What It Means To Be Norse

Page 1 of 212>
What It Means To Be Norse10-10-2021 06:16
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Suck it up guys because you wish;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwED4C5FJuo

I know. You guys are "real" Americans like Harvey.
Edited on 10-10-2021 06:49
10-10-2021 06:53
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have Norwegian friends and they are cool nordic dudes.I am not sure what is wrong with you but it is not a small thing
10-10-2021 07:00
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
I have Norwegian friends and they are cool nordic dudes.I am not sure what is wrong with you but it is not a small thing

Are you quoting the song this is the Romanian version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYI8hVJZ7Q0
10-10-2021 07:20
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
duncan61 wrote:

It probably is a 'small thing'...
10-10-2021 07:22
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:

Duncan, anymore I think Australia sucks. It's an island that doesn't matter. If I were Chinese, maybe. But I'm not. China can have Australia. No one would notice and no one would care. Feel better Duncan? That is global politics. Australia simply has nothing.

p.s., that is what Americans say. You simply have nothing the US wants.
and Duncan, it is about money and resources. I'm not a "real" American, simply not my problem.
Edited on 10-10-2021 07:26
10-10-2021 07:57
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
@Harvey, why does Australia matter? Why did a girl winning the Melbourne Cup in 2015 matter?
And isn't Payne a black comedian in the US as in Major Payne and not Michelle Payne, the first female jockey to win the Melbourne Cup in 2015?
I want to be a "real" American Harvey, please help me.
Major Payne https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110443/

We know who we love. And it's not a female jockey. God this is so easy.
Edited on 10-10-2021 08:00
10-10-2021 08:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Can you guys ask easier questions? Please? A female jockey winning their country's most prestigious race is a black joke in America. She was simply a "Payne" in the arse. Right?
Maybe a "Major Payne"?
Attached image:

Edited on 10-10-2021 08:32
10-10-2021 08:35
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Maybe you guys can explain to me the difference between Michelle Payne and Major Payne?
If not, you have Harvey and Trump who likes foreigners. After that, go eff yourselves is rather simplistic.

p.s., I'll probably watch the movie a few more time. But seriously, in 2015?
Attached image:

Edited on 10-10-2021 08:39
10-10-2021 19:12
(5196)
I'll tell you again... I don't click on any of your video clips... I uses dial-up internet, and it's just to slow for video. Even the animated GIFs posted every thread, tend to cause problems. I frequently have to stop the page loading, just to read the text portion, since the images causes the page to jump around. I'm missing out on other graphics this way, but usually no big deal. Most of your video links are probably nonsense anyway, which would be wasting time anyway. I don't live in movie world. I'd rather be building something. That's where I find my entertainment. If you spent less time watching movies, your gravity wheel would be spinning, perpetually by now...
12-10-2021 04:34
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I'll tell you again... I don't click on any of your video clips... I uses dial-up internet, and it's just to slow for video. Even the animated GIFs posted every thread, tend to cause problems. I frequently have to stop the page loading, just to read the text portion, since the images causes the page to jump around. I'm missing out on other graphics this way, but usually no big deal. Most of your video links are probably nonsense anyway, which would be wasting time anyway. I don't live in movie world. I'd rather be building something. That's where I find my entertainment. If you spent less time watching movies, your gravity wheel would be spinning, perpetually by now...

You suck Harvey. Can't you come up with something better? I am disappointed.
Friends don't say "dial up". That is just insulting. We both know mom likes you better because you came out first.
Or was it because she loved me more? Simply why she held onto me longer?
See where this is going Harvey? Mother loved me more. Get used to it,.
And then there is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwED4C5FJuo

And in the video, it is a Viking longship.
Edited on 12-10-2021 04:38
21-10-2021 07:23
James___
★★★★★
(5513)

Edited on 21-10-2021 07:24
21-10-2021 07:23
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
A scientific date has been established for when the Norse had a small settlement at L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland (I always thought Nova Scotia was the region but it is Newfoundland, maybe because of L'Anse aux Meadows?), it is 1021.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/tree-rings-radioactive-carbon-signs-150020335.html
Maybe they'll create a Vikings Day and trash Columbus Day?
21-10-2021 08:44
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)

James___ wrote:A scientific date has been established

James__, when I look at a date, how can I determine whether it is a scientific date or just a regular, ordinary, non-scientific date?

James___ wrote: ... for when the Norse had a small settlement at L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland

All of the Norse or just some of them?

James___ wrote: Maybe they'll create a Vikings Day and trash Columbus Day?

Maybe they'll create a trash day and the Vikings will clean up Columbus, Ohio.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-10-2021 18:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

James__, when I look at a date, how can I determine whether it is a scientific date or just a regular, ordinary, non-scientific date?

James___ wrote: ... for when the Norse had a small settlement at L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland

With date 1021, it was arrived at by studying tree rings. And as everyone knows, tree rings are specific to a year and can be matched up to other trees as the centuries roll by.

With the Vikings at L'Anse aux Meadows, it was 1 of many. The Vikings wrote possibly from oral history about their expeditions. With Vinland, they were blown off course when going from Iceland to Greenland.

According to the sagas, the Norse found plenty of fish and game, timber, and pastureland during their explorations of Vinland. They described establishing several base camps—L'Anse aux Meadows appears to have been one—that enabled further explorations of these strange shorelines.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/new-dating-method-shows-vikings-occupied-newfoundland-in-1021-ce-180978903/

As for Columbus, it's difficult to raise someone else's children. With L'Ans aux Meadows, the Vikings brought women with them unlike Columbus. Might explain why they've found no Inuits with European DNA despite a settlement lasting for maybe 3 years.
Edited on 21-10-2021 18:10
21-10-2021 18:23
(5196)
Carbon dating doesn't give a specific year, it's only a possible range of years. Same with tree growth rings. Each tree will be a little different, they aren't usually clones of the same tree. There are some species, you can break off a limb, shove it in the ground, and it sometimes grows... The best you can do, is an approximation, specially since you aren't looking at live trees... Of course, we can 'agree' to ignore the huge margin of error, and pick whatever year that works best for us.
21-10-2021 20:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
James___ wrote:
A scientific date has been established for when the Norse had a small settlement at L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland (I always thought Nova Scotia was the region but it is Newfoundland, maybe because of L'Anse aux Meadows?), it is 1021.

Science is not a date.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-10-2021 21:00
(21582)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

With date 1021, it was arrived at by studying tree rings. And as everyone knows, tree rings are specific to a year and can be matched up to other trees as the centuries roll by.

With the Vikings at L'Anse aux Meadows, it was 1 of many. The Vikings wrote possibly from oral history about their expeditions. With Vinland, they were blown off course when going from Iceland to Greenland.

According to the sagas, the Norse found plenty of fish and game, timber, and pastureland during their explorations of Vinland. They described establishing several base camps—L'Anse aux Meadows appears to have been one—that enabled further explorations of these strange shorelines.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/new-dating-method-shows-vikings-occupied-newfoundland-in-1021-ce-180978903/

As for Columbus, it's difficult to raise someone else's children. With L'Ans aux Meadows, the Vikings brought women with them unlike Columbus. Might explain why they've found no Inuits with European DNA despite a settlement lasting for maybe 3 years.

Trees have no eyes. How does any tree know whether a Viking is present or not?

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-10-2021 21:49
(5196)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

Science is not a date.

Why not? If he'll 'date' sheep, he'll date anything...
21-10-2021 22:26
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:

Science is not a date.

It can be. When a cosmic event occurs, that can create a scientific date.
The ancient Egyptians used 2 calendars. One was a lunar calendar and the other a solar calendar. Both used science to determine the "date".
An example is the spring rains in Ethiopia can be dated by the Full Moon. They were dated that way. This let the ancient Egyptians know when to sow their fields.
If they went by the solar calendar (365 days), then they might plant their crops in Egypt before the spring rains arrived in Ethiopia. And if that happened then they'd lose their crops that they just planted. How is it you do not know how to use science to date something? It's been around for 4,000 years.
And to be nice, I'll give you the answer, okay? When it rains in Ethiopia, Lake Tana's water level will rise. The spring rains also feed streams that feed into the Blue Nile. With the Atbara or Red Nile, it only flows when it rains.
And hopefully you know that the Blue and Red Nile rivers create the Nile River in Egypt. And a lot of the land that was farmed in ancient Egypt was on a flood plain.
Don't you guys ever read books or watch documentaries?

p.s., isn't it interesting that a Full Moon is associated with the spring rains which means those rains can vary. But then how does the Moon influence this? That's where science comes into play.

p.s.s., an equinox is when basically the day and the night are both 12 hours which creates a "science date". Then a calendar can be adjusted so that the same events happen at the same date on the calendar throughout the rest of the year.
Since there is a leap year once every 4 years, the science date would have an error margin of plus or minus 8 hours. And each year, that value would increase by a factor of 1.
Just some basic science dates.
Edited on 21-10-2021 22:32
22-10-2021 03:11
(14389)

James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Science is not a date.
It can be.

Nope. Science is not a date therefore science cannot be a date.

James___ wrote:When a cosmic event occurs, that can create a scientific date.

This makes no sense. Let's try again.

If I am looking at a date, how can I tell if it is a scientific date as opposed to a regular, ordinary, plain vanilla, non-scientific date?

I'll give some examples and you tell me which ones are scientific dates and why:

March 4, 1903
September 19, 1772
April 2, 808
June 3, 44 BC
June 3, 44 million BC
June 3, 3021
June 3, 43021

James___ wrote:The ancient Egyptians used 2 calendars.

The lavender one for the living room and the crimson one for the refrigerator.

James___ wrote:One was a lunar calendar and the other a solar calendar. Both used science to determine the "date".

What science do you believe they used to determine the date? You speak as though there is such a thing as an absolute date that can be " determined " by science. Are you ready for some bad news?

James___ wrote:An example is the spring rains in Ethiopia can be dated by the Full Moon.

Perhaps you can see the flaws in your thinking. You are claiming an entire season is mapped to one specific date, ... through math, not science. You might want to rethink your position and select more accurate wording.

22-10-2021 03:15
(5196)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Science is not a date.

The ancient Egyptians used 2 calendars. One was a lunar calendar and the other a solar calendar. Both used science to determine the "date".
An example is the spring rains in Ethiopia can be dated by the Full Moon. They were dated that way. This let the ancient Egyptians know when to sow their fields.
If they went by the solar calendar (365 days), then they might plant their crops in Egypt before the spring rains arrived in Ethiopia. And if that happened then they'd lose their crops that they just planted. How is it you do not know how to use science to date something? It's been around for 4,000 years.
And to be nice, I'll give you the answer, okay? When it rains in Ethiopia, Lake Tana's water level will rise. The spring rains also feed streams that feed into the Blue Nile. With the Atbara or Red Nile, it only flows when it rains.
And hopefully you know that the Blue and Red Nile rivers create the Nile River in Egypt. And a lot of the land that was farmed in ancient Egypt was on a flood plain.

p.s., isn't it interesting that a Full Moon is associated with the spring rains which means those rains can vary. But then how does the Moon influence this? That's where science comes into play.

p.s.s., an equinox is when basically the day and the night are both 12 hours which creates a "science date". Then a calendar can be adjusted so that the same events happen at the same date on the calendar throughout the rest of the year.
Since there is a leap year once every 4 years, the science date would have an error margin of plus or minus 8 hours. And each year, that value would increase by a factor of 1.

Amazing!!! Egyptians predicted weather, with hi precision, and our modern weather geeks basically look out the window, flip a coin, and call it maybe rain today... our modern weather geeks have computer models, historic data, Doppler radar, and dozens of tools to work with, and still are basically guessing. Didn't the Egyptians have a few decades of drought? Did they predict that?

The rivers flow all year long, most of it is runoff from mountains (snow & ice, glaciers, rainfall). Flooding isn't restricted to spring showers...
22-10-2021 03:55
(14389)

HarveyH55 wrote:
Didn't the Egyptians have a few decades of drought? Did they predict that?

They were using the wrong calendar.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-10-2021 04:14
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

Joseph who was their slave predicted it for them. So the Egyptians knew it was coming. Obviously Harvey has read his Bible.
22-10-2021 08:13
(14389)

James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Joseph who was their slave predicted it for them. So the Egyptians knew it was coming.

Joseph used the calendar of many colors. It had all seven years of scientific dates for great harvests and all seven years of scientific dates for the scrawny cows eating the fat cows. The problem was that it didn't list/correlate the phases of the moon. That's why the Egyptians were ultimately unprepared. They were preparing for the wrong full moon.

I hate when that happens.

22-10-2021 09:33
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Science is not a date.

Science is not a date.
James___ wrote:

Science is not a date.
James___ wrote:

p.s.s., an equinox is when basically the day and the night are both 12 hours which creates a "science date".

Science is not a date.
James___ wrote:
Then a calendar can be adjusted so that the same events happen at the same date on the calendar throughout the rest of the year.

Science is not setting a clock or a calendar.
James___ wrote:

Science is not a date.

The Parrot Killer

22-10-2021 13:03
(5196)
Seasons don't start/end on a specific day, week, or month. Most likely, the Egyptians were aware of frequent flooding, from spring runoff, and simply waited until the worst of it was done. Hope for the best, after making the required offerings to the gods. Wait, weren't the Pharaohs looked upon as 'gods'?

Did they wait for the spring floods out of fear of crops getting washed away. Or did they wait, because the flood waters washed river sediment and fish crap over there the farmland, fertilizing the sandy soil?
22-10-2021 16:56
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Seasons don't start/end on a specific day, week, or month. Most likely, the Egyptians were aware of frequent flooding, from spring runoff, and simply waited until the worst of it was done. Hope for the best, after making the required offerings to the gods. Wait, weren't the Pharaohs looked upon as 'gods'?

Did they wait for the spring floods out of fear of crops getting washed away. Or did they wait, because the flood waters washed river sediment and fish crap over there the farmland, fertilizing the sandy soil?

It was the lunar calendar (the Moon) which they used for planting. This could float the seeds they planted out of the soil. If so then they'd be washed away by the flooding.
The flooding also deposited silt and top soil as you said. Basically it was a natural fertilizer.
Why the Moon helps it to rain in Ethiopia would be because of it affects the tide.
It seems that in ancient Egypt that the tides and the changing of the seasons influenced when spring flooding occurred in Egypt.
If they went by a New Moon for the start of a lunar month then they wouldn't have been able to see the Moon because it'd be between the Earth and the Sun. About any other day, even during the day time the Moon would be visible.
And this would cause high tide during around noon. And from about noon to 4 pm is the warmest part of the day. And this would increase the amount of moisture in the atmosphere.
22-10-2021 17:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:

Science is not a date.

Stonehenge it is believed used science as dates. Can you come into the modern age as recently as Stonehenge ITN? Please?

Long ago, even during the time when the Romans were first exploring the British Isles and establishing their northernmost outposts, Stonehenge was already considered an ancient mystery.

https://www.wwu.edu/astro101/stonehenge.shtml

Attached image:

22-10-2021 17:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Joseph who was their slave predicted it for them. So the Egyptians knew it was coming.

Joseph used the calendar of many colors. It had all seven years of scientific dates for great harvests and all seven years of scientific dates for the scrawny cows eating the fat cows. The problem was that it didn't list/correlate the phases of the moon. That's why the Egyptians were ultimately unprepared. They were preparing for the wrong full moon.

I hate when that happens.

Are you Mormon by any chance? If you'd get away from religion son, please slowly walk away from it, okay?
Ancient Egypt it seems during the reigns of Pepi I and his son Pepi II had a mega drought. That's what science and not religion says.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2189802/Egyptian-kingdom-died-4-200-years-ago-following-mega-drought-caused-climate-change.html
22-10-2021 17:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And with this article, scientists in Tel Aviv say that Egypt planned for a drought that lasted for about 150 years. Do you know how much grain would have to be stored to allow for that? This is why research like this suggests that it might be more about propaganda and less about science. ie., they're supporting the Torah and the Old Testament in the Bible. What was clearly written was a period of 7 years of fat cows and then 7 years of IBDM. 150 years is not 7 years.

More than 3,000 years ago the queen of the Hittites, who lived in what is now Turkey, sent a clay tablet to Ramses II, the Egyptian pharaoh, with an S O S: "I have no grain in my lands."

Previously, the two kingdoms had been at war. Now a severe drought was carving a path of destruction through the ancient Levant, killing crops, cattle and people.

But the Egyptians, unlike the Hittites, had anticipated a crisis and planned ahead for a food shortage, researchers at Tel Aviv University say. And in an attempt to stabilize their borders, the pharoahs appear to have mounted a relief effort, sending grain to their former enemies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/30/climate/egypt-climate-drought.html

Edited on 22-10-2021 17:47
22-10-2021 19:16
(14389)

James___ wrote:Are you Mormon by any chance?

Of course I am, genius. If you hadn't figured it out soon I was planning on dropping hints like rattling of profanities and telling you what kind of coffee I just drank. You should have realized immediately when I told you that I was an atheist that I have a profound belief in the Christian God. I don't know how you weren't able to put two and two together.

James___ wrote: If you'd get away from religion son, please slowly walk away from it, okay?

Not on your life.

James___ wrote: Ancient Egypt it seems during the reigns of Pepi I and his son Pepi II had a mega drought. That's what science and not religion says.

I just reviewed the entirety of science and nope, there is nary a peep on that subject. I think you might be confusing science with HISTORY. It's easy to do. Both look exactly alike.

22-10-2021 19:37
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Seasons don't start/end on a specific day, week, or month.

Seasons start and end on specific days. These are fixed moments according to earth-solar events.

Spring begins on the vernal (rising) equinox. In 2022, this is on March 20, at 0032 UTC.
Summer begins at the summer solstice. In 2022, this is on June 20, at 1914 UTC.
Autumn begins at the autumnal (sinking) equinox. In 2022, this is on Sept 21, at 1103 UTC.
Winter begins at the winter solstice. In 2021, this is on December 20, at 2358 UTC.

HarveyH55 wrote:
Most likely, the Egyptians were aware of frequent flooding, from spring runoff, and simply waited until the worst of it was done. Hope for the best, after making the required offerings to the gods. Wait, weren't the Pharaohs looked upon as 'gods'?

Yes.
HarveyH55 wrote:

The Nile rises in two places, both combining to bring fertilizer to the fields with each flood. The Egyptians became quite talented at civil engineering, building extensive canal systems to irrigate the land.

The date the river would rise and fall with the seasons wasn't completely fixed obviously, but it was good enough for the farmers.

The Parrot Killer

22-10-2021 19:38
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Science is not a date.

Stonehenge it is believed used science as dates. Can you come into the modern age as recently as Stonehenge ITN? Please?

Long ago, even during the time when the Romans were first exploring the British Isles and establishing their northernmost outposts, Stonehenge was already considered an ancient mystery.

https://www.wwu.edu/astro101/stonehenge.shtml

Science is not a date. It is not a structure, building, or calendar either.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 22-10-2021 19:40
22-10-2021 20:16
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Guys, IBDM might need an intervention. He's obviously conflicted. It seems like he wants to come out of the closet and admit that he doesn't drink coffee. AA says
de Nile is the first sign of guilt.
Sadly ITNstein doesn't realize that science is a date. I don't like what I'm thinking if he wouldn't date science.

p.s., with the 150 year drought when Ramses and his son Ra-Ramses were phaoroh they knew how to use de Nile for irrigation. Kind of like IBDM having his tea and crumpets while being in de Nile.

Attached image:

Edited on 22-10-2021 20:50
22-10-2021 21:07
(5196)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Seasons start and end on specific days. These are fixed moments according to earth-solar events.

Spring begins on the vernal (rising) equinox. In 2022, this is on March 20, at 0032 UTC.
Autumn begins at the autumnal (sinking) equinox. In 2022, this is on Sept 21, at 1103 UTC.
Winter begins at the winter solstice. In 2021, this is on December 20, at 2358 UTC.

HarveyH55 wrote:
Most likely, the Egyptians were aware of frequent flooding, from spring runoff, and simply waited until the worst of it was done. Hope for the best, after making the required offerings to the gods. Wait, weren't the Pharaohs looked upon as 'gods'?

Yes.
HarveyH55 wrote:

The Nile rises in two places, both combining to bring fertilizer to the fields with each flood. The Egyptians became quite talented at civil engineering, building extensive canal systems to irrigate the land.

The date the river would rise and fall with the seasons wasn't completely fixed obviously, but it was good enough for the farmers.

We can make any declaration we want, but nature doesn't always comply. But, I'll leave the semantics up to you, to play with...
23-10-2021 00:35
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Guys, IBDM might need an intervention. He's obviously conflicted. It seems like he wants to come out of the closet and admit that he doesn't drink coffee. AA says
de Nile is the first sign of guilt.
Sadly ITNstein doesn't realize that science is a date. I don't like what I'm thinking if he wouldn't date science.

p.s., with the 150 year drought when Ramses and his son Ra-Ramses were phaoroh they knew how to use de Nile for irrigation. Kind of like IBDM having his tea and crumpets while being in de Nile.
Science is not a date.
Science is a set of falsifiable theories.

The Parrot Killer

23-10-2021 00:37
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

HarveyH55 wrote:

Yes.
HarveyH55 wrote:

We can make any declaration we want, but nature doesn't always comply. But, I'll leave the semantics up to you, to play with...

These dates are fixed. They are the result of naturally occurring orbits and declination.

The Parrot Killer

23-10-2021 01:29
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
Science is not a date.

An equinox is a science date. Can you falsify that? No YOU can't because it "IS".
Unlike your religious beliefs, while scientists does not like it because they can be like you, theories can be expanded upon.
If you notice, scientists in Tel-Aviv used logic to allude to a prophecy warned Ramses and his son Ra-Ramses that a drought was coming. Their logic did not allow them to consider that Egyptians had learned how to irrigate their crops.
In that instance, they are like you. And with the scientists in Tel_Aviv, do they not know the history of the Middle East? Does their logic not allow for it? The shaduf is a counter weighted manual water pump. They simply pull the bucket down into the water and then release it. The counter weight will then lift the bucket out of the Nile. This is how they irrigated crops during a drought.
Attached image:

23-10-2021 04:20
(5196)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Science is not a date.

An equinox is a science date. Can you falsify that? No YOU can't because it "IS".
Unlike your religious beliefs, while scientists does not like it because they can be like you, theories can be expanded upon.
If you notice, scientists in Tel-Aviv used logic to allude to a prophecy warned Ramses and his son Ra-Ramses that a drought was coming. Their logic did not allow them to consider that Egyptians had learned how to irrigate their crops.
In that instance, they are like you. And with the scientists in Tel_Aviv, do they not know the history of the Middle East? Does their logic not allow for it? The shaduf is a counter weighted manual water pump. They simply pull the bucket down into the water and then release it. The counter weight will then lift the bucket out of the Nile. This is how they irrigated crops during a drought.

Wouldn't a gravity wheel move more water? It was a predictable drought...
23-10-2021 05:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Science is not a date.

Wouldn't a gravity wheel move more water? It was a predictable drought...

Free energy comes at a cost Harvey. If something generates 0.1 H.P. and rotates because of gravity, how long will it take to generate meaningful power?
With what I'm doing, have a garden that you want a "free standing" water wheel for? This would do that. And the river or stream could flow from a stream that is lost in the shrubbery. It'd be a cool effect.
Don't have access to a better source of energy? Then people who live in the "bush", think Africa could have some power albeit very limited.
With what I said about gardening, the attached image could have it's backside up against a fence or other landscaping so it looks natural. You know, the stream is flowing from out of your view. And since it'd also be a real water wheel, it would have 2 sources of energy to pump water back up to the top. And while water is heavy, leads density is 11.4 times greater.
Attached image:

Edited on 23-10-2021 05:04
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate What It Means To Be Norse:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
What It Means To Be James___8102-11-2021 20:15
What It Means To Be An American825-10-2021 14:09
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.4113-10-2016 23:24
M2C2 - where all or nothing means nothing317-10-2015 05:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact