Remember me
▼ Content

Who do the denialist trolls really hurt?


Who do the denialist trolls really hurt?09-11-2015 14:32
trafnProfile picture★★★☆☆
(779)
IBdaMann wrote: What science have you reviewed and understand that convinced you that Global Warming will prevent my grandchildren from having grandchildren? (link)


@IBdaDenialistTroll - Your grandchildrens' grandchildren will never die, because, due to denialist trolls like you, they will never be born.

On the bright side, you'll never have to worry about them being ashamed or embarrassed by what you're doing.


The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!

Edited on 09-11-2015 14:42
13-11-2015 19:39
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14545)
trafn wrote:
@IBdaDenialistTroll - Your grandchildrens' grandchildren will never die, because, due to denialist trolls like you, they will never be born.

Your personal dogma has it that the imminent Globo-Bake fate of planet earth was sealed last century at Spindletop because of the greedy capitalistic greed of capitalism, and now there's nothing anyone can do but wait like prisoners on death row.

So how are those who disagree with you today suddenly responsible for your asserted imminent Globo-Bake fate of the planet?

trafn wrote: On the bright side, you'll never have to worry about them being ashamed or embarrassed by what you're doing.

What, exactly is it I am "doing" about which my descendents would otherwise be "ashamed"? Disagreeing with you? Recognizing that you are batshit crazy? Going with what science says? What?


I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-10-2018 02:21
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
trafn wrote:
IBdaMann wrote: What science have you reviewed and understand that convinced you that Global Warming will prevent my grandchildren from having grandchildren? (link)


@IBdaDenialistTroll - Your grandchildrens' grandchildren will never die, because, due to denialist trolls like you, they will never be born.

On the bright side, you'll never have to worry about them being ashamed or embarrassed by what you're doing.

Tell us what your credentials are. I find that those who are the most ardent of AGW True Believers have no science training whatsoever and have gotten their total understanding of AGW from a Popular Mechanics article written by someone equally unqualified.
10-08-2023 12:34
tom123
☆☆☆☆☆
(4)
Denialist trolls can hurt a variety of individuals, groups, and even society as a whole. Denialist trolls are people who spread misinformation, deny established facts, or downplay significant issues, often without credible evidence or valid reasoning. Their actions can have several negative consequences:

General Public: Denialist trolls can mislead the general public by spreading false information, leading to confusion and misinformation. This can hinder people's ability to make informed decisions and contribute to a lack of trust in reliable sources of information.

Vulnerable Communities: Denialism can disproportionately impact vulnerable communities, especially in cases where denialism pertains to serious issues like public health. For instance, spreading misinformation about vaccines can put people who are unable to receive vaccines (due to medical conditions) at greater risk.

Public Health: Denialist trolls who spread misinformation about health issues can undermine public health efforts. This is particularly concerning during outbreaks of infectious diseases, as misinformation can discourage people from taking appropriate preventive measures or seeking timely medical attention.

Climate Change: Denialist trolls who deny or downplay the reality of climate change can hinder global efforts to address this critical issue. Delaying action on climate change can lead to severe environmental and societal consequences.

Science and Progress: Denialism can hinder scientific progress by promoting skepticism without valid evidence. This can slow down research, impede the development of solutions, and hinder innovation.

Social Cohesion: Denialist trolls can contribute to the polarization of society by promoting conspiracy theories and misinformation. This can create divisions and erode trust among different groups of people.

Victims of Tragedies: Denialist trolls who deny or downplay tragic events such as natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or mass shootings can cause additional pain and suffering to the victims and their families. Their actions can dismiss the significance of these events and prevent meaningful conversations about prevention and response.

Policy and Decision-Making: When misinformation spreads, it can influence policy decisions based on inaccurate information. This can lead to ineffective or harmful policies that do not address the actual issues at hand.

Credible Sources: Denialist trolls can erode trust in credible sources of information, such as reputable news outlets, scientific institutions, and expert opinions. This can make it difficult for the public to differentiate between accurate information and falsehoodshttps://upscalevalley.com/blog/how-to-cancel-a-walmart-pickup-order-step-by-step-screenshots/
10-08-2023 15:49
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14545)
tom123 wrote: Denialist trolls can hurt a variety of individuals, groups, and even society as a whole.

Back up a step. Before you begin, you need to accomplish the following:

1. Define a "denialist troll."
2. Clearly define the domain of denial
3. Clearly define the injury being inflicted
4. Show injury caused/incurred
5. Show a clear causal chain

tom123 wrote: Denialist trolls are people who spread misinformation,

Actors in commercials.

tom123 wrote: deny established facts,

You don't know what the word "fact" means.
You don't understand the passive voice.

You need to learn about these first. Until then, your posts will be invalid drivel.

tom123 wrote: or downplay significant issues, often without credible evidence or valid reasoning.

Actors in commercials simply read off of scripts.

tom123 wrote: Their actions can have several negative consequences:

General Public: [actors in commercials] can mislead the general public by spreading false information, leading to confusion and misinformation. This can hinder people's ability to make informed decisions and contribute to a lack of trust in reliable sources of information.

You have to take the good with the bad. Businesses want to get the word out about their goods and services so they choose how they advertise. They aren't going to provide documentaries. They are going to make commercials that are aimed at getting you to buy their products/offerings.

tom123 wrote: Vulnerable Communities: Denialism can disproportionately impact vulnerable communities, especially in cases where denialism pertains to serious issues like public health.

Fraud and injury are illegal. We already have laws dealing with these blights.

tom123 wrote: For instance, spreading misinformation about vaccines can put people who are unable to receive vaccines (due to medical conditions) at greater risk.

This doesn't make sense. How are people who are unable to receive vaccines affected by misinformation about vaccines?

tom123 wrote: Public Health: Denialist trolls who spread misinformation about health issues can undermine public health efforts.

I know what you mean. All the previous disinformation about facemasks offering protection against viruses totally destroyed the public's confidence in the medical community.

tom123 wrote: This is particularly concerning during outbreaks of infectious diseases, as misinformation can discourage people from taking appropriate preventive measures or seeking timely medical attention.

... or as we saw during the COVID-19 flu season, people were fraudulently scammed into a false panic, believing the flu season was somehow so much more than a standard but milder-that-normal flu season. Governments all over the world then abused people's rights and curtailed freedoms on a scale unlike we have ever seen.

tom123 wrote: Climate Change: Denialist trolls who deny or downplay the reality of climate change can hinder global efforts to address this critical issue.

The weather has been changing everywhere forever. This is not a critical issue. It is entirely normal. There are no global efforts to somehow stop the weather from changing anywhere, even less everywhere.

tom123 wrote: Delaying action on climate change can lead to severe environmental and societal consequences.

The societal consequences of inclement weather are inconvenience at most. This does not get classified as "severe."

tom123 wrote: Science and Progress: Denialism can hinder scientific progress by promoting skepticism without valid evidence.

Science is strengthened by skepticism. Religions are injured by skepticism. It sounds like denialism strengthens science and injures the Climate Change religion. Is this your point?

tom123 wrote: Social Cohesion: Denialist trolls can contribute to the polarization of society by promoting conspiracy theories and misinformation.

Marxist trolls polarize society by engaging in conspiracies, with election-stealing and COVID-hoax being the latest big ticket scams perpetrated.

tom123 wrote: This can create divisions and erode trust among different groups of people.

That's what Marxist trolls do. Divide and conquer. Marxist evil never sleeps.

tom123 wrote: Victims of Tragedies: Denialist trolls who deny or downplay tragic events such as natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or mass shootings can cause additional pain and suffering to the victims and their families.

Marxist trolls who create mass shootings create incalculable suffering by creating defenselessness zones and then compulsorily herding our children into them to be shot at the convenience of the first armed criminal who passes by.

Nobody has ever caused much suffering by falsely claiming that the hurricane or tornado that just occurred never really existed.

tom123 wrote:Their actions can dismiss the significance of these events and prevent meaningful conversations about prevention and response.

Show me a meaningful conversation about controlling the weather.

tom123 wrote:Policy and Decision-Making: When misinformation spreads, it can influence policy decisions based on inaccurate information. This can lead to ineffective or harmful policies that do not address the actual issues at hand.

You must be talking about how Louisiana Democrats kept insisting that New Orleans was totally safe, despite existing on the coast and below sea level. They specifically hindered, for decades, the development of any evacuation plans or emergency procedures for the eventuality of New Orleans being flooded. When New Orleans inevitably flooded, they blamed the sitting (Republican) President at the moment, i.e. George Bush and then insisted that he "did it" out of RACISM! I totally get where you're coming from.

tom123 wrote: Credible Sources: Denialist trolls can erode trust in credible sources of information, such as reputable news outlets, scientific institutions, and expert opinions.

The sources themselves erode the public's confidence in them as sources when they become shills for Marxist organizations, when they abandon science and begin preaching the Marxist party line.

.


I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
10-08-2023 19:46
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
New 'sock' Resurrectionist, continue the doctor's work?
11-08-2023 15:35
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14545)
HarveyH55 wrote: New 'sock' Resurrectionist, continue the doctor's work?

Imagine the desperation. Someone needs a captive, internet audience that will agree with everything, won't critique anything and who is willing to consider him a professor guru sensei seer expert science authority on the premise that some people who wrote a paper on phenols allowed his name to be tacked onto the author list.
11-08-2023 17:26
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote: New 'sock' Resurrectionist, continue the doctor's work?

Imagine the desperation. Someone needs a captive, internet audience that will agree with everything, won't critique anything and who is willing to consider him a professor guru sensei seer expert science authority on the premise that some people who wrote a paper on phenols allowed his name to be tacked onto the author list.


Likely dedicate his life to the field, but just didn't get the recognition, or appreciation he'd hoped for, and quickly forgotten as the years passed. Maybe he hopes 'climate-change' can resurrect/create something for him. Probably to late to add in the required references to climate-change, to get grant money, and a Nobel Prize. Maybe he can hitch a ride, if someone references his work in some way.
11-08-2023 19:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14545)
HarveyH55 wrote: Maybe he can hitch a ride, if someone references his work in some way.

That's the elephant in the room. It's not his work. He was allowed to attach his name ... at the end. It was someone else's research on phenols. You did notice, however, his avoidance of saying "our research" or even more correctly "their research" in deference to saying "my research."
11-08-2023 21:03
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote: Maybe he can hitch a ride, if someone references his work in some way.

That's the elephant in the room. It's not his work. He was allowed to attach his name ... at the end. It was someone else's research on phenols. You did notice, however, his avoidance of saying "our research" or even more correctly "their research" in deference to saying "my research."


Have to admit, I've never really read any of his papers, and scroll past the copy/paste crap. Never did find his library on the site.
11-08-2023 21:25
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14545)
HarveyH55 wrote:Have to admit, I've never really read any of his papers

As far as I can tell, it's only one paper, and the use of the word "library" could be replaced with "manila envelope."

Polyphenol Control of Nitrogen Release from Pine Litter

Zengshou Yu
Randy A. Dahlgren
Kristina A. Vogt
Robert R. Northup

21 September 1995


Wait! I misspoke. Whereas I could only find one document previously, I have since found a second:

Polyphenols as Regulators of Plant-Litter-Soil Interactions in Northern California's Pygmy Forest: A Positive Feedback?

Robert R. Northup
Randy A. Dahlgren
John G. McColl

Vol. 42, No. 1/2, Plant-Induced Soil Changes: Processes and Feedbacks (Aug., 1998), pp. 189-220 (32 pages)
RE: welcome tom12312-08-2023 21:47
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(793)
tom123 wrote:
Denialist trolls can hurt a variety of individuals, groups, and even society as a whole. Denialist trolls are people who spread misinformation, deny established facts, or downplay significant issues, often without credible evidence or valid reasoning. Their actions can have several negative consequences:

General Public: Denialist trolls can mislead the general public by spreading false information, leading to confusion and misinformation. This can hinder people's ability to make informed decisions and contribute to a lack of trust in reliable sources of information.

Vulnerable Communities: Denialism can disproportionately impact vulnerable communities, especially in cases where denialism pertains to serious issues like public health. For instance, spreading misinformation about vaccines can put people who are unable to receive vaccines (due to medical conditions) at greater risk.

Public Health: Denialist trolls who spread misinformation about health issues can undermine public health efforts. This is particularly concerning during outbreaks of infectious diseases, as misinformation can discourage people from taking appropriate preventive measures or seeking timely medical attention.

Climate Change: Denialist trolls who deny or downplay the reality of climate change can hinder global efforts to address this critical issue. Delaying action on climate change can lead to severe environmental and societal consequences.

Science and Progress: Denialism can hinder scientific progress by promoting skepticism without valid evidence. This can slow down research, impede the development of solutions, and hinder innovation.

Social Cohesion: Denialist trolls can contribute to the polarization of society by promoting conspiracy theories and misinformation. This can create divisions and erode trust among different groups of people.

Victims of Tragedies: Denialist trolls who deny or downplay tragic events such as natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or mass shootings can cause additional pain and suffering to the victims and their families. Their actions can dismiss the significance of these events and prevent meaningful conversations about prevention and response.

Policy and Decision-Making: When misinformation spreads, it can influence policy decisions based on inaccurate information. This can lead to ineffective or harmful policies that do not address the actual issues at hand.

Credible Sources: Denialist trolls can erode trust in credible sources of information, such as reputable news outlets, scientific institutions, and expert opinions. This can make it difficult for the public to differentiate between accurate information and falsehoodshttps://upscalevalley.com/blog/how-to-cancel-a-walmart-pickup-order-step-by-step-screenshots/




Welcome tom123

Yes, climate denial has already done great harm.

An ounce of prevention would have been worth a pound of cure.

I don't know if you already gave up on the website.

If you have read the comments here and wonder what they are talking about, they are suggesting that you are not who you claim to be.

They seem to think that you are me in disguise.

But they say I'm not who I claim to be, either.

College drop outs attempt to discredit my knowledge of environmental science.

Actually, I was FIRST author of the 1995 Nature paper being talked about.

Did it before I even finished a PhD.

But what if I had just been riding someone else's coat tails?

Getting credit for a major discovery in the world's most prestigious scientific journal, but not really being the first author...

Well, that proves that the college drop outs are FAR more credible than I am.

You may have already decided that it is a complete waste of time to try to have a rational discussion with scientifically illiterate trolls.

At least there is no risk that their disinformation campaign will persuade ANYONE, anywhere, ever to stop their efforts to address climate change.

Their has been a shift is public awareness, especially in the past three years.

It is no longer just a theoretical thing that might happen someday.

People are seeing climate change impact their own lives, close to home.
12-08-2023 22:14
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Have to admit, I've never really read any of his papers

As far as I can tell, it's only one paper, and the use of the word "library" could be replaced with "manila envelope."

Polyphenol Control of Nitrogen Release from Pine Litter

Zengshou Yu
Randy A. Dahlgren
Kristina A. Vogt
Robert R. Northup

21 September 1995


Wait! I misspoke. Whereas I could only find one document previously, I have since found a second:

Polyphenols as Regulators of Plant-Litter-Soil Interactions in Northern California's Pygmy Forest: A Positive Feedback?

Robert R. Northup
Randy A. Dahlgren
John G. McColl

Vol. 42, No. 1/2, Plant-Induced Soil Changes: Processes and Feedbacks (Aug., 1998), pp. 189-220 (32 pages)


Wow, top billing on the second article, and only 3 years... No others? A one-hit wonder in the ClimoBioChemist field, bummer...




Join the debate Who do the denialist trolls really hurt?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Suing oil companies over climate change will only hurt taxpayers019-03-2019 13:31
Trolls in heat603-02-2017 22:16
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact