Remember me
▼ Content

Where's the Snow?

Page 1 of 212>
Where's the Snow?31-10-2019 02:57
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
I know, snow is rare in Florida, but we have still been enjoying summer weather, with little induction of a climate change anytime soon. Still about a month left in hurricane season, but the last couple possibles, failed, so guess we are done for the year.

October should be a snow month for many up north. Maybe not blizzards, or anything to gain national attention, but there should be some normal snow falling some places. Just curious, we are still in the low 90s, where we'd normally have had at least a few cooler days by now (low 80s). Hopefully, it's another mild winter, and doesn't drop down into the 40s again...
31-10-2019 05:41
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I know, snow is rare in Florida, but we have still been enjoying summer weather, with little induction of a climate change anytime soon. Still about a month left in hurricane season, but the last couple possibles, failed, so guess we are done for the year.

October should be a snow month for many up north. Maybe not blizzards, or anything to gain national attention, but there should be some normal snow falling some places. Just curious, we are still in the low 90s, where we'd normally have had at least a few cooler days by now (low 80s). Hopefully, it's another mild winter, and doesn't drop down into the 40s again...

Eastern Iowa....
Oct snow is pretty rare.

3'' Sunday night and 4' more tonight. Recorded historical highs are normally in the 50s. We've been in the 30s. Guess we need more CO2 in these parts. I'll try harder to pull my weight.

Looks to be in the top 3 coldest Halloweens on record.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 31-10-2019 05:42
31-10-2019 10:00
(5193)
GasGuzzler wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Eastern Iowa....
Oct snow is pretty rare.

3'' Sunday night and 4' more tonight. Recorded historical highs are normally in the 50s. We've been in the 30s. Guess we need more CO2 in these parts. I'll try harder to pull my weight.

Looks to be in the top 3 coldest Halloweens on record.

That kind of sucks. Growing up on the side of mountain in Oregon, snow in October wasn't uncommon, but not much accumulation. We had to wait until around Thanksgiving, for possible school closures, but that was 16 inches on the roads.

Halloween was less supervised, when I was a kid, lot of kids, few adults. The adults were more concerned the small kids might get lost or hurt, not because of crime.
31-10-2019 16:20
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Morning update....

4.5" of snow at my house overnight, localized 6".

Schools running on normal schedule (although superintendents will get a serious ass chewing. Wrecks everywhere, air ambulance dispatched to one of them, power lines knocked over in another crash, interstates 80 closed with a jackknifed big rig)

This sucks Harvey! You got a spare bedroom for me in Florida?
31-10-2019 17:46
(5193)
Jesus! Don't they know how to drive on snow in Iowa? I guess Oregon was a lot different, winters were worse, but the roads were wet from the constant rain most of the year. We really only got 3-4 months of reasonable dry weather in the summer/fall. That's why I stick to the back roads down here, let the tourist, and careless drivers have the main roads. Usually quicker anyway, little traffic, fewer lights and stop signs, speed limit not strictly enforced.

That's not really a lot of snow, guess people haven't gotten into winter mode yet. put on the snow tires and such. I didn't have the money for them fancy tires, so just made sure I had some tread, and learn to keep in in control. Didn't have people playing with cell phone then either.

Heard on the radio, that Orlando should break a 100 year old record high today, but we expect a cold front in a few days, might drop down into the high 70s, for a day... Sorry, but I had my winter fun growing up, and don't miss it a bit.
01-11-2019 04:50
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Jesus! Don't they know how to drive on snow in Iowa?

80% percent of us can drive on snow just fine. It's the other 20% that....

Just bought a 4 wheel drive and think they are invincible.

Forgot they had to be pulled out of a ditch last year.

Believe anti lock brakes will save them from the bumper 20 ft in front of them.

Feel the need to take a photo of the bad roads while driving to warn their friends on Snapchat.

Just got their license after summer time drivers ed.

Set the cruise control to maintain proper winter driving speed.

Think being on time to work is more important than someones life.

...on and on and on.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
01-11-2019 05:38
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
GasGuzzler wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Jesus! Don't they know how to drive on snow in Iowa?

80% percent of us can drive on snow just fine. It's the other 20% that....

Just bought a 4 wheel drive and think they are invincible.

Forgot they had to be pulled out of a ditch last year.

Believe anti lock brakes will save them from the bumper 20 ft in front of them.

Feel the need to take a photo of the bad roads while driving to warn their friends on Snapchat.

Just got their license after summer time drivers ed.

Set the cruise control to maintain proper winter driving speed.

Think being on time to work is more important than someones life.

...on and on and on.

Sounds like some of the twits here. We also have those folks that abandon their cars in the middle of the freeway at the sight of single snowflake.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-11-2019 05:08
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Another 5 inches of snow to greet me out the door this morning. Record lows for tonight are around 5 F. Forecast lows well below zero, -3 F where I'm at. Records for cold should be smashed all over the Midwest tonight. Yes, it still sucks. But, I have no doubt when we have a 50 degree Christmas this will be long forgotten and they will be singing God Rest Ye Warmer Gentlemen.
Edited on 12-11-2019 05:09
12-11-2019 06:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
It's snowing right now in Kentucky. Wish it'd be enough to go skiing.

Someone that I'm acquainted with who lives in Austin, Texas said it was 36° F. when they went to work and 36° F. when they were headed home.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tSQUGG2mF2VgYfFLA
Edited on 12-11-2019 06:11
12-11-2019 17:18
(5193)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Another 5 inches of snow to greet me out the door this morning. Record lows for tonight are around 5 F. Forecast lows well below zero, -3 F where I'm at. Records for cold should be smashed all over the Midwest tonight. Yes, it still sucks. But, I have no doubt when we have a 50 degree Christmas this will be long forgotten and they will be singing God Rest Ye Warmer Gentlemen.

And Global Warming is such a bad thing... In your case, I don't imagine 1 C warmer really matters all that much. Or official cold season still hasn't started, didn't make to 50 or less yet. Did get down in the 60s last night though. Haven't been watching much TV, the cooler weather is the best time to do home repairs, get heavy work done outside. Going to mow the lawn one last time this year. Few tall weeds in the front yard, grass is a little tall, but not so bad I'd normally mow. The backyard needs though, tall enough for the cat to hid in some places. Neighbors just moved out, so it great timing, get to trim some of those tree limbs hanging over the fence, before new renters move in.
26-12-2019 18:41
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Lord have mercy on us in 2020!!! A month and a half ago I predicted a 50 degree Christmas. It smashed all expectations and hit 59 degrees yesterday! Global warming is upon us in full forcings!

What do you think James? Is this because of the Norway jet stream weather pattern?

26-12-2019 19:38
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Lord have mercy on us in 2020!!! A month and a half ago I predicted a 50 degree Christmas. It smashed all expectations and hit 59 degrees yesterday! Global warming is upon us in full forcings!

What do you think James? Is this because of the Norway jet stream weather pattern?

It's the jet stream. I take it you haven't looked at any weather maps. It's possible that this is still affecting it. https://www.climate.gov/news-features/blogs/enso/april-2019-el-ni%C3%B1o-update-you-are-here
http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display_alt.cgi?a=npac_250
https://www.wunderground.com/maps/wind/jet-stream
Anyway, the jet stream passing over Texas and Oklahoma is probably causing a high pressure area which brings warmer weather. All this does is help to explain why the jet stream dissipates as it moves towards the Middle East.
It's moved. The jet stream is predicted to move south from the north of Norway while the jet stream crossing the Atlantic Ocean will be sometimes interacting with it and sometimes breaking off to the south of the northerly flow.
http://squall.sfsu.edu/scripts/jetstream_atl_model_fcst.html
By the way, this might help to cool off Moscow as well. As the jet stream moves across the Atlantic it can pull Arctic air down between the 2 parts of the jet stream.
This is information you could look up but you probably wouldn't know where to start. It's not my responsibility to educate you about how weather events in the ocean affects the jet stream which affects the weather. Me, I think you're just being an a$$hole.
Edited on 26-12-2019 19:54
26-12-2019 21:00
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gasguzzler, calling the jet stream the "Norwegian jet stream" is a bigoted statement. IMHO that's to discourage people from considering what influences the jet stream and in return how it influences the weather. Then the next thing you know someone will say the government didn't teach them what they needed to know.
I mean right now people could be learning something about the jet stream instead of about bigotry.
26-12-2019 22:07
(21559)
GasGuzzler wrote:

So far the Pacific Northwest has seen warmer than usual temperatures in December. A welcome break from last year!

Of course, we tend to get our snow in January, when the temperatures of the nearby ocean water finally reaches it's lowest value for the year (about 2-3 weeks after solstice).

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-12-2019 00:16
(5193)
We had a disappointing Christmas again this year. No snow, as usual, but it only got up to 78 F this year. What happened to global warming? A few days ago, Ft. Lauderdale airport was shutdown, due to flooding! Oh no! Rising sea levels, the whole state is sinking under water! Well, that's the headline hype. Anyway, with cold fronts, we get rain, and they had overnight thunderstorms, about 12 inches of rain. The airport was back open shortly after noon. Probably wouldn't have made the news, if it wasn't holiday traffic. The flooding seemed to be just the airport, and a few streets near it. Sounds like the need to clear the storm drainage a little.
27-12-2019 03:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And it looks like the jet stream is bringing record temps to the midwest among other things. If the jet stream was coming through B.C., Canada it'd probably bring an arctic blast or cooler weather anyway. Almost wonder if Stevens or Snoqualmie Pass is getting much snow out of this. That's what Seattle kind of relies on for fresh water, snow melt.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/strong-storm-hitting-southwest-threat-snow-record-warmth/story?id=67929223&cid=clicksource_4380645_null_headlines_hed
27-12-2019 04:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
James___ wrote:A month and a half ago I predicted a 50 degree Christmas. It smashed all expectations and hit 59 degrees yesterday! Global warming is upon us in full forcings!

GasGuzzler, you're a total bigot. You think that just because those Norwegians prance around with their white privilege on full display that they somehow own all planetary jet streams. Only a bigotted white supremacist would presume that if Global Warming is baking the US that it somehow must be white Norwegians who control that. Maybe Nigerian lives matter. Did you ever think of that?

Ooops, I take that back ... it turns out you were right. It *is* the Norwegian jet stream passing over Iowa. Nevermind. I only make mistakes like that because I really care.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
27-12-2019 04:34
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And the 10 day forecast for Cedar Rapids, Iowa, it's actually colder at night when no precipitation is in the forecast. Strange. The weather forecast supports the opinion that cloud cover helps to increase insolation in the atmosphere at night.
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Cedar+Rapids+IA?canonicalCityId=864169961f17aef534130151d03945ac529b44592ec051d6bab7b52727b819a2

I just checked, warmer during the day too. Just wonder if it's relative to the kinetic energy of the clouds and barometric pressure. You know, they keep the atmosphere "excited".
Edited on 27-12-2019 04:41
27-12-2019 05:10
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:A month and a half ago I predicted a 50 degree Christmas. It smashed all expectations and hit 59 degrees yesterday! Global warming is upon us in full forcings!

GasGuzzler, you're a total bigot. You think that just because those Norwegians prance around with their white privilege on full display that they somehow own all planetary jet streams. Only a bigotted white supremacist would presume that if Global Warming is baking the US that it somehow must be white Norwegians who control that. Maybe Nigerian lives matter. Did you ever think of that?

Ooops, I take that back ... it turns out you were right. It *is* the Norwegian jet stream passing over Iowa. Nevermind. I only make mistakes like that because I really care.

The problem might be that GasGuzzler didn't know anything about the jet stream until now. And now he knows that the jet stream and the Pacific Ocean influences the weather where he lives. C'est la view, n'est pas? Il est.
27-12-2019 05:19
(21559)
James___ wrote:
And it looks like the jet stream is bringing record temps to the midwest among other things. If the jet stream was coming through B.C., Canada it'd probably bring an arctic blast or cooler weather anyway. Almost wonder if Stevens or Snoqualmie Pass is getting much snow out of this. That's what Seattle kind of relies on for fresh water, snow melt.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/strong-storm-hitting-southwest-threat-snow-record-warmth/story?id=67929223&cid=clicksource_4380645_null_headlines_hed

Steven's pass is currently reporting 30" at the base. The high today was 29 deg F, and it snowed a half inch today.

Snoqualmie pass is reporting 21" at the base, with a high of 24 deg F. It did not snow today there.

The northern primary jetstream (sometimes called the north polar jetstream) is currently passing south over Vancouver BC, and on into the SOTC, then Mexico, then up through the White Sands area, the midwest about Kansas City, KS, and finally leaves the U.S. shores at about New Hampshire. It then heads somewhat south again as it crosses the Atlantic ocean, then winds north again to enter Europe at southern England, heading southeast again into Spain.

Our high in Seattle today at Boeing field was about 45 deg F. Pretty normal for this time of year.

The Parrot Killer

27-12-2019 05:23
(21559)
James___ wrote:
And the 10 day forecast for Cedar Rapids, Iowa, it's actually colder at night when no precipitation is in the forecast. Strange. The weather forecast supports the opinion that cloud cover helps to increase insolation in the atmosphere at night.

No supporting amount of supporting evidence will ever prove a theory.
However, a single bit of conflicting evidence can destroy a theory.

A cloudy night in winter is much colder than a clear night in the summer.

The Parrot Killer

27-12-2019 05:24
(21559)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

The problem might be that GasGuzzler didn't know anything about the jet stream until now. And now he knows that the jet stream and the Pacific Ocean influences the weather where he lives. C'est la view, n'est pas? Il est.

Irrelevance fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

27-12-2019 05:47
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:

Damn near choked on my steak laughing my ass off!! That's good stuff!

Wish I had time to go into it tonight, but I just can't. I'll keep up on reading and James, keep it coming. I'm learning a LOT!

27-12-2019 06:31
(14373)
James___ wrote: And the 10 day forecast for Cedar Rapids, Iowa, it's actually colder at night when no precipitation is in the forecast. Strange.

No. It's not strange. It's not strange at all. Don't get your dependencies reversed. If it get's too cold then you won't have the precipitation. It's not the other way around, i.e. that the lack of precipitation somehow causes the temperature to take a nose-dive.

James___ wrote: The weather forecast supports the opinion that cloud cover helps to increase insolation in the atmosphere at night.

No. James__, just NO. Tonight, go check outside. There won't be any sunlight. There won't be any insolation to "increase." Not that it somehow does anyway but I'm having trouble figuring out how you ever got the impression that there is somehow insolation at night. There is zero. It's pretty obvious. In fact, nighttime is pretty much defined as when there isn't any sunlight. How were you imagining that nighttime sunlight is somehow increased by ... by ... well I give up trying to figure out what process you think creates energy out of nothing while not creating energy out of nothing, but when there is zero sunlight, multiplying that zero sunlight still comes out to zero sunlight. I did the calculation three times just to be sure and I'm positive that there can be no increase in insolation at night. Yes, I'm absolutely certain.

Am I missing something?

James___ wrote: I just checked, warmer during the day too. Just wonder if it's relative to the kinetic energy of the clouds and barometric pressure. You know, they keep the atmosphere "excited".

James__, you never answered my question from a while back. If I increase the average kinetic energy of the molecules in, say, a baseball, e.g. average increase in velocity of 85 km/hr ... how much will I have increased its temperature?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
27-12-2019 16:41
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Damn near choked on my steak laughing my ass off!! That's good stuff!

Wish I had time to go into it tonight, but I just can't. I'll keep up on reading and James, keep it coming. I'm learning a LOT!

This is from yesterdays weather channel. What it doesn't show is that the jet stream crossing the Pacific. It also shows or suggests that it's warm in Iowa because of the warm air from the Gulf.
https://weather.com/forecast/national/video/major-winter-storm-this-weekend-0

Accross the Pacific Ocean, this is what the jet stream is doing;
http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display_alt.cgi?a=npac_250

I hope you know where the Aleutian Islands are. That's the chain of islands extending south west from Alaska. Notice the jet stream south of there? This might be the reason why;
https://q13fox.com/2019/12/13/the-blob-of-warm-water-is-back-in-the-pacific-ocean/

SSssOOooo, um, that warm water "blob" could be why it's warm in Iowa and why you're not getting much snow. You can see in the stormsurfing.com link how the jet stream is reacting to it. I know the heimlich maneuver in case you choke/gag on your steak
27-12-2019 16:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

So IBDM is crediting me with GasGuzzler's quote with this time stamp
And now as it turns out it's because. I just wonder if it's ibdm actually saying because of people like him and GasGuzzler. Where gg didn't understand what a jet stream does, his friend uses gg's post to mock me. And ibdm, I don't expect white supremacists to like me, I'm not "pure". I guess that's all you guys have, right?
27-12-2019 17:02
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
[quote]James___ wrote:
This...(weather channel junk deleted)... suggests that it's warm in Iowa because of the warm air from the Gulf.

....but then James said this....

James___ wrote:
That's the chain of islands extending south west from Alaska. Notice the jet stream south of there?
SSssOOooo, um, that warm water "blob" could be why it's warm in Iowa and why you're not getting much snow.

So is it warm here because of the warm pacific water? The jet stream from the pacific? Or is from the warm air in the gulf?

I'm going WAY out on a limb here and I'm going to say that warm air from a warmer region has moved into my state, and was not brought here by the jet stream. What say you?

27-12-2019 17:05
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

And now as it turns out it's because. I just wonder if it's ibdm actually saying because of people like him and GasGuzzler. Where gg didn't understand what a jet stream does, his friend uses gg's post to mock me. And ibdm, I don't expect white supremacists to like me, I'm not "pure". I guess that's all you guys have, right?

How do you know IBdaMann and GassGuzzler are not one in the same person?

Both of these names were recently banned from another forum for that precise accusation. Mmmmmmm.....

27-12-2019 17:23
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Both of these names were recently banned from another forum for that precise accusation. Mmmmmmm.....

It's fairly obvious you and him are 2 different people. It's sad that you're a patriotic American who lives in the "heartland" of America, post in a climate debate forum and simply had no clue what the jet stream is.
All your friend is doing is trying to keep you from looking stupid for calling the jet stream a Norwegian phenomena. https://binged.it/2Zv0oej
The southern hemisphere is showing both the sub-tropical and polar jet streams.
27-12-2019 17:33
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

It's fairly obvious you and him are 2 different people. It's sad that you're a patriotic American who lives in the "heartland" of America, post in a climate debate forum and simply had no clue what the jet stream is.
All your friend is doing is trying to keep you from looking stupid for calling the jet stream a Norwegian phenomena. https://binged.it/2Zv0oej

Yes. If you are a patriotic American living in the heartland should know what the jet stream is.

By the way, I do know what the jet stream is. I'm trying to see if YOU do. You've said some pretty whacky things about it, including the warm Norwegian water jet stream compilation thing.

27-12-2019 19:16
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Yes. If you are a patriotic American living in the heartland should know what the jet stream is.

By the way, I do know what the jet stream is. I'm trying to see if YOU do. You've said some pretty whacky things about it, including the warm Norwegian water jet stream compilation thing.

That's pathetic gasguzzler. I guess when all else fails, just flaunt your ignorance.
What is it President Trump likes to say? I want to MAGA and I couldn't do that without my Slovenian wife. I just love that.

p.s., it's common knowledge that the Gulf Stream https://photos.app.goo.gl/A97fY8KhLg4Xfytr7, if you look off of the east coast of the US, the red/green and light blue tendril is the Gulf Stream flow north past Norway into the arctic. You can see how the ocean surface temperature along Norway's west coast stays warmer when compared to waters further west north of Iceland.
What in the previous post where I showed the jet stream starting north of Norway in the arctic when the surface temperature cools is probably because a cold arctic air current met with a slight warmer air current being fed by the Gulf Stream. In the summer the polar and sub-tropical jet streams don't converge as much.
So do you think I know anything yet or should I go back to where I came from (Ohio)?
Edited on 27-12-2019 20:01
27-12-2019 20:43
(14373)
James___ wrote: So IBDM is crediting me with GasGuzzler's quote with this time stamp 26-12-2019 18:41

I'm crediting you with shining the light on GasGuzzler's totally bigotted ignorance concerning white privilege. He almost slipped that by without anyone noticing. Imagine if anyone else had claimed that Norwegian white nationalists hold exclusive rights to controlling jet streams. I would have missed it as well if you hadn't spoken out. Thanks again. All credit to you. I appreciate you being our watchdog. We all know we can count on you to have our backs.

James: 1 GasGuzzler: 0

James__, you know it's going to be a while before GasGuzzler tries to pull that shit again. He knows you're watching.

James___ wrote: And now as it turns out it's because.

It might be just a coincidence but I was thinking exactly the same thing.

James___ wrote: I just wonder if it's ibdm actually saying because of people like him and GasGuzzler.

Nope, ever since we got the new Sheriff James__ in town, there aint no mo' horeseplay and shenaningans.

James___ wrote:Where gg didn't understand what a jet stream does, his friend uses gg's post to mock me. And ibdm, I don't expect white supremacists to like me, I'm not "pure". I guess that's all you guys have, right?

Hey, I know when there aint enough room in this town for both of us. I'm backin' off before I have to get out of Dodge.

James___ wrote: It's fairly obvious you and him are 2 different people.

I can nonetheless aspire to be more like him, yes?

James___ wrote: It's sad that you're a patriotic American who lives in the "heartland" of America, post in a climate debate forum and simply had no clue what the jet stream is.

You got that right, James__. He's probably waving his flag and clinging to his guns, shouting all his vile anti-open-borders vitriol. He probably wants to indiscriminantly ban ALL America-haters from terrorist-havens from entering the US using that thoroughly disingenuous qualifier "until they can be properly vetted" as though it somehow keeps him from being recognized as a deplorable.

But he probably won't even try to "go there" as long as you are remaining vigilant on this board. Thanks again. I'm just going to adjust the score right now:

James: 2 GasGuzzler: 0

27-12-2019 21:50
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: So IBDM is crediting me with GasGuzzler's quote with this time stamp 26-12-2019 18:41

I'm crediting you with shining the light on GasGuzzler's totally bigotted ignorance concerning white privilege. He almost slipped that by without anyone noticing. Imagine if anyone else had claimed that Norwegian white nationalists hold exclusive rights to controlling jet streams. I would have missed it as well if you hadn't spoken out. Thanks again. All credit to you. I appreciate you being our watchdog. We all know we can count on you to have our backs.

James: 1 GasGuzzler: 0

James__, you know it's going to be a while before GasGuzzler tries to pull that shit again. He knows you're watching.

James___ wrote: And now as it turns out it's because.

It might be just a coincidence but I was thinking exactly the same thing.

James___ wrote: I just wonder if it's ibdm actually saying because of people like him and GasGuzzler.

Nope, ever since we got the new Sheriff James__ in town, there aint no mo' horeseplay and shenaningans.

James___ wrote:Where gg didn't understand what a jet stream does, his friend uses gg's post to mock me. And ibdm, I don't expect white supremacists to like me, I'm not "pure". I guess that's all you guys have, right?

Hey, I know when there aint enough room in this town for both of us. I'm backin' off before I have to get out of Dodge.

James___ wrote: It's fairly obvious you and him are 2 different people.

I can nonetheless aspire to be more like him, yes?

James___ wrote: It's sad that you're a patriotic American who lives in the "heartland" of America, post in a climate debate forum and simply had no clue what the jet stream is.

You got that right, James__. He's probably waving his flag and clinging to his guns, shouting all his vile anti-open-borders vitriol. He probably wants to indiscriminantly ban ALL America-haters from terrorist-havens from entering the US using that thoroughly disingenuous qualifier "until they can be properly vetted" as though it somehow keeps him from being recognized as a deplorable.

But he probably won't even try to "go there" as long as you are remaining vigilant on this board. Thanks again. I'm just going to adjust the score right now:

James: 2 GasGuzzler: 0

2 to zip already??!!

Attached image:

27-12-2019 21:56
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

I think it's as you said GasGuzzler, global warming is upon us. You said you predicted it.
27-12-2019 21:58
(21559)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

I think it's as you said GasGuzzler, global warming is upon us. You said you predicted it.

Define 'global warming'.

The Parrot Killer

28-12-2019 00:32
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Define 'global warming'.

You should be asking the Great GasGuzzler that question. He accurately predicted a warm Dec. 25th, (aka GasGuzzler Day) because of what he calls global warming. I know enough to agree with a REAL american. Besides, even when I worked for Boeing in Seattle I had white coworkers say that they like Mexicans. After all, I don't make you feel better about yourself, do I? I don't.
As for you ITN, you should not let others define your life for you. And you should not seek to live through others as well. You should live your own life while adapting to the limitations this world imposes on people. As Bruce Lee famously said, be the water. It can become any form. Be adaptive and willing to change but never forget who you are.

https://youtu.be/cJMwBwFj5nQ
Edited on 28-12-2019 00:48
28-12-2019 03:24
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
I'm glad someone finally brought in the concept of air masses moving around as it relates to weather and temperature (i think it was ITN).
All that commiserating about weather and no mention of air mass movement until then.
Not much discussion about the difference between weather and climate.
28-12-2019 06:13
(14373)
keepit wrote:Not much discussion about the difference between weather and climate.

There's not much discussion to have.

Weather: all the measurable parameters of the atmosphere at some relevant altitude.

[Global] Climate: A religious myth of the Global Warming faith amounting to a contradiction in terms.

28-12-2019 11:31
(21559)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Define 'global warming'.

You should be asking the Great GasGuzzler that question.
Nope. YOU are the one trying to use the term with some meaning. Define 'global warming'.
James___ wrote:
He accurately predicted a warm Dec. 25th, (aka GasGuzzler Day) because of what he calls global warming.

Missed the ball, dude.
James___ wrote:
I know enough to agree with a REAL american.
True Scotsman fallacy. American is a proper noun. It is capitalized.
James___ wrote:
Besides, even when I worked for Boeing in Seattle I had white coworkers say that they like Mexicans.

Irrelevance fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

28-12-2019 11:32
(21559)
keepit wrote:
I'm glad someone finally brought in the concept of air masses moving around as it relates to weather and temperature (i think it was ITN).
All that commiserating about weather and no mention of air mass movement until then.
Not much discussion about the difference between weather and climate.

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate Where's the Snow?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the 15516-09-2023 13:46
Alaskan Snow Crab Population Shrinks 90% In 3 Years818-10-2022 23:07
Snow: predicted decline globally, increase locally16718-05-2019 21:23
Amy Kloubuchar uses snow to prove there is climate change. Now that's top level Marxism.613-02-2019 23:05
Stream of thought poem re: London snow storms/Garbage Island002-02-2019 13:41
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact