inherently subjective. However, with the existence of any particularly defined god/s, such as the Christian God, it can then be argued that morality is objective (which is the viewpoint that I ascribe to, based on my particular theistic beliefs).

Of course, if one were to argue that "God's will" is the source of morality, then morality would still be subjective, since that would amount to being God's opinion, which is inherently subjective. But, if one were to instead argue that God is, by nature, morally "good" (IOW, that 'moral perfection' is a specific property of God), then that would mean that morality is objective, as there would now be an external standard [God's nature] to compare the morality of one's actions against. IOW, there would now be a way of objectively determining "good" and "evil", in the same way that one would objectively determine "high-fidelity" and "low-fidelity" by comparing the fidelity of sound recording/playback equipment against the "perfect fidelity" of a live orchestra.

It's simpler than that. Whether one believes the Bible is true or not, it contains a character named Satan that has the characteristics you describe, and have attributed to Democrats and their attempt to control everything.

It doesn't matter whether one actually believe Satan is fiction or not. The character as described in the Bible does exist as that character. Comparisons can be made against that character just as surely as comparisons can be made against Hobbits or Cheshire cats.

The Parrot Killer

09-12-2020 22:26
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

It's simpler than that. Whether one believes the Bible is true or not, it contains a character named Satan that has the characteristics you describe, and have attributed to Democrats and their attempt to control everything.

It doesn't matter whether one actually believe Satan is fiction or not. The character as described in the Bible does exist as that character. Comparisons can be made against that character just as surely as comparisons can be made against Hobbits or Cheshire cats.

Good point. Thanks for the simplification!
11-12-2020 02:11
(3979)
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
...without making any consideration to the existence of any particularly defined god/s, ....
Objective morality does not require a deity. Honesty is objective I think you'd agree. From there you have a large portion of basic morality covered. Those who describe themselves as atheist, ironically, usually reference an universal morality and can read a priest the riot act on how amoral their religion is. But that's a big topic all it's own, though certainly interesting.

gfm7175 wrote:..."good" and "evil", in the same way that one would objectively determine "high-fidelity" and "low-fidelity" ...
But good/evil translates to right/wrong. A stereo making sound and not making sound is also objective.

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...Trump...Putin:
"...he's been a leader. Far more than our president has been a leader."

Praising a particular quality of a person, or being friendly towards a person, is not praising everything about a person nor is it embracing despotism.
Certainly true and one nice thing about Presidents if you have a track record and a lot to work with. Trump's interview Oreilly when Orielly called Putin a killer and Trump defended him says it all. But he's had ample opportunity to set the record straight.

gfm7175 wrote:I doubt that's the full quote in full context.
Well those are Trump's words. Investigate further as you please.

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...where is the a pecedent for what he is doing?

The Constitution of the USA.
I precedent I should have written. He is the first US president to reject the election. So there is no precedent from a President.
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate why:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact