Remember me
▼ Content

What Ya'all Missed

What Ya'all Missed21-07-2019 02:38
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Venus has an atmospheric pressure about 90 times that of the Earth. At 0.72 AU from the Sun, what in science allows for it?

I'll give Ya'all a clue because your Americans. Inverse square is the same as saying 1367 x 1367 x 0.72 or /. 72. Do the math, they might be the same thing.
That's inverse^2.
Edited on 21-07-2019 03:16
21-07-2019 03:15
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
I have no idea, does fall under anything I study. Is the answer, 'Man-Made CO2'? Seems like everything on Earth is some how influenced by burning fossil-fuels. Maybe life was originally on Venus, billions and billions of years ago, but mankind killed it with all the burning, packed up everything they could, sort of like that bible dude with the boat ( Noah, Book of Genesis). They didn't have a whole lot of stuff, and a rough planet to tame. So, they could only work on survival, and they technology, their old ways were forgotten, over the billions of years.
21-07-2019 03:29
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I have no idea, does fall under anything I study. Is the answer, 'Man-Made CO2'? Seems like everything on Earth is some how influenced by burning fossil-fuels. Maybe life was originally on Venus, billions and billions of years ago, but mankind killed it with all the burning, packed up everything they could, sort of like that bible dude with the boat ( Noah, Book of Genesis). They didn't have a whole lot of stuff, and a rough planet to tame. So, they could only work on survival, and they technology, their old ways were forgotten, over the billions of years.

You make no sense. At the same time it's odd that you came from 1 cell. When something divides into 2 separate parts, it's 1/2 of the original. It becomes less than what it was as a whole.
Inverse square in mathematics is based on this principle of devaluation.
Just an observation by a non-American. When something divides it is against itself. It becomes less than and not greater than what created it. You are greater than an amoeba, right? That's an irrational paradigm.
Edited on 21-07-2019 03:32
21-07-2019 03:57
(5196)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

You make no sense. At the same time it's odd that you came from 1 cell. When something divides into 2 separate parts, it's 1/2 of the original. It becomes less than what it was as a whole.
Just an observation by a non-American. When something divides it is against itself. It becomes less than and not greater than what created it. You are greater than an amoeba, right? That's an irrational paradigm.

I actually had two parents, one male, one female... Each contributed a cell. You remember how to add, right? 1 + 1 = 2, I started from two cells, not one (like some people, apparently). Of course, I'm a little behind on biology I guess. Use to be only two genders, and you played the cards your dealt at birth. Since Obama, gender is apparently a choice, as well as some other preferences, I don't care to go into...

Now, I don't fully grasp genetics either, but not only do I carry their genes, but all my ancestors as well. Not sure if it's a complete copy, or how that works out. Some traits skip generations, some are recessive, and remain dormant, until mated with the same gene for the opposite gender. Pretty sure same-sex couples can't reproduce, but Obama change much of what I thought I knew...
21-07-2019 05:16
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
James___ wrote: Venus has an atmospheric pressure about 90 times that of the Earth.

Venus has so much more atmospheric mass than the earth. Am I the first person to point this out to you?

Venus has about 90 times the atmospheric mass of earth and about 90 times the atmospheric pressure with slight adjustments required for differences in gravity.

I figured you would already know this.

James___ wrote: what in science allows for it?

Gravity. It's pretty straightforward.

James___ wrote: I'll give Ya'all a clue because your Americans. Inverse square is the same as saying 1367 x 1367 x 0.72 or /. 72. Do the math, they might be the same thing.

Um, no. ... and in America we strangely write the contraction "you're" but we're a bit strange that way on this side of the pond.

The inverse square affects Venus temperature, not its atmospheric pressure.

You would take the power of the solar energy incident to Venus and divide by the distance squared.

The distance D = ~108 million kilometers; D^2 = 11,664,000,000,000,000 km^2

So you take the intensity of the solar energy leaving the sun, divide by D^2 to get incident energy value I, of energy incident to Venus. Then you use your estimate of Venus' emissivity as a coefficient, i.e. I*Emissivity to get the amount of absorbed solar radiance ASR. Then you compute the inverse of Stefan-Boltzmann over the surface area of Venus to get the estimated average planetry temperature, which will only be as accurate as the accuracy of your value for solar power multiplied by your distance accuracy multiplied by your emissivity accuracy, i.e. inaccuracies are compounded.

Note: "Albedo" isn't used.

Again, this has nothing to do with the atmospheric pressure on Venus. Venus' atmospheric mass is solely responsible for that.

HarveyH55 wrote:Is the answer, 'Man-Made CO2'?

That was funny. Harvey, I didn't think you had it in you.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-07-2019 06:55
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

I actually had two parents, one male, one female... Each contributed a cell. You remember how to add, right? 1 + 1 = 2, I started from two cells, not one (like some people, apparently). Of course, I'm a little behind on biology I guess. Use to be only two genders, and you played the cards your dealt at birth. Since Obama, gender is apparently a choice, as well as some other preferences, I don't care to go into...

Now, I don't fully grasp genetics either, but not only do I carry their genes, but all my ancestors as well. Not sure if it's a complete copy, or how that works out. Some traits skip generations, some are recessive, and remain dormant, until mated with the same gene for the opposite gender. Pretty sure same-sex couples can't reproduce, but Obama change much of what I thought I knew...

Harvey, what you're discussing is less than basic 10th grade biology. People come from a single cell. This is pretty much accepted.
Cells are more complex than sperm. Much of our biological function is based on proteins. This helps to determine how cells work.
What you might find odd about this is that while proteins aren't as complex as a cell, it can determine how a cell functions.
Food for fun. In cellular evolution, the step from RNA to DNA cannot be explained. No reason for it to happen but without it, we'd still be amoeba.
Edited on 21-07-2019 07:20
21-07-2019 10:41
(5196)
The body is made up of many different cells. Stem cells are the only generic cells, which will take on a specific task eventually. I'm not interesting in learning any of that weird, Obama Biology your trying to sell. I did take biology in the 10 grade, also took it in college. We start with two cells, an egg cell and a sperm cell, same as most species on the planet. Far as I'm aware, they haven't been able to pull a person out of a single stem cell. They really haven't mastered triggering what sort of cell the become. They inject them into places, where the need them to turn it specific cells, sometimes it works. Haven't seen much about stem cells in a while, other than the abortion clinic thing, few years ago.
21-07-2019 15:11
(14389)
HarveyH55 wrote:I'm not interesting in learning any of that weird, Obama Biology your trying to sell. I did take biology in the 10 grade, also took it in college. We start with two cells, an egg cell and a sperm cell, same as most species on the planet.

From a biology perspective, you are both correct. It simply depends on which point in the process of you coming into existence that you define as being "from what you come."

Two cells join in a fertilzation event to form one cell, the zygote, which is a fertilized ovum ... and that is you, ... or was you at least.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-07-2019 18:03
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Pretty sure I was hatched. That why I'm so often in a fowl mood.
21-07-2019 21:04
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Venus has an atmospheric pressure about 90 times that of the Earth.
At 0.72 AU from the Sun, what in science allows for it?

I'll give Ya'all a clue because your Americans. Inverse square is the same as saying 1367 x 1367 x 0.72 or /. 72. Do the math, they might be the same thing.
That's inverse^2.

Math error. Argument from randU fallacy. Division is not multiplication.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-07-2019 21:06
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Life was never possible on Venus.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-07-2019 21:12
(21582)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

You make no sense. At the same time it's odd that you came from 1 cell. When something divides into 2 separate parts, it's 1/2 of the original. It becomes less than what it was as a whole..

Life eats. That is why the two cells can further divide and grow in an organism much larger than a single cell.
James___ wrote:
Inverse square in mathematics is based on this principle of devaluation..

Math error. Devaluation is not square or square root.
James___ wrote:
Just an observation by a non-American. When something divides it is against itself..

False equivalence.
James___ wrote:
It becomes less than and not greater than what created it. You are greater than an amoeba, right? That's an irrational paradigm

Amoebas when they divide result in two completely separate cells, independent of each other. Colonies of cells (including us) are cells that cooperate with each other, making the whole greater than the amoeba.

The Parrot Killer

21-07-2019 21:23
(21582)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Harvey, what you're discussing is less than basic 10th grade biology. People come from a single cell. This is pretty much accepted.

Most 6th grade students have figured out that you're wrong, James.
James___ wrote:
Cells are more complex than sperm.
Sperm IS a complete cell. Indeed, it is a very complex cell.
James___ wrote:
Much of our biological function is based on proteins. This helps to determine how cells work
What you might find odd about this is that while proteins aren't as complex as a cell, it can determine how a cell functions.

Aren't you forgetting sugars? or Water?
James___ wrote:
Food for fun. In cellular evolution, the step from RNA to DNA cannot be explained. No reason for it to happen but without it, we'd still be amoeba

An amoeba has DNA, dumbass.

The Parrot Killer

21-07-2019 21:51
(5196)
I'm not sure if James is just ignorant, or just poorly articulated his thoughts. I was a little sarcastic and cynical, trying to allow him the chance to clarify. He either doesn't know much about basic biology, or unwilling to admit he made a mistake. I studied biology, because it's good to know how things work, so you can avoid damage, and speed repairs when something goes wrong. I'm no replacement for a doctor, but do pretty well caring for myself, and my animals. Rarely need professional assistance, but I know when I need to go, and when and how to fix many things myself. Other than my appendix, they didn't find anything in my tests, that needed attention. Think that's doing pretty, most people my age are on some sort of medication. Already lost a few friends at work to heart disease, strokes, and diabetes. It's good to know I've kept my risk low, and don't need the meds yet.

I don't know all there is to know about anything, could always be wrong about many things, since I'm only concerned about the functional parts. I don't need to know every precise detail of everything, just enough to use what I learn, and I keep learning. Somethings, there is no question about though, I have no doubts. I know enough basic biology, and have used what I learned. I never messed with genetics, nor ever expect to, but have a pretty good idea how it works.
21-07-2019 22:26
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I'm not sure if James is just ignorant, or just poorly articulated his thoughts.

He is both. He tries to compensate by using numerous buzzwords to try to show his intelligence. Anyone with any familiarity with the terms as they are used in theories of science and mathematics know he is just blowing smoke to cover his own illiteracy.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I was a little sarcastic and cynical, trying to allow him the chance to clarify. He either doesn't know much about basic biology, or unwilling to admit he made a mistake. I studied biology, because it's good to know how things work, so you can avoid damage, and speed repairs when something goes wrong. I'm no replacement for a doctor, but do pretty well caring for myself, and my animals. Rarely need professional assistance, but I know when I need to go, and when and how to fix many things myself. Other than my appendix, they didn't find anything in my tests, that needed attention. Think that's doing pretty, most people my age are on some sort of medication. Already lost a few friends at work to heart disease, strokes, and diabetes. It's good to know I've kept my risk low, and don't need the meds yet.

Good for you! You found that keeping your weight reasonable and keeping crap from cigarettes out of your lungs frees you from that kind of early death by slow torture.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't know all there is to know about anything, could always be wrong about many things, since I'm only concerned about the functional parts. I don't need to know every precise detail of everything, just enough to use what I learn, and I keep learning. Somethings, there is no question about though, I have no doubts. I know enough basic biology, and have used what I learned. I never messed with genetics, nor ever expect to, but have a pretty good idea how it works.

But you have. You were born from the result of two parents, right? Have you ever produced children of your own? Do you breed any of your animals?

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 21-07-2019 22:28
21-07-2019 22:37
(14389)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Pretty sure I was hatched. That why I'm so often in a fowl mood.

Don't be such a bird-brain but yeah, I got the yolk.

22-07-2019 03:25
(5196)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
I'm not sure if James is just ignorant, or just poorly articulated his thoughts.

He is both. He tries to compensate by using numerous buzzwords to try to show his intelligence. Anyone with any familiarity with the terms as they are used in theories of science and mathematics know he is just blowing smoke to cover his own illiteracy.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I was a little sarcastic and cynical, trying to allow him the chance to clarify. He either doesn't know much about basic biology, or unwilling to admit he made a mistake. I studied biology, because it's good to know how things work, so you can avoid damage, and speed repairs when something goes wrong. I'm no replacement for a doctor, but do pretty well caring for myself, and my animals. Rarely need professional assistance, but I know when I need to go, and when and how to fix many things myself. Other than my appendix, they didn't find anything in my tests, that needed attention. Think that's doing pretty, most people my age are on some sort of medication. Already lost a few friends at work to heart disease, strokes, and diabetes. It's good to know I've kept my risk low, and don't need the meds yet.

Good for you! You found that keeping your weight reasonable and keeping crap from cigarettes out of your lungs frees you from that kind of early death by slow torture.
HarveyH55 wrote:

But you have. You were born from the result of two parents, right? Have you ever produced children of your own? Do you breed any of your animals?

No children, least none I'm aware of, and same for my animals. The males never get 'fixed', since there is no problem with them coming home with a swollen belly. Females get fixed though, not just the babies, but they are a pain in the as when in heat. I don't let the dogs roam the 'hood', but they usually get an operatunity to have a little 'fun'. The cats, well their cats, do what they want. I do understand about fixing pets, just makes no sense to do both genders. I would do the females, if there was an alternative. Basically, if a pet owner, with a female, doesn't want babies, it's their responsibility. I don't buy all the health benefits propaganda crap, obviously just a bunch of BS. They'd be doing that to humans as well.

Join the debate What Ya'all Missed:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Chung Hoon just missed crashing into an American destroyer in the Taiwan straight004-06-2023 03:51
I Totally Missed This - Time Person of the Year625-12-2020 06:10
Sea Levels to rise by 1m by 2100 if global emissions target missed!!228-06-2020 16:57
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact