Remember me
▼ Content

What makes IPCC scientists sure warmer air hundreds of millions of years ago due to



Page 2 of 2<12
04-06-2019 22:24
keepit
★★☆☆☆
(219)
I doubt most Marxism soldier, as you call them, are actually following Marxism to any great extent. They just follow part of it and call themselves Marxist to give themselves credibility.
Let Marx rest in peace.
04-06-2019 22:25
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(807)
keepit wrote:
Elements yes, but different aspects of different govts occur in different countries. That doesn't mean they are Marxist. Socialized medicine occurs but it doesn't mean a country is really socialist. Over half of the health care in the us is paid for by the govt but the us is not socialist or marxist or whatever. Different countries just have different elements.


I don't think US government pays the actual doctor bills, just the insurance premiums. The company I work for is self-insured, they pay the doctor bills. We still have deductibles, premiums, co-pays, just like everybody else. We pay Blue Cross, to administer the Health Care plans, our company offers. I've only talk about health insurance outside the company with a few people, we got it pretty, compared to ObamaCare offered on the government website. I had $78,000 worth of surgery last year, only paid $3,000 of it, and a few other things I didn't bother seeing if covered, or use the prescription discount. My 911 ambience ride cost $620, which seemed high, didn't do a who lot, even had climb in the back, on my own. I hurt bad, but probably could have drove myself, only about a mile. Cigna Health Care, is a total pain to deal with, worst part of it all. They administer our Short Term Disability benefit, and they don't care that you just had abdominal surgery, so many forms to get filled out, pretty much every two weeks you are out, you have to run some paper work. When the set me out with a repeat set, I wasn't exactly polite about it, that, and it takes about 30 minutes or more to talk to someone, never the person, who is suppose to be handling the case, so you got to run through a bunch information, that should file. Blue Cross, the put you through, very little if any hold time, questions answered in minutes. With Cigna, it was a struggle, to keep my language clean, might have slipped a few times toward the end. The shorted me two weeks of benefits, but our HR depart got that fixed, I know I wouldn't have handle it well.

Government insurance, is a lot like Cigna Health Care. Makes you wonder how many people they killed. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't been driving the day after I got out of the hospital, but there was a short deadline to get those forms filled out, and sent in, quite a stack the first time, and only 6 days. Failure to get them in on time, could mean denial of claim. Threats and short deadlines were the last thing I needed. The 7 days in the hospital wasn't fun at all, either.

Not sure why James is so eager, and obsessed with abdominal surgery, specially the type he wants.
04-06-2019 22:28
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
keepit wrote:
Into the Night,
In the US we have VA health system,

Socialism.
keepit wrote:
the active military health system,

Socialism.
keepit wrote:
medicare,

Socialism.
keepit wrote:
medicaid.

Socialism.
keepit wrote:
All of these are paid for by the govt and amount to huge numbers. I don't really understand how Obamacare works.

It doesn't. It's socialism too. Like the VA program, medicaid, and medicare, these program are collapsing due to costs and inefficiency. People die from these programs.
keepit wrote:
There are those young people that think it is unjust for the young and healthy to pay for the health care of older and sicker people.

It is.
keepit wrote:
If they don't pay though, who is going to pay for their health care when they get old and/or sick?

Circular argument fallacy. You can't justify socialism just because it exists.


The Parrot Killer
04-06-2019 22:29
keepit
★★☆☆☆
(219)
Taxes pay for the VA system, military health care, medicare, medicaid etc. It isn't paid for by private health insurance premiums.
04-06-2019 22:33
keepit
★★☆☆☆
(219)
Into the Night,
I'm not at all trying to justify socialism.
I'm just grateful medicare pays for my health care. Call it what you want!
04-06-2019 22:35
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
keepit wrote:
Taxes pay for the VA system, military health care, medicare, medicaid etc. It isn't paid for by private health insurance premiums.


Which is why they are socialism (except for military health care).

The ONLY authorized program in this list is military health care, because the authority to raise armies IS granted by the Constitution.


The Parrot Killer
04-06-2019 22:39
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
keepit wrote:
Into the Night,
I'm not at all trying to justify socialism.
I'm just grateful medicare pays for my health care. Call it what you want!


Yes you are. You are lying, even to yourself.

Medicare IS socialism. You are only grateful for it because you receive it. Others pay for it at the point of a gun (that what a tax is).

It also brings misery. People die because of the bureaucracy and the delays it causes. What you receive is only a small portion of what is brought in through taxes to run the program. The government keeps the rest.


The Parrot Killer
04-06-2019 22:43
keepit
★★☆☆☆
(219)
The point i'm making is that we are close to 100% govt paid medical care. It's ok by me.
Who's going to pay for your health care when you get old?
If young people don't help with your premiums and if the govt doesn't help pay the bill, you won't be able to pay for medical care for yourself.
If only old people contribute to a fund for old people's medical bills, the old people will go broke in a heartbeat (no pun intended) and will have to be on govt assistance even more than you imagine.
04-06-2019 22:45
keepit
★★☆☆☆
(219)
More name calling Into the Night.
04-06-2019 23:15
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
keepit wrote:
The point i'm making is that we are close to 100% govt paid medical care.

Argument from randU fallacy. You are just making up numbers now.
keepit wrote:
It's ok by me.

Of course. You are pushing socialism.
keepit wrote:
Who's going to pay for your health care when you get old?

Already answered. Me. Argument of the stone fallacy. Argument by repetition fallacy.
keepit wrote:
If young people don't help with your premiums and if the govt doesn't help pay the bill, you won't be able to pay for medical care for yourself.

No one else pays for my insurance premiums for me. No one else needs to.
keepit wrote:
If only old people contribute to a fund for old people's medical bills, the old people will go broke in a heartbeat (no pun intended) and will have to be on govt assistance even more than you imagine.

You are assuming that all old people are poor and can't afford health care or insurance. Compositional error fallacy involving people as the class. Bigotry.


The Parrot Killer
04-06-2019 23:16
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
keepit wrote:
More name calling Into the Night.


Fallacy fallacy. I have called you no names.


The Parrot Killer
04-06-2019 23:18
keepit
★★☆☆☆
(219)
My mistake. I thought you said i was lying, not that i care.
04-06-2019 23:19
keepit
★★☆☆☆
(219)
I've seen statistics that most old people have very little savings.
05-06-2019 00:39
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
keepit wrote:
My mistake. I thought you said i was lying, not that i care.

You are lying. To yourself as well as others. A lie is a fallacy, but it is not an insult.


The Parrot Killer
05-06-2019 00:41
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
keepit wrote:
I've seen statistics that most old people have very little savings.


Some do. Some also have very little income. Again, you are only highlighting the problems with socialism.


The Parrot Killer
05-06-2019 04:31
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(807)
keepit wrote:
I've seen statistics that most old people have very little savings.


Statistics don't really mean much, just numbers on paper, line on a graph. If that data is garbage, the statistics are garbage.

I'm doubtful most old people will honestly tell anyone just how much money they have, might not really even know for sure. They own a home, lived in it for 40 years, how would they know the actual worth? It's worth hust what someone else is willing to pay. Might have some stocks and bonds tucked away, never really kept up on them, money if things got tight, never did. When you get old, you are less able to defend yourself, or protect your money. Something most people learn in life, don't advertise, just attracts thieves.

Even when I was a much younger man, most of the jobs I had, offered health insurance, retirement plan, few other perks, all voluntary, if you had to pay, you had a choice, all very reasonable. I tend to believe most older people today, had similar opportunities. Kind why I don't support ObamaCare, or any other government health care plan. If you work, you are almost guaranteed to be offered health insurance. You can always change employers, if they didn't. Perks, benefits, wages, are all things use to attract and retain employees, and those employees appreciate getting those things. The government stepping in, and making all those thing mandatory, weakens the work force. People don't care if they keep their job, they can now get the same compensation most anywhere.

I tend to believe most working Americans have some money saved up for retirement. There are probably quite a few, who just blew through it, never figuring on living that long, or Social Security would be plenty enough. Some have family, who didn't want to wait for an inheritance, and helped them spend a good portion of their savings, before hand.

The thing is, that as you get older, you have family, friends, and neighbors to help you out, if you bother to stay in good standing, stay involved.

How do you determine what's 'little', and what's a lot, when it comes to savings? I've got enough cash in easy reach, if I run into problems, like house repairs, another used car, my deductible, if I need to go to the hospital, again. Don't consider that a lot, but enough to not have to worry about where I'll get money, if I really need it. Know a lot of people, who live paycheck-paycheck, and even then, it's never enough. People have all kinds of choices in life, and should live with the consequences for those choices. My life, is my responsibility, and no one else's. I don't believe the government has any right to make me responsible for other people's bad choice's in their lives. I don't lean to the left at all, I strongly believe in personal responsibility, and independence.
05-06-2019 06:31
James___
★★★★☆
(1349)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't lean to the left at all, I strongly believe in personal responsibility, and independence.



And yet you support a 10% reduction in the corporate tax rate while the US government is running $Trillion deficits.
I'm disabled and have no insurance. Doctors charged my insurance when I had a job but as you told me, doctors aren't responsible for getting it right. Because as you said, I should be thankful for the harm that they've caused me.
As I've said before Harvey, you're ignorant. You're just an ignorant, self indulgent person. An introvert from what you say. Only you matter. Yet you pay a gas tax. Why? Why do you pay local taxes? Do you ever call the police or the fire department? No? Then you shouldn't pay taxes.
Heck, you know how to call your local hospital if you ever need an ambulance, right? we should get rid of the entire 911 system. It's a waste of your money.
If someone calls 911, they should pay for that service or their insurance. Why aren't you complaining about that? The police do nothing for you, do they? They don't. We should get rid of them and the fire department. Even the local health inspector. If you don't shop or eat somewhere, why pay the government to make sure they're not making other people sick?
You should run for office and point out how your local government is wasting YOUR money.
It's odd though, you'll support China when it comes to a $500 Billion trade deficit. And then you won't have a problem with our $1 Trillion budget deficit.
I know you don't get it. When man hours of work are lost to cheap foreign labour, the economy contracts. To grow the economy, the government then increases the amount of national debt to compensate.
At the same time, the trade deficit allows China to buy US businesses and mineral rights. They have a budget surplus. And when China buys American interests, then that capital lessens the trade deficit. That's economics that you support.
Edited on 05-06-2019 06:37
05-06-2019 07:08
James___
★★★★☆
(1349)
Harvey, wasn't Parkland in Florida? 17 kids dead because their parents were to cheap to pay for better security. It was the parents fault. Right? They didn't pay for sufficient security out of their own pockets. Besides, the guy getting paid for it, those weren't his kids, right? Why should he stick his neck out for them when he's getting paid for it? As you say, people make mistakes, deal with it.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/04/us/parkland-scot-peterson-charges/index.html

Kind of why I want out of America. It's a hostile self loving country. Being an American doesn't mean anything. Hold it. I am A ME rican. A Me rican is like a Puerto Rican but lives in the US.
I mean the security gaurd saved his own ass, right? That's what A ME ricans do.
05-06-2019 11:22
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't lean to the left at all, I strongly believe in personal responsibility, and independence.



And yet you support a 10% reduction in the corporate tax rate while the US government is running $Trillion deficits.

They would anyway.
James___ wrote:
I'm disabled and have no insurance.

Whiner. Get some.
James___ wrote:
Doctors charged my insurance when I had a job but as you told me, doctors aren't responsible for getting it right.

Yes they are.
James___ wrote:
Because as you said, I should be thankful for the harm that they've caused me.

Why?
James___ wrote:
As I've said before Harvey, you're ignorant. You're just an ignorant, self indulgent person.

Inversion fallacy.
James___ wrote:
An introvert from what you say. Only you matter.

Inversion fallacy.
James___ wrote:
Yet you pay a gas tax. Why?

He is forced to when he buys gas.
James___ wrote:
Why do you pay local taxes?

He is forced to.
James___ wrote:
Do you ever call the police or the fire department?

They are funded through voluntary taxes. People vote for those taxes.
James___ wrote:
No? Then you shouldn't pay taxes.

He has no choice.
James___ wrote:
Heck, you know how to call your local hospital if you ever need an ambulance, right?

Hospitals generally don't provide ambulances.
James___ wrote:
we should get rid of the entire 911 system.

People voted for it. They also voted to pay the taxes to fund it.
James___ wrote:
It's a waste of your money.

Is it? Why?
James___ wrote:
If someone calls 911, they should pay for that service

They do.
James___ wrote:
or their insurance.

Insurance does not pay for 911. Taxes do.
James___ wrote:
Why aren't you complaining about that? The police do nothing for you, do they? They don't. We should get rid of them and the fire department.

Why?
James___ wrote:
Even the local health inspector.

Just another cop. Why?
James___ wrote:
If you don't shop or eat somewhere, why pay the government to make sure they're not making other people sick?

They can't.
James___ wrote:
You should run for office and point out how your local government is wasting YOUR money.

Not nearly as much as the federal government. False equivalence fallacy.
James___ wrote:
It's odd though, you'll support China when it comes to a $500 Billion trade deficit. And then you won't have a problem with our $1 Trillion budget deficit.

Trade isn't about deficits or government budgets. Straw man fallacy.
James___ wrote:
I know you don't get it. When man hours of work are lost to cheap foreign labour, the economy contracts. To grow the economy, the government then increases the amount of national debt to compensate.

They can't grow the economy that way.
James___ wrote:
At the same time, the trade deficit allows China to buy US businesses and mineral rights.

No, it doesn't. It has nothing to do with it.
James___ wrote:
They have a budget surplus.

No, they don't. China is in serious financial trouble.
James___ wrote:
And when China buys American interests, then that capital lessens the trade deficit.

No, it doesn't.
James___ wrote:
That's economics that you support.

That's a fantasy story.


The Parrot Killer
05-06-2019 11:23
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
James___ wrote:
Harvey, wasn't Parkland in Florida? 17 kids dead because their parents were to cheap to pay for better security. It was the parents fault. Right? They didn't pay for sufficient security out of their own pockets. Besides, the guy getting paid for it, those weren't his kids, right? Why should he stick his neck out for them when he's getting paid for it? As you say, people make mistakes, deal with it.
...deleted Holy Link...

Kind of why I want out of America. It's a hostile self loving country. Being an American doesn't mean anything. Hold it. I am A ME rican. A Me rican is like a Puerto Rican but lives in the US.
I mean the security gaurd saved his own ass, right? That's what A ME ricans do.


One mass shooting isn't the rest of America. Bigotry.


The Parrot Killer
05-06-2019 14:11
James___
★★★★☆
(1349)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Harvey, wasn't Parkland in Florida? 17 kids dead because their parents were to cheap to pay for better security. It was the parents fault. Right? They didn't pay for sufficient security out of their own pockets. Besides, the guy getting paid for it, those weren't his kids, right? Why should he stick his neck out for them when he's getting paid for it? As you say, people make mistakes, deal with it.
...deleted Holy Link...

Kind of why I want out of America. It's a hostile self loving country. Being an American doesn't mean anything. Hold it. I am A ME rican. A Me rican is like a Puerto Rican but lives in the US.
I mean the security guard saved his own ass, right? That's what A ME ricans do.


One mass shooting isn't the rest of America. Bigotry.


In a sense that is what happened to many Native Americans. As you say, that isn't America. Interesting.
05-06-2019 15:20
James___
★★★★☆
(1349)
clashing differences that led the U.S. government to authorize over 1,500 wars, attacks and raids on Indians

https://www.history.com/news/native-americans-genocide-united-states

Once again you're proven right Into The Night. There's nothing in American history about mass shootings.
05-06-2019 15:36
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3851)
James___ wrote:And yet you support a 10% reduction in the corporate tax rate while the US government is running $Trillion deficits.

Yes. End the deficits.

James___ wrote: I'm disabled and have no insurance.

Life threw you a bummer. We all get those. It's not everybody else's responsibility to compensate you for bummers received.

Yet, because you are a Marxist, you firmly believe that your deity, Big Government, has a duty to compensate you and everyone else for bummers received, yes?

Ooops, it looks like we have a slight difference of opinion.

James___ wrote: Doctors charged my insurance when I had a job but as you told me, doctors aren't responsible for getting it right. Because as you said, I should be thankful for the harm that they've caused me.

Do you believe doctors are responsible for being perfect or for doing their absolute best?

If a patient with leukemia goes in for treatment, is the doctor who does her absolute best responsible for killing that patient?

James___ wrote: As I've said before Harvey, you're ignorant.

Ooooh, you know what they say about people who live in glass houses throwing stones. You know what the pot and the kettle have in common.

James___ wrote:Only you matter. Yet you pay a gas tax. Why? Why do you pay local taxes? Do you ever call the police or the fire department? No? Then you shouldn't pay taxes.

Aaaah, the absolutes, the Marxist's specialty. If someone thinks taxes are too high (thus offending the Marxist) then the Marxist pivots to the absolutes of not paying any taxes whatsoever.

James___ wrote: Heck, you know how to call your local hospital if you ever need an ambulance, right? we should get rid of the entire 911 system. It's a waste of your money.

He never advocated eliminated taxes altogether.

James___ wrote: The police do nothing for you, do they? They don't.

Now you are confusing the issue. The police do not exist to protect you and me. The police exist solely to help the DA build a case against you and me. The only mechanism you and I have to get help from the police is to elect a Sheriff or a Commissioner who can direct the police in a manner more responsive to the community ... but their primary role of supporting the DA never goes away.

James___ wrote: We should get rid of them and the fire department. Even the local health inspector.

Once you derail a discussion with a "zero taxes" absolute, you really get on a roll. He never advocated zero taxes. This is entirely your red herring.

James___ wrote: If you don't shop or eat somewhere, why pay the government to make sure they're not making other people sick?

We could. Human societies thrived for millenia without governments dictating how businesses are to provide their goods and services. Yes, humanity literally survived without governments telling businesses like Wendy's what their double cheesburger should be or how much they are to charge for it. If someone got sick from eating at a particular restaurant, that restaurant suffered great losses or went out of business. No government needed for that.

One more time. No government needed for that.

James___ wrote: You should run for office and point out how your local government is wasting YOUR money.

Anybody could do that. I can spend my money far better than any government can.

James___ wrote: It's odd though, you'll support China when it comes to a $500 Billion trade deficit.

You've already trashed your credibility entirely with regards to expressing someone else's position.

James___ wrote: And then you won't have a problem with our $1 Trillion budget deficit.

I bet he has a problem with it. Why don't you just stick with expressing your position. You have yet to get someone else's position correct.

James___ wrote: I know you don't get it.

I bet he gets it. I bet you are once again in error.

James___ wrote: When man hours of work are lost to cheap foreign labour, the economy contracts.

The domestic economy can expand by outsourcing tasks. You're batting zero.

James___ wrote: To grow the economy, the government then increases the amount of national debt to compensate.

You're not batting zero anymore. You are correct. The government does this. The government should not do this. We need a new mindset in Congress.

James___ wrote: At the same time, the trade deficit allows China to buy US businesses and mineral rights.

That's because our government is limited in its powers by the Constitution. We don't live in Venezuela where we need permission first from the government. I realize that is how you wish it were but you are out of luck.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-06-2019 18:27
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Harvey, wasn't Parkland in Florida? 17 kids dead because their parents were to cheap to pay for better security. It was the parents fault. Right? They didn't pay for sufficient security out of their own pockets. Besides, the guy getting paid for it, those weren't his kids, right? Why should he stick his neck out for them when he's getting paid for it? As you say, people make mistakes, deal with it.
...deleted Holy Link...

Kind of why I want out of America. It's a hostile self loving country. Being an American doesn't mean anything. Hold it. I am A ME rican. A Me rican is like a Puerto Rican but lives in the US.
I mean the security guard saved his own ass, right? That's what A ME ricans do.


One mass shooting isn't the rest of America. Bigotry.


In a sense that is what happened to many Native Americans. As you say, that isn't America. Interesting.

No, it isn't. That is the actions of one man.


The Parrot Killer
05-06-2019 18:28
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
James___ wrote:
clashing differences that led the U.S. government to authorize over 1,500 wars, attacks and raids on Indians

https://www.history.com/news/native-americans-genocide-united-states

Once again you're proven right Into The Night. There's nothing in American history about mass shootings.


Again, the actions of one man. We don't shoot indians.


The Parrot Killer
05-06-2019 21:48
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(807)
James___ wrote:
Harvey, wasn't Parkland in Florida? 17 kids dead because their parents were to cheap to pay for better security. It was the parents fault. Right? They didn't pay for sufficient security out of their own pockets. Besides, the guy getting paid for it, those weren't his kids, right? Why should he stick his neck out for them when he's getting paid for it? As you say, people make mistakes, deal with it.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/04/us/parkland-scot-peterson-charges/index.html

Kind of why I want out of America. It's a hostile self loving country. Being an American doesn't mean anything. Hold it. I am A ME rican. A Me rican is like a Puerto Rican but lives in the US.
I mean the security gaurd saved his own ass, right? That's what A ME ricans do.


I think he's being scapegoated, should come out in the trial. He was the only deputy on school grounds when it started, the resource officer. Don't think he knew exactly what was going on, how many shooters, or where in the building the shooting was going on. Sure, in action movies and video games, the hero cop just rushes in solo. Real life, it's pretty reckless, little foolish. I don't think he would have been much help, if he got shot, just as he entered the building (oops, wrong door). Help should have been arriving quickly, probably better help, being the resource officer, and already knowing which building, and his way around the campus.

It's a public school, and likely had what was deemed sufficient security, probably better than most. An AR 15 can be folded up to fit in a backpack, duffle bag, or in your case, a purse. Only weighs about 6 lbs, doesn't attract much attention when concealed. I guess the only way to be safe, and avoid the debate, would be just to pass them out free to anybody who wants one, and encourage them to carry them at all times. If somebody wants to break the law, are words on paper really going to stop them? Can't pass the background check, psych evaluation, age requirement, or too broke, just 'borrow' one, stealing is quite as bad, as murdering 17 people.
05-06-2019 22:36
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3851)
HarveyH55 wrote: I think he's being scapegoated, should come out in the trial.

I think you're right, but it does look bad nonetheless since he was there specifically for that purpose. He was not there to teach kids or to help with homework.

HarveyH55 wrote: An AR 15 can be folded up to fit in a backpack, duffle bag, or in your case, a purse.

A duffle bag, sure. A backpack, not really. A shooter is not going to disassemble the AR-15 and then wait to reassemble it once he is inside the school.

HarveyH55 wrote: Only weighs about 6 lbs, doesn't attract much attention when concealed.

It would be better to go with the 8-lbs figure (just tack on 33%). They don't attract much attention when concealed, no, but students with duffle bags usually do.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-06-2019 01:53
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(807)
From what I've read lately, there are all kinds of options, don't need them all. The most basic, is under 6 lbs. But sure, couple pounds of loaded clips to swap. I've also read that it takes under a minute to assemble and ready to fire. I'm sure that comes with a lot of practice. Ar 15 is just one brand, there several very similar models, from different companies. Some are, smaller, lighter, probably not as dependable either. They are designed to rapid transition from stored to go, quickly. Less weight and space they take up, makes it easier to carry other stuff, like more ammunition...
06-06-2019 02:06
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8136)
HarveyH55 wrote:
From what I've read lately, there are all kinds of options, don't need them all. The most basic, is under 6 lbs. But sure, couple pounds of loaded clips to swap. I've also read that it takes under a minute to assemble and ready to fire. I'm sure that comes with a lot of practice. Ar 15 is just one brand, there several very similar models, from different companies. Some are, smaller, lighter, probably not as dependable either. They are designed to rapid transition from stored to go, quickly. Less weight and space they take up, makes it easier to carry other stuff, like more ammunition...


Pistols fit in pockets. So do extra magazines for them.


The Parrot Killer
06-06-2019 02:35
James___
★★★★☆
(1349)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Harvey, wasn't Parkland in Florida? 17 kids dead because their parents were to cheap to pay for better security. It was the parents fault. Right? They didn't pay for sufficient security out of their own pockets. Besides, the guy getting paid for it, those weren't his kids, right? Why should he stick his neck out for them when he's getting paid for it? As you say, people make mistakes, deal with it.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/04/us/parkland-scot-peterson-charges/index.html

Kind of why I want out of America. It's a hostile self loving country. Being an American doesn't mean anything. Hold it. I am A ME rican. A Me rican is like a Puerto Rican but lives in the US.
I mean the security gaurd saved his own ass, right? That's what A ME ricans do.


I think he's being scapegoated, should come out in the trial. He was the only deputy on school grounds when it started, the resource officer. Don't think he knew exactly what was going on, how many shooters, or where in the building the shooting was going on. Sure, in action movies and video games, the hero cop just rushes in solo. Real life, it's pretty reckless, little foolish. I don't think he would have been much help, if he got shot, just as he entered the building (oops, wrong door). Help should have been arriving quickly, probably better help, being the resource officer, and already knowing which building, and his way around the campus.

It's a public school, and likely had what was deemed sufficient security, probably better than most. An AR 15 can be folded up to fit in a backpack, duffle bag, or in your case, a purse. Only weighs about 6 lbs, doesn't attract much attention when concealed. I guess the only way to be safe, and avoid the debate, would be just to pass them out free to anybody who wants one, and encourage them to carry them at all times. If somebody wants to break the law, are words on paper really going to stop them? Can't pass the background check, psych evaluation, age requirement, or too broke, just 'borrow' one, stealing is quite as bad, as murdering 17 people.



They have video of him hiding behind a pillar 2 buildings away. Just had no interest in anything other than calling for back up. He said that he only heard 2 or 3 shots fired. No need to respond to that, right? Yet he stayed in the same place for about 45 minutes.
On the other hand, a college student who was unarmed confronted a shooter and kept other people from dying. You guys are pathetic. 17 kids died and you feel sorry for the security guard who did nothing basically.
06-06-2019 11:11
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(807)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Harvey, wasn't Parkland in Florida? 17 kids dead because their parents were to cheap to pay for better security. It was the parents fault. Right? They didn't pay for sufficient security out of their own pockets. Besides, the guy getting paid for it, those weren't his kids, right? Why should he stick his neck out for them when he's getting paid for it? As you say, people make mistakes, deal with it.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/04/us/parkland-scot-peterson-charges/index.html

Kind of why I want out of America. It's a hostile self loving country. Being an American doesn't mean anything. Hold it. I am A ME rican. A Me rican is like a Puerto Rican but lives in the US.
I mean the security gaurd saved his own ass, right? That's what A ME ricans do.


I think he's being scapegoated, should come out in the trial. He was the only deputy on school grounds when it started, the resource officer. Don't think he knew exactly what was going on, how many shooters, or where in the building the shooting was going on. Sure, in action movies and video games, the hero cop just rushes in solo. Real life, it's pretty reckless, little foolish. I don't think he would have been much help, if he got shot, just as he entered the building (oops, wrong door). Help should have been arriving quickly, probably better help, being the resource officer, and already knowing which building, and his way around the campus.

It's a public school, and likely had what was deemed sufficient security, probably better than most. An AR 15 can be folded up to fit in a backpack, duffle bag, or in your case, a purse. Only weighs about 6 lbs, doesn't attract much attention when concealed. I guess the only way to be safe, and avoid the debate, would be just to pass them out free to anybody who wants one, and encourage them to carry them at all times. If somebody wants to break the law, are words on paper really going to stop them? Can't pass the background check, psych evaluation, age requirement, or too broke, just 'borrow' one, stealing is quite as bad, as murdering 17 people.



They have video of him hiding behind a pillar 2 buildings away. Just had no interest in anything other than calling for back up. He said that he only heard 2 or 3 shots fired. No need to respond to that, right? Yet he stayed in the same place for about 45 minutes.
On the other hand, a college student who was unarmed confronted a shooter and kept other people from dying. You guys are pathetic. 17 kids died and you feel sorry for the security guard who did nothing basically.


I don't know the details, none of that stuff was in any of the news stories I've watch or read. He was a sheriff's deputy, not a security guard. I don't know departmental policy, on active shooters, but I would believe, they aren't mandated to rush into it, solo. I don't know how he could have been sure who or what was on the other side of any door he opened, to go in a save all those people. There were a whole lot more than 17 shots fired, can't imagine he only heard two or three. I haven't been following closely, or investigating. Will wait for the trial, and see the full report, not just little bits, with biased interpretations.
06-06-2019 23:39
James___
★★★★☆
(1349)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Harvey, wasn't Parkland in Florida? 17 kids dead because their parents were to cheap to pay for better security. It was the parents fault. Right? They didn't pay for sufficient security out of their own pockets. Besides, the guy getting paid for it, those weren't his kids, right? Why should he stick his neck out for them when he's getting paid for it? As you say, people make mistakes, deal with it.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/04/us/parkland-scot-peterson-charges/index.html

Kind of why I want out of America. It's a hostile self loving country. Being an American doesn't mean anything. Hold it. I am A ME rican. A Me rican is like a Puerto Rican but lives in the US.
I mean the security gaurd saved his own ass, right? That's what A ME ricans do.


I think he's being scapegoated, should come out in the trial. He was the only deputy on school grounds when it started, the resource officer. Don't think he knew exactly what was going on, how many shooters, or where in the building the shooting was going on. Sure, in action movies and video games, the hero cop just rushes in solo. Real life, it's pretty reckless, little foolish. I don't think he would have been much help, if he got shot, just as he entered the building (oops, wrong door). Help should have been arriving quickly, probably better help, being the resource officer, and already knowing which building, and his way around the campus.

It's a public school, and likely had what was deemed sufficient security, probably better than most. An AR 15 can be folded up to fit in a backpack, duffle bag, or in your case, a purse. Only weighs about 6 lbs, doesn't attract much attention when concealed. I guess the only way to be safe, and avoid the debate, would be just to pass them out free to anybody who wants one, and encourage them to carry them at all times. If somebody wants to break the law, are words on paper really going to stop them? Can't pass the background check, psych evaluation, age requirement, or too broke, just 'borrow' one, stealing is quite as bad, as murdering 17 people.



They have video of him hiding behind a pillar 2 buildings away. Just had no interest in anything other than calling for back up. He said that he only heard 2 or 3 shots fired. No need to respond to that, right? Yet he stayed in the same place for about 45 minutes.
On the other hand, a college student who was unarmed confronted a shooter and kept other people from dying. You guys are pathetic. 17 kids died and you feel sorry for the security guard who did nothing basically.


I don't know the details, none of that stuff was in any of the news stories I've watch or read. He was a sheriff's deputy, not a security guard. I don't know departmental policy, on active shooters, but I would believe, they aren't mandated to rush into it, solo. I don't know how he could have been sure who or what was on the other side of any door he opened, to go in a save all those people. There were a whole lot more than 17 shots fired, can't imagine he only heard two or three. I haven't been following closely, or investigating. Will wait for the trial, and see the full report, not just little bits, with biased interpretations.



Do you mean where the sheriff that he worked for says that he took cover outside?
The sheriff revealed on Thursday that a deputy at a Florida high school where 17 people were killed took cover outside rather than charging into the building.


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/22/us/nikolas-cruz-florida-shooting.html

He could've entered the building without charging into it. Then he could've taken the suspect out but video shows that he hid and did no reconnaissance to know what the specifics of the situation were. And if he charged into it, the shooter might've stopped because everyone wasn't afraid of him. The deputy would've been better prepared for the situation than unarmed students.
It is sad that you can't take the time to learn what you're posting about. As you said, your time is meant for leisure and nothing of consequence. You do have that part right.
Edited on 06-06-2019 23:48
Page 2 of 2<12





Join the debate What makes IPCC scientists sure warmer air hundreds of millions of years ago due to:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
President Trump makes a personal sacrifice, for the country...211-07-2019 17:29
Early IPCC Reports908-07-2019 07:48
Alaska in desperate need, of air conditioners and sunscreen...1308-07-2019 05:20
Air CO2 capture is corruption031-05-2019 03:36
Air CO2 capture is corruption on the part of Democrats031-05-2019 03:32
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact