Remember me
▼ Content

Where's the infrared light that greenhouse gases shoot toward the ground?

Where's the infrared light that greenhouse gases shoot toward the ground?06-01-2016 04:36
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
I don't see it. I see clouds. That's it.

http://thermal-imaging-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/snellblog09-28.png

http://www.thermalimageuk.com/userimages/lunar%20eclipse%20211210.jpg

http://www.infraredimagingservices.com/sites/default/files/images/IR_20110822_0003.jpg

http://thor.dunlap.utoronto.ca/~suresh/main/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_0381.jpg
Edited on 06-01-2016 04:49
06-01-2016 07:29
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
Like Surface Detail said, you are overplaying your hand.

06-01-2016 13:35
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Ceist wrote:
Like Surface Detail said, you are overplaying your hand.

Still no legitimate contributions. How many posts does that make, total? Isn't that the very definition of being a "troll"?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-01-2016 13:52
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
My hypothesis is that the resident Sky Dragon Slayer IbdaMann can only make baseless assertions, waffle about pseudoscience not found in any of the science literature or textbooks, call people morons, warmazombies and religious freaks, post silly pictures of cartoon characters, and drooling babies, and NOT cite any scientific literature or textbooks. I predict he will continue in this pattern.

So far there is no evidence to falsify my hypothesis. To date, IBdaMann himself has provided us with 1021 (and counting) of his posts as evidence to support the hypothesis and no evidence at all to falsify it. I thank him for his contributions.

IBdaMann also helpfully continues to go above and beyond to provide evidence to falsify his own assertion that he is 'citing science' on this forum. I particularly enjoyed the posts where he hoisted himself with his own 'religious' petard.

Providing evidence to falsify an assertion is very useful. I thank him for his efforts in providing so much evidence to falsify his own assertions.

06-01-2016 15:02
(14389)
Ceist wrote: So far there is no evidence to falsify my hypothesis.

You have never formally stated a falsifiable hypothesis.

All you have ever gibbered are unfalsifiable assertions which, of course by definition, can never be proven false.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-01-2016 18:06
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
MASSIVE FAIL by IbdaMann

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/why-would-co2-cause-sea-level-to-rise-and-ocean-to-acidify-d6-e1005.php#post_6907
06-01-2016 23:06
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Ceist wrote:
MASSIVE FAIL by IbdaMann

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/why-would-co2-cause-sea-level-to-rise-and-ocean-to-acidify-d6-e1005.php#post_6907

Somebody hit Ceist...he's stuck on his Stone.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-01-2016 03:35
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
Into the Night wrote:
Ceist wrote:
MASSIVE FAIL by IbdaMann

Somebody hit Into the Night and IbdaMann with every single textbook on Atmospheric Physics and Chemistry that discusses the 'greenhouse' effect.

Preferably the hard cover ones.
07-01-2016 14:30
(14389)
Ceist wrote: Somebody hit Into the Night and IbdaMann with every single textbook on Atmospheric Physics and Chemistry that discusses the 'greenhouse' effect.

Ceist, I'm turning to you to resolve this issue right here and now. I just wouldn't hold anyone else in the same confidence.

Would you post (a) screenshot(s) of an end-of-chapter question in which the physics of the chapter are required to solve a Global Warming problem, and then also post a screenshot of the solution.

I'm having the darnedest luck finding one, but I know you have a bunch of them at the ready.

Thanks in advance.

07-01-2016 21:20
(21582)
Ceist wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Ceist wrote:
MASSIVE FAIL by IbdaMann

Somebody hit Into the Night and IbdaMann with every single textbook on Atmospheric Physics and Chemistry that discusses the 'greenhouse' effect.

You would be crushed to death if my library fell on you. Oh...most of them ARE hardcover.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-01-2016 22:21
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
Into the Night wrote:
Ceist wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Ceist wrote:
MASSIVE FAIL by IbdaMann

You would be crushed to death if my library fell on you. Oh...most of them ARE hardcover.
Collectors items from the 1700's? Bibles?
Edited on 07-01-2016 22:21
07-01-2016 22:58
(21582)
Ceist wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Ceist wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Ceist wrote:
MASSIVE FAIL by IbdaMann

Collectors items from the 1700's? Bibles?

An argument of the Stone. I have already partially described what's in my library.

The Parrot Killer

08-01-2016 03:25
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Into the Night wrote:
I have already partially described what's in my library.

But which edition of Sears and Zemansky do you have?

I have the 7th. So far, still learning holds the record - he has the 2nd. Might be worth a bob or two in good nick!

Join the debate Where's the infrared light that greenhouse gases shoot toward the ground?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The "radiative Greenhouse effect" does not exist14015-04-2024 19:43
Ho Ho Ho, did everyone send in their Christmas list? A few ground rules though228-12-2023 19:16
'Greenhouse' Effect?4930-11-2023 06:45
The SCIENCE of the "Greenhouse Effect"29105-11-2023 22:46
DOJ, FBI targeting Catholics as 'violent extremists' FBI agents are ordered to shoot to kill009-07-2023 17:57
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact