Remember me
▼ Content

Why Apocalyptic Claims About Climate Change Are Wrong

Why Apocalyptic Claims About Climate Change Are Wrong04-04-2022 01:36
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/2019/11/25/why-everything-they-say-about-climate-change-is-wrong/?sh=3c5f9feb12d6

Few have underscored the threat more than student climate activist Greta Thunberg and Green New Deal sponsor Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The latter said, "The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change." Says Thunberg in her new book, "Around 2030 we will be in a position to set off an irreversible chain reaction beyond human control that will lead to the end of our civilization as we know it."

Sometimes, scientists themselves make apocalyptic claims. "It's difficult to see how we could accommodate a billion people or even half of that," if Earth warms four degrees, said one earlier this year. "The potential for multi-breadbasket failure is increasing," said another. If sea levels rise as much as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change predicts, another scientist said, "It will be an unmanageable problem."

Greta Autistic Moron Thunpuke
04-04-2022 05:36
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
Swan wrote:If sea levels rise as much as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change predicts, another scientist said, "It will be an unmanageable problem."

Rumors of Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, UFO aliens, Chupacabra and of actual IPCC predictions persist to this day. Nobody has any evidence of any.
04-04-2022 08:33
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Shouldn't there be some accountability for failed prophecies? We pay these prophets a lot of tax dollars, and assured the predictions are highly accurate and correct. A lot of our tax dollars are wasted, based on these failed prophecies.
04-04-2022 10:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Shouldn't there be some accountability for failed prophecies? We pay these prophets a lot of tax dollars, and assured the predictions are highly accurate and correct. A lot of our tax dollars are wasted, based on these failed prophecies.

Tired of the theft? So am I. So are a lot of people.

Sooner or later, it will be dealt with.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-04-2022 16:06
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:If sea levels rise as much as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change predicts, another scientist said, "It will be an unmanageable problem."

Rumors of Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, UFO aliens, Chupacabra and of actual IPCC predictions persist to this day. Nobody has any evidence of any.

Actually the IPCC has made many predictions so you might have meant to say confirmed IPCC predictions of which there are zero

Join the debate Why Apocalyptic Claims About Climate Change Are Wrong:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Every time I say that this board is dead, someone says something to prove me wrong, but901-01-2024 05:08
It is not if, but when will North become South and the Geese will fly the wrong way7824-11-2023 03:35
LOL the unsecret service claims that they found cocaine in the White House and called the fire dept004-07-2023 20:42
A conservative website that gets it wrong about Global Warming320-06-2023 19:34
As I said, Quantum Experiment Shows How Einstein Was Wrong416-05-2023 21:31
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact