Remember me
▼ Content

Why cant we suck carbon out of the air?

Why cant we suck carbon out of the air?26-08-2019 03:19
fishfood5266
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Hi, Im new to this site and this topic so excuse my naivete but I understand sucking carbon out of the air and converting it to a solid has been talked about before and the limitations being that it costs a lot of energy. Is there a study about that I can learn about more? Or could someone elaborate on the requirements? Thanks!
26-08-2019 03:22
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
fishfood5266 wrote:
Hi, Im new to this site and this topic so excuse my naivete but I understand sucking carbon out of the air and converting it to a solid has been talked about before and the limitations being that it costs a lot of energy. Is there a study about that I can learn about more? Or could someone elaborate on the requirements? Thanks!

News to me. Found this:
http://nationswell.com/sucking-carbon-air-help-save-planet/
26-08-2019 03:25
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14375)
fishfood5266 wrote:
Hi, Im new to this site and this topic so excuse my naivete but I understand sucking carbon out of the air and converting it to a solid has been talked about before and the limitations being that it costs a lot of energy.

Why would you want to do this? Are you trying to kill all life on earth? Do you hate humanity?

What could possibly be going through your head?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-08-2019 03:27
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
Why would you want to do this?

Hey if someone found a way to do it cheaply it would derail the entire issue! Think about that IBdaMann.

When I was a little kid I thought there was a monster under the bed. My parents took to legs off the bed frame and set it on the ground. Game over.
Edited on 26-08-2019 03:34
26-08-2019 03:40
(14375)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Hey if someone found a way to do it cheaply it would derail the entire issue!

No, it would create the issue. Plants would die. All life would soon follow.

Only a humanity-hating Marxist would find that acceptable.

Wait, you are a Marxist.

This is why we non-Marxists want to pump as much CO2 into the atmosphere that we can so when the loony manipulated wingnuts start pulling crap like this, we can save humanity and all life on the planet.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-08-2019 04:28
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
You do realize that CO2 is sort of a rare gas? It's only about 0.04% (being generous) of the total atmosphere. You would need a whole lot of these machines, requiring power. You would also need to move a lot of air through them. A very costly proposal, and we'll be needing all that cash, resources, and labor, to convert everything over to greener energy, so eventually, we aren't producing all that CO2, meaning those devices would soon become useless.

Plants already suck CO2 out of the air, and convert it to solids, we, and every other living thing on the plant depend on for food. Every living thing is based on carbon molecules. Plants are the only things the metabolize carbon from atmosphere, CO2. If we artificially remove CO2, plants are going to be deficient, produce less nutritious food. Doesn't matter if you are herbivore, omnivore, or carnivore, plants are the food, of the critters you'll eat. I'd trade a couple degrees warmer, if it means more, and healthier food. What good is going 'green', if we all end up starving, and fighting over Soylent Green?

To bad James hasn't been around, he's got this invention to suck carbon out of the air. Well, more of an idea, really. Since he doesn't have the funds or the skills, and his surgery related disability prevents him from working.

Google 'Greenhouse CO2 Augmentation' sometime, to get a little perspective on how much CO2 plant need, to grow really strong and fast, healthy plants. You'll wonder how they survive on what little they suck out of the air...
26-08-2019 04:35
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote: Wait, you are a Marxist.
And you are???:

HarveyH55 wrote:how much CO2 plant need,
Yeah it's an interesting "side effect"
tmiddles wrote:
Wow this is really interesting! I had no idea
co2-is-making-earth-greener

In the last 35 year's "The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States."
Natural feedback loop.
26-08-2019 13:29
(14375)
tmiddles wrote:
[quote]IBdaMann wrote: Wait, you are a Marxist.

26-08-2019 14:56
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
Karl Marx

Oh yeah

You got me good

I'm so Marxist.

I guess that's why you can't explain how a person in a 70F room doesn't freeze to death

Living a lie must be exhausting
Edited on 26-08-2019 15:11
26-08-2019 19:16
(14375)
tmiddles wrote:
Oh yeah

You got me good

I'm so Marxist.

As long as we got that cleared up, great, however if you prefer "Sandersist" then I suppose we could accomodate. Mox nix.

tmiddles wrote:I guess that's why you can't explain how a person in a 70F room doesn't freeze to death

Don't you recall? I was a heavy participant in that thread. I took the time to clearly and thoroughly explain everything and to exhaustively debunk your bogus "net flow" argument, even to the point of ruining your little parlor trick by pointing out how you swapped equations when you thought no one was looking.

Are you now asking for a "do over"?

Go ahead and start reading here and avoid ignoring what I wrote, but also notice all that you wrote, about how you understood everything, about how it all makes sense, about things being clear all the stuff you then promptly deny starting here and throughout the subsequent posts.

If you want to get back to the point where you understood everything before you began denying everything, review the posts. All the answers are there. By re-reading them you can get familiar with the material to which I will be directing your attention in the future so I don't have to repeat myself.

You really should pay more attention.

26-08-2019 19:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
fishfood5266 wrote:

We don't need to suck carbon out of the air. Carbon naturally falls out of the air, especially when it rains.

We don't need to build a machine to suck carbon dioxide (a completely different material than carbon) out of the air. Plant some vegetation. Grass, shrubs, trees, anything. Oh by the way, your contribution by doing so will make no significant difference.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-08-2019 19:23
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Hey if someone found a way to do it cheaply it would derail the entire issue! Think about that IBdaMann.

When I was a little kid I thought there was a monster under the bed. My parents took to legs off the bed frame and set it on the ground. Game over.

Are you sure? That monster could've quite possibly just live under the flattened area and ooze out to get you!

Guess you didn't think of that as a kid!

It is cheap. Plant something. It makes no significant difference, but at least you have a garden.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-08-2019 19:25
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Karl Marx

Oh yeah

You got me good

I'm so Marxist.

I guess that's why you can't explain how a person in a 70F room doesn't freeze to death

Living a lie must be exhausting

He already did, liar.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Why cant we suck carbon out of the air?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Terrestrial Agroecosystems82709-02-2024 03:41
Happy fourth of July. I wonder how many liberals are eating carbon cooked burgers106-07-2023 23:52
Uses for solid carbon3006-07-2023 23:51
Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Wetlands9623-06-2023 14:49
Biden wants to force 'carbon capture'821-06-2023 12:55
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact