Remember me
▼ Content

What It Means To Be Norse



Page 2 of 2<12
23-10-2021 06:08
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
James___ wrote:Guys, IBDM might need an intervention.

Yes, absolutely. I'm selling tickets at $20 apiece.

James___ wrote: He's obviously conflicted.

You got me there. I can never choose between paper or plastic.

James___ wrote:It seems like he wants to come out of the closet and admit that he doesn't drink coffee.

Close.

I need to come out of the closet and admit that I go through one of these every month ... just like a good Mormon.



James___ wrote:Kind of like IBDM having his tea and crumpets while being in de Nile.

Not tea and crumpets. Coffee and bacon-wrapped wings.

Oh, just as a sidenote, the British do tea and biscuits, ... or tea and scones, or just tea, but not tea and crumpets so much.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-10-2021 06:11
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
And Harvey, I think I've posted before that a better solar panel should be pursued or even hydrogen power. The current design that solar panels use is a passive system. It does nothing to pull or remove heat from atmospheric gasses. That's getting into more advanced physics but then I am wanting to change atmospheric chemistry and physics.
And the funny thing is, there might be a way to do it. Kind of why I take an interest in science. With "perpetual motion", it might be a way to relate an understanding of the conservation of energy. It would be cyclical just as any atom, molecule, etc. is. I guess in a way it's about understanding how systems work.
23-10-2021 06:56
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Seasons don't start/end on a specific day, week, or month.
Seasons start and end on specific days. These are fixed moments according to earth-solar events.

This is a case of the two of you talking past each other. You are both saying the same thing in belief that you are somehow in disagreement.

The dates of the seasons are dependent variables. Planetary orbits and rotations are independent variables.

Into the Night is correct that we humans arbitrarily declare dates, with our decisions being based on the earth's year, which is fixed and determined by the earth's orbit around the barycenter.

Harvey is absolutely correct that the weather on any given future day will be unknown and will not somehow feel obligated to behave in accordance with what we humans have decided to call a particular day.

James__ is absolutely correct that I should drink less coffee than I do and that I am not being a good Mormon.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-10-2021 08:12
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1441)
Of course where I live in reverso land its all the complete opposite and our water spins the opposite way as well.I have studied with the Mormons but I am not giving up coffee
23-10-2021 09:35
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)


duncan61 wrote:I have studied with the Mormons but I am not giving up coffee

A funny anecdote:

I spent a good deal of time travelling around Kabul (Afghanistan) with a particular Mormon. Since Afghans insist on drinking chai (tea) during conversations, the Mormon and I had this arrangement whereby I would drink my chai and then discretely switch glasses with him to make it appear that he had finished his and that I was "still working on mine."

During one particular conversation in Southwest Kabul, one Afghan asked of the Mormon "You're a Muslim, right?" to which the Mormon responded "No, I am a Mormon." The Afghan responded "Yes, I realize that's what you call it in English. In Dari we say 'Muslim'." The Mormon shook his head and insisted "No, I'm a Mormon. It's an entirely different religion."

The Afghan, certain that the Mormon was confused, asked "You believe in only one God, right?"
Mormon: "Yes, just one."
Afghan: "You don't drink alcohol, right?"
Mormon: "Correct."
Afghan: "Right. The correct word for that is "Muslim."
Mormon: "I eat pork. Lots of it."
Afghan: "Well, nobody is a perfect Muslim."

After a brief, awkward pause in which the Mormon didn't know quite how to respond ... we continued discussing our previous business. The Afghan believed he had confirmed his suspicions that the Mormon was a Muslim and all was well in the world.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-10-2021 17:04
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
duncan61 wrote:
Of course where I live in reverso land its all the complete opposite and our water spins the opposite way as well.I have studied with the Mormons but I am not giving up coffee



?sdrawkcab gnihtyreve evah t'nod "htron pu" su taht wonk uoy od woh dnA
23-10-2021 18:15
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3804)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Seasons don't start/end on a specific day, week, or month.
Seasons start and end on specific days. These are fixed moments according to earth-solar events.

This is a case of the two of you talking past each other. You are both saying the same thing in belief that you are somehow in disagreement.

The dates of the seasons are dependent variables. Planetary orbits and rotations are independent variables.

Into the Night is correct that we humans arbitrarily declare dates, with our decisions being based on the earth's year, which is fixed and determined by the earth's orbit around the barycenter.

Harvey is absolutely correct that the weather on any given future day will be unknown and will not somehow feel obligated to behave in accordance with what we humans have decided to call a particular day.

James__ is absolutely correct that I should drink less coffee than I do and that I am not being a good Mormon.

.


True, but the context of the discussion was farming. Doesn't really matter how the stars and moon line up, the weather that kills crops tend to spill over at the beginning, and at the end. Growing up, it was flooding (often...), but late frosts, even snow. Young plants die easy... Early frosts toward the end of summer can ruin crops as well. Both are a concern, for about a month, before and after the official declaration of the season's start or end. The official date, is arbitrary, to what nature actually does every year. Nobody has been able to actually predict the future. Florida declares a 'Hurricane' Season every year. We've had storms come early, before the official starting day. We've had hurricanes after, late as December...

Some people put a lot of stock into Astrology, Numerology, Tarot Cards, crystal balls, goat entrails... The get lucky every now and then...
23-10-2021 18:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
And Harvey, I think I've posted before that a better solar panel should be pursued or even hydrogen power. The current design that solar panels use is a passive system. It does nothing to pull or remove heat from atmospheric gasses. That's getting into more advanced physics but then I am wanting to change atmospheric chemistry and physics.
And the funny thing is, there might be a way to do it. Kind of why I take an interest in science. With "perpetual motion", it might be a way to relate an understanding of the conservation of energy. It would be cyclical just as any atom, molecule, etc. is. I guess in a way it's about understanding how systems work.

You want a machine to take thermal energy out of the air and concentrate it? See your local air conditioner installation company.

BTW...these things require power.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
23-10-2021 20:15
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
And Harvey, I think I've posted before that a better solar panel should be pursued or even hydrogen power. The current design that solar panels use is a passive system. It does nothing to pull or remove heat from atmospheric gasses. That's getting into more advanced physics but then I am wanting to change atmospheric chemistry and physics.
And the funny thing is, there might be a way to do it. Kind of why I take an interest in science. With "perpetual motion", it might be a way to relate an understanding of the conservation of energy. It would be cyclical just as any atom, molecule, etc. is. I guess in a way it's about understanding how systems work.

You want a machine to take thermal energy out of the air and concentrate it? See your local air conditioner installation company.

BTW...these things require power.



I have 2 of them. I named one Adam and the other Eve.


p.s., the heat content energy in the Earth's gravitational field is actually kinetic energy. As such heat is related to kinetic energy because 1/2mv^2 = 3/2kT.
I thought we'd already covered this? Have you not been keeping up on your lessons?
Edited on 23-10-2021 20:22
23-10-2021 21:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)


James___ wrote:p.s., the heat content energy in the Earth's gravitational field is actually kinetic energy.

What are you claiming "heat content energy" to be? Heat can never be contained so there is no such thing "heat content", thus precluding the idea that "heat content" is somehow a form of energy.

... but you say otherwise?

James___ wrote:As such heat is related to kinetic energy because 1/2mv^2 = 3/2kT.

Unfortunately, no. Heat is not related to kinetic energy. You know that a baseball's temperature does not change when you throw it because the change in kinetic energy does not alter any flow of thermal energy.

You attempted to show a relationship between molecular kinetic energy and absolute temperature ... but heat is not temperature. Heat affects temperature but it is not temperature.

I thought we'd already covered this? Have you not been keeping up on your lessons? Just scratch your statement above.

Also, you never answered my question:

IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:When a cosmic event occurs, that can create a scientific date.
If I am looking at a date, how can I tell if it is a scientific date as opposed to a regular, ordinary, plain vanilla, non-scientific date?

I'll give some examples and you tell me which ones are scientific dates and why:

March 4, 1903
September 19, 1772
April 2, 808
June 3, 44 BC
June 3, 44 million BC
June 3, 3021
June 3, 43021


Please tell me which of the dates mentioned above are scientific dates and why.

Thank you in advance.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-10-2021 22:17
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
IBdaMann wrote:

... but you say otherwise?

James___ wrote:As such heat is related to kinetic energy because 1/2mv^2 = 3/2kT.

Unfortunately, no. Heat is not related to kinetic energy. You know that a baseball's temperature does not change when you throw it because the change in kinetic energy does not alter any flow of thermal energy.




If the temperature of a baseball when thrown does not change, then that means there is no atmosphere. A shuttle on reentry heats up for the same reason. It's called friction because there is an atmosphere.


p.s., when we convert heat into kinetic energy, then we can convert that kinetic energy into force. And if you want to accelerate something like a rocket launching a shuttle into space, then that force can be realized as thrust.
See how simple this is? It's not like it's rocket science.

Edited on 23-10-2021 22:18
23-10-2021 22:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

... but you say otherwise?

James___ wrote:As such heat is related to kinetic energy because 1/2mv^2 = 3/2kT.

Unfortunately, no. Heat is not related to kinetic energy. You know that a baseball's temperature does not change when you throw it because the change in kinetic energy does not alter any flow of thermal energy.




If the temperature of a baseball when thrown does not change, then that means there is no atmosphere. A shuttle on reentry heats up for the same reason. It's called friction because there is an atmosphere.


p.s., when we convert heat into kinetic energy, then we can convert that kinetic energy into force. And if you want to accelerate something like a rocket launching a shuttle into space, then that force can be realized as thrust.
See how simple this is? It's not like it's rocket science.


It is 'rocket science'. Rockets have to go through the atmosphere just like a baseball does.
Fortunately, rocket science is really pretty simple.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Edited on 23-10-2021 22:29
24-10-2021 00:07
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)


James___ wrote:If the temperature of a baseball when thrown does not change, then that means there is no atmosphere.

Irrelevant. If you throw a baseball in a vacuum, the temperature still does not increase, yet the kinetic energy increases.

If you increase the temperature of a baseball, it's velocity does not change ... ergo it's kinetic energy does not change.

Kinetic energy increases yet temperature does not change.
Temperature increases yet velocity does not change.

There is no relationship, there is no dependency, one does not affect the other.

James___ wrote:p.s., when we convert heat into kinetic energy,

Heat is not a form of energy. Heat is a flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another.

By the way, you never answered my question, probably because you just missed it.

IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:When a cosmic event occurs, that can create a scientific date.
If I am looking at a date, how can I tell if it is a scientific date as opposed to a regular, ordinary, plain vanilla, non-scientific date?

I'll give some examples and you tell me which ones are scientific dates and why:

March 4, 1903
September 19, 1772
April 2, 808
June 3, 44 BC
June 3, 44 million BC
June 3, 3021
June 3, 43021


Please tell me which of the dates mentioned above are scientific dates and why.

Thank you in advance.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-10-2021 03:08
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
IBdaMann wrote:


James___ wrote:If the temperature of a baseball when thrown does not change, then that means there is no atmosphere.

Irrelevant. If you throw a baseball in a vacuum, the temperature still does not increase, yet the kinetic energy increases.

If you increase the temperature of a baseball, it's velocity does not change ... ergo it's kinetic energy does not change.

Kinetic energy increases yet temperature does not change.
Temperature increases yet velocity does not change.

There is no relationship, there is no dependency, one does not affect the other.

James___ wrote:p.s., when we convert heat into kinetic energy,

Heat is not a form of energy. Heat is a flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another.

By the way, you never answered my question, probably because you just missed it.

IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:When a cosmic event occurs, that can create a scientific date.
If I am looking at a date, how can I tell if it is a scientific date as opposed to a regular, ordinary, plain vanilla, non-scientific date?

I'll give some examples and you tell me which ones are scientific dates and why:

March 4, 1903
September 19, 1772
April 2, 808
June 3, 44 BC
June 3, 44 million BC
June 3, 3021
June 3, 43021


Please tell me which of the dates mentioned above are scientific dates and why.

Thank you in advance.

.



Why do comets have tails? Don't tell me all of that kinetic energy is causing it to heat up.
24-10-2021 03:41
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3804)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:


James___ wrote:If the temperature of a baseball when thrown does not change, then that means there is no atmosphere.

Irrelevant. If you throw a baseball in a vacuum, the temperature still does not increase, yet the kinetic energy increases.

If you increase the temperature of a baseball, it's velocity does not change ... ergo it's kinetic energy does not change.

Kinetic energy increases yet temperature does not change.
Temperature increases yet velocity does not change.

There is no relationship, there is no dependency, one does not affect the other.

James___ wrote:p.s., when we convert heat into kinetic energy,

Heat is not a form of energy. Heat is a flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another.

By the way, you never answered my question, probably because you just missed it.

IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:When a cosmic event occurs, that can create a scientific date.
If I am looking at a date, how can I tell if it is a scientific date as opposed to a regular, ordinary, plain vanilla, non-scientific date?

I'll give some examples and you tell me which ones are scientific dates and why:

March 4, 1903
September 19, 1772
April 2, 808
June 3, 44 BC
June 3, 44 million BC
June 3, 3021
June 3, 43021


Please tell me which of the dates mentioned above are scientific dates and why.

Thank you in advance.

.



Why do comets have tails? Don't tell me all of that kinetic energy is causing it to heat up.


Comet tails are dust and ice crystals... Don't know how many thousands MPH they move, but certainly the comet is going shed a little. The space shuttle use to lose heat tiles every mission...
24-10-2021 06:06
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Comet tails are dust and ice crystals... Don't know how many thousands MPH they move, but certainly the comet is going shed a little. The space shuttle use to lose heat tiles every mission...



With the space shuttle, friction does cause stress as well as heat. A slight change in the chemistry (types of molecules) or the pressure of the atmosphere in the upper atmosphere can change the load that stress from friction places on parts.
With comets, is that because of their kinetic energy? That's what needs to be considered.
Halley's comet has a mass of 2.2×10^14 kg and
moves at 55 km/s or 123,031 mph.
Its has 334,262,500,000,000,000 or 334.262 quadrillion joules kinetic energy. Could that cause it to have dandruff maybe?
24-10-2021 06:55
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)


James___ wrote:Why do comets have tails?

Ice falls/breaks off.

When a comet is closer to the sun the tail "grows" because the increased temperature increases the rate ice falls/breaks off.

Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-10-2021 17:57
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3804)
Did a comet create the hole in the ozone layer? Seems like the global ban on spray cans, didn't actually change the fact that we still have a hole in the ozone, that grows every time a comet passes, and shrinks slowly, until the next. Of course, the 'crisis' was averted, once the ban was accomplished, economic turmoil created, profits made.

Climate change, is just another ozone-hole scam. Nothing is actually going to be changed, except government control, economic chaos, and redistribution of global wealth. The covid-crisis is another weapon of mass economic destruction, governmental tool to grab more power and control away from the people.

The supply-chain, logistics crisis seems to be the latest, and greatest. Not sure how all these cargo ships suddenly got built, or why we are having so much trouble unloading them. Obviously, there aren't going to be more ships built, than anybody needs. The still cost a lot of money to maintain, even if they aren't being used. If the ships are going to be loaded, and just sitting for weeks, then manufactures are going to need to shutdown, since there is limited warehouse space. Think there are shortages, because the cargo ships aren't getting unload. Wait until we get hit with shortages, do to production losses, from plants having to shutdown, do to the lack of warehouse space. Those shipping containers are stuffed full of crap we don't really need. But, the also carry a lot of parts and pieces, we should be making domestically. Those parts are need to manufacture a lot of essential products, and services. These are also replacement parts needed to make repairs. Car breaks down, part is on back order... Your fleet of semi trucks need regular maintenance parts, and consume quite a few regularly, due to all the miles and abuse. Everything mechanical, wears down parts, and eventually fail. Many of those are manufactured overseas these days. Those parts don't do any good, sitting in a shipping container, that won't be unloaded for weeks. Somebody caused the backlog of cargo ships. The backlog is due to not unloading them, and transporting the goods. Get use to it, since solar panels and windmills aren't going to fuel the big rigs, or trains used to ship cargo...
24-10-2021 18:35
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:Guys, IBDM might need an intervention.

Yes, absolutely. I'm selling tickets at $20 apiece.

James___ wrote: He's obviously conflicted.

You got me there. I can never choose between paper or plastic.

James___ wrote:It seems like he wants to come out of the closet and admit that he doesn't drink coffee.

Close.

I need to come out of the closet and admit that I go through one of these every month ... just like a good Mormon.



James___ wrote:Kind of like IBDM having his tea and crumpets while being in de Nile.

Not tea and crumpets. Coffee and bacon-wrapped wings.

Oh, just as a sidenote, the British do tea and biscuits, ... or tea and scones, or just tea, but not tea and crumpets so much.

.



Ezekiel 8:12; He said to me, "Son of man, have you seen what the elders of Israel are doing in the darkness, each at the shrine of his own idol?

And not Ezekiel 21;


p.s., I have him on my fantasy team even though they said to draft him lower.

Attached image:


Edited on 24-10-2021 18:36
24-10-2021 18:41
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Did a comet create the hole in the ozone layer? Seems like the global ban on spray cans, didn't actually change the fact that we still have a hole in the ozone, that grows every time a comet passes, and shrinks slowly, until the next. Of course, the 'crisis' was averted, once the ban was accomplished, economic turmoil created, profits made.

Climate change, is just another ozone-hole scam. Nothing is actually going to be changed, except government control, economic chaos, and redistribution of global wealth. The covid-crisis is another weapon of mass economic destruction, governmental tool to grab more power and control away from the people.

The supply-chain, logistics crisis seems to be the latest, and greatest. Not sure how all these cargo ships suddenly got built, or why we are having so much trouble unloading them. Obviously, there aren't going to be more ships built, than anybody needs. The still cost a lot of money to maintain, even if they aren't being used. If the ships are going to be loaded, and just sitting for weeks, then manufactures are going to need to shutdown, since there is limited warehouse space. Think there are shortages, because the cargo ships aren't getting unload. Wait until we get hit with shortages, do to production losses, from plants having to shutdown, do to the lack of warehouse space. Those shipping containers are stuffed full of crap we don't really need. But, the also carry a lot of parts and pieces, we should be making domestically. Those parts are need to manufacture a lot of essential products, and services. These are also replacement parts needed to make repairs. Car breaks down, part is on back order... Your fleet of semi trucks need regular maintenance parts, and consume quite a few regularly, due to all the miles and abuse. Everything mechanical, wears down parts, and eventually fail. Many of those are manufactured overseas these days. Those parts don't do any good, sitting in a shipping container, that won't be unloaded for weeks. Somebody caused the backlog of cargo ships. The backlog is due to not unloading them, and transporting the goods. Get use to it, since solar panels and windmills aren't going to fuel the big rigs, or trains used to ship cargo...



Harvey, and we're back to what the IPCC has said and NOAA accepts. Okay?
Ozone depletion to date would have been greater if not for the historical increases in CO2 and CH4.


It's ODSs that are having a negative impact on the ozone layer. An example is that CCl4 which is banned chemical is still at 10% of preban levels. Its source is not known.
With imports, would it be such a bad thing if some of the supply chain were moved to Central and South America? And who knows, people might start losing the desire to migrate to the US.
24-10-2021 18:50
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
IBdaMann wrote:


James___ wrote:Why do comets have tails?

Ice falls/breaks off.

When a comet is closer to the sun the tail "grows" because the increased temperature increases the rate ice falls/breaks off.

Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

.



We really can't be sure of that unless we observe comets not bound in a solar system. When Halley's Comet is moving away from the Sun, it's traveling 65%
the speed of light. This would decrease the effect of both solar radiation and the solar wind by 2/3rds. Has this been observed?
Of course this ratio can be modified depending on the angle of ascent back into the outer part of our solar system.
25-10-2021 00:19
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
I misstated Halley's Comet relative to the speed of light. I got mixed up with seconds and mph. My bad. The speed of light is about 5450 times as fast. With the solar wind, it is about 800 km/s. That's about 16 times faster.
The difference in the solar wind should be noticeable in that comet's tail. It's length should differ in length by about 14%. Basically when it is moving away from the Sun, it's tail should be 14% shorter than when it's approaching the Sun.
If that's not observed then what's exciting Halley's Comet? Dark matter?


p.s., astronomers say the Milky Way Galaxy is in a field of Dark Matter and that it acts on matter at a gravitational level. Maybe that's how the kinetic energy of the Sun's gravity is transferred to thinks like planets and comets?

Scientists think that a halo of dark matter surrounds the Milky Way, extending out far beyond its visible edge, as occurs at other galaxies.
https://www.space.com/dark-matter-slows-milky-way-rotation

Edited on 25-10-2021 00:40
25-10-2021 03:59
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
@All, when Halley's comet has over 334 quadrillion joules/watts of energy, the Sun's emissions pale in comparison. The Earth has 6,957,358,799 joules/watts of energy.
Halley's comet has 209,580,838 times as much kinetic energy as the Earth. The relationship between the mass of the comet and Earth would show how mass changes the orbit of a celestial body orbiting the Sun.
Haven't I told you guys that Math Is Fun! ? Now for a serious question, the 49ers are up 12 to 7. Have they kicked 4 field goals in the first quarter? Or did they miss an extra point or have a failed 2 point conversion?

p.s., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viOkh9al0xM

p.s.s., Я хочу учусь как говоpить, да? тогда я могaл быль сказать его так как быль, да!


D@mn, I accidentally typed govopeet and not govoreet. But when I want to say "is", I know it's not быль or is it? Maybe it's быть? Or is it бы?
Science is easy in comparison.
Edited on 25-10-2021 04:27
25-10-2021 06:08
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
James___ wrote:@All, when Halley's comet has over 334 quadrillion joules/watts of energy, the Sun's emissions pale in comparison. The Earth has 6,957,358,799 joules/watts of energy.

What I genuinely appreciate about you James__ is that you don't just fabricate numbers and expect us to just believe them. No. You very effectively copy-paste someone else's fabricated numbers which you offer freely without any requirement or expectation that we question or doubt or scrutinize.

Thank you.

James___ wrote: Halley's comet has 209,580,838 times as much kinetic energy as the Earth.

I know. We measured it with satellites.

James___ wrote: p.s.s., Я хочу учусь как говоpить, да? тогда я могaл быль сказать его так как быль, да!

Вы могли бы начать с того, что узнали, что никто не сжигает ископаемые для топлива, верно?

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-10-2021 14:16
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Did a comet create the hole in the ozone layer? Seems like the global ban on spray cans, didn't actually change the fact that we still have a hole in the ozone, that grows every time a comet passes, and shrinks slowly, until the next. Of course, the 'crisis' was averted, once the ban was accomplished, economic turmoil created, profits made.

Climate change, is just another ozone-hole scam. Nothing is actually going to be changed, except government control, economic chaos, and redistribution of global wealth. The covid-crisis is another weapon of mass economic destruction, governmental tool to grab more power and control away from the people.

The supply-chain, logistics crisis seems to be the latest, and greatest. Not sure how all these cargo ships suddenly got built, or why we are having so much trouble unloading them. Obviously, there aren't going to be more ships built, than anybody needs. The still cost a lot of money to maintain, even if they aren't being used. If the ships are going to be loaded, and just sitting for weeks, then manufactures are going to need to shutdown, since there is limited warehouse space. Think there are shortages, because the cargo ships aren't getting unload. Wait until we get hit with shortages, do to production losses, from plants having to shutdown, do to the lack of warehouse space. Those shipping containers are stuffed full of crap we don't really need. But, the also carry a lot of parts and pieces, we should be making domestically. Those parts are need to manufacture a lot of essential products, and services. These are also replacement parts needed to make repairs. Car breaks down, part is on back order... Your fleet of semi trucks need regular maintenance parts, and consume quite a few regularly, due to all the miles and abuse. Everything mechanical, wears down parts, and eventually fail. Many of those are manufactured overseas these days. Those parts don't do any good, sitting in a shipping container, that won't be unloaded for weeks. Somebody caused the backlog of cargo ships. The backlog is due to not unloading them, and transporting the goods. Get use to it, since solar panels and windmills aren't going to fuel the big rigs, or trains used to ship cargo...



Harvey, and we're back to what the IPCC has said and NOAA accepts. Okay?
Ozone depletion to date would have been greater if not for the historical increases in CO2 and CH4.


It's ODSs that are having a negative impact on the ozone layer. An example is that CCl4 which is banned chemical is still at 10% of preban levels. Its source is not known.
With imports, would it be such a bad thing if some of the supply chain were moved to Central and South America? And who knows, people might start losing the desire to migrate to the US.

I really don't give a dead rat's ass what the IPCC or NOAA accept.

The ozone layer is not being depleted. NONE of the chemicals you mention are capable of depleting the ozone layer. Supply chains aren't moved around arbitrarily.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
25-10-2021 14:19
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:


James___ wrote:Why do comets have tails?

Ice falls/breaks off.

When a comet is closer to the sun the tail "grows" because the increased temperature increases the rate ice falls/breaks off.

Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

.



We really can't be sure of that unless we observe comets not bound in a solar system. When Halley's Comet is moving away from the Sun, it's traveling 65%
the speed of light. This would decrease the effect of both solar radiation and the solar wind by 2/3rds. Has this been observed?
Of course this ratio can be modified depending on the angle of ascent back into the outer part of our solar system.

Most comets, including Halley's comet is bound to the solar system (until the Sun destroys them). There a few that we have already observed that were on a hyperbolic course. They will never return.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Page 2 of 2<12





Join the debate What It Means To Be Norse:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
What It Means To Be James___8102-11-2021 20:15
What It Means To Be An American825-10-2021 14:09
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.4113-10-2016 23:24
M2C2 - where all or nothing means nothing317-10-2015 05:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact